Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Marijuana and Creativity: Does Weed Turbocharge Outside The Box Thinking?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

by Monterey Bud
http://www.marijuana...e-box-thinking/

Posted Image

Rarely these days do you get a clearly delineated line in science – particularly when viewed through the lens of propaganda. The mouthpieces for the environmental rape machine – big business, would have us believe that the environment is fine. “No need to panic about global warming”… and this silly notion that “ocean levels are getting higher,” …it’s ridiculous. Despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary.

The argument surrounding marijuana’s net positive effect on creativity is no different. At least if you listen to the scientists who recite the cold hard data – but who’ve probably never smoked it.
In their limited and myopic study of 16 college kids, dosed with edibles containing approximately 0.3 mg of THC. Working under the assumption that amount was the average dosage of the psychoactive cannabinoids consumed during a given sitting. Dr. Jared R. Tinklenberg, from the Stanford University School of medicine concluded, “Marijuana did not enhance… Fluency, flexibility, elaboration, and uniqueness of creativity.”

Conversely… We have documented human history, which is rich with creative thinkers across a broad spectrum of disciplines, who say otherwise. That marijuana is indeed a Gateway… to creativity, insight, and acute pattern recognition, where life’s associative net truths become clear…an epiphany of interconnecting concepts.

From the beautiful mind that dared to roam the cosmos – Carl Sagan once famously spoke of marijuana’s ability to help mankind tap into

“the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”

Obviously, this was not a new concept at the time these words were uttered. But the simple fact that the likes of Mr. Sagan, Albert Einstein, William F Buckley, Louis Armstrong, Steve Jobs, Ted Turner, and a host of presidents throughout history have seen value in its contemplative value… Speaks volumes.

In this video, Jason Silva speaks about the beneficial nature of marijuana’s psychoactive cannabinoids, and their potential cause and effect within the realm of human creativity.

• plant boy, sandbreak, couchpotatoking and 3 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 couchpotatoking

couchpotatoking

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Locationso high i may never come down!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

I most certainly think so, but we are all different. My brain is like a double edged sword, i see all sides and outcomes of thoughts, ideas and scenarios...leads to over-thinking and indecisiveness,LOL.....Id never trade it for blindness tho. flyingsmiley.gif
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy, PoeticLife and 3 others like this

#3 Inee

Inee

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOn the edge.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

YES! Just look around right on this site and see the minds at work - its a beautiful sight!
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy, PoeticLife and 5 others like this

#4 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18355 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

thanks deb
  • Tokecrazy, PoeticLife, couchpotatoking and 3 others like this

#5 joeya

joeya

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1819 posts
  • LocationColorado!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

Great article, it supports what I already know and have experienced. Even back in high school I remember when I had trouble with geometry homework I would smoke a bone and get back to it with much greater clarity. Fortunately, geometry was first period, so I would have a good buzz going into class. I aced that class, after struggling with algebra 1, weed free, the year before. Since I learned of this effect, I was able to put it to very effective use in calculus. Now, as a seasoned RF engineer, I still make great use of this effect. Perhaps, if I were to actually look for a diagnosis, I could be called ADD, and perhaps this is why it works so well for me. I prefer to think of it as a mind expanding experience, it certainly allows me to think in unconventional directions and begin some unique approaches to problem solving. Thank you Deb!
  • Tokecrazy, PoeticLife, sandbreak and 4 others like this

#6 tre93543

tre93543

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

From my first hand experience, Marijuana definitely can open up our brain to think in different ways than it does normally. My son is a great example. He is Bi-Polar and has always performed poorly in school, mostly D's and F's. That was until he got off the pills that the Dr. was giving him, and started smoking marijuana daily. He suddenly had a great deal of clarity, could understand his work, and started getting A's and B's across the board. I have no doubt that some of what is going on is some degree of maturity, but this is too much of a coincidence to say that it is maturity alone. I also have Bi-Polar, and have noticed the same thing for myself, but not to the degree of what I see in my son. I am excited to see what studies are going to show now that Marijuana is becoming Legal, and more accepted. VIVA MARIJUANA
  • PoeticLife, couchpotatoking, Blue61 and 4 others like this

#7 BudGreen

BudGreen

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1182 posts
  • LocationHigh. In the foothills.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Great story tre. Posted Image
  • PoeticLife, couchpotatoking, DEBhasgrn and 2 others like this

#8 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

I got high, then I went out to water the garden!!! Everything was a beautiful green with some colorful poppies planted here and there, Vines needed guidance so to turn and clime the rock wall, Flowers in their ten gallon pots love it when I fluff them up , they look so nice and pretty, a work of art!!! My mind was so into what I was creating, I had visions of what it all will look like in a few weeks with my care.. You see were I was at, I was doing something that makes me feel good and I start to drift away to a peaceful colorful world!!!!!! It's easy to love something when I take a toke or two,, It is also easy to be proud of what I create,,.All done when I am high,,
  • sandbreak, couchpotatoking, joeya and 2 others like this

#9 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

I wonder how much of it is a "relax and think about things you might not focus on normally" effect... slowing down a bit and being a bit more contemplative and open to noticing things - and ideas - that might slide right past us in the normal course of a day - ??? (I don't know the answer to that; just thinking out loud.)

I have noticed that there are times when I can focus on certain kinds of ideas - for painting or drawing - that might not occur to me otherwise, but I think that has something to do with my having enough down time to actually notice them in the 1st place. But... I don't see that happening with writing (not that I'm trying to write a book or anything!) - ideas come more easily at certain times regardless of whether I'm medicated or not; if I don't get them down at those times, I forget about them.

But mostly I just get sleepy - probably has a lot to do with my tastes (indicas/indica-dom hybrids).
  • PoeticLife, couchpotatoking, DEBhasgrn and 2 others like this

#10 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

.... toking and opening my mind up.... daily, hourly :) joeya I think thats why i failed damn algebra lol, I wasn't toking yet!!! I think it opens up all options, directions of thought, but then a heavy indica kinda makes its own journey and it gets forgotten lol. I've written when stoned and not, I definitely notice I force more control over the stream of thought when not partaking of our plant, puff, puff, pass------>

bet those flowers looked extra pretty today debs :)

hugs all around!
  • couchpotatoking, DEBhasgrn, joeya and 1 other like this

#11 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

imo, indicas can give a nice lift (depending on the strain) and help with imagination as well. But I think this is a very individual thing.
  • PoeticLife, couchpotatoking and DEBhasgrn like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users