5 replies to this topic

#1 anticancerguy

anticancerguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationInDaWoods

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:31 AM

I made a batch of RSO but the Naphtha I used was crap.Guess my brain went dead at the wrong time. Anyway-I have about 50CC of oil in syringes.I went to use some and it really tasted awful and thick/ BLACK.Tasted kinda like what I imagine licking the end of a grease nipple on an old diesel engine would be like?? So i put another dab on the heel of my palm,let it warm and rubbed it a bit to spread it. Then looked at it through a loup.It had a nice color but there were lots of BLACK PARTICLES. So it appears I did not only a careless solvent purchase and sloppy straining. Can I salvage it by reheating it, adding solvent again and boil it off -then strain better than before? If so, how would I know how much solvent? Would putting it in a small container on a heat pad/candle/coffe cup warmer help with the solvent part of the problem? Will I lose too much in re filtering to make it worthwhile? Any other thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.Cheers :)
  • teddys head likes this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:01 AM

hi ya :)

this i'm unsure of ,but i'll bet someone will be along, to tell us the answer i'll wait with you :rollone: :passit:

Health and happiness

#3 Turf

Turf

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1983 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:48 AM

hi there anticancerguy,
making RSO with naptha is a skill that gets better with time and practice. sounds like you need to evaporate/purge your oil better and longer. you shouldn't be able to taste the naptha, if you can, its not done yet.

yes,you can remix the oil and naptha and filter it again.use about 10x the amount of oil for naptha, and refilter, repurge.

so 50cc of oil will mix with 500ml of naptha or another solvent, and try again.

here is the best link i know of for all info on naptha/hexane extracting:

http://skunkpharmres...on-and-alchemy/

good luck!

#4 anticancerguy

anticancerguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationInDaWoods

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

Thanks for the feedback :) I'll let ya know how it turns out.
  • painretreat likes this

#5 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

anticancerguy; i've never heard of 'black' particles in the oil.. The oil taste crappy no matter how you make it. please let us know how it turns out? pr

#6 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

Medicine Maker/Healer/Derelect

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

I wouldn't put that poison in my body period. If you don't make it right and ingest it you could die, probably from your liver failing. High temps will destroy part of the healing properties and the black particles to me sounds like you have scorched it. Check this out and also the link to the previous thread on this subject. It works and is totally organic and natural. https://www.greenpas...__fromsearch__1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users