224 replies to this topic

#1 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

Medicine Maker/Healer/Derelect

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

I didn't really know if I was gonna do a journal this year but I don't have anything else to do and I like to show off. I've had a bit of difficult time adapting my outdoor growing skill into indoor growing skills. I planned for this to be aero-ponic but I screwed that up right away. Annnd my freaking pH meter went way out of calibration. It is calibrated now. Make sure you keep you equipment calibrated and up to date. I am going to concentrate on the plants I have in vegetation right now and they are of a strain developed in N Carolina and we call it "Southern Belle". There are 12 plants per table/T5 fixture for a total of 24 total plants. They have not been sexed, but are nearly ready to put in the "Bloom Room". These lights are on a 13/11cycle I do not change light cycles, in veg, I either run 24/7 or 18/6, now on 24/7. I also run everything I can on 220 volts. As you can see these are some pretty healthy individuals. In each bag of Happy Frog, I added 3 ounces of Mykos WB fungus for root growth and1.5 ounces of Azos Nitrogen Fixing Microbes. The Azos allows your plants to harvest nitrogen from the air we breathe. I also treated the roots when transplanting. I don't pay attention to time, when they are ready to go into the bloom room, I put them in there and when they are ready to harvest it gets done. I don't care about hours, days or weeks. I'd say the Southern Belles are about 6 weeks old now. This is the first time I have used bags to grow in. The bags you see are 3 gallon. I could have got away with 2 gallon bags. There are plants in the bloom room but I am not adding them to this journal, but a pic or two is included. I've a 5 ft tall sativa or cross showing the sativa pheno. I'm gonna let this go as long as it takes. It is on the floor not on table top. I have 4 T-5 fixtures for veg, and I have 3ea. 600 watt HPS and 2ea. 750 watt, 8 tube T-5 VHO in the bloom room. The lamps for the VHO put out 95 watts per tube. Just for the heck of it I added a heaping tablespoon of diamateceous earth, it is 85% silicone oxide and plants benefit from the silicon. Helps with crawly critters, and the vegetation is stronger. You can buy a silicone supplement for your plants and it costs a pretty penny. I get a 50lb bag of DE at the feed store for $25. Attached File  DSC08712.JPG   202.17KB   74 downloads

Attached Files

Edited by Stoned Ranger, 16 February 2013 - 03:46 PM.

• Tokecrazy, Greenview, bongbonghi and 11 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

From what I see, Uncle Bill, it looks like you've got a pretty good handle on things. :D Can't wait to see what you pull off on an indoor grow. I'm sure you'll adapt and blow our minds in no time at all with your skills. Good karma to you and your green ones! Cheers, Scoob
  • plant boy, teddys head, Stoned Ranger and 4 others like this

#3 GarageGrower

GarageGrower

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

nice grow.
  • bongbonghi, plant boy, teddys head and 6 others like this

#4 stocktonT

stocktonT

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1101 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

Awesome healthy plants! Thanks for showing, I will be lurking around and watching this one for sure! All the best//Stock
  • plant boy, teddys head, Stoned Ranger and 3 others like this

#5 BigPapa

BigPapa

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Posted Image Uncle Bill can grow alright!!!!!! Hey! where's those chicken wings and ice cream!?!?!?!?! He's turned us into cannibals
  • plant boy, teddys head, PoeticLife and 2 others like this

#6 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21488 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

Looks like your off to a great start.
  • plant boy, teddys head, Stoned Ranger and 3 others like this

#7 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Got a seat picked out in the front row.Looking forward to watching this grow.Lots of girlie karma SR. :) Peace, Blue

#8 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

am sooooo glad you are doing a journal :) go Bill go!! Wishing you a phenomenal grow & no lifting okay?!

healing hugs
smhug.gif
  • plant boy, teddys head, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#9 Widespread

Widespread

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationOld Kentuckee

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

Ooh, another fine grow to drool over. You go, dude. Best, WS
  • plant boy, teddys head and Blue61 like this

#10 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts
  • Locationknee deep in a bowl of rice

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

yee haw.... chow

#11 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

sweet SR :oldhippy:

jobs a goodin,pulling up a chair actionleaf.gif

Health and happiness
  • plant boy, PoeticLife, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#12 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Time for an update????? No problems, just a bit of over watering, duh!!!!! I'm a little disappointed with the amount of males that have showed up in the Southern Belles. I started with 100% germination on 24 beans. I have 12 left and a few of those haven't shown sex yet Attached File  DSC08754.JPG   158.54KB   21 downloads Attached File  DSC08746.JPG   231.4KB   27 downloads Here's a pair that came from some seeds I bred for last year. The cross is Malana Cream X Aurora Indica. Here's the two main phenos from that cross. Attached File  DSC08745.JPG   96.29KB   24 downloads Attached File  DSC08751.JPG   71.04KB   25 downloads I'm growing some Cissuus Quadrangalis. A plant in the grape species that, according to some health experts, that promotes bone health. Grow it, dry it, grind it up and eat it. You can buy capsules from muscle freak health stores. Attached File  DSC08755.JPG   193.91KB   26 downloads Attached File  DSC08756.JPG   141.86KB   22 downloads Attached File  DSC08757.JPG   198.49KB   19 downloads Attached File  DSC08758.JPG   168.27KB   25 downloads Three pix of others I have in the bloom room. Attached File  DSC08747.JPG   161.14KB   30 downloads Attached File  DSC08748.JPG   191.96KB   31 downloads Attached File  DSC08753.JPG   152.6KB   26 downloads

Edited by Stoned Ranger, 03 March 2013 - 05:23 PM.

• Greenview, Desiderata, plant boy and 5 others like this

#13 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

hang a sign "no bits allowed".... sux on all the males showing up but am sure you have more magic up your sleeve!!

hope you're doing as well as is possible!
Hugs!
  • Greenview, plant boy, Stoned Ranger and 1 other like this

#14 Desiderata

Desiderata

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

I see you've kept yourself pretty busy, SR! I like the idea of growing CQ, keep us posted on that. I've yet to find it here locally, but I'm ready to order it online. I hear it's great for pain, and when low on cannabis, it sounds like a good alternative. Be safe and take care of yourself!
  • Greenview, plant boy, Stoned Ranger and 1 other like this

#15 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

Looking good SR.
  • Greenview, plant boy and Stoned Ranger like this

#16 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Where did my other pictures go,,,,,crap.

You cannot add the pic to the post then delete it from the index.

Here's a bit I copied from the net about Cissus Quadrangularus
Anonymous said...
http://www.pubmedcen...i?artid=1800848
Aim
Obesity is generally linked to complications in lipid metabolism and oxidative stress. The aim of this study was to compare the effect of a proprietary extract of Cissus quadrangularis (CQR-300) to that of a proprietary formulation containing CQR-300 (CORE) on weight, blood lipids, and oxidative stress in overweight and obese people.
Methods
The first part of the study investigated the in vitro antioxidant properties of CQR-300 and CORE using 3 different methods, while the second part of the study was a double-blind placebo controlled design, involving initially 168 overweight and obese persons (38.7% males; 61.3% females; ages 19–54), of whom 153 completed the study. All participants received two daily doses of CQR-300, CORE, or placebo and were encouraged to maintain their normal levels of physical activity. Anthropometric measurements and blood sampling were done at the beginning and end of the study period.
Results
CQR-300 as well as CORE exhibited antioxidant properties in vitro. They also acted as in vivo antioxidants, bringing about significant (p < 0.001) reductions in plasma TBARS and carbonyls. Both CQR-300 and CORE also brought about significant reductions in weight, body fat, total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, triglycerides, and fasting blood glucose levels over the respective study periods. These changes were accompanied by a significant increase in HDL-cholesterol levels, plasma 5-HT, and creatinine.
Conclusion
CQR-300 (300 mg daily) and CORE (1028 mg daily) brought about significant reductions in weight and blood glucose levels, while decreasing serum lipids thus improving cardiovascular risk factors. The increase in plasma 5-HT and creatinine for both groups hypothesizes a mechanism of controlling appetite and promoting the increase of lean muscle mass by Cissus quadrangularis, thereby supporting the clinical data for weight loss and improving cardiovascular health.

Edited by Stoned Ranger, 03 March 2013 - 05:47 PM.

• Greenview, plant boy, stocktonT and 1 other like this

#17 Turf

Turf

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1985 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

who was that stoned man? wow... the cissus looks real cool SR! garden looking pretty darn good too :)
  • Greenview, plant boy, Stoned Ranger and 2 others like this

#18 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Beautiful garden, SR, looks sweet. Just four of your flowering plants would more than fill my grow space... rg.
  • plant boy, Stoned Ranger and Blue61 like this

#19 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18402 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

looking sweet , must be a lot of sativa in that strain,,,,,,males show first so the late showers are usually girls
  • Blue61 likes this

#20 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

Interesting topic Bill. Are those pills available over the counter? Peace, Blue
  • plant boy likes this

#21 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

looking sweet , must be a lot of sativa in that strain,,,,,,males show first so the late showers are usually girls

Yes the plants are 50/50 indica and sativa. I know cause I did it.

Interesting topic Bill. Are those pills available over the counter?
Peace,
Blue

Here Blue take your pick. I bought the super cissus and mixed it in with NN and gave it to a friend, awaiting results.
http://www.amazon.co...sl_5pf7gcuot0_e

Bill
  • plant boy, usstoner and Blue61 like this

#22 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

thanks for the link Bill.... definitely something most all of us need even just with the lovely aging process! and a link tooooooo :)

be well :)
  • plant boy, usstoner and Blue61 like this

#23 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18402 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

sativa kind of streches out its bud sites and has lots of room between fan leaves
  • usstoner and Blue61 like this

#24 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21488 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Looks like things are coming along nicely SR and I hope you have a great harvest.

http://youtu.be/Td4RHvyAFsM

yee haw....

chow

Chow, back when I was a crumb cruncher the first show after the TV station started up at 6:00AM (they used to shut down overnight) was the Lone Ranger followed up by Roy Rogers....

:D
  • plant boy, usstoner, Stoned Ranger and 1 other like this

#25 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Looks like things are coming along nicely SR and I hope you have a great harvest.

Chow, back when I was a crumb cruncher the first show after the TV station started up at 6:00AM (they used to shut down overnight) was the Lone Ranger followed up by Roy Rogers....

http://youtu.be/eEqUyNaSdvg

:D

When I was a youngster my family lived in Palmdale CA. Jay Silverheels, Tonto, lived in the area and shopped at the same grocery store that my mom did. He was always decked out in silver and turquoise bling and would illicite a big wow from the kids in the store when Tonto showed up at the store. He was always Tonto to us kids. LOL
  • plant boy, usstoner, KnuckleDragger and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: journal, indoor, grow, Washington

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users