87 replies to this topic

#51 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

They're getting there, taking maybe a long time to start flower, end of week five? Everyone's definitely happier after ph correction, growth is all very healthy and they're drinking well, but they're really barely getting going pistilwise, and still stretching their side branches. Whatever, the bigger before flower the better, no? They love the two lights in there, @350watts of LED in 2x2 area, pretty beefy;) The next morning I was relieved to see a major spurt, no bleaching of leaves in the overlap sections, and the girls on the autopot, even though I have to fill the tray by hand, are loving the bottom feeding and growing much faster than the big two. I think it's the way to go. Faster to correct. And their roots are almost worthy of a picture. Maybe another week before they do it all themselves. I just fed the big girls today by hand and got good runoff; almost a liter for 3 poured through. They were not completely dry but light. Group under new light config yesterday; Attached File  img1192.jpg   425.68KB   17 downloads Little PEA Attached File  img1197.jpg   344.7KB   19 downloadsAttached File  img1198.jpg   335.9KB   19 downloadsAttached File  img1199.jpg   415.34KB   18 downloads Diesel Ryder Attached File  img1202.jpg   419.8KB   17 downloadsAttached File  img1203.jpg   431.19KB   17 downloadsAttached File  img1204.jpg   476.44KB   18 downloads Sweetie T Attached File  img1205.jpg   405.75KB   17 downloadsAttached File  img1207.jpg   429.51KB   16 downloadsAttached File  img1208.jpg   387.58KB   17 downloadsAttached File  img1209.jpg   399.66KB   16 downloads Big PEA Mainstem 17" tall, same width. Square plant. Attached File  img1211.jpg   381.85KB   20 downloadsAttached File  img1212.jpg   457.45KB   19 downloadsAttached File  img1213.jpg   387.04KB   19 downloads

Attached Files

• Desiderata, plant boy and PoeticLife like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18387 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

looking good ,,,,like your floor
  • Greenview and PoeticLife like this

#53 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

looking good ,,,,like your floor

Ah, you have good taste, my man. That floor is a national monument, @ 400 years old. Not allowed to alter it. Whole building, it's pretty crazy.

Photo update. I'll let things speak for themselves, in a sec;)
someone heard my complaint last post and signaled the start of flower in the tent. DR and Big PEA's main tops are fattening and side branches starting to show little clusters of pistils. Fun. The ST is also getting started, a tad behind the others, but tall and healthy. THe little PEA drinking from the bottom is doing great. The DR is a round little plant, in fact, they all would be really pretty big, wide, if they had the room. I'm being ruthless with bottom growth, determined to keep the strongest stems and get some dense buds. I was tempted to supercrop the mainstems on the little pea, ST and big pea, but it makes me too nervous, so they go on unhindered. Here they is.

Og, one question for you who know about bottom feeding. Should I not let the medium dry out completly while they drink from the bottom? Will that kill some roots while she transitions? They seem to wick up some water but one gets lighter than the other. Any input welcome

Attached Files

• plant boy, PoeticLife and Scooby like this

#54 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18387 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

to late to super crop ,,,they look like they are doing just fine,,,,,,those LED's are expensive as hell up in the great white north ,,,,should start feeding those bud sites
  • Tokecrazy, Greenview and Scooby like this

#55 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

to late to super crop ,,,they look like they are doing just fine,,,,,,those LED's are expensive as hell up in the great white north ,,,,should start feeding those bud sites

Phew, PB, thanks fr looking in, good thing you're quick on the draw, or they might be flopped over right now! As it is they're gleeful as all get out and the big pea is starting its top cola. Very cool.
You know, the big light in there is a wholesale unit I got for 250euros, @ 325 american, delivered. @210 watts draw for a 3X3 coverage. Not bad;) It could be in there alone with the girls no problem, I just wanted to max it out a tad. The original HGL is definitely a brighter unit, so I wanted it in there. Those are expensive. I have to say I'm pretty happy with how they've vegged and are starting to flower. The LEDs seem to be powerful enough to grow some vigorous plants. The coco is a HUGE difference compared to my horrible soil growing. Others who use intelligent soil mixes and are tried and true growers certainly have different experiences and better tangible results than I.
Other question, do you mean I should feed the buds somehow more than I am, or that the lights should feed those bud spots, now that they've poked their heads out?
Grownotes. heh. They're doing veeery well so far, I'm frazzled. Lots of freakin' watering, measuring, phing, PPMing, pot shifting, trimming, turning, texting, sexting, candelight dining, cuddling, taking photos with bad intentions, putting them on the internet, waking at 2am and peeking in on, no seriously; this is turning into a full blown relationship. Between you and me and the internet, I need to see other people and the outdoors. Sigh... Every 48hrs, they all drink; with this water at 30mg/l, there's room for good calmag to 350-400, then the A +B take the PPM to 700, and the tiny bit of Rhizo (.5 ml/l), Boost and Enzymes don't register on the stick. We end up still @700ppm, ph 5.8, 5.9.

I do wonder if the Calmag ain't redundant, seeing as how these two part solutions are made to have a good amount of each. I'd have more room for the base nutes. Sunday I'll take some pics of the roots of the girls in the autopots. Nobody has an opinion on whether I can let them bottom feed and no longer hand feed them? Is it harmful that their coco dry out, or will they leach water upwards? I will pay more attention, probably answer the question all by my lonesome.
  • plant boy and Scooby like this

#56 WeedDude

WeedDude

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Well, I happen to like the color, too. A little weird to hang around it all day and then look up at the blue sky and see as yellow! Expensive, well, yeah, this light was 600 clams. You can get knockoffs for a third of that price, so I did that, too;) I've got one of each and the plants seem to like them, tho the original Hydrogro is def a little brighter - probably because better, more expensive LED batch, even if same manufacturer. People who stick with HID for flower still really love the LEDs for veg and seedlings.
200w and 400 watt induction lighting looks pretty amazing, too, but really expensive. Replacement/different spectrum bulbs are around 350bucks! The light 1400 I think with one spectrum bulb. But last 50,000 - 100,000 hours and no heat signature at all, can go right up to the plants. With your space, I think you'd dig that, plus, it's BADASS, PB, cutting edge, and therefore becomes you;)

Hey GV,

Funny thing is I took mine apart same part numbers. I put X2 lens in my original lights they did make a difference. Wonder if they cranked up the power supplys. on the HGL? I know they did tweak them up 15%. on their new model (Grey) I grew the same strain under each light both were clones and produced the same amount of meds. About 6 zips using about 300 watts. Yeah I was looking at induction you can buy just the bulb on the bay for about 2 to 3 hundred dollars (US). I know a grower ISOFASTER on the tube that has used them..
  • Greenview and plant boy like this

#57 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

Hey GV,

Funny thing is I took mine apart same part numbers. I put X2 lens in my original lights they did make a difference. Wonder if they cranked up the power supplys. on the HGL? I know they did tweak them up 15%. on their new model (Grey) I grew the same strain under each light both were clones and produced the same amount of meds. About 6 zips using about 300 watts. Yeah I was looking at induction you can buy just the bulb on the bay for about 2 to 3 hundred dollars (US). I know a grower ISOFASTER on the tube that has used them..

Morning, Weed; I've seen that dude with the four plant scrog in soil 3x3 under just ONE 126X, not even X2 lenses and he killed it! But the added heat bump with the two lights makes the difference and gets them in a sweet spot. These were doing just fine under the 126 alone. My 126 is supposed to have X2 lenses but is less bright than the HGL, who I think worried a bit more about choosing best LED batches. If I stick my head under the lights and look up, they look quite similarly blinding. The plants have no complaints!
Induction looks grand and sweet on the plants, great health for them, low heat and low cost for the grower over time, good power. I'd want to get a 200 watt to start

#58 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18387 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

sounds like they are getting all they need food and light wise,,,,,i get out to shovel the snow,,,,,,lol
  • Greenview likes this

#59 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

Damn, PB, I'd love to have something to shovel. I'll wash my floors; takes all of 8 minutes. Grow notes; wahooga! Big PEA's flowering away with gusto, and DR's starting to and really stretching. Little PEA is the healthiest of the bunch and is starting flower very vigorous, and ST is 2' tall and throwing pistils on all her heads, so exciting. Even more exciting is that I've been up to some mischief. Seeing how the girls on the autopot were getting such a massive boost in health and vigor, and things being real tight in there with each girl being potentially twice as wide as she's allowed to be in her cramped conditions, the lights also crammed together so the girls not benefiting from their best potential of space nor light... so as you've already gathered, the new tent should be here tomorrow, hell maybe tonight (pls, pls!) and an autopot 2pot extension so I can hook big PEA and ST up to it. So, I didn't go too crazy with the new tent, just a 3x3x6'8", which is really all I can do spacewise. I will be able to space the lights better laterally and the two autopot systems, even keep the air pump in there that will run the 4 airdomes, little bubblers that go in the bottom of the pots, creating a space where the roots and antelope frolic. SO, now, potentially, I could go NUTS with these two spaces and all the lights I have laying around. At the very least, while I will show some admirable restraint in coming weeks, I will start to veg 4 DNA/reserva privada girls when the autos are a month from harvest, maybe three weeks from now. The 2 purple wreck as planned, and maybe some holy grail or cataract kush. Grownotes; I will have to flush the big two again, seeing their runoff high again today, and it seems like right before putting them on the pot to learn to bottom feed is a good time for it. Flush out the coco of any leftovers, stock it with calmag and let 'em rip. I'll throw up pics with the new setup. Can't wait. Happy healing, may you be successful in your endeavours.
  • plant boy likes this

#60 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18387 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

more room is always good,,,,even the cave runs out of room now and again
  • Greenview and PoeticLife like this

#61 WeedDude

WeedDude

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Hey, Them ladies are looking GREAT! Got my next round set up. Running 3 strains Kushberry, Medibud and Red Dragon...Life is still interfering with my gardening.......
  • Greenview, plant boy, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#62 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

looking beautiful over there GV!!! am still doubled up laugh at the ... you said "Grownotes. heh. They're doing veeery well so far, I'm frazzled. Lots of freakin' watering, measuring, phing, PPMing, pot shifting, trimming, turning, texting, sexting, candelight dining, cuddling, taking photos with bad intentions, putting them on the internet, waking at 2am and peeking in on, no seriously; this is turning into a full blown relationship. Between you and me and the internet, I need to see other people and the outdoors.
lmao!!! ain't it the truth!!! priceless.. don't ya just love our plant? lol I just went thru major ph swing damage, your girls look vibrant!!

be well & be medicated!
brip & repeat :)
smhug.gif
  • Greenview, plant boy and Scooby like this

#63 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

Hey,

Them ladies are looking GREAT! Got my next round set up. Running 3 strains Kushberry, Medibud and Red Dragon...Life is still interfering with my gardening.......

Thanks, Weed! Those sound like killer strains; I get a juicyfruit image of colors when I think of them together. As for these girls, I'm amazed how good they're looking today. I'm going to try to take some pics in a sec (busted my phone again), because they just hit another speed! I used more base nutes, less calmag and fluff. Basically just A+B, enzymes and tiny rhizo. They definitely heard me;)

looking beautiful over there GV!!! am still doubled up laugh at the ... you said "Grownotes. heh. They're doing veeery well so far, I'm frazzled. Lots of freakin' watering, measuring, phing, PPMing, pot shifting, trimming, turning, texting, sexting, candelight dining, cuddling, taking photos with bad intentions, putting them on the internet, waking at 2am and peeking in on, no seriously; this is turning into a full blown relationship. Between you and me and the internet, I need to see other people and the outdoors.
lmao!!! ain't it the truth!!! priceless.. don't ya just love our plant? lol I just went thru major ph swing damage, your girls look vibrant!!

be well & be medicated!
brip & repeat :)
smhug.gif

I KNOW, Poet, talk about high maintenance! Actually, just an illusion, because they seem to do better when I leave them alone for a good block of hours at a time. That said, the aforementioned PH is still elusive and I've got to flush the big two, especially big ST, today with 18 liters of ph'd water each... phew. Better than lousy yield, though! Here comes that brrrip!;)

#64 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18387 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

more pictures please
  • Greenview and Scooby like this

#65 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

more pictures please

As ordered;) Took these pics with my video cam as my phone karma has not yet changed. Better resolution, different color. But, BEHOLD! New space.
Attached File  dsc00303.jpg   55.75KB   7 downloadsAttached File  dsc00305.jpg   59.63KB   8 downloadsAttached File  dsc00307.jpg   61.43KB   11 downloads
Grownotes: Flush went great, but there's an unrelated, major wobble; I'd heard about the Barney's auto sweet tooth needing 12/12 to flower, in other words not being auto, and after 6 weeks, and plenty of preflowers, I have to agree. So I cut the lights last night for the first day of 12/12. I think I'll go a week or two like that or maybe until the end. Have to read up on what others have done. I could flower out the ones that flower under 18/6 and run the Sweet tooth at 12/12 after with 2 purple wreck... dunno. They're already 2 foot tall. Erg.

Anyway, when the two on the left start to bottom feed, look out! I filled their pan by hand, 3 liters, and they already had roots poking out the bottom, so it won't be long until they hit paydirt. I think also with the new tent I'm getting better temps. It's definitely better, heavier material than the 2x2. It's a DR90 if anyone wanted to know. And I got the reflective bottom tray for some reason, which we all thought had been discontinued. I think it's participating in the temp rise.

All right, then. May you all be happy and free, and healthy, while we're at it.

Attached Files

#66 WeedDude

WeedDude

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

Hi GV, Those little ladies are looking nice and healthy. Thank You for the eye candy. Nice tent love the Secret Jardin. can't go wrong there. It is what I have used for the past few years. Bottom feeding is interesting check the Tube for a Mr.Paka he was doing a experiment with bottom feeding. Interesting on the auto's I heard of that happening before. Might be that the gene is dominant in that phenom. Keep it green my friend.

#67 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18387 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh i feel better already,,,,lol ,,,going to have room for another bigger pot?

#68 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

Hi GV, Those little ladies are looking nice and healthy. Thank You for the eye candy. Nice tent love the Secret Jardin. can't go wrong there. It is what I have used for the past few years. Bottom feeding is interesting check the Tube for a Mr.Paka he was doing a experiment with bottom feeding. Interesting on the auto's I heard of that happening before. Might be that the gene is dominant in that phenom. Keep it green my friend.

Thanks for the link, Weed; I have to say, you've been a source of some great info. I'm lucky to have someone around here with a similar setup!
yep, I may end up running these at 12/12, what the hey.

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh i feel better already,,,,lol ,,,going to have room for another bigger pot?

Hey, PB, yeah, that tent is larger than I imagined! I can't turn my head in my apartment and NOT see it. So definitely some room for bigger happenings;)

#69 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Photo update. I tied town the two ST tops and put them on the same pot in case they react to nutes differently than the DR and PEA that are farther along in flower. It's making a sog on one side and two christmas trees on the other. Just one question. DR and PEA look to have finished stretch, at least PEA. Is it time for a PK13/14 boost? Pea is now the smallest plant at just 25-26inches. The DR had 10 internodes at 1" or less and then BAM, two or three 5-6". Be well all, gv

Attached Files

• plant boy, Zoot and Scooby like this

#70 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationGreat Lakes Region

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

Your girls are looking great, leaves all erect reaching for the light, perfect.

#71 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18387 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

looking great,,,,,won't be to long now

#72 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hey GV- Happy Friday! Man, I was just looking at your pics and was super impressed with how quickly things have blown up in your tent. It looks great in there. I had a slight stoner moment as I was trying to figure out how you got to this point so fast. I mean, we started our coco grows at just about the same time, right? Then I realized, duh... you're working with Autos...lol. Anyhow, it looks like you're hitting a home run. Gots to love da coco, eh? I know I do...other than the rinsing and buffering part. Everything else is very mellow and easy breezy. Looks like your plants are digging it, too. I'm sure they're also appreciating all the new space with the upgraded tent. Good stuff, for sure. Keep up the great work and may they give you a great finish before too long! -Scoob
  • Greenview likes this

#73 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

Hey GV-

Happy Friday! Man, I was just looking at your pics and was super impressed with how quickly things have blown up in your tent. It looks great in there. I had a slight stoner moment as I was trying to figure out how you got to this point so fast. I mean, we started our coco grows at just about the same time, right? Then I realized, duh... you're working with Autos...lol. Anyhow, it looks like you're hitting a home run. Gots to love da coco, eh? I know I do...other than the rinsing and buffering part. Everything else is very mellow and easy breezy. Looks like your plants are digging it, too. I'm sure they're also appreciating all the new space with the upgraded tent. Good stuff, for sure. Keep up the great work and may they give you a great finish before too long!

-Scoob

Hey, Scoob; and a happy Friday to you, and all the family ! A week later, in stoner style. I've been totally taken aback myself by the growth in there. I did blast them with nutes pretty early.
And I did screw up pretty good recently. I left them for four days with a good top soaking and filled bottom trays. They sat in that water for too long and I didn't think to change it right away, only yesterday did it. Result? No burning, but major stretch. I guess they just drank water and no nutes for the last week or so, upping the ph of the stuff they were sitting in. Anyhoo, back on track with a trim and fresh nutes.
The other disappointment is the 12/12 light regimen. I've been on it a full 2 weeks and everybody's flowering well now, but I'd like to add a couple of hours here and there if the Sweet Tooth will let me get away with it to bulk up the pineapple and DR, who smells like CANDY. Honestly. I've never smelled that before. The pineapple, that actually smells like pineapple, calyxes are big and fuzzy with trichomes, at the top of the cola. Still pretty airy buds for the moment.
Here're some pics. Fooled with the camera settings a bit. It's a jungle in there.

Attached Files

#74 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

Hello, hello, hello!? Is there anybody out there? Ahhhhhh... etc. You guys know the wall. Anyway; I'm having fun or something like it, taking care of these girls with their long necks. A shame to see them all stretched out like they are, but the smell in there is a real tonic. I wish I could just rub some buds on my face before going to work as an aftershave. But I don't shave that much... and work, well, I have a certain ethic. More weird colored pics. Grow notes; they're all getting a little pk hit, and also I realized that I had dropped the calmag as an experiment, just using the A+B and addons, and that's when they went for the roof. I think they got a massive dose of N at the beginning of flower and set them back some. Looking back at the journal, the only memory I have of the last two months, I see they were more compact going in to the calmag change. Then same time was 12/12. So. There you have it. So this feeding, I added the calmag back in at a lower dosage and I think they dug it. 800 ppm total. 2.5-3 calmag+N. The reason I dropped it is because it's in the Canna A+B already, and the reason for which they're separated. Next time I'll go that way from the start and watch closely. Anyhoo. The feed in the trays was at 6.2 so I took it out and will work up a new bottom feed right now. Today I hand fed nutes at the above ratios, just 1-2 liters each using a good bit of enzymes to keep things clean. The good thing about the trays is that the ST are more nute sensitive and at the same stage of flower get fed together from the bottom, and the Pineapple and Diesel are farther along and wanting more nutes. For the Mutual of Omaha, this is the guy with the really white hair. Signing off.

Attached Files

#75 WeedDude

WeedDude

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Hey GV looking mighty fine! Just getting setup here in a 5 x 5.Did a repot from solo cup to hydro sysyem. They recovered nicely from the initial shock. Had some ventilation issues which now have been corrected. Have a extemely slow internet connection. Waiting on telco company to correct it. Interesting on the cal mag great information. Going to feed one more round then switch to 12 /12!
  • Greenview and plant boy like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: autos, canna, coco, LED, Airpots, autoflowering

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users