26 replies to this topic

#1 Turbo

Turbo

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

I would like to make my own hash using the ice extraction method.It's just for personal use.I dont want to have different quality hash,just one premium hash if you use lots of sieve bags ,you get 4-5 different samples.I would like just good hash.What size of bubble bags,have you done it yourself/ I'd appreciate your advice. All the best.
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy, PoeticLife and 3 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21516 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

220, 73, 25 micron bags are all you need really but some people use 5 bags... http://www.bubblefil...e-bag-hash.html
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#3 kendog000

kendog000

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1033 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

I agree with Kd, those 3 are all you need, and remember don't beat the snot out of the mix, short stir sessions gently will result in the best end result
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy, PoeticLife and 2 others like this

#4 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

you get the most out of the 2nd and 3rd runs
  • Tokecrazy, PoeticLife and Blue61 like this

#5 Turbo

Turbo

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

Thanks for that guys.I've read you can get approx 10% hash from trim using the bubble bags.Would i get more hash. using buds and also doing a 2nd and 3rd run? One of the reasons Im growing is to be self sufficient and not have to buy off a dealer.I always prefered hash above grass but so far havent grown enough to sacrifice the grass to make hash but I got some kief from the bottom of last grows jar,i made a wee bit of hash from it.WOW! what a stoned I got off it,it felt,this is going to sound silly,a really clean and clear stoned,the best I've ever had,thats why i want to make my own hash. Take it easy and thanks for your help.
  • plant boy, PoeticLife and Blue61 like this

#6 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21516 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

A second run is usually a good idea, that should get anything the first run missed.
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy, PoeticLife and 2 others like this

#7 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

first run doesn't knock off a lot of the tricoms,,,,but like KD said the 2nd does
  • Tokecrazy, HD96 and Blue61 like this

#8 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

best of luck Turbo and let us know how it goes when you do it!!!

gotta love the hash :)
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy and Blue61 like this

#9 mal420xl

mal420xl

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

id like to see how that turns out myself.
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy, HD96 and 1 other like this

#10 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

if you only want 1 grade of hash just use the blue bag for the product and the purple one to catch the hash,,,,,if you are going to use buds you will need to run it more as the tricoms won't come off very easily
  • Tokecrazy, HD96 and Blue61 like this

#11 Turbo

Turbo

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hi guys ,got my bubble bags today,didnt look too sturdy ,have to mix carefully.I have reserached this topic and come to the concludition ,like growing weed for the first few times,you just go with your gut reaction. Feck it too stoned to think bout it.Will keep you posted.put 10g of Critical trim into freezer for first attempt at making my own hash,how cool is that. Take it easy.
  • plant boy and HD96 like this

#12 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

there won't be much there as trim has less tris than buds,,,,how big of bags? 1 gallon or 5 gallon,,,,i have the 5 gallon bags and do the mixing with a electric drill and paint mixer
  • PoeticLife likes this

#13 Turbo

Turbo

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

Attached File  101_6518.JPG   91.25KB   4 downloadsSorry they are 1 gallon bags,I spent today a couple of hours going round all the pound shops looking for a 1 gallon bucket,goe a big plastic jug,well 2 of them.Got them home and tried the work bag in the jug to see what the fit was like.I'm not overly impressed with the quality of the bags and was trying to figure the best way to mix the ice,water and trim that would go easy on the bags.All the research I've done the mixing is done in the work bag thtas why i was concerned about my mixing ripping the bag or something. Then i realised,you dont have to do the mixing in the work bag.you can do it in a bigger vessel and pour the mix into the work bag which will be inside my plastic jug. I'm mixing my mash with a cake mixer,I havent the strenght to hold the mixer for long period of time so i rigged up the Turbomatic,see above The bags.Attached File  101_6521.JPG   106.3KB   8 downloads The quality Attached File  101_6522.JPG   94.46KB   5 downloads They cost £35 from Ebay. the reason i rigged up the Turbomatic was to make the process as easy as possible.I know some might say that its too aggressive to mix like that but thats the best i can do. I'm knackered tonite so I'll do a run tomorrow.
  • plant boy and PoeticLife like this

#14 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:13 AM

it's not the bag that wears out it is the screen @ the bottom of the blue bag, good luck on the run

#15 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationGreat Lakes Region

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

I started out doing ice extract, but I found it to be to messy for my liking. That's why I do dry ice now, it's fast, quick & easy. Only 1 bag, 1 bucket & a mirror to shake over. The best part is you can smoke it right away, no need to let it dry out or anything like that. I save up all my trim in the freezer until I get a good amount (about every 3 months, quarterly) then its a shake party.

#16 HD96

HD96

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

:I agree: Works great..

#17 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

I'll live vicariously thru watch all of ya's make hash.... show pics of what you end up getting out of it all. Looks like alot of work to me!

brip!
  • plant boy likes this

#18 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

yes poet it's a 3 or 4 day job depending on how many times you run it
  • Zoot likes this

#19 HD96

HD96

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

Poet the dry ice hash is e-z.only takes a few minutes and your ready to fire it up!
  • plant boy and Zoot like this

#20 Turbo

Turbo

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

Guys been busy with 2 clones.I tried the bubble bags but was embarrassed by the results.from 10 grams of trim i got 0.42 grams of sort of hash,I'm doing something wrong but the clones are near ready to harvest and i want to concentrate on them.Give me a few weeks and I'll try the bubble bags again. The clones

Attached Files

• plant boy, Zoot and Blue61 like this

#21 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

you have to run the trim thru the bags more than 1 time,,,,2nd and 3 time is where most of it comes off the plant parts
  • Zoot likes this

#22 Turbo

Turbo

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

Guys I'm annoyed and a bit emberassed. I tried my best rather than start at night i started bout 1 pm.i used 10.66 grms of trim and 2.19 for bud,12.85 grms in total.I followed the instructions.used the hand mixer on the combination,mix and ice, for 15 mins,longest 15 mins evar,let it sit for 30 mins Did the bag thing Scrapped the residue on to the drying screen Let it dry,packed in cylophene , Kitchen roll,wet and in oven for 10-15 mins carefully unwrapped it 0.16 grms,bastards,I'd researched 10% return not feckn 1% i had a cake tonite with 0,06 grms,was good but not great, Did i stuff up somewhere,the bubble bags i got off Ebay.Any feed back welcomed, take it easy.

Attached Files

• plant boy, Zoot and Scooby like this

#23 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

you need to run that at least 2 more times to get all the hash out,,,,first run only lossens it
  • Zoot likes this

#24 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationGreat Lakes Region

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

I know how your feeling Turbo, that's why I went the dry ice route. Soooo much easier, cleaner & a shit ton more keif for your efforts. I only use my 120 micron bubble bag for it, great stuff.
  • plant boy likes this

#25 Turbo

Turbo

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

Thats with 3 runs Plant Boy,u reckon I should have gone a few times more?I had a cake using about 1/3 of hash,good but not great. Hi Zoot,the smallest amout of dry ice cost about $45 where i'm from,I'd give a whirl if it was so dear.
  • plant boy and Zoot like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users