• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#76 aenemic

aenemic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

I have been thinking of getting one for food reasons as well, so this would just be another great reason. I see one way of doing it as using the sous vide to heat up water, then have a bowl in the water, use a cooking thermometer in the bowl and figure out the exact temperature setting for the water to make the content in the bowl a steady 150. Also I was thiking about different types of oils for solluting the medicine. Could I say go 50/50 coconut / avocado oil (or to get really meta, hempseed oil) to get different types of goodies from beneficial oils as well?

Edited by aenemic, 09 October 2013 - 09:57 PM.

• teddys head and Blue61 like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#77 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

Medicine Maker/Healer/Derelect

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

I have been thinking of getting one for food reasons as well, so this would just be another great reason.

I see one way of doing it as using the sous vide to heat up water, then have a bowl in the water, use a cooking thermometer in the bowl and figure out the exact temperature setting for the water to make the content in the bowl a steady 150.

Also I was thiking about different types of oils for solluting the medicine. Could I say go 50/50 coconut / avocado oil (or to get really meta, hempseed oil) to get different types of goodies from beneficial oils as well?

You cannot get any better than the EVCO, I do not see any added benefits adding anything else, I'd leave it as simple as you can . If you are allergic to EVCO, Extra virgin mango butter is a pretty good substitute. I've also made it from Shea butter and Cocoa butter as well. Yes the double boiler effect will do the heating of the oil, quite well
Good Luck
SR
  • teddys head, sandbreak, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#78 aenemic

aenemic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

Thanks for the great answers buddy! Need to order me some coconut oil then I guess! Our first aquapoonics haul is soon ready for harvest!

Edited by aenemic, 10 October 2013 - 05:55 AM.

• teddys head, Stoned Ranger, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#79 Inee

Inee

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOn the edge.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

SR - you remain my hero - nothing has helped as much as NNO in its various versions - your generosity in sharing what you have discovered is awesome. So customizable for various applications. Thanks is not adequate.
  • teddys head, PoeticLife, sandbreak and 2 others like this

#80 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

I'd accept a hug and a kiss! just a peck would do, hehehehehe. I am so very happy that you have finally found a bit of relief using NN. You are responsible for using it in new and wonderful ways and sharing them with us. hugs3gif
  • teddys head, PoeticLife, sandbreak and 2 others like this

#81 Inee

Inee

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOn the edge.

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

Hug Smiley kiss.gif Hug Smiley :kittenhugs: Hugs and Kisses a plenty SR - Gotta love internet hugs - they can't hurt. Survival now for so many depends upon finding innovative ways to treat things that traditional medicine hasn't been successful with and we can only do that effectively through sharing what we learn in dealing with our own situations. "They" would like to call it anecdotal in a dismissive tone, but for me it is far simpler. If it works - it works and is an invaluable tool in restoring or maintaining good health. ITS AN HERB - just food - next you won't be allowed to grow heirloom tomatoes in your home garden. Good food is always the best medicine.
  • Stoned Ranger, PoeticLife, sandbreak and 2 others like this

#82 aenemic

aenemic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Hear hear!
  • PoeticLife and Blue61 like this

#83 GeneralSmokeUppington

GeneralSmokeUppington

Grand Poobah

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

I have a quick question. Can too much oil/cbd's make you anxious, as in anxiety?
  • Blue61 likes this

#84 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

I have a quick question.
Can too much oil/cbd's make you anxious, as in anxiety?

How long does this anxiety last? If you used dry cannabis or over heated it, it will have more psycho active effect. The higher amount of THC could make this happen. Ever get paranoid when you smoked cannabis? Try a smaller dose or stop taking it for a week or so and see how it goes.
SR
  • sandbreak, Blue61 and GeneralSmokeUppington like this

#85 GeneralSmokeUppington

GeneralSmokeUppington

Grand Poobah

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

It did get over heated a bit, (fresh canna), but I don't feel like I'm getting high, just anxious ? Or maybe I am and just don't realize it because it's not enough to be blatantly high? I'm stressed a bit lately so it could be that? Guess I need to make another batch and see if that makes a difference ;) Thanx SR

Edited by GeneralSmokeUppington, 15 October 2013 - 05:34 AM.

• Blue61 likes this

#86 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

It did get over heated a bit, (fresh canna), but I don't feel like I'm getting high, just anxious ?
Or maybe I am and just don't realize it because it's not enough to be blatantly high?

I'm stressed a bit lately so it could be that?

Guess I need to make another batch and see if that makes a difference ;)

Thanx SR

This medicine really does the opposite of anxiety, usually you get a pretty nice little high which usually puts a smile on my face. The extra stress could definitely be a problem.

#87 GeneralSmokeUppington

GeneralSmokeUppington

Grand Poobah

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

This medicine really does the opposite of anxiety, usually you get a pretty nice little high which usually puts a smile on my face. The extra stress could definitely be a problem.

I think it's a bit of both :(
I started out with that smile effect. Then somehow it just went south on me :confused:
Hopefully I'll have time to make a new batch soon :rolleyes:

Thanks for the input

:salute:
  • Stoned Ranger and Blue61 like this

#88 Inee

Inee

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOn the edge.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

Strain makes a difference too - try a different variety and lose the decarb (you can always bake a medible if you want the extra kick at some point) - if that isn't enough cut the dose in half. Too much of a good thing is still too much and it sure didn't feel good to me either. Luckily you can fix the problem with a little trying of this and that. FITH
  • Stoned Ranger, sandbreak, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#89 canon

canon

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

"* For every 8 oz of cannabis use 5 cups of EVCO"..... IS that still correct a ratio?

Heading to the store for the EVCO now.

Recalculated and found 4 cups (1 qt.) oil to 6.4 ounces of bone dry bud & shake to be equivilent.

After crushing the dry material it sure looks like a lot of matter for only a quart of oil. So much so, I have to ask if I'm not reading something right.

Also;
After the oil is extracted... what would you think about using the cast-off material as a hot (warm) compress on extreem pain spots like gout, arthritis, joints, and such?

Thank you very much for this info.
  • Blue61 likes this

#90 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

You can adjust the amount of EVCO if you want, put in 5 cups or what ever you feel the need to dilute. The cast off material would make an awesome poultice but you can harvest the oil from the left overs by tying your filter up and dip it in some hot water, kinda like dipping a big Tea bag. When you are done dipping let the filter and plant matter sink to the bottom. When that cools you will have oil on the surface. This kicks arthritis in the ass as well as fibro and even peripheral neuropathy for some. As a topical a little bit goes a long way. You can put a hot towel on the area where you are going to apply the NN. It opens the pores and help with dermal penetration Good Luck I pray that this helps you SR

#91 canon

canon

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Thank you EXTREEMLY much. I've tried a lot of concoctions. Most get me "buzzed". While entertaining at times,,, not always desired. (Yup, I'm weird) Vascular disease in the legs, bad knee joints, arthritis & gout all in the same place. Always something acting up. I really hope this works as anticipated. I get real tired of the hurt. Thank you. I'll update how it comes out / works (for me).

#92 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

Thank you EXTREEMLY much.
I've tried a lot of concoctions. Most get me "buzzed". While entertaining at times,,, not always desired. (Yup, I'm weird)
Vascular disease in the legs, bad knee joints, arthritis & gout all in the same place. Always something acting up.
I really hope this works as anticipated. I get real tired of the hurt.
Thank you. I'll update how it comes out / works (for me).

Yes pain can frazzle you. I'm in pain 24/7 and use NN mostly topically for temporary relief. I must still take opiates to tone the pain down and to help get me through the day. I think you will be in for a pleasant surprise.
Good Luck
SR
  • teddys head, sandbreak, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#93 aenemic

aenemic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

Just made our first back yesterday! All organic aquaponically grown buds! The fish made us all proud! Thanks for such an amazingly simple guide to follow!
  • teddys head, Blue61 and GeneralSmokeUppington like this

#94 aenemic

aenemic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

Just made a photoDIY of the process. Does it meet the requirements? http://imgur.com/a/3HojT
  • teddys head, Stoned Ranger, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#95 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

Hi aenemic, Nice tute ya got there.I was wondering if you could down load it to GP directly.Some sites take pics and such down and then it leaves a big hole in the thread because the link won't work. We hate to lose all the great info. Has far as heating it up in the oven I am not sure how well that works.Ovens do not keep a steady temp.When they cool down they heat the oven back up with hotter temps and you don't get that consistency of temp.I am by no means an expert on this and hopefully someone with more experience will weigh in on it. :) Peace, Blue
  • sandbreak and GeneralSmokeUppington like this

#96 aenemic

aenemic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

Hi aenemic, Nice tute ya got there.I was wondering if you could down load it to GP directly.Some
sites take pics and such down and then it leaves a big hole in the thread because the link won't work.
We hate to lose all the great info.
Has far as heating it up in the oven I am not sure how well that works.Ovens do not keep a steady temp.When they cool down they
heat the oven back up with hotter temps and you don't get that consistency of temp.I am by no means an expert
on this and hopefully someone with more experience will weigh in on it. :)
Peace,
Blue

Ill upload them directly here as well.

We have a pretty good oven, it never dropped under 50C and never over 65C. Oil kept liquid and warm at all time. Shouldnt be a problem I reckon.

Procedure:

Ingredients first:

100g pretty dry aquaponics bud, type hashplant and 5dl virgin organic coconut oil
Posted Image

Posted Image

Blender:
Posted Image

Temperature control:
Posted Image

Tried to keep it between 55-60 celcius. Was relatively steady around 55.

Put Coconut oil and bud into container like this and leave in oven for an hour or two:

Posted Image

After some time has passed. Blend:

Posted Image

After repeating this step four or five times over the next hours, it should look something like this I hope:

Posted Image
Posted Image

I kept on a couple more times after this as well. Then let it sit for 12 hours.

After straining it through a micron sock like this: (sorry dont have any pics)

Posted Image

I just put it all into the sock when the sock was in a bowl, and simply squeezed all the oil out of whatever was left of the plant material.

Ended up with this:
Posted Image
Posted Image
  • Blue61 likes this

#97 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

Jumping my thread and putting in your 2 cents worth doesn't make me happy at all. no.no.gif
  • GeneralSmokeUppington likes this

#98 canon

canon

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

SR - My "results" are in on the effectiveness of this for my use as compared to Simpson oil, Tinctures, and a long list of others. My opinion is (drumroll)..................................... Absolutely AWESOME! smileyheart.gif Actually got the best FULL night's sleep after using this than I've had for months. It is working well on my Restless Leg Syndrome, Gout, Arthritis (simply amazing) and the discomforts of the vascular disease in the lower legs. Also works very well on back pains. It does seem to react slightly with my allergies but well within acceptable levels. That was topical use. As for eating,,, I may have done something a little too wrong(?). I ingested about a gram of this and was FUBARED big time. Waited a couple days and tried it again. Again I got blitzed. Going to try it again using the Simpson "grain of rice" idea and see if it works for the pains while still being able to function properly in public. I will say eating 1 gram (more / less) definitely kills pain! I felt nothing! Not my pains, teeth, lips tongue... nothing LOL This insight is soooo good,,, I had to pass it along. I posted a cut & paste along with a link to this site / tread for others on a closed site I frequent. Hope you don't mind the passing of good info along to others equally needful. Have materials for another batch. When the EVCO comes I'll make it up and pass it around at the RIPAC (MMJ card holding) meeting as free samples along with info on how to make for themselves. I simply can't express how much I appreciate this info you've shared here so freely. But thank you VERY much from my house to yours is the least I can offer. :toking:
  • Blue61 likes this

#99 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

SR -
My "results" are in on the effectiveness of this for my use as compared to Simpson oil, Tinctures, and a long list of others.
My opinion is (drumroll)..................................... Absolutely AWESOME! smileyheart.gif

Actually got the best FULL night's sleep after using this than I've had for months.
It is working well on my Restless Leg Syndrome, Gout, Arthritis (simply amazing) and the discomforts of the vascular disease in the lower legs. Also works very well on back pains.
It does seem to react slightly with my allergies but well within acceptable levels.
That was topical use.

As for eating,,, I may have done something a little too wrong(?). I ingested about a gram of this and was FUBARED big time. Waited a couple days and tried it again. Again I got blitzed. Going to try it again using the Simpson "grain of rice" idea and see if it works for the pains while still being able to function properly in public.
I will say eating 1 gram (more / less) definitely kills pain! I felt nothing! Not my pains, teeth, lips tongue... nothing LOL

This insight is soooo good,,, I had to pass it along. I posted a cut & paste along with a link to this site / tread for others on a closed site I frequent. Hope you don't mind the passing of good info along to others equally needful.
Have materials for another batch. When the EVCO comes I'll make it up and pass it around at the RIPAC (MMJ card holding) meeting as free samples along with info on how to make for themselves.

I simply can't express how much I appreciate this info you've shared here so freely. But thank you VERY much from my house to yours is the least I can offer. :toking:

:pns:
Sorry I don't think in grams. The dose I would recommend to a non-user/ light user to start is 1/4 teaspoon. It also depends on body size. What's OK for a large man would certainly be too much for a 120 lb woman and could put you to sleep. I do think that RSO could be stronger but what I observed under a microscope was a more efficient removal of the CBD's from the vegetation gathering them all with only 1 process. The coconut oil is also a factor and the rawest form is what you want, the stuff that still has natures goodness before processing them out. Many people have experienced an elevated state, not FUBAR spineysmilie.gif . You are the first person that has had the too high experience, most just feel happy, more aware and feels like you are walking just over the surface not on it. I LIKE it. Was this made from fresh or dried cannabis and make sure the temps stay below 150 degrees F. "juniper" has been treating his "petite" wife and he started her at 1/4 teaspoon.
This will work for you canon, once we nail down the reason for the FUBAR you will be successful ;) .
SR
  • Blue61 likes this

#100 canon

canon

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

Oh, it was not a bad find. Just not expected. Still using internal but a smaller dosage that seems to work just fine. Material used was 3 3/4 oz Dutch Passion's "Blueberry". All bud from a plant that went a little hermie on me when changing my grow. Also included about a 1/2 oz of super frosty chaff saved for ice hash (mostly india). All was well cured for puffins. Wanted it really dried so ran it in the oven 1 hr. before use. Let cool then into a large zip-lock and crushed it up about like coarse coffe grind. Into the oil for 18 hrs,, then used the blender (often) the end consistancy was much like speggetti past. total time about 50 - 52 hrs at 125 to 140F in slow cooker. The fall out (sedament) was like wet cement. Used 3 14 oz jars of virgin coconut oil (couldn't find the extra virgin - but have some now). Was able to draw off 1 1/2 jars from the top of dark green oil that turned out greenish brown when solidified. (That's what FUBARED me.) Added a inch of water to the sludge to try and float more oil from the material with another 1 1/2 days in the cooker. Well, didn't work out too well and will probably not do the water thing again. I'll just squeeze and save some material for compress'. The Blueberry mateial was super sticky but modest in frost.Used all, small bud stems,, seeds,, etc. Also noticing that the stuff from the water rinse is not near as stony as the drawn oil. I can eat the oil that's been through the water and it definately is much, much milder in the stoning dept. I did notice that the water had a lot of color taken from the oil. (Hmmmm..) I keep hearing the "goodness" of the plant is not water soluable. My experiences with different concoctions leads me to disagreement on that. Probably why "juicing" some say works? Really don't know. But realise that's one topic that can get argumentative rather quickly so I'll avoid getting into that area. LOL.
  • teddys head, Stoned Ranger and Blue61 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannabis, medical, medicine, cancer, disease, cure, melanoma, coconut oil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users