#1 BikerPepe

BikerPepe

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationN.E. WA.

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

Not sure if this is ok to do or not. I'm kinda thinking NOT, because I don't see any previous similar requests... but I'm a little desperate and figure I've got to get a reliable referral somewhere. If I'm crossing the line... Moderators/Admins, please feel free to delete this thread and accept my humble apology. If this is ok... then it's on with the post! So, I've been using CBR in Spokane for the last 5 yrs. or more. I called today to set an appointment and to my great surprise, find that they appear to have closed their doors... with no warning to active patients (FYI, don't freak if your recently authorized, they say they are still doing verifications). My current authorization expires on the 12th of this month and my regular Dr. (who's cool with MedMJ) has told me he's not comfortable signing authorizations due to some personal, family drug abuse problems he's had in the past. I have a call in to his staff today to see if he's still feeling shy about it. This leaves me with very little time to get my act together, or I may find myself without active authorized protection for the first time, since I started down this road so many years ago. So... I'm looking for other Eastern Washington patients who can give me a solid referral to their authorizing clinic. We all know it's been a rather messy field to play in... with clinics smack talking each other and so on, so I'm looking for a recommendation to a solid clinic. My issues are obvious and undeniable, so I'm not at all concerned about my ability to qualify anywhere... but rather, who to go through that will be professional and available, should the dreaded day ever come that I actually need their backing in court. THCF and CannaCare (or whatever they are calling themselves now) are not ones I'm interested in. Heard to much crap in the past. No need to argue or dissent... just would rather avoid anyone with a questionable history. Thanks in Advance. Off to go play in the garden... while I can still have one.
  • Tokecrazy likes this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Gangi

Gangi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

Pepe, you don't know me here but you do know me from CC as the Admin, but anyway if you are on facebook you might want to check with this person and see if they can help you out.
Spokanes BestMedicine

If you are on facebook, pm me here and we can hook up there.

Edited by Gangi, 03 June 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#3 BikerPepe

BikerPepe

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationN.E. WA.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:19 AM

Hey Ganji, I appreciate the attempted assist... but unfortunately, due to too many contacts... many whom I'd rather avoid, I don't facespacetwitterbook anymore. been years now. Becouse of that... I can't see your referral. :(
I'd venture a guess who you are... but having been around CC for as long as I had been, I knew just about everybody at one point or another.

Got a very nice PM (won't say who, what's the point of PM's that way?) with a nice referral... but apparently they missed my desire to steer clear of THCF or Sentry/CC.

#4 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

Medicine Maker/Healer/Derelect

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:08 AM

Not sure if this is ok to do or not. I'm kinda thinking NOT, because I don't see any previous similar requests... but I'm a little desperate and figure I've got to get a reliable referral somewhere. If I'm crossing the line... Moderators/Admins, please feel free to delete this thread and accept my humble apology. If this is ok... then it's on with the post!

So, I've been using CBR in Spokane for the last 5 yrs. or more. I called today to set an appointment and to my great surprise, find that they appear to have closed their doors... with no warning to active patients (FYI, don't freak if your recently authorized, they say they are still doing verifications).
My current authorization expires on the 12th of this month and my regular Dr. (who's cool with MedMJ) has told me he's not comfortable signing authorizations due to some personal, family drug abuse problems he's had in the past. I have a call in to his staff today to see if he's still feeling shy about it.

This leaves me with very little time to get my act together, or I may find myself without active authorized protection for the first time, since I started down this road so many years ago.

So... I'm looking for other Eastern Washington patients who can give me a solid referral to their authorizing clinic.
We all know it's been a rather messy field to play in... with clinics smack talking each other and so on, so I'm looking for a recommendation to a solid clinic. My issues are obvious and undeniable, so I'm not at all concerned about my ability to qualify anywhere... but rather, who to go through that will be professional and available, should the dreaded day ever come that I actually need their backing in court.

THCF and CannaCare (or whatever they are calling themselves now) are not ones I'm interested in. Heard to much crap in the past.
No need to argue or dissent... just would rather avoid anyone with a questionable history.

Thanks in Advance. Off to go play in the garden... while I can still have one.

Begin to grow your own, we are legal here in Washington now and it looks like a bunch of states are lining up to do the same thing. All the doctor would have had to do is give you a recommendation that you would keep in your possession. My wife got a recommendation from her PA. ANY health care professional including chiros and acupuncturist can issue a hand written recommendation.

Edited by Stoned Ranger, 07 June 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#5 BikerPepe

BikerPepe

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationN.E. WA.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:52 AM

Begin to grow your own, we are legal here in Washington now and it looks like a bunch of states are lining up to do the same thing. All the doctor would have had to do is give you a recommendation that you would keep in your possession. My wife got a recommendation from her PA. ANY health care professional including chiros and acupuncturist can issue a hand written recommendation.

Hysterical You know... for whatever reason, I get the feeling you're not really paying attention. ;)

Just razzin' ya SR. I appreciate the advice, I've given it myself.
Been growing since I got an authorization. Grew up watching my Dad grow, been providing for myself & my fiancee for over 5 yrs. Been to pickets, rallies, hearings, etc. Advised an MS doctor on all the finer legal points so he could authorize for his own patients... but this is the first time I've been this close to having a lapse between my authorizations. That's kinda the point... I don't want my garden to be unauthorized, not even for a single minute.

On the GREAT side, my Dr. office called me back today and left a msg. Told me I need to make an appointment to see the Dr. Also said he does sign authorizations. Apparently he's gotten a bit more relaxed about it, since last yr. but I can't confirm that yet. I-502, I suppose.
So I'll be making an appointment to see him very soon. He already knows I've been authorized since before I moved here and became his patient and he's already dealt with SSDI on my behalf. Coincidental, I'm currently recovering from a surgery just last month and I'll be saddled with this damn wound vacuum for another 2 wks, at least. Everything sounds to be lining up and I'd far prefer to have my regular physician sign my authorization, than any clinic or even a more recently approved hcp.

Wish me luck! :pns:

Thanks for the tip Ganji! If my regular Dr. doesn't work out, I'll be dialing that number next! :fly:

Edited by BikerPepe, 07 June 2013 - 05:00 AM.

#6 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

Medicine Maker/Healer/Derelect

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

Hysterical You know... for whatever reason, I get the feeling you're not really paying attention. ;)

Just razzin' ya SR. I appreciate the advice, I've given it myself.
Been growing since I got an authorization. Grew up watching my Dad grow, been providing for myself & my fiancee for over 5 yrs. Been to pickets, rallies, hearings, etc. Advised an MS doctor on all the finer legal points so he could authorize for his own patients... but this is the first time I've been this close to having a lapse between my authorizations. That's kinda the point... I don't want my garden to be unauthorized, not even for a single minute.

On the GREAT side, my Dr. office called me back today and left a msg. Told me I need to make an appointment to see the Dr. Also said he does sign authorizations. Apparently he's gotten a bit more relaxed about it, since last yr. but I can't confirm that yet. I-502, I suppose.
So I'll be making an appointment to see him very soon. He already knows I've been authorized since before I moved here and became his patient and he's already dealt with SSDI on my behalf. Coincidental, I'm currently recovering from a surgery just last month and I'll be saddled with this damn wound vacuum for another 2 wks, at least. Everything sounds to be lining up and I'd far prefer to have my regular physician sign my authorization, than any clinic or even a more recently approved hcp.

Wish me luck! :pns:

Thanks for the tip Ganji! If my regular Dr. doesn't work out, I'll be dialing that number next! :fly:

OK Pepe, glad you are getting what you want. Cannabis is LEGAL in Washington. You don't need permission. Are you on the east side of the state/

#7 BikerPepe

BikerPepe

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationN.E. WA.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

I don't want to come off as argumentative... but I also don't want to be spreading mis-information that could get someone in trouble. Doesn't matter if Cannabis is legal in WA or not. Growing cannabis is still NOT legal for anyone but those authorized under RCW69.51.A or those who will be (none yet) licensed by WSLCB. So technically... you DO NEED PERMISSION to GROW. We've got a little flex right now... while WA is still getting it's act together, but I suspect that once we have WA stores providing for rec. needs, they'll start going after anyone and everyone they can for growing. Govt. hates competition and anyone else growing will probably be nabbed for tax evasion. I honestly expect they'll be looking to close down the growing end of the medical side, eventually. Thanks though and yes, I'm way over on the N.E. corner.

Edited by BikerPepe, 07 June 2013 - 03:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users