#1 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Interested in seeds? First you must determine what your goals are. Maximum yield, maximum potency or desired qualities?

Pure Indicas produce the most narcotic stone and this may be desirable for pain relief or undesirable as it is quite sedating. These plants double in height during bloom and are relatively easier to manage in the garden. Potency is not much of a problem with indicas. These plants are best for night time smoke, pain conditions, and end stage medical conditions. They also work great for edibles and yield very well.

Mostly Indicas have most of the yield of a pure indica but a tinge of sativa stimulation to offset the indica sedation. These plants also remain somewhat short and bush out really well with training. This is a good all around medicine for any condition and a good place for a beginner to start.
Potency of the initial rush and of the stone are widely variable in this class.

50/50s have an equal balance of indica and sativa influences. They often grow 2.5x their height in bloom so are less desirable in a short garden. They are more stimulating than sedating so are good for mood elevation. This stimulation can cause panic attacks in sensitive people when too much is taken in. I don't consider this a bad thing. It is a gentle feedback telling you to not smoke so much or take in such big hits. Yield is also variable in this class as the plants that have more sativa influence tend to weigh less despite their more desirable effect. The minimal if any sedation makes these desirable daytime smoke.

Mostly sativas and pure sativas can increase their size from double to triple in the course of bloom. They also tend to yield less but often have a connoisseur high/flavor. It is due to these considerations that these are more appropriate for a seasoned grower.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Indica: Afghani #1(very narcotic), Hindu Kush

Mostly Indica: Big Bud(high yield), Northern Lights #5(relatively low odor), Lifesaver

50/50: Superskunk, White Widow, Jillybean(orange candy flavor)

Each of these varieties were chosen based on personal experience that these are easy to grow, stress tolerant, yield well and aren't bunk. This is not an inclusive list of every good cultivar, just a good starting off point.

Edited by Ohmless, 18 February 2013 - 10:54 PM.

• Michael, Greenview, bongbonghi and 7 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21658 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

For a first grow I recommend either Nirvana's AK-48 or NL. Both strains are very tolerant of newbie mistakes and are quick to harvest and have a good yield. After you get a couple of grows in then it's time to try other strains.
  • Greenview, bongbonghi, plant boy and 5 others like this

#3 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2258 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

sweet thread ohm be well my friend bonghead
  • Greenview, bongbonghi, teddys head and 3 others like this

#4 diggler

diggler

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

hey hey, for me it has to be "WONDER WOMAN" easy to grow, very vigorous growth with very big yields and strong smoke. Bushy plant, very easy to grow, looked to me to be mostly indica. Also quiet large heavy buds, might interest a commercial grower too. I bought fem seeds from Nirvana: 5 outta 5 perfect. They took a lot of nutes too, really piled it in them until Isaw signs of distress ...

Edited by diggler, 23 February 2013 - 06:17 PM.

• Greenview, bongbonghi, PoeticLife and 2 others like this

#5 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

nice thread Ohm! I have some DNA Pure Afgan seeds I am dying to pop and its back to trying the reg seeds again, and try to keep them going with clones. This will be the first 100% indica I've tried to grow and should work really well as a good medication! I'll let ya know when I get them started :)

be well & be medicated!!
Hugs!
  • Greenview, bongbonghi, HD96 and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: strain selection, novice, indoor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users