#1 skintner

skintner

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in NE Washington mountains

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Can someone give me a definitive answer to this question? Are CBDs part of / included in a BHO (butane honey oil) extraction? Are they available to the body when: vaporized? smoked? eaten? Must the CBD cross the blood-brain barrier to be available to your body for use? Ok, that is more than one question but I need the answers... once I started I couldn't stop until I asked them all. peace stk
  • teddys head, Blue61 and painretreat like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

I'll take a stab at it, noting there are videos you can watch on U tube about this:
http://www.youtube.c...bs videos&sm=12

Can someone give me a definitive answer to this question?
Are CBDs part of / included in a BHO (butane honey oil) extraction?

THE Thc / CBDs are in the trichomes and both are extracted. However not decarb'd

Are they available to the body when:
vaporized?
smoked?
eaten?
Yes and in sublinqual administration, as well.

Must the CBD cross the blood-brain barrier to be available to your body for use?

Not entirely and this is where some conversation might be practical!...

Ok, that is more than one question but I need the answers... once I started I couldn't stop until I asked them all.

peace
stk

There are CBD receptors in the bowels and I met a caregiver (a OMMP caregiver; btw) that has treated a patient with strickly inhaling and medibles..no concentrates. After years of his M.D. trying all conventional medication failing this patient, he went to POT! The M.D. said the only medicine that helped his patient was the Medical Marijuana and put the Chrohn's in remission!

Some M.S. patients get stellar results with medibles and/or smoking, vaping..as well! Which means it is crossing the blood brain barrier by smoking and inhaling...it all crosses. The main point is: THE CONCENTRATE is better for serious disease; Regardless of which method or type of concentrate you choose. If you choose to go to concentrates, Uncle Bill's--- Stoned Rangers No-Nonsense seems like it is more practical compared to nothing (which is what we will have if all states ban the solvents we need to make this)! If faced with cancer and a later stage...concentrates are preferable and Uncle Bills No Nonsense--which will be my ultimate medication).

OK so those are non-scientific facts for me! But view the science of cannabinoids and check out that link.

I have different effects from the route I take my medicine.

Mostly, the most effective medication is the concentrate itself! Once you dab some concentrates....it spoils smoking herb! Too hard to get high off smoking without a 'tolerance' break. Concentrates ingested last the longest, even 'dabbed'.

I believe the most effective use is sublinqual...IMHO.. No one knows for sure if we are each able to digest it, some could be wasted in the gutt (do to disease) BUT usually the absorption is stellar, in the gutt! With smoking or anything that involves vapors--plenty is wasted. My best highs were always the wax/oils and still are! Just ate some rso and working on a totally stress FREE holiday week-end of getting totally stoned! Every once in awhile I need to up my blood levels of thc/cbd. pr

Edited by painretreat, 09 November 2013 - 01:50 AM.

• teddys head and Blue61 like this

#3 skintner

skintner

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

Thanks for that, pr... that clarifies things for me. I can continue using BHO extraction and now that I have the equipment for decarb'ing I can press forward. Those questions have been gnawing at me for awhile now. It is a relief to have them answered. peace stk
  • teddys head and painretreat like this

#4 skintner

skintner

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

So is RSO considered to be decarboxylated?
  • teddys head and painretreat like this

#5 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

iconchef.gif Yes. If rso is 'cooked' in a rice cooker, it IS decarboxylated from the heat in the rice cooker. smhug.gif pr You can bake your bud in an oven before you make the BHO, to decarb the buds and that is enough; making BHO usually doesn't include heat.

Edited by painretreat, 12 November 2013 - 07:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users