21 replies to this topic

#1 BlackGold

BlackGold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Hello Greens! My name is Thomas and I am from France. This is my first post on this forum so please bear with me and let me know if I am doing someting wrong. I will be glad to also introduce myself in the future when the matter is less pressing. To the point now: Last month, my sister Anne-Sophie was diagnosed with a very rare form of Encephalitis (anti-NMDA receptor Encephalitis) triggered by two benign teratomas on the ovary. The tumors were surgically removed successfully, but it will take months for the brain to recover from the attacks it has been undertaking. Also, my sister is being kept in a medically induced coma while receiving strong sedation to control the inflammation as well as a form of chemotherapy to try and eradicate the chemicals responsible for the attacks to her brain. Right now, it is impossible for me to administrate the oil to my sister who has been unconscious for the past few weeks (plus right now there is a high risk of infection as her immune system has been weakened by chemo, and visitors have to wear masks, gloves, hats etc...). However, considering the oil can be absorbed into the bloodstream following topical applications and given the excellent neuroprotective properties of cannabinoids, I am wondering if rubbing a bit of oil twice a day under my sisters tongue would be a good idea (once the risk of infection has been controlled). I would be interested to know your opinion on this, namely the following points: Is there any risk the oil could make anything worse? Is there any way the doctors could find out (I know THC cannot be found unless it is being looked for) Do you think administering the oil this way would help with damage control? Does anyone have experience with Encephalitis and Cannabinoids/RSO (I read somewhere that Itinkso has a friend who recovered from it, any information on this would be appreciated)? Would you do it while your sisters is still in a coma? Anything you would like to contribute will be highly appreciated. I am not a doctor nor do I want to play God. But if there is anything I can do, I want to act ASAP before its too late and doctors completely poison my sisters brain with their harmful chemicals. Thank you for your time, Thomas

Edited by BlackGold, 23 September 2013 - 03:00 PM.

• teddys head, painretreat and Bong like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hi Blackgold.. nice to meet you. So sorry to hear of what has happened to your sister. My main concern with you giving her the oil now would not be the infection. All of the extracts from our wonderful plant has infection fighting properties. My real concern is the fact that she is in a medically induced coma. The oil is very hard to dose when first starting and too much can make you very sick temporarily. The other thing is there is just no way to tell what kind of affect it will have while she is in the coma with the other meds that is keeping her there. It is true that extracts won't cause bad interactions with other drugs taken orally but I'm just not sure about what would or could happen with the type that is keeping her so sedated. The oil itself is very sedating ya know. I know you want to do all you can to help her... but I truly feel you need to wait to start the oil until she is awake. I wish we could be of more help here.... there is just no knowledge that I know of in this situation. Many prayers heading your way. Hugs!
  • teddys head, painretreat, Bong and 1 other like this

#3 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

Hi Blackgold, if I were your sister, I'd be delighted for you to do that. Sorry, haven't been posting here because I can't seem to make a paragragh...doh, oh, i'll use spaces! First, the oil tastes nasty given sub-linqual. Second, what is your sister's belief of MMJ? I wouldn't want you giving her anything against her wishes... Worse, I fear she will only taste the rso, while in the coma and might come out of it and not want any more. Few like the taste of it, sublingqual--I put up with it for my disease, though. Sorry about these sentences. If that were someone I loved, I'd do it anyway and sit there and monitor how they do and start on an extremely low dose and watch the vital signs. If you are not a medical person, it is not wise, to do so. Mostly because her blood pressure might drop and do you know if she has ever used? Too many factors to take the risk. FIVE STARS FOR YOU FOR WANTING TO DO THE RIGHT THING. if THE OIL is made properly and no solvents...well, I'd love to try giving it to her, if I could. You really need a medical person to sit and evaluate her after dosing. I would not do it, if you do not have a basic understanding of vital signs, though. In this situation...it would be preferable and the sooner the better. Bless YOU for being so caring! I've been reading as much as I can on the oil and and have not read of anyone administering it to a medically induced coma patient...but, you won't have to worry about 'balance' issues until she wakes up. It would be pretty risky, if you cannot monitor her, yourself. I feel as you do, the neuroprotectant properties of the cannabis is absolutely indicated. Since, she is getting chemo too, she must be tolerating that fairly well and the same side-effects for chemo are similar to rso. So, I doubt they would really know, unless her blood pressure bottomed out! Get it ready for the day he says, "yes!" I am frustrated, can't make a paragragh (Windows 8--only does it on this site; I'll get it figured out). I'll edit later, if I can. smileyheart.gif pr

Edited by painretreat, 25 September 2013 - 12:55 AM.

• teddys head and BlackGold like this

#4 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:50 AM

smoked some G-13 and all I can think of is, I forgot an explanation. The reason I would use rso, personally is...medically induced comas the medications used are 'reversible' So, if the rso enhanced the meds, and her vital signs started going lower..the could 'reverse' it and be surprised, her condition would most likely remain the same. Giving low doses and watching the V.S. is why I would do that, knowing as much as I do about rso and am a sponge to read all I can on it..for years! pr

#5 BlackGold

BlackGold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

Thank you Kittypup and Painretreat for your input and kind words. I havent found anybody trying the oil on a medically induced coma either, which is why I thought I would ask for advice here. I agree the taste of the oil is not the best, but I am sure it wont trouble her sleep :) my sister has never touched MMJ though, and honestly Id rather give her a bit of weed against her wishes and save her than let the disease and the pharmaceuticals destroy her brain while the magic cure might be right in my hands (literally, I sometimes take oil or vaporize at the hospital). Yes, many factors to take into account and there doesnt seem to be one right answer but hopefully with more input from GP members I can have a better vision of things. I also do think giving my sister the oil would be very beneficial and hopefully would allow the doctors to down the sedation faster, I am just scared of what might happen if I do. It is becoming more frustrating as time passes and the oil stays in the syringe... Thanks again for your comments and if you guys know anybody on the forum who could help, please direct them to this thread :) Thomas PS: Good luck with Windows 8 PR ;)

Edited by BlackGold, 25 September 2013 - 06:59 AM.

• teddys head likes this

#6 BlackGold

BlackGold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

On a side note I have three private messages already that I cannot read before I reach 25 posts. Please guys get in touch with me on this thread until I can read private messages. Thanks :)
  • teddys head and painretreat like this

#7 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Keep posting BG, you'll get to 25. You sound pretty determined. Again, just want you to know that the medications they have her on, CAN be reversed, or lower dose's given in view of the rso. So, IF you decided to move ahead with this, be sure you test your low dose on yourself and know she has no tolerance. Don't use a syringe--too risky. Put a tiny smudge on your finger and rub that insider her gums. I've worked in the operating room and given patients sedations, etc.. So, that is WHY I FEEL comfortable doing that, not necessarily why it would be good for you to. Knowing the damage those conventional medications do, I understand your reservations and serious concern. Please know, there are drugs that can speed up her heart and getting the blood pressure up, can take a few tricks. The most immediate trick to get a blood pressure UP is inflicting pain--usually sternal pain (jabbing your knuckles in the breast bone). Again, I would not advocate you do this and strongly suggest you get someone with the medical skills to help you out! headshakesmiley.gif pr

#8 BlackGold

BlackGold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Keep posting BG, you'll get to 25. You sound pretty determined. Again, just want you to know that the medications they have her on, CAN be reversed, or lower dose's given in view of the rso. So, IF you decided to move ahead with this, be sure you test your low dose on yourself and know she has no tolerance. Don't use a syringe--too risky. Put a tiny smudge on your finger and rub that insider her gums. I've worked in the operating room and given patients sedations, etc.. So, that is WHY I FEEL comfortable doing that, not necessarily why it would be good for you to. Knowing the damage those conventional medications do, I understand your reservations and serious concern. Please know, there are drugs that can speed up her heart and getting the blood pressure up, can take a few tricks. The most immediate trick to get a blood pressure UP is inflicting pain--usually sternal pain (jabbing your knuckles in the breast bone). Again, I would not advocate you do this and strongly suggest you get someone with the medical skills to help you out! headshakesmiley.gif pr

Yes, we can say I am pretty determined :) just not sure what the right thing to do is.

Thank you PainRetreat for all the extra information, really appreciate it. Right now it seems that the risk of infection has been contained and the doctors have completely stopped the last sedation today, hoping to wake up my sister completely by the end of the week. Hopefully administering the oil while she is unconscious will not be necessary and soon we can start the treatment the usual way. That is, if doctors dont have to get her back on the sedatives as they are still walking in the dark as we speak.

I am still doing some research on the efficiency of the oil on brain/neurological diseases and epilepsy (which my sister will likely have when she wakes up) and I would love some feedback, comments or success stories from anyone who may have had some success with similar health disorders using the oil.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Thomas

PS: Still looking for Itinkso as she seems to know an encephalitis survivor :)

Edited by BlackGold, 27 September 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#9 BlackGold

BlackGold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

Yes, we can say I am pretty determined :) just not sure what the right thing to do is.

Thank you PainRetreat for all the extra information, really appreciate it. Right now it seems that the risk of infection has been contained and the doctors have completely stopped the last sedation today, hoping to wake up my sister completely by the end of the week. Hopefully administering the oil while she is unconscious will not be necessary and soon we can start the treatment the usual way. That is, if doctors dont have to get her back on the sedatives as they are still walking in the dark as we speak.

I am still doing some research on the efficiency of the oil on brain/neurological diseases and epilepsy (which my sister will likely have when she wakes up) and I would love some feedback, comments or success stories from anyone who may have had some success with similar health disorders using the oil.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Thomas

PS: Still looking for Itinkso as she seems to know an encephalitis survivor :)

EDIT: Sorry, double post.

Edited by BlackGold, 27 September 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#10 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

I'm sorry to say our Tink.. (itinkso) has kind of retired from GP to put it the best way I can. She spent many yrs and tireless hours helping others and now she is battling health issues of her own which makes it near impossible for her to be with us anymore. If I run across anything that may help I will let you know, but unfortunately our Tink won't be able to help sweetie. So sorry. Hugs!
  • teddys head, PoeticLife, painretreat and 1 other like this

#11 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

Medicine Maker/Healer/Derelect

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

Bonjour mon ami. My mom was a French Canadian. I do not speak much French. Mix that RSO with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. The coconut oil will penetrate her dermal layers and travel into her blood stream. You can aide absorption by placing a hot towel where you will be applying the mixture. I make a healing remedy using Cannabis and EVCO, but I make it from scratch, not infusing RSO. Totally organic with no additional additives. Good Luck

Edited by Stoned Ranger, 28 September 2013 - 04:18 PM.

• teddys head, PoeticLife, painretreat and 1 other like this

#12 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Blackgold--update please? (still unable to make paragraghs at this site only with Win 8???) I've been reading and now believe that with the medications used to induce the coma, she will most likely tolerate a much higher dose than suspected...but those meds need to be reduced, since you cannot do that, you will need to stick to low small doses---IF that is what you choose to do. Honestly though, in the future if one does with the onset of the induced coma~ theoretically larger doses can be used and the Vital Signs will nudge the M.D.'s to lower the dose of meds for the coma. I've been reading exclusively on rso and SR's NNO and have no doubt it'll all work well. I personally need the larger dose and am going with the rso and use SR's NNO for maintanence... sort of aggrevated I cannot make a paragraph indention here--only???pr

#13 BlackGold

BlackGold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

I'm sorry to say our Tink.. (itinkso) has kind of retired from GP to put it the best way I can. She spent many yrs and tireless hours helping others and now she is battling health issues of her own which makes it near impossible for her to be with us anymore. If I run across anything that may help I will let you know, but unfortunately our Tink won't be able to help sweetie. So sorry.

Hugs!

Such a shame, hopefully the oil will once again do its miracle thing :)

Thank you for the update anyway!

Thomas

Edited by BlackGold, 01 October 2013 - 06:47 PM.

• teddys head likes this

#14 BlackGold

BlackGold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Bonjour mon ami. My mom was a French Canadian. I do not speak much French. Mix that RSO with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. The coconut oil will penetrate her dermal layers and travel into her blood stream. You can aide absorption by placing a hot towel where you will be applying the mixture. I make a healing remedy using Cannabis and EVCO, but I make it from scratch, not infusing RSO. Totally organic with no additional additives.
Good Luck

Bonjour! Its alright, English should do :) say hi to your Mom for me!

Thank you for this great advice, it sounds like another viable alternative for giving the oil to unconscious or sleeping people.

To be honest, I was already looking into your EVCO cannabis oil and I was planning to make it with my next ounce of bud.

However I may not need to try those methods now as the doctors have now stopped almost completely my sisters sedation, and they are hoping she will wake up somewhere during the next week or so. Hopefully I will be able to give her the RSO the usual way.

First chance I get though, I will try that EVCO cannabis oil for sure :)

Edited by BlackGold, 01 October 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#15 BlackGold

BlackGold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

Blackgold--update please? (still unable to make paragraghs at this site only with Win 8???) I've been reading and now believe that with the medications used to induce the coma, she will most likely tolerate a much higher dose than suspected...but those meds need to be reduced, since you cannot do that, you will need to stick to low small doses---IF that is what you choose to do. Honestly though, in the future if one does with the onset of the induced coma~ theoretically larger doses can be used and the Vital Signs will nudge the M.D.'s to lower the dose of meds for the coma. I've been reading exclusively on rso and SR's NNO and have no doubt it'll all work well. I personally need the larger dose and am going with the rso and use SR's NNO for maintanence... sort of aggrevated I cannot make a paragraph indention here--only???pr

Thank you for the extra information. As for the update, doctors have stopped the sedation completely now (first day today) and they are hoping my sister will wake up over the course of the next few days. So hopefully I will be able to give her the RSO the usual way. IF they had to sedate my sister again - which unfortunately is a possibility we can not discard - then my personal preference would be to start giving her small doses of the oil either through the RSO/gums method, or rubbing the oil with EVCO cannabis oil as previously recommended by Stoned Ranger. Hopefully it wont be necessary though.

Could you please elaborate on what SR's NNO are? I am still kind of new to vaping and RSO and I havent heard of this one.

Thanks,

Thomas

Edit: Got it. Stoned Ranger's No Nonsense Oil. :)

Edited by BlackGold, 01 October 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#16 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

hi ya Thomas :)

blessings on your sisters quick recovery :candle2: flyingsmiley.gif

here is SR NNO and check out here as well :)

Health and happiness
  • painretreat and BlackGold like this

#17 BlackGold

BlackGold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

hi ya Thomas :)

blessings on your sisters quick recovery :candle2: flyingsmiley.gif

here is SR NNO and check out here as well :)

Health and happiness

I had actually missed the first part with the pictures :)

Thank you for the warm wishes, fingers crossed!

#18 BlackGold

BlackGold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hello, After many complications and ups and downs, I am back here to report on my sister and her evolution. After I stopped posting here, the doctors have basically been trying to wake my sister up so they can treat her more efficiently and safely. Some days were better than others as always in the Intensive care service. But the main complication was when her intestine ruptured (peritonitis) because of the strong drugs the doctors gave her. This resulted in most of her organs being infected and she had to undergo surgery for the third time in the middle of the night (with a 50 per cent chance of passing away during surgery). The surgery went well but the next two days were crucial (or should I say critical) as any of those infections could have been potentially lethal since it happened right after chemo, when my systers immune system was completely gone. Thankfully, she made it. So back to square one - well kinda. Now the doctors have been trying to wake her up again, and today we just saw a really positive change as my sister is starting to react to us, follow us with her look, she even smiled (we are not positive yet whether this is hallucinations from the disease and from the drugs, or if she actually laughs at seeing us in our ridiculous doctors clothes :)). Also, a kine came and checked her muscles: everything seems alright. She doesnt seem to have lost any motor skills either. So we are all hoping she can soon communicate and show/tell us everything is alright. Now is the first time I may finally have a chance to give my sister the oil and despite the extensive research I have been doing and translating for my french friends and family (and some doctors), my family is still on the fence as they are convinced of the efficiency of the oil, but fear a negative interaction with my sisters Chemo we can unfortunately not afford to stop. I have been trying to tell them and show them that the oil will not affect or be affected by the chemo in a negative way, that many people actually take both because they are not prepared to completely abandon chemo... well I guess I will need to do more research on this topic to convince them, but maybe you guys could point me in the right direction since I am running out of time and Id like to be able to start Anne Sophie on the oil as soon as possible. Do you know of anybody here who took the oïl while doing chemo? Any good resources about the combination of chemo and the oil? Any advice, warnings, recommendations? Thank you all again for your support and kind words. Thomas

Edited by BlackGold, 16 October 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#19 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

THIS WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO START THE OIL, if that is your plan...less sedation from meds and the rso won't keep her under it (check last sentence first). MANY people across the boards are reporting patients taking chemo and the oil. This is the most popular and a current thread with people that are actually taking the rso. Looking at that board right now, it appears some spam gremlins have taken it over, though. And that board is my least favorite, now that I've found this one. http://boards.cannab...impson-oil.html Many take both the rso and chemo; to hedge their bets--you can't blame them. The suggested dose is doubled by chemo. BLACKGOLD; I have a feeling you might want some sativa DOM rso to bring her out of that coma? I have lesions on my brain and sativas tend to make me much more alert and my cognitive skills improve, but it takes plenty for my brain and I have lots of lesions. Yes, You really need to have the entire family 'agree,' but it is very unlikely you can hurt her, at this point--since they WANT her to wake up, this is a good opportunity to start the oil. Plus, ask her to blink one eye and a very specific eye to tell IF she really understands you, or squeeze your hand! Sure hope there is no permanent damage, but her laughter is of some concern....if she isn't hallucinating. Is she on something that would cause the hallucinations? If she is, back off the rso idea, until that is resolved , as marijuana can cause some to have them and you don't want to confuse the symptoms. I hope in my next life I HAVE A BROTHER LIKE YOU!! PR sorry for bad copy---my Windows 8 doesn't work too well here.

Edited by painretreat, 17 October 2013 - 01:33 AM.

#20 BlackGold

BlackGold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

Thank you for the quick and detailed answer PainRetreat. I will do more research and let my family know about your recommendations as always. And I will answer in more détails tonight after visiting my sister. Take care, sorry to hear you couldnt solve your Win8 problem yet.

Edited by BlackGold, 17 October 2013 - 06:31 AM.

#21 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

Hi ya BlackGold :) continued healing vibes flyingsmiley.gif

our Tink's thread has some good reading here

another wee thread here and here

Health and happiness
  • painretreat likes this

#22 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Blackgold; I posted on another board and received a PM regarding a patient that did take rso and was on a host of other meds, no previous marijuana use and was having hallucinations and some others. Is your sister responding to your commands, like squeezing your hand when asked? blinking an eye if asked? Those are signs of consciousness, awareness and some cognitive function. You NEED to know that IF you do this, it WILL most likely make her Blood pressure drop and you need to be very cautious if you choose to proceed and use extremely low doses. Glad you are having this conversation with your family and showing caution and concern. You and your family have been through so much with this, my prayers and concern are sent to you and your family at this time. You DO KNOW that rso takes a few hours to start working and is fairly long acting? I made some a few weeks ago and after wiping my hand free, I got high from licking food off my finger--some rso must have still been invisibly on my finger. If your sister is hallucinating, it is most likely the meds THE DOCTORS HAVE HER ON. You need to make sure, the rso might ENHANCE THOSE HALLUCINATIONS. Which is what I needed to find out and certainly know, it would do that. pr

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RSO, rick simpson, rick simpson oil, hemp oil, cannabis oil, encephalitis, brain, coma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users