12 replies to this topic

#1 mal420xl

mal420xl

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

this grow just finished up. if i had known about you guys i would have started it here but better late then never i guess. had some issues at the start but thats the way it goes sometimes. was a longtime guerilla farmer years ago and did some indoor with fluoros. found some tasty(but pricey and worth every penny so far) leds. even with all the issues this grow had, the buds it produced are pretty nice. dense, sticky and stinky. wish i could say the yield was better but having gotten any buds at all is cool since it really was just an experiment of sorts. didnt top, supercrop, lst etc. just letem go au natural. only gave them water and calmag the entire time with the exception of one shot of grow big and tiger bloom a week after i started them flowering. didnt want to link it but its a lot to try to drag over. http://boards.cannab...l-led-grow.html
  • Bueller, plant boy, sandbreak and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 panamapam

panamapam

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

welcome to gp mal interested in your grow i grow using led as well. new to me indoors and led. how do you like growing with led?
  • plant boy, painretreat, mal420xl and 1 other like this

#3 mal420xl

mal420xl

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

welcome to gp mal interested in your grow i grow using led as well. new to me indoors and led. how do you like growing with led?

thanks! i gotta say i like it....a lot. i had all kinds of water/ph issues and with all of that my lights still made those plants churn out some nice buds.
i just started an rdwc that ill start a log for later but im really lookin forward to seeing that come out. hydro is new for me so im sure therell be problems
to figure out. but it wont be light at least.
this one was one of the plants in that grow
Attached File  DSC_0082a.jpg   317.79KB   6 downloads

top up close
Attached File  DSC_0081ta.jpg   108.02KB   5 downloads
  • plant boy, sandbreak, painretreat and 1 other like this

#4 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18518 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

welcome to the family from an old dirt farmer in the great white north
  • painretreat, mal420xl and Deepwaterdude like this

#5 mal420xl

mal420xl

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

welcome to the family from an old dirt farmer in the great white north

thanks plant boy! dunno if i will ever totally give up my dirty girls but we'll see.

Edited by mal420xl, 11 June 2013 - 09:01 AM.

• plant boy, painretreat and Deepwaterdude like this

#6 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

Mal, thank you for bringing the thread here, nice read and mighty glad to be able to finish the read. Did you get too many seeds? or just enough? Read your comment of the "range" of the LED's? Exactly what did you have and what was the range? Were the plants with the 'premature' amber colors, the ones that hermied? Do you think, that is why? too close to the lights? What are you thoughts on DWC? with LED's? I believe that is what Weezard uses. I can't remember but, I recall him writing, 'some strains, don;t do too well, with LED.' ? Bio-Assay...??? I bet you got a great sativa knock-0out med! Thank You for this thread. Enjoyed! :Good One: I really enjoyed the grow log. Particularly, the problems and how you corrected and moved on! pr
  • plant boy, mal420xl and Deepwaterdude like this

#7 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18518 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

your welcome ,,,us growers got to stick together
  • painretreat and mal420xl like this

#8 mal420xl

mal420xl

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Mal, thank you for bringing the thread here, nice read and mighty glad to be able to finish the read.

Did you get too many seeds? or just enough?

Read your comment of the "range" of the LED's? Exactly what did you have and what was the range?

Were the plants with the 'premature' amber colors, the ones that hermied? Do you think, that is why? too close to the lights?

What are you thoughts on DWC? with LED's? I believe that is what Weezard uses. I can't remember but, I recall him writing, 'some strains, don;t do too well, with LED.' ?

Bio-Assay...??? I bet you got a great sativa knock-0out med!

Thank You for this thread. Enjoyed! :Good One: I really enjoyed the grow log. Particularly, the problems and how you corrected and moved on! pr

hey pr, no worries. my next one will behere so you can get an idea from that since its led and rdwc.

so. seeds? well one was too many. i was considering using some for a grow but i am having second thoughts as i dont want to perpetuate a hermie gene.
i have a feeling the plants from those seeds are going to go hermie due to its genetics. i dont really know how many yet since its all still curing.
may find some in the popcorn buds im saving to make hash.

my lights are both blackdog. i have a bd360 and bd700. they are both 7 band spectrum with 5 watt single chip diodes. not sure of the exact specs on the color ranges
other than reds, blues, orange, couple green and one of the uvs mj uses.
the reason the plants hermied was from ph issues that 2 of them never fully recovered from. the plant that matured the fastest was the healthiest.
the only thing i can attribute the light is the crazy amount trich formation and some of the fastest growth ive seen on any indoor grow ive ever had.
led burn is weird it doesnt happen right at the top but a few nodes lower and i dont even know what damage, other than bleaching, it does.

i think leds and any sort of hydro=nirvana....so far anyway. it will be a cool grow to see for me. once i figured how wet/dry it need to keep it the plants really seem to dig it.
im ready to top the three plants already and theyre only a week and half old, maybe just 2. i wouldnt want to argue with weez but im dubious about some
strains doing better than others under leds. i will however qualify that with, leds using more than the old nasa standard of triband spectrums.
3 color leds it wouldnt surprise me or low power or really cheap leds. i think my lights will grow just about any strain.
im gonna do my best to find out anyway :animbong:
as for bio, well other than a little bit of scissor hash, i havent tried any of it. im kind of a stickler for "no bud will be hooted before its time"
thats not til august at the earliest. i do have some little buds like i said and trim im gonna make into hash as soon as its dry enough.
im hopin by tomorrow or friday....my stash is runnin low as it is.
i can say it stinks but in a "holy crap thats gonna be good" way. i let my gf take a whiff of a jar and her eyes started watering.
right now its got a funky industrial solvent/citrus thing goin on. the plant i jarred up first still has that smell sort of but has changed to a more
mellow skunky/fruit odor. the little trim hashball i got tasted like......classic hash flavor i guess. the little buzz i got was very sativa like.
but i think in quantity its gonna be brutal.....and im psyched.

glad you liked it. it was fun even when it was frustrating. ill get my current one up soon.
  • plant boy, PoeticLife, painretreat and 1 other like this

#9 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

thanks for your discussion, I enjoy that and learning, always learning. If it smells fruity, it is probably a sativa dom and sounds like you love it, already. Well, gotta go pick up some JH and WW, I've been waiting for this, awhile! If I don't notice your next log, right away, please send me a PM, so I can tag along from the start! guitar.gif pr
  • plant boy, mal420xl and Deepwaterdude like this

#10 mal420xl

mal420xl

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

will do pr it will be going up pretty soon. tried to make a little hash out of some of the trim and scraggy buds. didnt work well as it was still a little too wet. so i made some bho instead. only made a thimblefull so far. probably have enough to make 5 or 6 more if i blow off making hash...and after the glob i just hooted thats most likely gonna be the case. holy crap im lit. need to go find a more comfortable chair or take the dogs for a walk. not sure which......awesome
  • plant boy, painretreat and Deepwaterdude like this

#11 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

ROTFLMAO; I just finished a pre-rolled Obam, its about the first thing, that has lit me up, in awhile! This Obama stuff; Sounds like you got the desired results, and no wait too long for a cure! pr
  • plant boy and Deepwaterdude like this

#12 CoNtRoVeRsIaL

CoNtRoVeRsIaL

I'm Just a CFL kinda Guy

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1271 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

good job man

I grew a reggie bagseed out , beside 2 tga vortex  and I bee damn if it wasn't denser,louder,and frostier then the damn vortex!1 and bigger

• xxPeacePipexx and Deepwaterdude like this

#13 Deepwaterdude

Deepwaterdude

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationIn the midst of it

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:53 PM

Hey, Mal420xl, those lights really did your girls justice! I've grown, and still veg, with  3w diode Hydrogro LED and have done one dwc grow to date. I find they keep the plants super healthy and keep the heat issues down a max. You can almost go with a plant, the light and a fan in your grobox or whatever, even with passive intake, and that's enough. You've got to make CalMag, and maybe temp adjustments as in my case, but other than the learning curve they're really plug and play, the LEDs. I just don't have a big enough one to cover my flowering space, so I go 600w. It looks like yours were under 1kw, great job!

• Bueller and KnuckleDragger like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users