• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 NMMMJMAN

NMMMJMAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

I am on the verge of creating a small trial batch of RSO from Lady Harlequin and would like some opinions on a few points... We are using it to treat a family member for papillary/thyroid cancer. Should the buds be decarboxylated first? If so, any recommendations for time and temperature and technique...oven, etc.? She would like to be treated without being blasted into oblivion, if possible. We intend to use Everclear as the solvent. Smoking is impractical and probably not adequate for getting enough cannabinoids into her system. She has 3 small children and two older ones and needs to have command of her facilities. I have made Oil in the past for other family members and myself using other strains where there wasn't the need to keep the person from being high for a couple of months. This is my first experience with the high CBD strain Lady Harlequin. I've learned enough over the past couple of years to know there's more to this than just making seemingly random choices. I know these are difficult and inexact subjects to give precise answers to and are probably conflicting goals but any answers/opinions/experiences anyone can contribute will be much appreciated. Thanks so much to you all!!!

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

Hopefully, this will help you a bit:
Everclear 190???
ISO 99%? (requires putting some drops of water in solution at end of rice cooker boil-off)

Rice Cooker?

Coffee Warmer???

If you use those items, no decarb is necessary. The process does it.

You need to freeze everything you use for processing the lady harlequinn (jealous, I can't seem to get it)
FREEZE for 24 hours. Bottles, jars, spoons, liquor, filters-everything for the 'wash.'
The quick wash should be for 3 min and then strained. Then REPEAT it with fresh frozen everclear and jars-etc.
***I don't know of anyone re-freezing the bud***
After the 2nd wash; no more freezing anything.
Note: Most of us use 1 qt canning jars for the wash (with the bud in the jar and pouring the everclear in and shaking the jar for 3 minutes only-each time)

Then strain/filter it.

Then you go to the rice cooker and follow the rest of the directions of Rick. Just keep pouring your material into the cooker and let the machine do the most of the work.

I was told to stir the rice cooker frequently...so, i did. And then followed with picking up the cooker like Rick shows in the video, until it the level in the cooker was low or looked like most of solvent was boiled off, with a little left.

And then on the coffee warmer, again, I was told to stir constantly--I did and could see it was necessary. Especially for the first time..I did it. Most use a wooden toothpick, I used a brass pipe poker.

Once the bubbles are gone...your oil is finished. And YOU my friend will have a happier and soon to be--hopefully healthier friend.

Please let us know the results???

pr

Edited by painretreat, 15 December 2013 - 01:28 AM.

#3 NMMMJMAN

NMMMJMAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

Thanks so much for the detailed response; exactly what I was seeking. You gave details that are totally new to me. I may have questions once I absorb your post. Once again, thanks!
  • painretreat likes this

#4 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

It can be difficult finding the correct 'COMPLETE' instructions and I've been reading this for ages. I believe GrowGoddess has a threa here with pictures with the details. Just figured it would be easier to try to make it more of a 'quick' list for assist. Any questions please ask? If someone here doesn't know the answer, we'll find it. Please, post your results with your work with this patient?? Good luck and May God's plant heal your friend with your guidance and medicine. pr

#5 NMMMJMAN

NMMMJMAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

Oh, I will post results....she has Surgery scheduled for Tuesday(she is stage III). I'll search for GrowGodess' thread. I have a Rice Cooker with the following settings: White, Brown, Steam, and Keep Warm. I have not been able to find a Coffee Warmer yet but I have some additional places to look today. Would the Keep Warm setting on the Rice Cooker work? BTW, the strain is available here in NM as cuttings. I have a beautiful crop going but nowhere near harvest. Or try CBDfreeforall.org....As a cancer patient(cured) myself I have a state license with the personal grow endorsement. Is it possible to post a link to the GrowGodess thread. I'm new here and still fumbling around. For background on me, my wife was diagnosed with StageIV lung cancer in May '11. She passed in August '11. We treated her with RSO done exactly with the video's instructions and a pound of Blue Dream. Her last scan showed the tumors had stopped growing. She died from a burst blood vessel in her chest before the EMTs could get there. The current focus is my girlfriends daughter.

#6 BobGereck

BobGereck

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

god bless

#7 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

GrowGoddess started the thread here too and hasn't kept it up due to difficulty navigating this site and probably lack of posting. I have trouble finding it here, myself. I KNOW it is here, but a google or search here doesn't bring up the thread. So here it is:
http://boards.cannab...impson-oil.html

The rice cooker will not finish off the oil and if you cannot buy a coffee warmer; I found some, finally--at a thrift store for $2.00;
Once the volume and weight of the rice cooker is gone, it 'lifts' up on the warming element of the cooker. Once you do the process, you'll understand why the last step of a coffee warmer is important. I did buy an induction cook plate with digital control of heat, before I lucked onto a coffee warmer.

I cannot recall the temperature setting of a coffee warmer (i goggled it); but you can (and others do) use the induction cooking plate, instead of the coffee warmer. Coffee warmer's have been a stumbling factor for many. I purchased my induction heating plate at Costco and haven't used it yet.

GAAAAsmiley.gif MMJman, I am so sorry for the loss of your wife... smileyheart.gif

Thank you for the CBD link. pr

Edited by painretreat, 15 December 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#8 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

I've been googling and using the search here, can't find it. I KNOW it is here and it'd be nice to have that thread pulled up and these questions asked in it, in one concise place.

As I browsed the forums here--I realized, plenty of my study was here in these forums, Here at laserGP.gif plenty of Graywolfs posts and others.

The site I linked to (cannacom) is a place i would prefer to avoid and feel the medical aspect of cannabis is best addressed at this site with all the other options like Stoned Rangers' NN oil, juicing and other threads here. This place has tons of info folks, just dig thru the forums under the Hemp Oil areas. Tons of INFO. I avoid Cannacom due to excessive moderation of someone that really has no 'clue' of the healing of the oil and our NEED to share and discuss information openly and in regards to other meds we take. That makes that site rather limited in helping each other.

If someone can pull up the thread here, I'll contact GG and ask for some input??? Graywolf is the best source and reading his posts here and all over the internet.

By no means am I an expert, I've been reading and working toward my own "healing-remission" for 18mos. with experimentation of my Multiple Sclerosis. pr

#9 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

Be sure to watch the video of "Run From The Cure." If you use iso, don't forget the drops of water at the end.

Use ALL SAFETY MEASURES and be safe.

I read a thread at GC of 2 stoners comparing their methods and results....Ultimately, they were comparing burns on the arms. pr

#10 NMMMJMAN

NMMMJMAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:42 AM

Thx, pr....in the past I've done this outdoors with a fan.

I had found this thread:
Grain Alcohol 190 Proof Cannabis Oil Feco Extracts—A Civil Discussion

I'll check around some of the specialty kitchen shops for a warmer today...thx, again.
  • painretreat likes this

#11 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

Sorry it's taken me so long to get over here..... I've copied some links I gave in another thread that gives the instructions with pics as how to make the RSO oil... and NN.
As far as a coffee warmer... a simple candle warmer... available at most wal-marts and craft stores will work just the same. I think they are generally around $6 or less. If you can't find one... you can always evap off the rest of the solvent using a water bath/double boiler. Even a plain heating pad will work.. it just takes a bit longer.... but no chance of it burning either.

Here is a link that should help you greatly as far as making the oil... complete with pictures.
https://www.greenpas...891#entry309891
If you follow this you should come out with some great meds and that using all of the plant except the roots, not just bud.
Here is another link with pics just in case you have any issues with chlorophyll..... for some it will cause a bit of tummy upset.
https://www.greenpas...aling-hemp-oil/
That is a water cure.. after the plant matter is dried. Just plain water and lots of rinsing and then redrying the plant matter before the soak in the solvent.

Here is also another method that has had great results for many including curing cancers. It is a completely natural method.. no solvents to worry about.... just extra virgin coconut oil available at most groceries. This oil is much easier to dose also. Not as strong as the RSO... but typically you can ingest more very easily and faster compared to the RSO. If you have any questions regarding the method or dosing...just ask Stoned Ranger and I'm sure he'll be glad to guide you along the way.
https://www.greenpas...-final-chapter/

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions.. just give a shout.
Hugs!
  • painretreat likes this

#12 NMMMJMAN

NMMMJMAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

As promised, the latest update....this was my third batch of oil produced and this time I followed the freezing routine and had the coffee warmer and drops of water finish.  I used 4 ounces of dried/cured Lady harlequin bud and produced oil much easier to work with.  I haven't tried it but we have been treating the patient with 200 to 300mg/day.  She had her thyroid completely removed and 10 lymph nodes(8 cancerous) removed, and her aorta resectioned, a 10 hour surgical procedure.  She is scheduled for oral radioactive iodine treatment in the next 10 days which will require isolation in our guest house for a week or so.  

She has complained that the oil treatment makes it difficult to function(of course, the lack of a thyroid is contributing also).  We are considering lowering the dose to 100-200mg/day....any thoughts, feedback appreciated.  And again, THANKS!!!! 

• painretreat likes this

#13 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

NMMMJMAN:  I've read in a thread called My Experience with RSO that it takes a few weeks to become 'tolerant' of the side-effects...I'll go dig up the post and try to repost a copy here;  well, this is the link to it, for dosing tolerance start with post #200..my link function is not working; 4th attempt, there it is, at the bottom of this post (edit) .somewhere after that post the tolerance discussion commences.  Good luck and please keep us posted what you decide to do.

I've been reading GrowGoddess posts for quite some time now and I do believe she is the most accurate person to discuss dosing with and tolerance.

here's hope that you cure your friend with rso. flyingsmiley.gif   pr

http://boards.cannab...impson-oil.html

Edited by painretreat, 19 January 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#14 NMMMJMAN

NMMMJMAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

Hey thanks,  just printed that for her.  Will let you know how it goes.

• painretreat likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users