168 replies to this topic

#26 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

Thanks KD. It seems to be bouncing back, but I think it got quite the big shock because it was growing like a mofo, but it's now started to lag behind its sisters next to it. Hopefully the shock wears off and it survives. If not, wtf!

But I touched the leaves next to the cotyledons and I got a very lovely, minty skunky smell on my fingers...

The overwhelming urge to jump up and down and dance and sing has found me.

Clams ain't as happy as me.

• plant boy likes this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

It's putting energy into repair, it'll catch up.

• plant boy likes this

#28 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

I assumed as much. I figured getting mooshed (her new name by the way, moosh) had her hurting and she needed time to band-aid things that had gone wrong. But yeah, they smell lovely on my fingers.

• plant boy and KnuckleDragger like this

#29 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

The little ones are at the two week mark today! I'm doing pics every five days from here on out. So tomorrow, pics. depending on if they're dried out or not maybe their first feeding. Not sure yet.

• plant boy likes this

#30 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18518 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:59 AM

what doesn't kill them only makes them stronger

• KnuckleDragger likes this

#31 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

Moosh doesn't seem stronger than her sibling in the pot in front of her, but she's alive and thriving. And I'm starting to see differences in leaf patterns between the two of the three. So maybe I'm a lucky duck and got a couple of different phenotypes out of this packet of seeds.

They also got their first, very light feeding. I put a teaspoon of BioBizz Bio-grow in a gallon of water and split it up between the three plants. Didn't want to go over kill and nuke them. Like everyone said, I can always put more nutes in, but I can't take 'em out. But yes, pictures sometime tonight after lights on tonight when they wake up from their 4 hour slumber.

#32 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18518 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:13 AM

and they are off,,,,won't see til later how moosh survived

#33 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

Day fifteen! They have about 60 days to go according to breeders specs. We'll see, but I would assume so as the Joint Doctor is the original autoflower and I've only read good stuff about that characteristic from his stuff and other reviews of the easy ryder strain.

Number three is Ms. Moosh (I assume girl, because they're feminized). She's also in a slightly smaller amount of soil, but only by an inch or two. But she seems like she's okay, just a little stunted by her accident.

I've read that they could start showing sex as early as 17 days, I'm sure I'm off from that because I'm under T-5s, but I should start watching for it probably. So if someone sees something I'm missing, shout it out.

Much love guys!

Attached Files

• plant boy likes this

#34 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

And jiminy jilikers I think one of them may be show it's sex already. I noticed tiny, very tiny, little white hairs sticking out from the top most node points. So there's modest hope that she's a female and I'm going to have a happy garden in the House of Cheeks.

#35 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

Yeah, I'm almost certain now; Fifteen days, and she showed that she's a girl. Those little white pistils are a beautiful sign. I'm trying to get pictures of them, but I'm not crazy, and I haven't smoked that much! They're there, on two plants (the one is so tiny it's almost hard to see.) and Moosh is laggy and small cuz of her incident. Winsauce.

• plant boy likes this

#36 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:05 AM

WWEEEEEE! Girls! Love it! I know that's the point of feminized seeds, but still, WINZ0RDZ! :banana:

Moosh is still small. Growing, but small and not showing the same signs. I bet if she hadn't gotten the pimp slap from the lighting system she'd be in the same position as Ms. Cristal, cuz she'd been champing until that point. But alas, misadventures happen. :animbong:

#37 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18518 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:25 AM

they look happy and healthy , keep it going

#38 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:22 AM

Wow, PB, you're right, they are OFFFF.

Ms. Bailey (number one, she smells like skunky coffee) has all sorts of new growth. Ms Cristal is booming and branching out crazily. Ms. Moosh is chugging along, but I think her pimp slapping stunted her growth. She still hasn't show me the lady parts yet. The other two have. Don't know if I should be worried or not.

• plant boy likes this

#39 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18518 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:39 AM

in time all will be reveled

#40 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Don't worry, it's a she or not.  :D

• plant boy likes this

#41 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

Time has revealed that pimp slapping couldn't keep Moosh from becoming a pretty girl.

#42 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18518 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:04 AM

now you have 3 girls

#43 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

Yeah, I have three girls. Now it's just waiting for those lovely little bud sites.

So two questions for the veteran gardners from the rookie.

If the buckets are still heavy and the dirt is still moist (not on top, a couple of inches down) , should I forgo another watering/feeding?

Harvest time, would there be too much light left over if I decided to hang my harvest in the tent above the light bank/balast?

#44 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

The trick is to let the soil dry as much as possible without getting too dry. You notice things like a plant starting to wilt a bit before watering. You can get one of those cheapy moisture meters at garden centers that work pretty well for tracking soil moisture though a lot of them come with a pH reading that doesn't work, so ignore that part. Example http://www.amazon.co... moisture meter

#45 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

Well damn if you didn't say it and I didn't just notice it on one of them. Just the starts. The top leaves of new growth are drooping just a little bit.

I guess it's time to give them some yum-yums.

#46 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

Well, they got their yum yums. They're happy.  And now it's time for a show. They all seem very happy right now, minus it being a little colder than I'd like. But I can't really control the fact that it's 7 degrees outside or my terrible old apartment building. There's no color change or frost, but it's probably right at the bottom of the threshold for the happy range, maybe a degree or two colder.

I noticed the cotyledon's starting to wither up on two of them. Is that normal?

And the harvest question, seriously, can I hang them above the lights, or will that be too much light/heat and cause problems?

Attached Files

#47 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

The "baby" leaves are temporary. You can hang them above the light, it's not optimum but it'll work fine.

#48 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

Is it normal to get a retarded leaf or two? And by that I mean... you get the big fan leaves, and it's got like three leaves and one tiny one at the bottom. They're at the very bottom. Is it normal, is it a genetic trait of a sativa, an indica, or is that the ruderalis coming out? Did I do that with the soil being to hot or the nutes I used?  They look healthy, so there's no panic, I just noticed it from sitting with them and started my typical ponderance.  

#49 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

Not too unusual to have a leaf or two go strange.

#50 sawyer05

sawyer05

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

Lookin good man. You got some nice lookin girls so far
  • plant boy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users