#51 GeneralSmokeUppington

GeneralSmokeUppington

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Made my first Im. blender pass a little bit ago. Went up to 160F for a few minutes hopefully it won't do too much damage ? I can always make it again ;)
  • plant boy, PoeticLife and Blue61 like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

Made my first Im. blender pass a little bit ago.
Went up to 160F for a few minutes hopefully it won't do too much damage ?

I can always make it again ;)

it'll be fine GSU..... we aim for 150 or so but a little above is just fine..... mush it up good & hope you get great meds from it... its my breakfast of champions!!
smhug.gif
  • plant boy, Blue61 and GeneralSmokeUppington like this

#53 GeneralSmokeUppington

GeneralSmokeUppington

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Cool... This is what I'm using to make it. A cross between Northern Light, which won the indica Cannabis Cup in 88, 89 and 90, and Big Bud (a best-seller throughout the 80s and 90s for its great yields), its small stature and resin-covered buds make it ideal for growing indoors. Highly valued for medicinal use, its an ideal tranquiliser owing to its high cannabinoid levels while its prodigious productivity makes it ideal for those with limited space. Its elevated CBD levels will leave you in a mildly sedated state. Can be used for all types of therapies. Bank Worldofseeds Genotype 100% indica THC 18% Indoor Harvest Time Not especified Flavour Incensed Way of cropping Ind/Out Production 500-600gr indoor / 1200gr outdoor Smell High Efect Medicinal Resistance to mold High Outdoor Harvest Time Not Specified Resistance to plagues High Sex Feminized Lineage northern light x big bud Irrigation tolerancy High Medicinal value Very high By luck it is a good strain for this purpose bigsmileythumbsup I smoke to keep my head straight, how much should I use to just get a slight buzz ? I know it's subjective but how much do you guys use and what is the effect you get ? I have a hard time regulating my buzz sometimes when I vape and I don't want to be dupid to start my new job on Monday lol

Edited by GeneralSmokeUppington, 12 September 2013 - 07:13 PM.

• plant boy and Blue61 like this

#54 GeneralSmokeUppington

GeneralSmokeUppington

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

Nvrmind My girl distracted me and I forgot to turn it off and fried it... over 220F GAAAAsmiley.gif My crock pot is a little too hot to leave on so I get it to about 150F and turn it off for a couple hrs then turn it back on for about a half hr.

#55 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

Medicine Maker/Healer/Derelect

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

Nvrmind
My girl distracted me and I forgot to turn it off and fried it... over 220F GAAAAsmiley.gif

My crock pot is a little too hot to leave on so I get it to about 150F and turn it off for a couple hrs then turn it back on for about a half hr.

I will still work but not as well and you could get ripped. Try a double boiler or under a heat lamp as long as the EVCO is warm and liquid. Just WARM on the crock pot will do. As long as the oil is warm and liquid you're a go.
  • plant boy, sandbreak, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#56 GeneralSmokeUppington

GeneralSmokeUppington

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

Thanks, I was thinking I could still use it for medibles that get ya stoned ;) The warm setting was how I went to 160F earlier. That's why I was doing the on off thing. I had it on high to get the temp up faster when I got distracted and forgot to turn it off :( Most of my, uhh, "patients", are recreational users. My one friend does concrete work for quite some time now and has back and knee issues so I thought I would give this a try and surprise him with it. Not sure atm if he would like not getting buzzed though :rolleyes: :P :rolleyes:
  • plant boy, PoeticLife and Blue61 like this

#57 GeneralSmokeUppington

GeneralSmokeUppington

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

I got a pint jar and about a 1/3 half pint jar of oil now. I filtered it through a 73 micron hash bag. Is that good or do I really need to put it through the 25 bag ? I don't plan on putting it in my eyes ;) BTW, in the jar it looks kinda brown. pouring from a spoon into the jar it's kinda green.

#58 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

am not sure on the "brown" look but if it was green in the jar I'd think its okay..... will let SR comment on this.

the smallest micron here is the 25 but i run it thru the 75 micron first, and this really was the only time i used the smaller micron sooooooo you'll still get good meds. let your friend try it out before doing any construction type work, even a tsp of it will still be hitting up to a few hrs later (at least for me it does) and wouldn't want him to get hurt!!! makes ya nice and loose and floaty imho

up da oil'ers!
  • plant boy, Blue61 and GeneralSmokeUppington like this

#59 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

I got a pint jar and about a 1/3 half pint jar of oil now.
I filtered it through a 73 micron hash bag. Is that good or do I really need to put it through the 25 bag ?
I don't plan on putting it in my eyes ;)

BTW, in the jar it looks kinda brown. pouring from a spoon into the jar it's kinda green.

You might wanna keep it kinda warm and let the solids fall to the bottom. That may helps clear it up a bit more.
You are OK with the 73 micron hash bag, I use a 100 micron bag filter and there's pictures in the other thread of what it looks like when I make it.
Get well
SR
  • plant boy, teddys head, PoeticLife and 3 others like this

#60 GeneralSmokeUppington

GeneralSmokeUppington

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

Thanks guys :D I managed to get a good pic that shows the true color of the oil. I also took a tsp full a hot minute ago to see if it helps me sleep ;) I'm starting to feel it already while the pics upload :D It wasn't too awful tasting, gave it a good swish around before swallowing to get that sub lingual action going too It almost looks burgundy colored from this angle Attached File  Oil.a.JPG   113.78KB   7 downloads Now you can see the green Attached File  Oil.b.JPG   95.95KB   9 downloads This is what I got total, minus a teaspoon ;) Attached File  Oil.c.JPG   95.24KB   8 downloads It seems that it's a tad too warm in the kitchen for it to solidify on the counter. Which is what I was actually hoping it would do as SR also suggested to settle out any remaining particulates. It's what I did when I made root balm last year as well. Only in the balm you can actually see the particulate matter in the bottom of the jar as the EVCO stays fairly white ;) The balm worked very well on my knee, which gives me an ache here and there. It does not return as often as it used to as well. Back to the topic ;) Feeling very nice now, very happy, happy feeling dancing.2gif I can see why you say everyone should have some on hand. Definitely gonna have to sacrifice a zip or two a month to the oil gods :salute: Might even not bother with my vape anymore headshakesmiley.gif I'll have to do a red eye test tomorrow as my eyes were already red when I tested this out. If I don't get red eyes I can use it for work as I don't feel discombobulated at all like when I vape or when I eat a cookie. MMmmmmm, cookie lol End chapter one. Thanks again shakehands.gif
  • plant boy, teddys head, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#61 GeneralSmokeUppington

GeneralSmokeUppington

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

The up feeling lasted for about 45 min, then I felt kinda weird. Went to bed shortly after that. Slept better than usual though ;) Starting out the day with a 1/4 tsp for the red eye test will try a 1/4 tsp about every 4 hrs and see how it goes. Seems to have a laxative effect though :(

Edited by GeneralSmokeUppington, 14 September 2013 - 10:49 AM.

• plant boy, teddys head and Blue61 like this

#62 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Thanks guys :D
I managed to get a good pic that shows the true color of the oil.

I also took a tsp full a hot minute ago to see if it helps me sleep ;)

I'm starting to feel it already while the pics upload :D

It wasn't too awful tasting, gave it a good swish around before swallowing to get that sub lingual action going too
It almost looks burgundy colored from this angle
Attached File  Oil.a.JPG   113.78KB   7 downloads

Now you can see the green
Attached File  Oil.b.JPG   95.95KB   9 downloads

This is what I got total, minus a teaspoon ;)
Attached File  Oil.c.JPG   95.24KB   8 downloads

It seems that it's a tad too warm in the kitchen for it to solidify on the counter.
Which is what I was actually hoping it would do as SR also suggested to settle out any remaining particulates.

It's what I did when I made root balm last year as well.
Only in the balm you can actually see the particulate matter in the bottom of the jar as the EVCO stays fairly white ;)

The balm worked very well on my knee, which gives me an ache here and there.
It does not return as often as it used to as well. Back to the topic ;)

Feeling very nice now, very happy, happy feeling dancing.2gif
I can see why you say everyone should have some on hand.

Definitely gonna have to sacrifice a zip or two a month to the oil gods :salute:
Might even not bother with my vape anymore headshakesmiley.gif
I'll have to do a red eye test tomorrow as my eyes were already red when I tested this out.
If I don't get red eyes I can use it for work as I don't feel discombobulated at all like when I vape or when I eat a cookie. MMmmmmm, cookie lol

End chapter one.

Thanks again shakehands.gif

The up feeling lasted for about 45 min, then I felt kinda weird.
Went to bed shortly after that.
Slept better than usual though ;)

Starting out the day with a 1/4 tsp for the red eye test will try a 1/4 tsp about every 4 hrs and see how it goes.
Seems to have a laxative effect though :(

I am really glad you got a good reaction to the NN. The brown color could be scorched material and you should be able to use it anyway. I dunno about the laxative effect. You would be the first to have this happen. Now that you have made a batch you will be able to complete the task and the experience will give you a better medicine.
SR

#63 GeneralSmokeUppington

GeneralSmokeUppington

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

I am really glad you got a good reaction to the NN. The brown color could be scorched material and you should be able to use it anyway. I dunno about the laxative effect. You would be the first to have this happen. Now that you have made a batch you will be able to complete the task and the experience will give you a better medicine.
SR

Now that I put it in the fridge it turned green with some brown liquid in the bottom.
I'm thinking I should probably get that out of the jar. Probably poking a butter knife down the side of the jar would work.

Not sure what you mean by "complete the task" ?
  • plant boy, teddys head and Blue61 like this

#64 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

You can use a turkey baster to suck that crap outta there. What kind of container, if it a wide mouth jar you can run hot water over it just a bit and slide the NN out and remove the brown stuff, then put it back in the jar? I'm toasted pretty good all of the time. Cannabis won't touch my pain, so I have to live on opiates. It makes me pretty stupid at times and I easily lose my chain of thought. Sometimes I make no sense. Good Luck SR

#65 GeneralSmokeUppington

GeneralSmokeUppington

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

Sorry to hear that you're in need of more than the Jolly Green can provide for you :(

Don't forget, we are all stupid at times. Sometimes without the cannabis.
Actually, I think more without cannabis than with ;)

I've also learned not to be too critical of info from a bunch of stoners :lol:
I find myself going, "Hey wait, what?" more times than I care to admit ;)
As well as walking into a room and wondering what the hell I went in there for headshakesmiley.gif shrugsmiley.gif headshakesmiley.gif

I'm starting the redeye test again today as I kinda forgot & kinda got overly stressed yesterday and was hanging onto my vape whip for dear life nailbiting.gif

So far after 1/4 tsp & an hour I do not look stoned but I do have a slight sensation of a buzz :D

Starting my new Just Over Broke tomorrow, part of the aforementioned stress.
I've always been blue collar, this is entry level white collar. I'm sure it's gonna make me stress.
I'm not a borg thinker, and don't wanna be :banghead:

So needless to say, I'm gonna be well oiled and vaped for a bit ;)
  • plant boy, teddys head, Stoned Ranger and 3 others like this

#66 tallulahgirl

tallulahgirl

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

Hi All, Using this method, what would be the recommended dosage/protocol for cancer? How does the NN compare to RSO? thank you!

#67 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

I used to make RSO and benefited from it. I was very concerned with the solvents used in the RSO method of extraction. The ingestion of even trace amounts of these solvents can cause liver damage and death with prolonged exposure. There is absolutely no chance of that with NN. The dosage would be dependent on the person's weight usually starting with anything from 1/2 - 1 Tsp, 3 times a day until the person's is able to deal with the effects. It will not bother a stoner and is only mildly euphoric. Using this method with fresh greenery, there is less of a psycho active element. The person ,may end up sleeping a lot but that is normal when you are taking full strength cannabis medicines. You can use NN both topically and it works very well when ingested, I don't believe you can use RSO topically. Hope this clears things up for you. SR
  • plant boy, PoeticLife, sandbreak and 3 others like this

#68 GeneralSmokeUppington

GeneralSmokeUppington

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

I'm currently taking 1/2 tsp 2X daily.
As SR stated, it is "mildly" euphoric and I can function doing any task I need to do.

I'm not sure how much research you have done.
The cannabis needs to have a good CBD content. CBD's vary from strain to strain so you may want to research the particular strain as well as how to make the oil.

Granny has a lot of info on strains ;)

:salute:
  • plant boy, PoeticLife, sandbreak and 2 others like this

#69 tallulahgirl

tallulahgirl

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

Thank you all for your response. Yes, RSO method seems a bit crude but it was the simplest method available to us and by a miracle it worked. I've done countless research on high CBD strains and the CB receptors. My 80 year father was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer in October, 2011. He decided to refuse the chemo and radiation regimen his doctors recommended and just live out what time the cancer allowed him. My husband heard about the RSO so we decided to make it. Having a lot of trust in me, my dad decided to try it and 6 months later he was diagnosed as NEC, no evidence of cancer and am still presently today. The psychoactive component however was hard on him, but bless him he stuck to it. Our story is posted somewhere in a forum here on GP dating back to 2011 =) Got a lot of support from the people here both informationally and emotionally. Thank you all again. Getting back to this topic, I specifically wanted dosage information using NN for cancer and any information regarding it's use for cancer including success rate if available. I am currently helping a friend with stage 4 breast cancer but the psychoactive effects and stomach irritation is preventing her from taking her dosage. The first protocol helped her to clear 2 golf ball sized tumors in her lungs. That was almost a year ago. New tumors are forming. She's on her second protocol. The NN's less psychoactive effects would be most welcomed if it has the same cancer killing effects like the RSO. Also, may I ask if anyone is experiencing irritating effects to the digestive system? Thanks again all and GP for all the life saving information!
  • plant boy, PoeticLife, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#70 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

Absolutely positive it shrinks tumors, and is very effective on skin melanomas in as little as 30 days. This is unbeatable as a pain killer. There's testimonials here on many different afflictions. There's just a teeny bit of psycho activity usually just making you feel good. I am able to reap all of the CBD's in one process, where as with RSO you have to do the process again to harvest more of the CBD's. NN is just not as concentrated as RSO so of course the dosages would be in the teaspoon size and larger. If I eat too much NN my stomach rebels against the oil consumed. As you know this is a relatively new process and some people can't bring themselves to keep me updated. Stomach cancer in Georgia, breast cancer in Arizona, male onset Lupus, breast cancer in San Jose. Does a great job on MS, Neuropathy, Arthritis, etc, etc. One person experienced bloating but she was allergic to grasses. Do not use this if you are allergic to grasses, Alfalfa and hay.
  • plant boy, sandbreak, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#71 juniper

juniper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Thank you all for your response. Yes, RSO method seems a bit crude but it was the simplest method available to us and by a miracle it worked. I've done countless research on high CBD strains and the CB receptors. My 80 year father was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer in October, 2011. He decided to refuse the chemo and radiation regimen his doctors recommended and just live out what time the cancer allowed him. My husband heard about the RSO so we decided to make it. Having a lot of trust in me, my dad decided to try it and 6 months later he was diagnosed as NEC, no evidence of cancer and am still presently today. The psychoactive component however was hard on him, but bless him he stuck to it. Our story is posted somewhere in a forum here on GP dating back to 2011 =) Got a lot of support from the people here both informationally and emotionally. Thank you all again. Getting back to this topic, I specifically wanted dosage information using NN for cancer and any information regarding it's use for cancer including success rate if available. I am currently helping a friend with stage 4 breast cancer but the psychoactive effects and stomach irritation is preventing her from taking her dosage. The first protocol helped her to clear 2 golf ball sized tumors in her lungs. That was almost a year ago. New tumors are forming. She's on her second protocol. The NN's less psychoactive effects would be most welcomed if it has the same cancer killing effects like the RSO. Also, may I ask if anyone is experiencing irritating effects to the digestive system? Thanks again all and GP for all the life saving information!

I would like to mention something my wife had been dealing with due to tumors in her breast, was elevated calcium levels, sometimes so high it caused vomiting, rapid weight loss, spaciness, constipation and she had to go into the hospital to flush out with saline and a medication known as pamidrinate (Spelling?). She had gone in almost once a month for more than a year.

About 8 months ago or so, i heard about a fulvic product ( known for its' detox and chelating abilities ) called WuJinSan. Since she has been taking this , I feel it has helped a lot to keep her calcium balanced and more. I would recommend considering to try it for others with similar symptoms.

She has been taking the No Nonsense Oil and applying topically with good results. Although, the first month i made the oil at 1/4 of the recommended strength. . . as of this past 7 days she has been using the proper strength that was outlined on page 1 of this thread and showing more marked improvements. She is only taking a little more than 1/4 of a teaspoon. She is petite and so that is something to consider regarding your friends dosage amount. She says sometimes she feels sleepy and a little bit of a " buzz " but i did use dried - cured material, where, it seems fresh is more recomended and might have more benefits and not as much of a buzz aspect to it. I would certainly recomend others with similar condition to try it.

She has not reported any irritating effects at all.

She is also taking Turmeric + fresh ground black pepper, CoQ10 , Selenium, Vit C, Vit E, all sourced from whole foods ( not the store ) and a few other things like Milk Thistle , etc

Would be happy to share any more that i can, if i had to do 3 of those things, would start with the fulvic mentioned above and No Nonsense Oil and Milk Thistle.

Best Regards,

juniper
  • plant boy, Stoned Ranger, PoeticLife and 3 others like this

#72 skintner

skintner

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in NE Washington mountains

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

I think I am going to look into this. I love reading success stories with cancer patients. sk
  • plant boy, PoeticLife, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#73 aenemic

aenemic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Thanks for an amazingly easy and understandable guide man! Your a hero! After some pondering on this I thought about this: Would this work with a sous vide cooking machine? heat the oil to 140-150, put in blender with bud, blend well, put in ziplock bag, sous vide for however long you want on perfect 150 temp, and then filter?
  • Stoned Ranger, Blue61 and GeneralSmokeUppington like this

#74 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4554 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Interesting question. I don't see why it wouldn't work.Not sure though. Peace, Blue
  • GeneralSmokeUppington likes this

#75 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Thanks for an amazingly easy and understandable guide man! Your a hero!

After some pondering on this I thought about this: Would this work with a sous vide cooking machine? heat the oil to 140-150, put in blender with bud, blend well, put in ziplock bag, sous vide for however long you want on perfect 150 temp, and then filter?

That would be a very effective way of making NN. We are not turning the THC A into THC at those temps making a much better medicine. IMO as long as the coconut oil is liquid and warm it is the right temperature. It's the stirring/blending that dissolves the cannabinoids so do that well and you should be good to go.
SR
  • teddys head, Blue61 and GeneralSmokeUppington like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannabis, medical, medicine, cancer, disease, cure, melanoma, coconut oil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users