8 replies to this topic

#1 Nubian420

Nubian420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:27 AM

Hi All,

I joined GP because my uncle has been diagnosed with liver cancer, so I recommended that the RSO as an alternative treatment! he has gone through a round of chymo and we were told that the tumors shrank a little!

We have some problems to create the oil:

-My uncle is in Sudan, where its impossible to find cannabis buds. Weed comes to the capital from remote areas of the country where buds, leafs and stems are dried, then brushed with honey, compressed and rolled into banana leafs taking the following shape as in the photo. We managed to get a pound of it!

Posted Image

I tried it before and it's more potent than any hydroponic buds I ever had, and I lived in Amsterdam for a while!

But a major problem is we have no idea what strain is it, as it comes from thousands of miles away. I believe most of the cannabis in Sudan is Sativa... So, securing Indica isn't an option :s

I know that sativa is mainly high in THC and low on CBD, and RSO is advised to be of Indica to have higher CBD and make the patient rest and sleep.

My question to the experts in GP, do you believe an oil from the above available material will have cancer healing properties or will it only be good for a good buzz and a mood lifter?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second problem: No cup warmers in Sudan or they couldn't locate it!

A family member pharmacist is making the oil after I passed him all the info needed, he contacted me after evaporating most of the solvent (ethanol 99.9%), he said that he doesn't have a cup warmer and needs to stop the process to check with other labs if he can borrow anything to do the job.

We agreed freezing the oil with the left over solvent is the best option until we find the right warmer.

He bought a hotplate! the exact one below

Posted Image
No temperature setting, just a dial as shown!

Question: what is the best temperature to do the final solvent purging, and could it be done on such a machine?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another point to mention:

We froze the buds and solvent before we start, then we crushed the herb and soaked it with the solvent in plastic gallon, then placed the gallon back in the freezer for 24hrs before filtering and boiling. This was following the same method a friend successfully used to heal from a colon cancer! but using Indica buds!!

Thank you all in advance and hope to receive a quick feedback as we are planning to purge tonight.

Edited by Nubian420, 21 July 2013 - 06:47 AM.

• Tokecrazy, plant boy and Blue61 like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Turf

Turf

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1983 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

very sorry to hear of your uncle's diagnosis.

the oil is easy to make and it sounds like you are almost done. since you have no choice but the material at hand, i see no reason not to use it. a hot plate will work fine for evaporating a solvent, low temperatures are best to avoid any fires.

reading this link :
http://skunkpharmresearch.com/
should give you all the technical instructions for finishing and refining your extract. pick your solvent and read the info.

your choice to use this method and the the cancer healing properties are your's and your uncle's decision. cannabis is not a panacea for all that ails you, but many stories of people that have found some relief with its use.

good luck!
  • Tokecrazy and Blue61 like this

#3 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

It appears to be a matter of making sure that there is enough, after which more doesn't improve the results. Both the low and high CBD strains have proven effective with our patients, but it is harder to get a patient up to a gram a day, without discombobulating them, when it is high in THC. Way easier when the THC and CBD levels are closer to balance. If your hot plate doesn't control well at low temperatures, you can improve the results by using a trivet under a pot of water, and setting the oil pot in that.

#4 Nubian420

Nubian420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

Thank you both for your kind advise.

#5 mal420xl

mal420xl

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

ive seen that before but i have to guess it makes it hard to smoke with the honey, how to they use it, do they eat it in sudan or some other way? i have read about treating it that way and making something like beer out of it.

Edited by mal420xl, 22 July 2013 - 06:42 AM.

#6 Nubian420

Nubian420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

ive seen that before but i have to guess it makes it hard to smoke with the honey, how to they use it, do they eat it in sudan or some other way? i have read about treating it that way and making something like beer out of it.

By the time it hits the market its bone dry! it's smoked just as normal buds, broken and rolled with a bit of tobacco.

They just finished the process and sent me these pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • mal420xl likes this

#7 mal420xl

mal420xl

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

interesting, i wonder if compressing it and coating it help it cure somehow. pics arent working for me but it could something with my connection.

#8 Nubian420

Nubian420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:11 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image