DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

http://denver.cbsloc...r-chemotherapy/

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – A Colorado Springs mother says Human Services is investigating her family after her choice of treatment for her young son’s cancer. She’s decided on marijuana over chemotherapy.

Sierra Riddle says a case worker visited her earlier this week after a doctor threatened to report her. She told CBS4 Investigator Rick Sallinger she will fight for her son.

Riddle moved to Colorado to get access to the marijuana oil. It’s cannabis oil without THC, the psychoactive part of pot. She says seeing is believing and no amount of pressure will change her mind.

A year ago Landon Riddle, 3, was diagnosed with leukemia. He underwent extensive chemotherapy and radiation and lost his hair. His mother observed his pain and stopped the treatments. They then moved to Colorado and began using oil capsules from marijuana plants.

Sallinger asked Riddle if she feels the marijuana has helped her son.

“Yes, a hundred times better, I mean a million times better,” Riddle said.

She said just look at him then and now, cancer free, according to tests. But Riddle said a Colorado doctor reported her to Human Services for refusing chemotherapy for Landon.

“They are not only forcing me to do something against my will as a parent, they are forcing me to make my child sick,” Riddle said.

This week Riddle said she was paid a visit by Human Services to their home in Colorado Springs investigating Landon’s case.

“A report had been made that Landon was being refused treatment for his leukemia and that I had been a no-call no-show for 10 appointments,” Riddle said.

She called the missed visits claim a blatant lie and insists whatever people say about marijuana, it has helped her child with the cancer now in remission.

“I just want to say, no matter what I am not going to give him chemo, but I’m not going to risk losing him either,” Riddle said. “I’m not going to push it that far.”

While treating a child with medical marijuana for cancer may sound unusual, it is not unique. There have been other cases around the country in what’s become a controversy dubbed “pot for tots.”

***********************************************************************************

And watch the CNN story on her son Landon By Dr. Sanjay Gupta

• plant boy, teddys head, cannabislove and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 GreenWeaver

GreenWeaver

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationTwilight Zone

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

CBD rich strains are now popular to people who desire the medicinal properties of the plant without the high. Currently I'm breeding high CBD strains and making seeds.......Sour Tsunami, GDB x Harlequin.
  • plant boy, teddys head, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#3 BobGereck

BobGereck

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

I wish there was more trials case studies etc I have prostate cancer and id like to take some hi cbd and get away from the high but thc and cbd kill cancer or?
  • plant boy, teddys head, DEBhasgrn and 1 other like this

#4 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

it's the mothers choice end of ,,

if we take that away what have we ? :fly:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

thanks Debs :)

Health and happiness
  • plant boy, PoeticLife, DEBhasgrn and 1 other like this

#5 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18355 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

thanks deb,,,,sadly the state will seize this child and kill him with kindness and chemo,,,good luck to him and his mother
  • Stoned Ranger, DEBhasgrn and BudGreen like this

#6 JuanHunose

JuanHunose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

What a sick society to take children from parents and making them take poison.
  • Stoned Ranger and DEBhasgrn like this

#7 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

Medicine Maker/Healer/Derelect

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

I wish there was more trials case studies etc I have prostate cancer and id like to take some hi cbd and get away from the high but thc and cbd kill cancer or?

If you process the cannabis when it is freshly harvested the THC is not yet psycho active.

We are on the very edge of the government controlling every step of our life. Can you say "Soylent Green"?
  • PoeticLife and DEBhasgrn like this

#8 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

I hope her son keep going strong... you can't argue with "he's doing a million times better". may the healing continue to give him quality of life!

thanks debs
smhug.gif
  • cannabislove likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users