Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Burning/dying Leaves Happens Every Grow!

autos coco overwater nuteburn Canna

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

All right, I'm humbled here. I'll just post the pics and give you a list of all the stuff I've been doing. This literally has happened to me for the last three grows, and I'd like to keep some fan leaves this time and see a plant reach its potential. Strains: Sweettooth auto, Pineapple Express Barney's, Diesel Ryder, Joint Doc. Autos. Age 20, 19, 15 days Lights 24hrs 125cfl over two at 4" rotated every 24hrs, 140wattLED over all 4. Temps 75-85, rh 30 if I leave as is. With pot of water @50. Misting a few times a day. They were uppotted at 14 days from coco plugs+ coco perlite in cups into 6 liter airpots with Canna coco + 50% perlite. I drenched the mix beforehand with canna nutes cocktail; Rhizo, enzymes, A+B, Calmag at 800ppm and watered at 700ppm at repot. I'm going according to a downloaded a PDF nute schedule calculated for three liter batches, my water softness and light feeding. I'm still way under the recommended, as the ppms are prohibitive, and though they react jubilantly to the nutes, they are autos and generally don't take too well to heavy feeding. It may be what's wrong. Wanting the pots to get light after repot, I waited until 2 days ago to feed again at 700ppm, just Rhizo, Calmag, and really light AB, 1/4 dose, maybe 500-750cl each, but didn't totally drench the pots and there was little runoff, so I haven't got to check that yet. My defense is that I didn't want to overwater. Maybe I underwatered. Other possible culprit; to make up for the low humidity, I've been misting with a bit of Rhizo and Epsom salts. Maybe the salts shouldn't be used continuously as I've been doing? Maybe they don't like the misting and they get waterlogged? I dumped my spay and refilled with tap, Rhizo at 1 ml liter and Alga Mic at 1ml liter. I'm letting it gas out now. Next water looks like 2 days; since the coco is charged already, I thought I'd just go really light @ 1/4 nutes next time but give them a good wetting. the other thing is I have an extremely soft fan that is directly across their tops. it doesn't shake them but it's definitely constant air on them. The funny note is that so far it's just the three first born that are suffering burns. They also had a tough childhood and stayed two days two long under a heated humidity dome and almost got cooked. Maybe they're going to be a bit more nute sensitive than the later two? Possible? The Diesel ryder is the worst hit, but the other two are right behind. Please do tell me what you think. thanks gv

Attached Files

• Desiderata, plant boy, teddys head and 3 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18378 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

get rid of the epsom salt ,,,,could be locking out the roots,,,,,this weed grows in the desert so low humidity is not a problem
  • Greenview, Desiderata, teddys head and 3 others like this

#3 Turf

Turf

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1985 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

more info about your water, please. you mention soft water, which is sky high in sodium (real bad for plants) and light feedings. if you have excess sodium in your water, it displaces the fertilizer. or if you have hard water that is treated, you could be bumping up against a lock out.
  • Greenview, Desiderata, plant boy and 6 others like this

#4 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

get rid of the epsom salt ,,,,could be locking out the roots,,,,,this weed grows in the desert so low humidity is not a problem

more info about your water, please.

you mention soft water, which is sky high in sodium (real bad for plants) and light feedings.

if you have excess sodium in your water, it displaces the fertilizer. or if you have hard water that is treated, you could be bumping up against a lock out.

That's done, PB, thanks.

Turf, thanks for the help. My tapwater is really hard 600ppm and I had a water softener on it, that I no longer use. To avoid that the water I'm using is Volcania spring water with 35mg/l minerals, almost nothing, that's why I said soft when I probably I meant pretty devoid of substances. I'm going to get enough water to flush at 300ppm 50%calmag, and when I get some runoff in a day or two, we'll see if I have to go ahead with flush or not.
thanks fellas
  • Desiderata, plant boy, teddys head and 5 others like this

#5 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18378 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

your welcome and good luck with this run
  • Greenview, Desiderata, teddys head and 5 others like this

#6 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Okidoki, so they were quite light this morning, so I mixed up 6 liters in two three liter bottles, adding in this order; Mendocino N Calmag, Rhizo, Enzymes, Coco A +B and Ph Down to 5.8-5.9, ppmed to 550. I watered slowly trying to wet all the substrate until I got good runoff, @1.25-1.5 liters per plant in the end, noticing that coco drains a bit differently and longer than soil. Runoff was higher PH, 6.2-6.4, so i'm going to have to correct that with a flush, I suppose. But I need a lot more water, ph'd and prepped, sigh. The girls are very happy at the moment, growing like mad, and I think they appreciate the spray mix with no salts. I'll retransfer my thoughts and actions to the thread for the moment, and update here with the flush in a couple of days unless you guys think I should do it right away until the buffer's corrected. goodday, thanks for the help, gv
  • Turf, plant boy, teddys head and 2 others like this

#7 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18378 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

i'm thinking they will love you back for getting rid of the salt
  • Greenview, teddys head and PoeticLife like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: autos, coco, overwater, nuteburn, Canna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users