8 replies to this topic

#1 Marina

Marina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTwilight Zone

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

ok I def need to figure out how to do this. My mom is open to the idea so it is done medical for her.
  • plant boy, teddys head, Blue61 and 1 other like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18107 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

welcome to the family from an old dirt farmer in the great white north
  • teddys head and Blue61 like this

#3 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

take your time looking around, lots to read and learn from.... I wish you all the meds you need for your mom!

let the healing begin!

#4 Marina

Marina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTwilight Zone

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Well I read some where that it can medical marijuana can lower your blood pressure to and she is on Lisinopril for her blood pressure and to help her kidneys. So I am concered about that too with her. She is such a little fuddy duddy with marijuana. She is worried about it showing up in blood test and stuff like that. She has been having trouble keeping her meds she is on now down. But that is the stuff that is suppose to make her not throwing up. How the heck are they gonna work if she can not keep them down. I tell her this and that her body needs nurshiment to replace cells in her body. As well as she needs to sleep some too. I know its her desicison but crud I hate seeing her do this to herself because of being scared of it. UGH:( I do want to research all I can to seem lately that is mostly what I do. I try to give her time to rest and not bug her all the time too. She told me my brother is bugging her to death wanting to talk to her doctors and knowing every single detail. I am trying to be more in the back ground and made her promise to call me if she keeps throwing up. She has already had to go to the hospital for deyhydration. She is eating like a section of bread. Like you take a slice of bread and tearing it into 4 sections and eating one section and couple of the gerkins small dill pickels. Ugh what to do with her. I hate seeing her this way needless to have to do this. I even told her to see if she could take that phenergen that is in like a paste so she can rub it on her skin and it will soak in and then she can eat maybe.

#5 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

You are doing Great Marina,, Your doing all you can, I just keep thinking,, Why wouldn't someone like your moms situation, why would they not try just about anything that might be of great help,, If you can,, show her some of this info that you have been researching,, What does she have to lose,, It can't get any worse, She can only get better!!!! My prayers are with you and for sure for you Mom!!!!! Peace and Health be with you and yours,,,,, Deb
  • plant boy, teddys head, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#6 Marina

Marina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTwilight Zone

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

I showed her yesterday a site that she can see some strains and what they treat. She was WOWED when I showed her. So she told me she is def. up for it. I am not asking for a cure for her. I just want to treat her symptoms and make it easier for her even with all the other meds she is still getting sick. She is taking chemo and just went and shaved her head yesterday cause her hair was coming out in clumps after one treatment of chemo. She really does not have great chance of even shrinking the tumor with chemo but I beleive she is taking it for her boyfriend cause he wanted her too. She has on a 10% chance that it will shrink it. I want her comfortable and heck if it cures her that a awesome plus but not counting on it but not counting it out either.
  • plant boy, teddys head, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#7 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

I'm so very glad she is open to medicating with mmj, and as Debs said, most peeps are in search of healing but many times most of us are eager just to have some quality of life..... I wish you and your family strength to help her in her fight.
(I don't know what she is taking for the nausea, but there are oral tablets that are placed under the tongue for those that have a hard time keeping anything down) has she tried toking for the nausea yet? it may help her more than a pharma pill possibly? can't hurt to try.

hugs to you and your family!
flyingsmiley.gif
  • plant boy, teddys head and Blue61 like this

#8 Marina

Marina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTwilight Zone

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Well mom is currently being placed on Hospice she has decided no more chemo(glad for her I hear it is pretty bad) I found out this week that she is stretching the truth about how well she is doing. I think she just does not want to freak out her kids. But we are going to make her some hemp oil so that she can live a bit better without having to worry about over dosing on meds. They gave her this last time at the docs about 2-4 months more likely 2 months they said. But we are gonna live life with her and enjoy ever day we have together.
  • plant boy likes this

#9 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18107 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

here's hoping it works for her,,,,prayers to you all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users