Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo
- - - - -

first time successfully making hemp oil!

rick simpson hemp oil hemp oil first time thc everclear

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CesIsAmazing

CesIsAmazing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:24 AM

Hello All!!!
i'm new to posting on the site; however, i have been reading forums on making hemp oil for almost a year =)
i first tired to make hemp oil from 1/4 of an oz due to money restrictions and unfortunately, was not successful (what a dissapointment). About 9 months later i purchased an oz of a strain called Queso that had a lot of wonderful crystals all over. (from a dealer-- i know i hope to start my own grow soon)
purchased Everclear 95% proof
grinded it all up in a food processor and went for it!
at the end of it all i got about 4 grams of oil =) i thought i was going to get about 2 if that! so needless to say i'm very happy!
however, looking at the bud that was left behind i still see crystals (thc) on the leaves =/
should i reuse it? is that normal to see some THC left behind?
I dont want to feel like i left some behind when I coul dhave probably soaked it longer ( i had it in there for about 8 minutes while it filtered through the coffee filter into the bottle.

i hope i didnt miss out on anything
thanks for reading and responding!
have a great day! iconchef.gif
  • Tokecrazy, Blue61 and painretreat like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Papaw49

Papaw49

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5641 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

I soak for 20 minutes minimum for my oil. You should resoak that in a jar for at least 20 min and get some more out of it i just reran the material that had been thru the 20 min saok and pressed semidry and put in sealed jar. I examined the material after the 20 min soak under a microscope and could see trich heads left behind after the 20 min. i let it soak for 24hrs and recovered a good amount. So i would think 8 min might have left some behind and i would suggest a rerun. :laughleaf:

Edited by Papaw49, 08 May 2013 - 04:06 AM.

• Tokecrazy and Blue61 like this

#3 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Without re-reading and hunting for a bunch of things....Isn't it more productive to 'freeze' the alcohol first and then do a "quick" freeze with it, again, with the bud in it? http://boards.cannab...impson-oil.html There is plenty of discussion of making the oil, in this thread...hope this, also helps! smhug.gif pr

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rick simpson hemp oil, hemp oil, first time, thc, everclear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users