87 replies to this topic

#76 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18335 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

you could bump it back up to 15 and 9 , won't put it back into veg as they are autos
  • Greenview and Scooby like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#77 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

you could bump it back up to 15 and 9 , won't put it back into veg as they are autos

Thanks PB, I'm not sure. I've heard about this Barney's Sweet Tooth "auto" being a photo in disguise and just as sensitive to light regimen. Right now I'm at 13/11 light dark and I'd love to go more, just don't want to risk it with the sweet tooth. You think Photos can handle 15/9 and stay in flower? The autos would be happier.

pics from 4/9 first one's big; ST left, pineapple right.

Attached File  IMAG0061.jpg   192.87KB   10 downloadsAttached File  imag0054.jpg   114.94KB   12 downloadsAttached File  imag0057.jpg   93.8KB   10 downloadsAttached File  imag0058.jpg   122.17KB   10 downloadsAttached File  imag0059.jpg   514.36KB   10 downloadsAttached File  imag0063.jpg   94.09KB   10 downloadsAttached File  imag0064.jpg   90.97KB   11 downloadsAttached File  imag0066.jpg   92.75KB   15 downloadsAttached File  imag0067.jpg   108.18KB   16 downloadsAttached File  imag0068.jpg   107KB   15 downloadsAttached File  imag0069.jpg   102.1KB   14 downloadsAttached File  imag0070.jpg   102.77KB   9 downloads

Edited by Greenview, 10 April 2013 - 05:16 AM.

• plant boy and Scooby like this

#78 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18335 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

once they go into flower , they need 24 hrs of light to go back into veg . anything less than16 hrs will keep them in flower

#79 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Excellent news, Plant Boy, I've already set them at 14/10 for tonight, then 15/9 thereafter. Grow notes; they're out of their trays and getting top fed, seems to be the best way to get nutes to them for sure. I also wanted to let the coco dry out a bit, as it hasn't been at all. I now believe that the little Pea, then Sweet Tooth is again pineapple. Very different pheno from the first, but the buds definitely take after the pineapple and smell of it. Instantly trichy and fat leaved clusters. Good news, that means three autos out of four plants, which begs the question of going back to 18/6 or 20/4 to fill things out. Dunno. COuld just stay at 15/9 and within 60 days we're all done with this and can get onto the autopots for real with real strains. The Sweet tooth looks really good, very hairy and green, grassy smell for the moment. The diesel ryder is a very weird plant the way I grew it. Of course, built to go under 20/4 light so really missing the light, but I was hoping for better. It's as if she weren't getting any nutes at all, except for the last PK blast, which I can see on her. Otherwise, she's one I wish there were more of. Unbelievable candy smell. Hum. No pics today, probably monday. I feed them tomorrow before going away for the weekend. Hoping they dig the time off from my looming presence. Humidity is high in there. put more fans on the buds. bises hope everyone's well

#80 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18335 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

those diesels sure do smell like candy .....had a chrome diesel and it sure was sweet
  • Greenview likes this

#81 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

Hey, folks, this show got canceled due to lack of interest, but the cast wanted to give a final bow. I just harvested Tuesday and yesterday the two pineapples. The first is dry at 29 grams, which was truly surprising. Every bud was decent. SHe was more sugary than her older sister, and of a fatter nature, but didn't fade out in fall colors like sis. The bigger one is now drying after going through her last throes. Nice colors. I could've let them go longer but i'm sick of this grow and want to move on. The Sweet tooth is finishing already, with little hard nugget buds, and I still don't know if she's auto or reg. I'm finishing them out at 12/12. Here's the evidence. I'm smoking some of the first right now; burns real well and quite stony. I'm going to go catch up on PB's log. Some beautiful things going on in your houses, keep it green

Attached Files

#82 WeedDude

WeedDude

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hey, folks, this show got canceled due to lack of interest, but the cast wanted to give a final bow. I just harvested Tuesday and yesterday the two pineapples.
The first is dry at 29 grams, which was truly surprising. Every bud was decent. SHe was more sugary than her older sister, and of a fatter nature, but didn't fade out in fall colors like sis. The bigger one is now drying after going through her last throes. Nice colors. I could've let them go longer but i'm sick of this grow and want to move on. The Sweet tooth is finishing already, with little hard nugget buds, and I still don't know if she's auto or reg. I'm finishing them out at 12/12.
Here's the evidence. I'm smoking some of the first right now; burns real well and quite stony.
I'm going to go catch up on PB's log. Some beautiful things going on in your houses, keep it green

Hey GV enjoyed the show. I relocated and had a heck of a time getting my internet connection back up and running. Plus been busy setting up the garden. Got hit with mites and they been a challenge to erraticate !! Thats why I don't like to buy clones. Thank You so much for journaling the grow . Have you seen the new SOL lights from HGL..... Keep it Green

Weed

Edited by WeedDude, 17 May 2013 - 04:24 PM.

• Greenview, plant boy and Scooby like this

#83 panamapam

panamapam

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

green i'm a bit late in posting to your grow. i just finished reading your journal. you sure did a great job on all of your girls. they certainly will be good medicine. be looking for your next grow
  • Greenview, plant boy and Scooby like this

#84 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18335 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

they look sweet,,,,so whats up next?

#85 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

Nice job, GV! Those are some pretty looking plants. What caused you to get sick of this grow? Are you still digging the coco? Anyhow, I look forward to your next grow show. Enjoy the fruits of your labors! -Scoob
  • Greenview and plant boy like this

#86 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

Hey GV enjoyed the show. I relocated and had a heck of a time getting my internet connection back up and running. Plus been busy setting up the garden. Got hit with mites and they been a challenge to erraticate !! Thats why I don't like to buy clones. Thank You so much for journaling the grow . Have you seen the new SOL lights from HGL..... Keep it Green

Weed

Thanks for checking in, Weed, it was an interesting learning run. I also want to move really badly to a bigger place to spread out a bit. Tough deal with the mites, I haven't (knock o wood) had them yet, so thank the good graces. I hope you get rid of em. And, yes, I've seen the new lights, and in fact it's good technology, apparently. There are other high grade LEDs being made the same way. For the moment, i think I've got plenty of light.

green i'm a bit late in posting to your grow. i just finished reading your journal. you sure did a great job on all of your girls. they certainly will be good medicine.
be looking for your next grow

Hey, Pam, I hope the LEDs have been good to you and that you're good'n green yourself.

they look sweet,,,,so whats up next?

Greetings PB, nice to see you; I've been keeping up on all your ladies, and well, I hast coveted my neighbor's cannabis. For me, a break, I think. Work on my own roots and leaves and then go full on with the DNA and Riserva Privada gear once settled. Thanks for stopping in.

Nice job, GV! Those are some pretty looking plants. What caused you to get sick of this grow? Are you still digging the coco? Anyhow, I look forward to your next grow show. Enjoy the fruits of your labors!

-Scoob

Hey, Scoob, thanks fr the gander. Well, I think if they had all gone and flowered at 18/6 or 20/4 as autos should, the buds would have been more compact and bigger with 6-8hrs more of light for the Pineapples and the Diesel Ryder. The Sweet tooth is still going with 12-14 tops all with a good main nugget, but small yeild. They're back at 12 + 12, and they're over three months old. SO I got sick of getting the worst out of the light schedule for each type of plant. Hellish. That and it was the first grow in coco and that was/is a learning curve. There were PH and calmag issues causing lockout so lower yielding plants. Surprisingly, the smaller Pineapple had bigger buds and weighed out at 29 grams, while the bigger plant had wimpier buds, 53gs of them, and while she faded properly and much more than the other, I believe the first is better smoke.
The Sweet tooth is great smelling, almost as good as the Sour Diesel, and the big first one will be done in a week or so. I hope. Maybe two. The buds are compact and not big, but every one is a keeper adn there are a bunch.
The great upside is that I've learned a ton and have all the material ready for a great grow; Autopots, good genetics, the tents and lights and what have you. Aaaand, I just made my second batch of bubble hash. Bought the bags and a bucket and some ice and went to work. This is serious stuff. I have another run to do right now, a quickie. Thanks all for keeping up, gv

#87 WeedDude

WeedDude

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for checking in, Weed, it was an interesting learning run. I also want to move really badly to a bigger place to spread out a bit. Tough deal with the mites, I haven't (knock o wood) had them yet, so thank the good graces. I hope you get rid of em. And, yes, I've seen the new lights, and in fact it's good technology, apparently. There are other high grade LEDs being made the same way. For the moment, i think I've got plenty of light.

Hey, Pam, I hope the LEDs have been good to you and that you're good'n green yourself.

Greetings PB, nice to see you; I've been keeping up on all your ladies, and well, I hast coveted my neighbor's cannabis. For me, a break, I think. Work on my own roots and leaves and then go full on with the DNA and Riserva Privada gear once settled. Thanks for stopping in.

Hey, Scoob, thanks fr the gander. Well, I think if they had all gone and flowered at 18/6 or 20/4 as autos should, the buds would have been more compact and bigger with 6-8hrs more of light for the Pineapples and the Diesel Ryder. The Sweet tooth is still going with 12-14 tops all with a good main nugget, but small yeild. They're back at 12 + 12, and they're over three months old. SO I got sick of getting the worst out of the light schedule for each type of plant. Hellish. That and it was the first grow in coco and that was/is a learning curve. There were PH and calmag issues causing lockout so lower yielding plants. Surprisingly, the smaller Pineapple had bigger buds and weighed out at 29 grams, while the bigger plant had wimpier buds, 53gs of them, and while she faded properly and much more than the other, I believe the first is better smoke.
The Sweet tooth is great smelling, almost as good as the Sour Diesel, and the big first one will be done in a week or so. I hope. Maybe two. The buds are compact and not big, but every one is a keeper adn there are a bunch.
The great upside is that I've learned a ton and have all the material ready for a great grow; Autopots, good genetics, the tents and lights and what have you. Aaaand, I just made my second batof bubble hash. Bought the bags and a bucket and some ice and went to work. This is serious stuff. I have another run to do right now, a quickie. Thanks all for keeping up, gv

Hey GV,

Grew auto's one time Blueberry Diesel cross. It ended up being a boy!! Yeah I only had mites once before somebody gifted me some clones. When I found them promptly removed them from the house. Hit the mites with a product called WIPEOUT. It put a big hurt on them. Just applied a 2nd round which should all but finish them off. I am growing in a larger tent and the 84X's just are not quite enough. I also went from 4 plants to 6 plants... If ya got any pointers please share.... Keep it Green

Weed
  • Greenview and plant boy like this

#88 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18335 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

everyone needs a break sometimes
  • Greenview likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: autos, canna, coco, LED, Airpots, autoflowering

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users