#101 canon

canon

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:53 AM

Oh DUH!! I'm a dimb ass!

I read teaspoon but somehow was thinking tablespoon!

1 gram is about 2/3 teaspoon! Wonder where FUBAR went. LOL. (My mistake)
  • teddys head, Stoned Ranger and Blue61 like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#102 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

Medicine Maker/Healer/Derelect

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

Started making a batch of NN, 2.5 lbs of frozen greenery and I.3 gallons of EVCO.

Attached Files

• teddys head, Zoot, sandbreak and 2 others like this

#103 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

well hey old man... how u been brother... im hopeing very well.. been awhile glad your still around read at ya soon.
  • teddys head, Bong and GeneralSmokeUppington like this

#104 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2251 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:22 AM

woooooow SR nice chunk of greenery :D hope your well my friend. Bong
  • GeneralSmokeUppington likes this

#105 StickyMeds0621

StickyMeds0621

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

Stonedranger, I am very impressed with this method and can’t wait to give this a try. I always make my coco oil a slightly different way but am always into trying new things. Especially methods that are proven to be reliable! I am just about to make my first batch of concentrated oil and I have been planning on how I am going to do it in the safest way possible. I hate the thought of using a solvent that is dangerous to ingest, whether it is fully evaporated or not. When I use buds to make my canna oil, I first make hash and just bake that into coco oil and make exactly the amount I need, which suits my needs very well and never lets me down. However, I am looking into actually using more parts of the plant. I usually grow feminized seeds only, but this run in an attempt to try CBD, I bought some Sweet N’ Sour Widow by CBD Crew. They were regular seeds and I ended up with a male. I am going to collect the pollen then chop him down. I am planning to use the whole male plant, everything but the roots, as well as some fan leaves from defoliating the other two females. It isn’t going to be a whole lot, after it’s all chopped up (fresh), maybe will get enough to fill an 8x8 baking dish. With that said, first of all, would you expect this to be even worth anything since the bulk of it comes from only fan leaves and stems of plants that are not even close to fully mature? At the very least, it will be good to practice the process with something that wouldn’t be a huge loss if it all went to waste. I have enough knowledge and experience with edibles to be confident I will not waste anything. I’ve just only worked with bud and hash in the past. Not fan leaves, stems, or male plants. If you think it will be worth my time, then I have some more specific questions on the process.

#106 StickyMeds0621

StickyMeds0621

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

OK! I read your tutorial about 12 times trying to make sense of it. I'm going to summarize what I understand and tell me if I am close or not! Basically what you are doing is cooking the plant material in water for about 24 hours. Then you are using the immersion blender to basically seperate the trichomes from the plant material. Then once you pass it through the 100 micron filter, the point is that you are seperating the trichomes (mixed with water) and the excess plant material. Then you add the coconut oil to the water/trichome mixuture and freeze it. The water and oil will seperate. The trichomes will settle to the bottom with the oil and you can remove the ice that sits on it. Then you are left with the oil that contains all of the cannabinoids. You melt the coco oil back down and draw it up into the oral syringes. With the exception of the optional flavoring step, thats it? Or am I completely off? couple other questions: does it need to be dry to start with? I can decarb if I want to activate the THC prior to starting the process right?

#107 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

OK! I read your tutorial about 12 times trying to make sense of it. I'm going to summarize what I understand and tell me if I am close or not!

Basically what you are doing is cooking the plant material in water for about 24 hours. Then you are using the immersion blender to basically seperate the trichomes from the plant material. Then once you pass it through the 100 micron filter, the point is that you are seperating the trichomes (mixed with water) and the excess plant material. Then you add the coconut oil to the water/trichome mixuture and freeze it. The water and oil will seperate. The trichomes will settle to the bottom with the oil and you can remove the ice that sits on it. Then you are left with the oil that contains all of the cannabinoids. You melt the coco oil back down and draw it up into the oral syringes. With the exception of the optional flavoring step, thats it? Or am I completely off?

couple other questions: does it need to be dry to start with? I can decarb if I want to activate the THC prior to starting the process right?

hi stickymeds... SR's newest way is in the beginning of the thread and there is no more water being used... and it simplifies everything just using the Coconut oil (SR prefers the Extra Virgin Coconut oil).

I make his oil with all trim and popcorn bud... if I am ready to make a batch when i am in harvest mode then i use it fresh, if it needs to be put off then I freeze the fresh materials. (I have not made it with actual bud yet, so SR will jump in on that ?)
i take all my material and use poultry scissors to give it a good chop (saves the immersion stick blades) once its out of the freezer or fresh and put it into the slowcooker/crockpot which already has the EVCO in it heating up.. keep stirring the first few hours and make sure its not exceeding the temps SR has stated... I use a candy thermometer only because its onhand. after its simmered for the length of time he states, then you will pour it thru the micron bags and at the very end (make sure its cool or you'll burn your hands.. have done it many times lol) and squish the heck out of the pulp to get it all out. Put it in your container of choice and let it set or put in separate containers as you would like.

hope this helped!
let us know how your meds turn out for you! (a little goes a long way... and you'll get the hang of dosing as you begin medicating with it.. start small and work your way up... everyone has different tolerance levels.. and it does pack a punch!!
smileyheart.gif

#108 StickyMeds0621

StickyMeds0621

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

Thank you so much for the reply! That does simplify it and it sounds like a similar way that I used to make it so I can relate to it now. My only concern is the small amount that I'm making will require such a small amount of coconut oil that if I use a slow cooker, it will barely cover the bottom. For this reason, I am thinking of doing a solvent transfer from everclear to coco oil. That way I can just soak the leaves and stems and dissolve the cannabinoids in it and transfer into the coco oil to evaporate the everclear out. Since it's actually able to be ingested, I won't feel as opposed to the method as I am with ISO. Unless you have a better suggestion to make a smaller batch? Also, since I don't have a bag, would a cheesecloth suffice? Don't really have additional funds at the moment unless I get hooked up for Christmas ;) Thanks again for the help!

#109 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

Thank you so much for the reply!

That does simplify it and it sounds like a similar way that I used to make it so I can relate to it now. My only concern is the small amount that I'm making will require such a small amount of coconut oil that if I use a slow cooker, it will barely cover the bottom. For this reason, I am thinking of doing a solvent transfer from everclear to coco oil. That way I can just soak the leaves and stems and dissolve the cannabinoids in it and transfer into the coco oil to evaporate the everclear out. Since it's actually able to be ingested, I won't feel as opposed to the method as I am with ISO.

Unless you have a better suggestion to make a smaller batch? Also, since I don't have a bag, would a cheesecloth suffice? Don't really have additional funds at the moment unless I get hooked up for Christmas ;)

Thanks again for the help!

the smaller batches i'm not sure of.. but you can def use the cheesecloth to strain, it just takes a bit more patience to run thru but if a small batch that won't be a problem either really. I've never made oil with solvents so i don't want to mislead with information.... but this particular method is strictly with coconut oil. Have you looked in the other oil threads and maybe find more info on small batches?

p.s. we're all struggling financially and any shortcuts like the cheesecloth are a savings...... now if only there was a sack coming down the chimney we'd all be set! grrrrrr

be well & medicated!

#110 StickyMeds0621

StickyMeds0621

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

Yeah I've done all that stuff before, I just wanted to keep it close to this method so I could give it a shot. I decided to just make it now. I am decarbing the leaves right now and making it in the oven instead. I have in a small baking dish. I am using about 1/4 cup of oil but even that won't make it as concentrated as I want. Only thing is if I use a couple teaspoons like I want to, it won't cover the bottom of the dish or even the plant material. So I'll see how it turns out. I'll keep ya posted.

#111 StickyMeds0621

StickyMeds0621

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Just in case anyone wonders if male plants are useful, especially being only a couple weeks into flower, they are! So, with everything I said yesterday, I ended up making the oil. I made it with 1/8c EVCO to 14.5g decarboxylated leaf, pollen sacks, stems, and the leaves from defoliating the 2 small females (no trichomes yet). The 1/8c was just enough to barely saturate the material. To let it work a little better, I added a cup of water to help infuse the cannabinoids into the oil. I used lecithin in there as well (always do). Before the water was frozen, but the EVCO was solid, I drained the water. The whole process took about 18 hours. As a reminder, the plants were CBD Crew: Sweet n Sour Widow. Let me say that I am 100% sure that the oil I produced has a very high CBD content. I have never felt something so wonderful. I kind of enjoy THC to an extent, if it is very light, but I get anxious if it hits me too hard. This stuff I feel absolutely clear minded with no psychoactivity. However, I feel a very, very strong buzz from my head to my toes. My pain has been completely gone all day. Something I have not been able to say in a long time, even with my opiate pain medicine. I haven't taken that all day and it was this by itself. I feel absolutely wonderful. Not only just being pain free, but it is the most comfortable and relaxing feeling in the world! Just thought I would share my experience since I used a very similar method to SR's (his old method, because I needed to use water due to the small amount of oil).

#112 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

Thank you so much for the reply!

That does simplify it and it sounds like a similar way that I used to make it so I can relate to it now. My only concern is the small amount that I'm making will require such a small amount of coconut oil that if I use a slow cooker, it will barely cover the bottom. For this reason, I am thinking of doing a solvent transfer from everclear to coco oil. That way I can just soak the leaves and stems and dissolve the cannabinoids in it and transfer into the coco oil to evaporate the everclear out. Since it's actually able to be ingested, I won't feel as opposed to the method as I am with ISO.

Unless you have a better suggestion to make a smaller batch? Also, since I don't have a bag, would a cheesecloth suffice? Don't really have additional funds at the moment unless I get hooked up for Christmas ;)

Thanks again for the help!

I'm awfully glad that the NNO has given you a bit of relief. Cannabinoids dissolve in FAT, EVCO is 100% vegetable fat. You can add more EVCO as the water part is a pain in the ass. Use 1/2 cup of EVCO. Applying heat to the cannabis will cause it to lose some of the healing properties. You should not be using temps over 120-150 degrees. NO carbolexing!!

Edited by Stoned Ranger, 20 December 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#113 StickyMeds0621

StickyMeds0621

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

For pain and inflammation, THC and CBD without the carboxyl group are much more effective. THCA has great inflammation properties, as well as anti-cancer and many other, so it is a good thing to keep temps low if that is what you want, but isn't as effective for pain. CBD is much better than CBDA overall. CBDA only is known to treat bacterial and fungal infections (as far as I know). CBD can almost do anything you want it to! So ensuring my oil has a high CBD content is my target since I have a great deal of pain, inflammation, nerve pain, etc. This stuff turned out absolutely perfect. I've felt better for the last 2 days than I have in months. It all comes down to finding the right process and the right strain f

#114 StickyMeds0621

StickyMeds0621

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

For pain and inflammation, THC and CBD without the carboxyl group are much more effective. THCA has great inflammation properties, as well as anti-cancer and many other, so it is a good thing to keep temps low if that is what you want, but isn't as effective for pain. CBD is much better than CBDA overall. CBDA only is known to treat bacterial and fungal infections (as far as I know). CBD can almost do anything you want it to! So ensuring my oil has a high CBD content is my target since I have a great deal of pain, inflammation, nerve pain, etc. This stuff turned out absolutely perfect. I've felt better for the last 2 days than I have in months. It all comes down to finding the right process and the right strain for your specific needs. I am proud to say, I've finally found it! Sweet n Sour Widow is the most effective strain in fighting pain that I've ever come across. I have high hopes for the future! My buds aren't even finished yet so I'm very excited to see how much more effective they are. If it's any better than concentrating the male plant and some extra leaves then I'll be more happy than words can explain!

Edited by StickyMeds0621, 20 December 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#115 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

Awesome job making your own medicine, I'm sure glad that you get some sort of relief from the NNO. I make it from leaves only and it kicks ass. Merry Christmas Bill

#116 whitebeach

whitebeach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

Sorry bit confused. Sticky meds in your last post you say

"For pain and inflammation, THC and CBD without the carboxyl group are much more effective. THCA has great inflammation properties, as well as anti-cancer and many other, so it is a good thing to keep temps low if that is what you want, but isn't as effective for pain."
Is it effective for pain or not? At the beginnong of your para you say it is at the end not.

I am going to be making this oil and need to know if I need to decarb or not. Everything I have read about oil for cancer says you have to decarb. This quote is from Dennis Hill.
heating the oil to a specific temp for a specific time will decarboxylate THCA to THC, making it an effective anti-cancer agent (among other things). Only THC will fit the CB-1 receptor, not THCA. This is extremely important if you use cannabis for cancer.

#117 saltdog

saltdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

To decarboxylate or not ? I have the same question as Whitebeach.  I don't seems to be able to find an answer that satisfactorily settles that question in my readings as the info seems to go both ways.  Also, most all of the dispensaries around seem to use Butane or other chemical solvents to make their oil, and I am assuming the THCA/CBDA is likely decarboxylated while burning off the solvent.  That's one of the reasons why I'm looking at doing it myself, that and the cost savings.  Also, to be frank, I would also prefer to be able to use the cannabinoids as medicine without getting high except when I want to, and it does seem clear that decarboxylation is the only way that cannabinoids become psychoactive in any way.  I'm hoping I have a choice on the matter.

I appreciate that nobody here likely has credentials (excepting maybe Dennis Hill) to give an expert opinion, but I hope someone feels comfortable enough with their understanding and experience to volunteer an opinion on the issue. 

Many thanks to for all that have shared their knowledge so far.

• KnuckleDragger likes this

#118 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

This is a short article over on skunk pharm that may be of help here.

http://skunkpharmres...ecarboxylation/

This should help a bit.... or at least I hope so.   I'll keep looking for more to clarify a bit better.

Hugs!

• KnuckleDragger likes this

#119 whitebeach

whitebeach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:49 AM

Thanks Kittypup, The more I read the more confused I am becoming! The latest is that I have to to decarb to activate CBD. Is this true? There are plenty of people who never mention this and who are making coconut oil cannabis with low heat and no decarbing. Would that mean they are not getting either THC or CBD?

#120 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

Why are you asking about decarboxylate in this thread. If you are making my medicine the temps need to be kept low to not ruining the healing powers of this plant. Decarboxylating will not make you the best NN.

Stop confusing everybody else, find a thread that deals with RSO. My NNO process is an easy and straight forward method to make healing oil, NN, for yourselves. Nothing else has to be done if you follow the instructions. NOTHING.

I spent 3 years, used lbs of cannabis in order to develop a process for this oil. I'm not a lab or a lab technician, I am a industrial mechanic, a real good mechanic and finding alternate ways to do the same thing is in my blood.

Go to the beginning of this topic and take the link to the beginning and development of NN.

no.no.gif

#121 whitebeach

whitebeach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

Yes I've read all about your way of making oil but it is still a valid point that if you don't decarb then you won't get THC and therefore... "Only THC will fit the CB-1 receptor, not THCA. This is extremely important if you use cannabis for cancer."

I am on this thread because I don't want to make RSO! But, and this is a big BUT, should I decarb before making NN? Most 'experts', including Dennis Hill and Skunk Pharma say yes. They even go as far as saying CBD will not be as fully activated if not decarbed.

#122 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

Made just this way a man in Nebraska stopped the advance of mantle cell lymphoma. I wish he would have sent me more than he did, but his Drs were amazed that the lymphoma quit advancing, not completely but in 30 days it spread only .3%. I had helped him for someone I knew and when he started demanding things I cut him off. Lets see what the chemo can do for him. I successfully helped a woman in CA that had adenocarcinoma. Gave a guy with an auto immune disease 2 months of NN and the response was fast and dramatic. In 5 weeks he lost 50 lbs of steroid fat and cut his pharmaceutical pain killers in half.

The less heat I used the better and stronger the medicine I got. Look I don't care a whole lot about what people say or think about me or my medicine. You don't have to use it. If you choose to believe your references then by all means do whatever you want. Haven't you read any of the testimonials people have posted.

Here's a quote from juniper;

Thank you for your courage to give courage to others with this healing oil.

We went ahead and applied to the open tumor, actually, on top of a perforated silicon layer that she uses to keep all dressings from fusing with the flesh. We left it for 24 hours and were very pleasantly surprised to see the silicon and wound were MUCH cleaner and there was no longer any foul smell.

Also. we noticed a significant reduction in size in several of the areas. We applied it directly again today.

The words here are  "significant reduction" in size after only 24 hours.

I know you are trying to be careful and I guess I don't blame you. I hope you can find a medicine for yourself.

Do you grow your own?

#123 BobGereck

BobGereck

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

So far the nno agrees with me the coconut oil is a healer too .I think the jury is out on what part of the plant is most healing and how best to prepare it .im using the whole plant for my nno.

#124 whitebeach

whitebeach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

Thanks Stoned Ranger. I appreciate your patience. I am a rank beginner when it comes to medical marijuana. I am growing my own. High CBD strains. I will do your method because I don't want THC. But then I started reading that you need THC.

One question I haven't asked is re dosage. Is there a way of telling how much to take? I guess that depends on how strong the preparation is. But if there is no THC esn't difficult to tell how much to take? (if there is active THC the more you take the higher you become etc).

#125 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

I wanna quote Bob and whitebeach

Bob,

I also use all green parts of the plant omitting only the hard stems and roots. If I can get my aero skills up to par I will them make root balm which is a most excellent topical pain reliever.

white beach,

I'm sorry for slammin you a bit. First I want to thank you for your patience with me, sometimes I can be a little grouchy. Pain 24/7 does that to me and many others. I did not compose the parts about THC A and THC and now THC V. I quoted other experts that have posted their opinions. It was not me who stated that by turning the THC A to THC you lessen the medicinal value. The THC V was recently discovered and only occurs in Sativas thus making them more effective when making medicine.

How big are you and what are you doing battle with? How far along is your disease? I will help you as much as I can.

Everybody thinks their medicine is best.

I will be sending a 60 ml sample to the Green Dragon Clinic in Shasta to be tested and when I get the results I will post them here. The clinic is run by a Dr. She's not only smart but is also quite a hottie.

SR

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannabis, medical, medicine, cancer, disease, cure, melanoma, coconut oil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users