56 replies to this topic

#26 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

iconchef.gif Just read that 'smokin" post and can't stop looking at that roast. When I get my smoker moved here, we'll have to exchange some sauce recipes. If I ever find mine. I am thinking of getting small propane or electric smoker. The lid on mine, was too heavy to lift, at times. Particularly, after many hours! The cops here don't seem to care too much about plants and individual patients. They are focused on the drug dealers, or anyone that appears to, be one. Colllectives...oddly, delivery services haven't come under fire! :Steak: pr
  • PoeticLife, Blue61 and tre93543 like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 tre93543

tre93543

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

if your getting mold it's to wet,,,,,,to the contrary of the ones before me i clone with sizzors and then put the cutting in my mouth and chew gently on the stem ,,,,,into the rooting powder then into damp but not wet rockwool cube,,,,,,under the dome with a piece of screen for sun block,,,,,most make it

I understand that mold, mildew is a byproduct of soil that is to wet, but I think I had some other things going on to help it along. The humidity in my area is very low, so I am trying rooting in water to keep them from drying out, and to avoid having to mist them down with water. This is all trial and error, as I have never tried cloning before
  • Blue61 and painretreat like this

#28 tre93543

tre93543

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

iconchef.gif Just read that 'smokin" post and can't stop looking at that roast. When I get my smoker moved here, we'll have to exchange some sauce recipes. If I ever find mine.

I am thinking of getting small propane or electric smoker. The lid on mine, was too heavy to lift, at times. Particularly, after many hours!

The cops here don't seem to care too much about plants and individual patients. They are focused on the drug dealers, or anyone that appears to, be one. Colllectives...oddly, delivery services haven't come under fire! :Steak: pr

I am still trying to find my perfect sauce, but came pretty close on this one. My smoker is an old 60's double grill. I just cut out part of the partition out that divides each grill so that I can have my wood on the other side so I just get heat, and smoke. I added a chimney to the meat side to get a nice flow of smoke. It works great, and didn't cost me a penny. (it was a grill that someone was throwing away. My sauce for the tri-tip was spicy mustard, molasses, honey, apple wood seasoning, fresh ground course pepper, and a little porterhouse seasoning. It was smoked with Oak, and Almond wood. WAS VERY YUMMY
  • PoeticLife and painretreat like this

#29 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

hey tre! if its any consolation I'm still having about a 2% success rate at cloning... and after 6 grows I just keep watching them keel over or yup the frothy mold shows up. My problem was a few issues and I just need to fix the issues and one day this will be routine (or so I hear lol) but we all have different ways that will eventually work and I can't wait to hear how the water cloning goes for you!

and hugs are just part of the day so here's another one smhug.gif :)
  • Blue61, painretreat and tre93543 like this

#30 tre93543

tre93543

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

An update on my cuttings. 7 out of 10 of the cuttings that I took on the 11th of march are starting to look really perky , so I have to assume that they are rooted (these are the ones that were in water, but started to develop powdery mildew. I planted them in soil about a week ago). I have 18 cuttings that I took a couple of weeks ago. Most of them are still looking great. The 12 cuttings that I took on the 29th of march and put in water are looking as good as the day I cut them, and 3 of them are showing roots. THANKS KnuckleDragger for your help. The people I have talked to on this site are so helpful, I really appreciate it.
  • PoeticLife, Blue61 and painretreat like this

#31 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21579 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

When you start showing definite roots on a clone, go ahead and transplant them into a Solo cup and let them start developing a root structure.
  • PoeticLife, Blue61, painretreat and 1 other like this

#32 tre93543

tre93543

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

When you start showing definite roots on a clone, go ahead and transplant them into a Solo cup and let them start developing a root structure.

What I see is a couple of thick (almost as big around as a metal coat hanger) nubs about 3/16" long. Should they go in solo cups now, or should I get a lil more roots first? I am using FFOF soil. Some say it is too hot for clones. Any opinion?

Edited by tre93543, 05 April 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#33 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21579 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Let them go just a bit longer, when they get about 1/2 inch then plant them.
  • PoeticLife, Blue61, painretreat and 1 other like this

#34 tre93543

tre93543

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

These are the girls that I am taking the cuttings from. I got them as clones 7 weeks ago tomorrow.Attached File  DSC01477.JPG   122.36KB   3 downloadsAttached File  DSC01478.JPG   123.75KB   4 downloadsAttached File  DSC01479.JPG   127.01KB   3 downloadsAttached File  DSC01480.JPG   130.84KB   3 downloadsAttached File  DSC01481.JPG   125.9KB   4 downloadsAttached File  DSC01482.JPG   128.95KB   4 downloadsAttached File  DSC01483.JPG   129.83KB   4 downloadsAttached File  DSC01484.JPG   125.04KB   3 downloadsAttached File  DSC01485.JPG   135.17KB   1 downloads Another first for me. I have never taken LST this far. I am wondering if I need to trim a little more leaves out? I have no leaves touching the soil, and trim out or tuck any large leaves that are blocking new growth. I am just about out of horizontal room for growth (containers are 12 x 12 x 12), and the height is about 6 to 8 inches from soil to top of the canopy. I am planning on starting flower in 7 to 11 days. Any advice, opinions, criticism is much appreciated

#35 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Once they put out a few tiny roots you will see new growth happening at the top of the clone.Easy way to tell if they have rooted. I have alway's used FFOF for my clones and its never been to hot. Best of luck. :) Peace, Blue
  • PoeticLife, painretreat and tre93543 like this

#36 tre93543

tre93543

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Once they put out a few tiny roots you will see new growth happening at the top of the clone.Easy way to tell if they have rooted.
I have alway's used FFOF for my clones and its never been to hot. Best of luck. :)
Peace,
Blue

Thanks Blue. You people on this site kick ass. I have encountered NOTHIN BUT educated help without the BS that seem to be all over other places.

#37 tre93543

tre93543

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

hey tre! if its any consolation I'm still having about a 2% success rate at cloning... and after 6 grows I just keep watching them keel over or yup the frothy mold shows up. My problem was a few issues and I just need to fix the issues and one day this will be routine (or so I hear lol) but we all have different ways that will eventually work and I can't wait to hear how the water cloning goes for you!

and hugs are just part of the day so here's another one smhug.gif :)

Thanks PL, It seems like it should be such an easy thing. A old friend of mine just cuts them, sticks them in some undesirable soil, waters them, and they grow. 90% or better success rate. The water with b-1 and super thrive in it, plus rooting hormone seems to be the ticket. It has been a week since I cut them, and they all look as good as the day I cut them. Here is a couple of pics from today. Attached File  DSC01486.JPG   121.99KB   10 downloadsAttached File  DSC01487.JPG   125.01KB   9 downloads 3 of them are showing small roots today

#38 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

your clones look wonderful, am so glad KD got ya sorted!!! and yes GP is a great place, we don't do drama like lots of places, no one needs that when they are sick!!

I'll be stopping by to check in but dang looks like you've got this down pat now :)

be well & be medicated!!
  • painretreat and tre93543 like this

#39 tre93543

tre93543

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Finally some progress. I am showing more roots on the clones in water, and I had roots coming out all over the place on a UK CHEESE that I put in soil on the 27th I think it was. I transplanted her to a 2 liter bottle cut in half filled with FFOF. Hears hoping that others will follow.

#40 tre93543

tre93543

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

YAAAAAAAAA, I got another rooted girl. I think they were just f*&@ing with me. LOL

#41 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

Hey tre..Happy Father's Day!!! Any luck with that Skywalker clone? pr
  • Blue61 and tre93543 like this

#42 tre93543

tre93543

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

I have several that are looking good, but I am still not out of the woods. The bush that I am taking them from looks awesome, maybe will take some more cuttings in the next couple of days as I only have about a week till I start flowering. I am "donating" one of the UK CHEESE to a friend because I am running out of room in my grow room. I only wanted 4 plants this grow, but ended up with 6. Anyway, she will grow it outdoors for the season. I figure it should be one hell of a plant by October. It has a 2 month head start on most outdoor grows around here, and the LSTing that was done to her should provide for a very happy bush/tree.

#43 tre93543

tre93543

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

I now have 2 uk cheese, 2 dj shorts true blueberry, and 1 platinum bubba kush clones that have rooted and have been put in soil. There are more that will be ready in the next couple of days. Thanks for all the help peoples. As for my plants, They are going nutts. Most of them are 22 inches wide at the largest area, and due to the LSTing I have been doing, they are only 6 - 7 inches from soil to the top of the canopy. I am a little concerned about airflow and mold, but so far so good. I am trimming some of the fan leaves off that are realy blocking new growth, or when tucked, touch the soil. I am done LSTing, and just waiting to get one plant out of the room so I can start flowering. When I started, I did not imagine that 6 plants would eat up a 5 x 5 room so quick. I hope I don't end up with issues as they get taller.

#44 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hey tre,
so are you enjoying the LST? its alot of work for sure but I know I've seen the benefits of more bud sites and less height... did it on a Dairy Queen and had great results regardless of how I was approaching the plant... she just kinda begged to be opened up. I learned alot on that grow and it sounds like your girls are bushing up great for you! got pics of the bondage now? keep it coming!

be well & be medicated!
  • Blue61, painretreat and tre93543 like this

#45 tre93543

tre93543

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hey tre,
so are you enjoying the LST? its alot of work for sure but I know I've seen the benefits of more bud sites and less height... did it on a Dairy Queen and had great results regardless of how I was approaching the plant... she just kinda begged to be opened up. I learned alot on that grow and it sounds like your girls are bushing up great for you! got pics of the bondage now? keep it coming!

be well & be medicated!

So far I can say that I wish I had LSTed before. But the end result will tell the tail. I grew UK cheese last grow and let her grow all natural. I got just over 2 z's of some dried killer meds. Ya, it is a ton of work daily. My wife gets mad because I spend so much time playing with my girls. I know what you meen by she just kinda begged to be opened up. The more I spread them out, the more they say thank you. UGGGG, I copied and pasted, now I am purple, again, UGGGG I say. I do think that I am learning more about the plant on this grow than I ever have before. I love it. Here are some pics I just took, they are all overflowing the containers except for the SKYWALKER. She is beautiful, slow and steady. I think she has the most perfect looking leaves out of all of her neighbors .Attached File  DJ SHORTS TRUE BLUEBERRY closer.JPG   131.62KB   1 downloadsAttached File  DJ SHORTS TRUE BLUEBERRY.JPG   129.9KB   1 downloadsAttached File  DJSHORTS TRUE BLUEBERRY closer.JPG   123.54KB   1 downloadsAttached File  DJSHORTS TRUE BLUEBERRY.JPG   125.5KB   1 downloadsAttached File  LIGHT BONDAGE.JPG   123.71KB   1 downloadsAttached File  PLATINUM BUBBA KUSH closer.JPG   130.51KB   1 downloadsAttached File  PLATINUM BUBBA KUSH.JPG   128.16KB   1 downloadsAttached File  side shot.JPG   128.52KB   1 downloadsAttached File  SKYWALKER OG closer.JPG   128.8KB   2 downloadsAttached File  SKYWALKER OG perfect leaves.JPG   124.75KB   3 downloadsAttached File  UK CHEESE 1 closer.JPG   127.37KB   3 downloadsAttached File  UK CHEESE 2 closer.JPG   124.53KB   3 downloadsAttached File  UK CHEESE 2.JPG   124.24KB   2 downloads Let me know what you think, Should I trim more leaves to get better circulation? I have noticed no problems, no mold/mildew. the soil dries evenly, and they get watered about every 3 to 4 days, nutes every other watering. The biggest problem is watering. I have to get most of the leaves drenched because I have no place to get to the soil to water it directly. When I use nutes, I follow with water to wash off the leaves. My temps are 68 F low at night, 75-81 high during lights on (81 is a once in a while exception). PL, since you just had a LST grow, any advice, especially if you see a problem, is greatly appreciated. GOOD GROWING

Attached Files

#46 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

Hi tre!
I'm far from a pro lol, and I wish I could "see" better but my sight is not the best! I did the lst on my 2nd grow, that was prob 4 grows ago, it was a great experience and know it boosted my yield especially on the bushy DQ. KD had helped me learn and try the method and am glad I tried it., but I totally hear how your wife feels lmao... I would spend literally hours with the girls just bending and such. I just started by trying to go around the rim of the planter (holes all around the top) and attempt to go in a circle, something I learned I lost control of along the way for sure! but if you go into that grow I had you will learn a heck of alot, KD had given me multiple links and hints on things. I hope it can be of some help.

I think eventually regardless, if you have a "bush" even with lst its going to get hard to eventually see into the center of the plant imho but i could be wrong! its a labor of love for sure, just was too much work for this body to see doing again lol.

you'll be rewarded by doing it, no doubt about it, and as long as you have good airflow and extra fans, you shouldn't have a problem.

enjoy the garden & have Fun!!
  • Blue61 and tre93543 like this

#47 tre93543

tre93543

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

Hi tre!
I'm far from a pro lol, and I wish I could "see" better but my sight is not the best! I did the lst on my 2nd grow, that was prob 4 grows ago, it was a great experience and know it boosted my yield especially on the bushy DQ. KD had helped me learn and try the method and am glad I tried it., but I totally hear how your wife feels lmao... I would spend literally hours with the girls just bending and such. I just started by trying to go around the rim of the planter (holes all around the top) and attempt to go in a circle, something I learned I lost control of along the way for sure! but if you go into that grow I had you will learn a heck of alot, KD had given me multiple links and hints on things. I hope it can be of some help.

I think eventually regardless, if you have a "bush" even with lst its going to get hard to eventually see into the center of the plant imho but i could be wrong! its a labor of love for sure, just was too much work for this body to see doing again lol.

you'll be rewarded by doing it, no doubt about it, and as long as you have good airflow and extra fans, you shouldn't have a problem.

enjoy the garden & have Fun!!

thanks, I am gonna go study your DQ grow. did you get much stretch after you stopped tying her down? don't answer that, I will go look. thanks again
  • Blue61 likes this

#48 tre93543

tre93543

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

So I did it. I fostered one of my girls ( a UK CHEESE) out to a friends property where she will fullfill her life out as an outdoor Bush/Tree. Her new owner is very well experienced with outdoor growing, and she will be the centerpeice of her garden this year. It will be interesting to see the difference between her cheese and mine. Yield and quality. As they were sister plants that got started at the same time, and had basically the same kind of care and or neglect. GOOD GROWING TO EVERYONE
  • PoeticLife and Blue61 like this

#49 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

hey tre,
how is the lst going for you? the girls I have going right now, would've benefited from lst but they are too rigid to even bend, so instead I'm repeatedly topping them (in veg) but i had a nice surprise today and one of the tops I had put in rooting powder and a cup of water has rooted (and trust me I had ignored the poor thing repeatedly), so I'll be putting my first "clone top" into the coco tomorrow :)

be well & be medicated!

#50 tre93543

tre93543

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

hey tre,
how is the lst going for you? the girls I have going right now, would've benefited from lst but they are too rigid to even bend, so instead I'm repeatedly topping them (in veg) but i had a nice surprise today and one of the tops I had put in rooting powder and a cup of water has rooted (and trust me I had ignored the poor thing repeatedly), so I'll be putting my first "clone top" into the coco tomorrow :)

be well & be medicated!

The LSTing that I did is crazy. I am in there every day finding branches that have been hidden and need to be brought out to the light. I believe that my yield will be over twice of what it would have been if I didnt LST. I am judging from my last grow that was uk cheese. Here are some pics from today, DAY 34 of 56, 60 and 70 floweringAttached File  DSC01698.JPG   125.99KB   4 downloadsAttached File  DSC01699.JPG   128.65KB   4 downloadsAttached File  DSC01700.JPG   128.58KB   4 downloadsAttached File  DSC01701.JPG   124.87KB   3 downloadsAttached File  DSC01702.JPG   129.88KB   3 downloadsAttached File  DSC01703.JPG   132.75KB   4 downloadsAttached File  DSC01704.JPG   127.28KB   5 downloadsAttached File  DSC01708.JPG   129.09KB   7 downloadsAttached File  seeds uk cheese.JPG   134.73KB   6 downloadsThis is my UK CHEESE, it flowered a lil bit, and I found a couple of branches with seeds. Doesnt seem to have made it to any other plants though. Lucky me. I am assuming that I stressed her by not trimming the underside branches, or bringing them out to the light soon enough.Attached File  DSC01705.JPG   127.46KB   5 downloadsAttached File  DSC01706.JPG   126.72KB   4 downloadsAttached File  DSC01707.JPG   128.98KB   3 downloads

Edited by tre93543, 23 May 2013 - 05:46 PM.

• PoeticLife and Blue61 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cloning, clones, multi branches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users