5 replies to this topic

#1 WOD420

WOD420

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Another question and again thanks ahead for all the help. I am going to need to go traditional and not with a SOG grow this time and I was wondering 2 things. Is it ok to veg 3 plants in a 5 gallon bucket and if I can how do you get the roots apart to put each plant in a single bucket for flowering? Thanks again.
  • Tokecrazy and Bong like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 capecarded

capecarded

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

I'm no pro, and will be the first to tell you that, but I am also trying similar things. I was going to try to put 4 plants into 4" pots and be able to fit them in 1 square 4gal bucket. I've done this with other plants and just removed the plants and adjusted the roots apart from each other. I don't think you'd be able to veg for a very long time before it would be impossible to separate them though. These root systems are impressive. Best of luck and I'll be watching to see what people say about your topic. I hope you get lots of information.

#3 WOD420

WOD420

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

Thanks for the help. I didn't think about occasionally separating the roots.

#4 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

I'll be interested in the answer. It seems I read some stuff of hydro, years ago and they manage to keep the roots seperate for many reasons. So, it has to be "doable." As, vegging in hydro and grow in soil, seems like a faster way to cut of some veg time. I am sure there are pros and cons to that, as well. though? pr

#5 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2258 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

hey dude to be honest you would be better putting each plant in small dwc pots to vegg, i think you would be fighting a loosing battle trying to separate the roots. this i just my opinion being a hydro grower, but if you have small buckets for flower why not use them in the first place? what ever you do dude post what you do as people love to learn :D good luck wod bonghead
  • capecarded and Deepwaterdude like this

#6 WOD420

WOD420

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Thanks everyone and I will post with pics. Concor or fail
  • Bong likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vegging, DWC

0 user(s) are reading this topic