4 replies to this topic

#1 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

Alright, this one is driving me nuts. I'm just starting to learn about genetics and how crossing works... I've been looking at some of my favorite strains, and there is one that is driving me nuts. What's the difference between Soma's Lavender and the Rock Bud? The have the same genetic lines, same description on all the websites... is there a difference or is it just a name tweak?
  • plant boy, HD96 and Bong like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2258 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

hey power bomb GPwelcome.gif stop by here https://www.greenpas...oduce-yourself/ and say high to they gang. there could be massive difference between the two strains even with the same genetics in my opinion, different phenotypes and parent plants along with the selection of traits the breeder was looking for. but i myself have never tried those strains, i'm sure peeps will be along shortly :D and welcome again laserGP.gif is a wonderful place to be :bong: bonghead

Edited by bonghead, 05 July 2013 - 05:40 AM.

• Tokecrazy, plant boy, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#3 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18512 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

glad someone got something from soma that actually grew
  • Tokecrazy, sandbreak, painretreat and 1 other like this

#4 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21658 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

Genetics can be pretty interesting but in your case it comes down to dominant and recessive traits. You can start with the same basic genetics and breed in different directions, this is how we got both chihuaha's and great danes from the same besic genetics. Here's a basicc article on genetics. http://en.wikipedia....ian_inheritance
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy, sandbreak and 1 other like this

#5 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

I'm really interested, because I have actually had a bag of the Lavender, and it was hands down, the best smoke of my life. That shit stopped a migrane in it's tracks after two good rips.
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy and painretreat like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users