Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo
- - - - -

UN Says Medical Marijuana Machines Must GO

6 replies to this topic

#1 ISO2BWELL

ISO2BWELL

Honored Retired Staff + (AKA: Sir ISO Goodnstoned)

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3183 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:52 PM

Well, it seems the UN is now running the US, too. The UN is telling America that it can't have a MMJ vending machine as it goes against what they said we can do in our own country.

I would recommend, instead, that the UN go involve themselves in a lengthy sexual encounter with a globally rotating lunar object. (figure it out).

UN Board Says Marijuana Machines Illegal

VIENNA, Austria Marijuana vending machines in Los Angeles violate international treaties and should be shut down, the U.N.-affiliated drug control board said Friday.

"The International Narcotics Control Board is deeply concerned about reports that computerized vending machines to dispense cannabis (marijuana) have been put into operation in Los Angeles," Philip O. Emafo, president of the board, said in a statement.

At least three Los Angeles medical marijuana dispensaries have installed vending machines to distribute the drug to people who carry cards authorizing marijuana use. The drug is said to alleviate chronic pain, loss of appetite and other ailments.

Supporters say the machines, which dispense 1/8th or 2/8th of an ounce of marijuana at a time, offers users lower drug prices and increases security.

Marijuana use is illegal under U.S. law, which does not recognize the medical marijuana laws in California and 11 other states.

The Drug Enforcement Agency and other U.S. agencies have been shutting down major medical marijuana dispensaries throughout California in the last two years and charging their operators with felony distribution charges.

"We know that the use of cannabis is illegal under federal law of the United States and we trust the authorities will stop such activities, which contravene the international drug control treaties," Emafo said.

In its statement, the Vienna-based drug board also said scientific research about the therapeutic usefulness of cannabis or cannabis extracts was still in progress and had not produced much evidence.

The board is an independent monitoring body for the implementation of the United Nations international drug control conventions.

ISO

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:13 PM

i guess this is what the CIA calls a backlash - the US pushed the UN to this and now the UN will govern with this over the US, it almost could be a bit funny if this wouldn't be such BS. never had much fuzz about the UN but lately i start to really dislike this organization. oh well, it is quiet typical for it to act without proper knowledge on what it acts actually, the list for similar misshapes is endless....

#3 ISO2BWELL

ISO2BWELL

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3183 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:25 PM

Seems to me the best way for all of us Medical users is to pool our funds and BUY us a Island out in the Pacific somewhere. We can set our own laws in our own country, and tell the rest of the world to Kiss our Ass. Of course, then the US would just invade us and claim it was their idea all along. Ya can't win. ISO

#4 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:36 PM

well, why not trying to do what the Israeli and Iranian government do for so long successfully - just ignore the bitches:wink:

#5 Mogie

Mogie

Ganja Goddess

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4499 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:36 PM

I think you might be right about the island. I can't stand the UN and the fact they tell us what to do.

#6 ISO2BWELL

ISO2BWELL

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3183 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:30 PM

Ya know, if I spent enough time working it all out, I bet I could make a damn good argument for religious purposes for MMJ. Sure would be a fun day in court making the argument!

ISO

Eze 47:12And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

Pro 15:17Better [is] a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.

#7 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:36 PM

interesting approach... i like that way! it is truly a good given plant!;)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users