#1 JBlaze

JBlaze

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationThe Garden of Blazen

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

I have just received today my Secret Jardin DR150 and put it all together by myself, you will want to have a second pair of hands to help you with this It is doable but kinda a pain to get the tent over the supports. you start off with putting the cross bars together this is problem number one they are not sturdy when placed together so you will need to tape this with some kind of tape and it fixes the problem easily. once i got the tent together i placed the cross bars in where you hang your lights, fans, filters, etc. this is my biggest problem they didn't seem to put much effort into making these they do not fit very well and you have to place two pieces together to make it go the length of the tent and the ends of the pieces are just like little half hooks that you place onto the top of the bars. well the middle of the piece where you would hang your lights doesn't connect all the way so its just like half way in place this doesn't make me feel comfortable at all but will have to deal with it. next thing is that my tent which is the "pro2" upgraded version i guess, is that that waterproof detachable floor that comes with it is BLACK?! wth picture and directions show the same material on the hole tent which is a nice reflected material but not the floor kinda stupid but doable. so everything is put together so i shut myself inside the tent to see how light proof this bad boy really is to my surprise its pretty damn solid just a few pin holes here and there probably from shipping and handling. they always seem to put those stupid vents on the side which I hate but every tent ive seen has had one, it seals up pretty well its Velcro so you can seal it up. now time for the good the material is very very thick which is great the reflected material is awesome and after taping the joints of the bars it is super sturdy. the zippers are very high quality as far as i can tell and they did some kind of double layer on the zippers both sides have a flap over it and keep it very well light proof. the ports for cords and ducting are two sided flap holes and have a string to close it tight for light leaks i like this very much. so pretty much only things i do not like about this tent are the hanging fixtures because they are not properly in place they could have done a better job on that for sure and second the floor being black i just don't get that part lol. overall as far as i can tell its a great tent all the problems can be fixed with simple duct tape or any kind of tape. i give it a 9/10 and would recommend this tent for anyone. sorry im not the best at grammar and putting my thoughts to words lol so bare with me and i hope this helps someone looking into a secret jardin peace jblaze
  • Greenview, plant boy, KGBLuVR and 4 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 JBlaze

JBlaze

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

this is the actual site i bought the tent from this might help you understand a little more of what i was saying
  • plant boy, Lucky_Cat, HD96 and 1 other like this

#3 Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9678 posts
  • Locationllanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

Eh Upski Blazey :) Hear you on the roof bars of the tent.. got the DS120... DR120 was the way to go cus got tiny light leaks around da zip and the wee vent flap?? i hooked everything up but never opened the vents so da negative pressure was well mad so that may have caused so of the leaks but tis in a dark back room anyways and is kushty... love me tent... best thing i ever did that and the move up to 600W... tis the hieght of the DR's really for me.. like me 180cm tall gig and why they do the detachable floor black is just not well thought out... i couldnt hang two lights without moving everything out of my DS120.. cus the roof is pants to be honest LOL... they must know we like bars and lots of them to hang all sorts from but naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. just seen the vid the 150 has more bars but still think they could do a better.. mine has just 2 bars to for the roof... wishing some mental massive harvests from your tent mucker... they come down and go back up a piece of cake too which is well handy.

Edited by Lucky_Cat, 06 March 2013 - 06:43 AM.

• Greenview, plant boy, HD96 and 2 others like this

#4 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18521 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

you sure they didn't send you the wrong floor for your tent? the one in the ad is light reflective
  • Greenview, KGBLuVR, Lucky_Cat and 3 others like this

#5 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

Hey, jb, good topic for me, too, as I've got a DRII. The "tray" is black, like yours, but whatever, the plants probably don't have great expectations about receiving light on their undersides? I think the E bar, the last one, is supposed to hook onto the two D bars, not the frame of the tent. That will stabilize it and them, too. I hook my lights directly to the frame and barely use those bars at all. And I open sideflaps less and less as I've dialed in intake, outtake fans and filters. Definitely great to have such a controllabe ecosystem for the laydays. AS for lightproofness, I bought mine after a comparison review where the dude said that this one was the best of the current crop for real blackout, mostly cause of zipflaps you mentioned. And, as per takedown and put up, had to tear the grow down and hide it the other day, and it took a while with all the stuff in there, but the tent itself was quick. Mine's only 2x2, so harder to have problems with it, but MUCH less reward in the end;)
  • Lucky_Cat, HD96, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#6 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Hey JB, What size is the tent. That is strange about the floor. Both of my tents have removable bottoms but are reflective. Best of luck to your future grows in it. Peace, Blue
  • Greenview, Lucky_Cat, HD96 and 1 other like this

#7 JBlaze

JBlaze

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

Eh Upski Blazey :)

Hear you on the roof bars of the tent.. got the DS120... DR120 was the way to go cus got tiny light leaks around da zip and the wee vent flap?? i hooked everything up but never opened the vents so da negative pressure was well mad so that may have caused so of the leaks but tis in a dark back room anyways and is kushty...

love me tent... best thing i ever did that and the move up to 600W... tis the hieght of the DR's really for me.. like me 180cm tall gig and why they do the detachable floor black is just not well thought out... i couldnt hang two lights without moving everything out of my DS120.. cus the roof is pants to be honest LOL... they must know we like bars and lots of them to hang all sorts from but naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. just seen the vid the 150 has more bars but still think they could do a better.. mine has just 2 bars to for the roof...

wishing some mental massive harvests from your tent mucker... they come down and go back up a piece of cake too which is well handy.

hey hey whats up lucky. yea the vents are stupid I don't understand why they put them in honestly. and yeah mine has a tiny light leak in them but like yours mine is a dark place anyways and not to worried about light leaks, I love the height as well makes for some nice sized lants for sure for the bars you would think they know we are buying a tent and most likely have a a/c hood or running multiple lights so they would add a few extra bars that actually fit haha. thanks for the kinds words im pumped for next grow in this

Hey, jb, good topic for me, too, as I've got a DRII. The "tray" is black, like yours, but whatever, the plants probably don't have great expectations about receiving light on their undersides? I think the E bar, the last one, is supposed to hook onto the two D bars, not the frame of the tent. That will stabilize it and them, too. I hook my lights directly to the frame and barely use those bars at all. And I open sideflaps less and less as I've dialed in intake, outtake fans and filters. Definitely great to have such a controllabe ecosystem for the laydays.
AS for lightproofness, I bought mine after a comparison review where the dude said that this one was the best of the current crop for real blackout, mostly cause of zipflaps you mentioned. And, as per takedown and put up, had to tear the grow down and hide it the other day, and it took a while with all the stuff in there, but the tent itself was quick. Mine's only 2x2, so harder to have problems with it, but MUCH less reward in the end;)

hey whats up green yeah not quite sure why they would make it black I emailed the seller I bought from and they said it was a change jardin made a few years back and they have nothing to do with that, so Im guessing that it saved them about 10 bucks and charged an extra 100 for it lol, and yes the zip flaps are very nice and it defiantly beats my other 4x4 tent as far as anything really im really happy I bouht this tent and yes mine is the 5x5x7 or close to it at least but it looks giant next to my 4x4 for some reason haha

Hey JB, What size is the tent. That is strange about the floor. Both of my tents have removable bottoms but are reflective.
Best of luck to your future grows in it.

Peace,
Blue

hey hey whats up blue the dr150 is a 5x5x7 which I think is actually 4'11x4'11x6'11 or so and yea it still has the removable waterproof floor but its black secret jardin I guessed chaned this a few years back makes no sense but over its still a beast tent im in love if I buy another tent some day it will be another jardin I know that much but hoping my next upgrade is a new actually room dedicated to cannabis :) tents can be for veg and mothers what not good to see ya peace jb

you sure they didn't send you the wrong floor for your tent? the one in the ad is light reflective

nope I emailed the company I purchased from asking them what was up they said it was a changed that jardin made a few years back stupid thing they did there but like green said (ithnk it was green) plants don't need that really reflected and I can always put those poly covers over it if it was that big of issue im not stressing it much though cheers

hey hey whats up lucky. yea the vents are stupid I don't understand why they put them in honestly. and yeah mine has a tiny light leak in them but like yours mine is a dark place anyways and not to worried about light leaks, I love the height as well makes for some nice sized lants for sure for the bars you would think they know we are buying a tent and most likely have a a/c hood or running multiple lights so they would add a few extra bars that actually fit haha. thanks for the kinds words im pumped for next grow in this

hey whats up green yeah not quite sure why they would make it black I emailed the seller I bought from and they said it was a change jardin made a few years back and they have nothing to do with that, so Im guessing that it saved them about 10 bucks and charged an extra 100 for it lol, and yes the zip flaps are very nice and it defiantly beats my other 4x4 tent as far as anything really im really happy I bouht this tent and yes mine is the 5x5x7 or close to it at least but it looks giant next to my 4x4 for some reason haha and good call on hanging the lights from the side bars I will defo do that and just hang fans/filters from the crap crossbars lol greners.com is where I purchased my tent when I emailed they emailed me back told me to send pics o the cross bars hopefully they reply today with some answers

hey hey whats up blue the dr150 is a 5x5x7 which I think is actually 4'11x4'11x6'11 or so and yea it still has the removable waterproof floor but its black secret jardin I guessed chaned this a few years back makes no sense but over its still a beast tent im in love if I buy another tent some day it will be another jardin I know that much but hoping my next upgrade is a new actually room dedicated to cannabis :) tents can be for veg and mothers what not good to see ya peace jb

nope I emailed the company I purchased from asking them what was up they said it was a changed that jardin made a few years back stupid thing they did there but like green said (ithnk it was green) plants don't need that really reflected and I can always put those poly covers over it if it was that big of issue im not stressing it much though cheers

• Greenview, Lucky_Cat and Blue61 like this

#8 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2258 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

Hey blaze I'm not a fan of the secret jarden tents myself. Hang a light in there turn it on then go outside the tent. Those pin holes wil be more numerous. I had 2 and sent them bac the 1.2m x 1.2m x 1.8m there were hundreds of pin holes in them. And the black floor piece is what they are sending with all tents now. I bought a dp90 tent very small and it is full of pin holes but it's onli for clones. Hate to be so negative but there are better made tents on eBay by some company's KNS is 1 their tents hav no pin holes or problems There poles are sturdy and all metal poles for hanging lights And they fit into the plastic pieces to hold the frame up very snugg indeed And are not as expensive. Now tell me you have bad grammer lol Rant off hahaha fith Bonghead
  • Greenview, Lucky_Cat, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#9 JBlaze

JBlaze

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Hey blaze I'm not a fan of the secret jarden tents myself.
Hang a light in there turn it on then go outside the tent. Those pin holes wil be more numerous.
I had 2 and sent them bac the 1.2m x 1.2m x 1.8m there were hundreds of pin holes in them.
And the black floor piece is what they are sending with all tents now.
I bought a dp90 tent very small and it is full of pin holes but it's onli for clones.
Hate to be so negative but there are better made tents on eBay by some company's KNS is 1 their tents hav no pin holes or problems
There poles are sturdy and all metal poles for hanging lights
And they fit into the plastic pieces to hold the frame up very snugg indeed
And are not as expensive. Now tell me you have bad grammer lol
Rant off hahaha fith
Bonghead

honestly im not a fan of any tents would much rather have a nice room I can seal off into sections but this is what I had to settle with haha, and yeah I noticed the pin holes but easy enough fix, do know what they are from? and this is defiantly my last grow tent purchase (knock on wood) lol your grammar is that bad luckily I have spell check haha take it easy bong good to hear and if I do need another I defiantly check out your recommendations
  • Lucky_Cat, KnuckleDragger, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#10 KGBLuVR

KGBLuVR

A supporter of legalization

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1322 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

Hey blaze I'm not a fan of the secret jarden tents myself. Hang a light in there turn it on then go outside the tent. Those pin holes wil be more numerous. I had 2 and sent them bac the 1.2m x 1.2m x 1.8m there were hundreds of pin holes in them. And the black floor piece is what they are sending with all tents now. I bought a dp90 tent very small and it is full of pin holes but it's onli for clones. Hate to be so negative but there are better made tents on eBay by some company's KNS is 1 their tents hav no pin holes or problems There poles are sturdy and all metal poles for hanging lights And they fit into the plastic pieces to hold the frame up very snugg indeed And are not as expensive. Now tell me you have bad grammer lol Rant off hahaha fith Bonghead

Hey Bong, sorry to hear about your bad luck with these tents. My 10 x 10 has 4000w in it and you can barely tell the lights are on when looking from the outside of it. The only real place I see light from the outside is where the (2) zippers on the doors come together. The floor is black but there isn't really too much light that reaches there and even if it did the luminosity would be greatly depreciated before it got back to the leaves. I did have to prop the center of the tent with a 2x4 but I somewhat expected that with any tent of this size.

• KnuckleDragger and Bong like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: grow tent, secret, jardin, secret jardin, secret jardin 150, tent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users