9 replies to this topic

#1 grampa tom

grampa tom

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

i put clones in the ground about 3 weeks ago. when i checked them yesterday i found they were going into bud. they are about 8 inches tall.. i dont know what to do about it.. would someone please tell me what to do.they are planted in full sun.... grampa tom

Edited by grampa tom, 30 April 2013 - 11:20 PM.

• Tokecrazy, plant boy and Blue61 like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy

Hydro Guru

• Super Administrators
  • 6448 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

Hey Grampa tom, ok that's a little weir them going into flowering like that. Are you sure they are not AUTO flowering strain? Holler back and let me know. Peace
  • grampa tom, plant boy and Blue61 like this

#3 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18512 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

still a little short on daylight outside so they thought it is fall not spring , had it happen up here last year,,,,had to flower those out as they didn't reveg,,,,just started over with new clones later in the year
  • Tokecrazy and Blue61 like this

#4 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

How many hours of sun light are you getting each day? Even 14 hours and not 12 can send some into flower. Peace, Blue
  • Tokecrazy and plant boy like this

#5 grampa tom

grampa tom

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

Hey Grampa tom, ok that's a little weir them going into flowering like that. Are you sure they are not AUTO flowering strain? Holler back and let me know. Peace

the strain ive planted is a cross between tangerine dream and sour diesel, and critical mass and sweet god
  • plant boy and Blue61 like this

#6 grampa tom

grampa tom

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

I spoke to the people that i got the clones from this morning, they told me the clones were under 24 hr a day light and that they think the plant went into bud because of the shorter daylight hrs. they also told me that they will go back into veg in a couple of weeks.. i told them that if i had known that before i would not have bought them

How many hours of sun light are you getting each day? Even 14 hours and not 12 can send some into flower.
Peace,
Blue

Blue, i dont know how many hours they get per day. all i can tell you is that the sun comes up sometime around 6 in the morning and it doesnt go down until after 8 or so at night

should i pull them and start over with something else

#7 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

It sounds like they are only getting about 14 hours of light right now. I would let them go and has the day light hours increase they should go back to veg. Peace, Blue
  • PoeticLife likes this

#8 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21658 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

You've discovered one of the little foibles of our favorite weed. When I'm doing an outdoor grow I plant seeds when the 6 inch soil temp reaches 65 degrees or cheat a bit and plant when the corn farmers do but as you've found out clones are a little trickier. Hemp is light dependent in flowering, when you plant seed it will grow to a certain maturity then if the dark cycle is long enough (12 hours or more) the plant will begin flowering. With clones it changes a bit since the clones were taken from a mature plant. Usually I would transplant sometime in the first two weeks of June which since the longest day of the year is June 21st the plant has a chance to root in before the nights hours get long enough to start flowering. In any kind of growing outdoors timing is everything.
  • plant boy and PoeticLife like this

#9 grampa tom

grampa tom

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

thank you all

#10 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18512 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

not a problem,,,,you'll just have weird looking plants for awhile or they will continue to flower
  • Blue61 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users