2 replies to this topic

#1 MJNJuice

MJNJuice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Hello,

This weekend I will be making an emergency batch of R.S.O. Rick Simpson Oil and I could use a bit of advise.

I plan to make this oil from 1LB of HIGH grade Cannabis, all top notch buds/flowers.

The strain I will be using is rightfully named CHEMO! Im not sure of the THC:CBD levels of this strain, I just know it is a nearly pure indica, great for pain relief and does have at least over 1% CBD.

I plan to make the oil with 99% ISO (best I can get my hands on) in a rice cooker. I have done this extraction method a couple of times with decent results. In past experiments I used decent shake provided by a local gardener. The results were o.k. , but have definitely left me with a few questions.

Mostly regarding rinse times and filter/micron size . Any and all advise and or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Questions:

1) What is the best micron size to filter cannabis/solvent through?

I have 220, 175, 100, 75 and 25 micron bags, also good ol' coffee filters.

I was thinking the first was through 75 maybe 100 micron? Then 25 micron for final.

2) How many washes? 2 or 3?

3) How long for each wash? Minimum and maximum time?

Thanks in advance!

• painretreat likes this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

MJN juice: This may answer some of your quetions; Sorry, i don't have the time for a better one. Maybe, someone else will. :https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php?/topic/28012-prostate-cancer/page__pid__501640__st__150#entry501640

#3 Genesis 1:29

Genesis 1:29

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

we use cone filters made to filter hot grease. I am afraid if you used your screens it would allow some plant matter through and that would cause you problems so I would suggest using the coffee filters... Sean
  • painretreat likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users