Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

do they flower it out well,,,,thinking of adding more light in the flower side

From what I've seen around, they do, PB
Here's a link from a google search on "induction lighting for indoor growing"; these are actually reasonably priced. http://indagrow.com/store I can't vouch for anything at all, but I find them interesting as hell. cheers, all. Here's a timelapse ace of spades grow under induction. Veeery nice flowering.

Edited by Greenview, 20 February 2013 - 09:58 AM.

• plant boy likes this

#28 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Ok, it's been a remarkable few days not having posted a pic since repot. The LED is at 19" from tops and covers all four bigger plants. Still 24hr light until Sunday night, when they go in the tent and get their first 4-6hrs of sleep. Haven't decided yet. And Janet will go in the closet for a few days of dark. Got me some very good cheese that seeded up at the very end of flower. The poor grower, whom I know, was tearing his hair out. Happened the last WEEK. Very good smoke. Bonghead, I understand your taste for this, mmm. So these girls just got their first feeding after repot. I went real light on nutes and on the watering itself, because there's some evidence on leaf tips of burn/overwater. Dammit, Autos, have to remember. Their inner branches are starting to fill out and Sunday feb 24 will be three weeks for the bigger three, so in theory we could have some flowering beginning somewhere next week. Last time, as soon as I gave them some darkness they went for it immediately. Here's a walk-in and walk back out. Oh, also repotted little wing there in maybe a 1 liter pot and I think she'll stay there for experiment's sake. May you all be happy and free, gv

Attached Files

Edited by Greenview, 21 February 2013 - 01:37 PM.

• plant boy and Scooby like this

#29 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

The kids are looking good, GV. Looks like they've taken to the Coco just fine. This Coco stuff is groovy, isn't it? I like the fact that the plants get fed every time you give them water. Makes things happen so much faster. I'll be following your lead soon and doing some up-potting of the kids. I'm waiting for the growth to slow down before I do it, though. Shouldn't be too much longer. Well, keep up the great work, bro. Good karma to you on this one! -Scoobers
  • Greenview and plant boy like this

#30 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18329 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

sometimes they don't need to be in big pots and they will still flower out
  • Greenview and Scooby like this

#31 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

The kids are looking good, GV. Looks like they've taken to the Coco just fine. This Coco stuff is groovy, isn't it? I like the fact that the plants get fed every time you give them water. Makes things happen so much faster. I'll be following your lead soon and doing some up-potting of the kids. I'm waiting for the growth to slow down before I do it, though. Shouldn't be too much longer. Well, keep up the great work, bro. Good karma to you on this one!

-Scoobers

Thanks, Scoob; it's good to see you, fun to be walking parallel coco trails;) I'm excited to see you and toke work with photos. I can follow your nute and uppot template for the following grow;) Yessir, I really have seen a difference between coco and soil just in this short lived grow. I've seen it do wild, hydrolike things in many journals, like you pointed out, and it is so much more exciting.

sometimes they don't need to be in big pots and they will still flower out

Hello, PlantBoy, I'm banking on it;) No, actually just curious how much she'll do, if anything. And what she IS, pineapple or sweettooth.
The rest is just me journaling so you can skip it if you like. **I think I prepped the coco a little hot for autos, but the girls really took off today. Might've taken this long to root after repot, or ... the only other difference is the nutes they got yesterday, so yeah, they're really sensitive and react like nuts. I thought also it may be the start of stretch for flower coming up to the three week mark, but the one five days behind is doing the same dance, so go nutes;). Right now I am SOOO ready to have three different strains in there all flowering at once...sigh.**
Budding problem- The Diesel Ryder is a bit yellower than the rest, and its cotelydons are yellowing off faster than the others so maybe actually needing N. A problem I've always had with autos is their bottom leaves wilting, yellowing tips in and dying off. It may be overwater, it may be the extra Calmag autos, coco and LEDs apparently need. They're all growing like mad, so no worries, but I'll stick up a pic so you can see. Could it be the bit of epsom salts dissolved in the foliar feed burning it? Is there a maximum frequency for that? Actually, now that I've taken pics, I see that all the older ones have that burning, turning down and dying off starting. SO opinions welcome;)

Attached Files

#32 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18329 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

the autos throw off the bottom leaves fast as the turn so fast,good luck on the multi strain flowering,,,,,they may not finish @ the same time
  • Greenview likes this

#33 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

Thanks PB, that's reassuring;) SO I just watered with a very light nute solution, a little over a liter each; @550ppm, 5.8 ph and noticed the runoff was at 6.2-6.4ph, so I have to correct that, and it's probably the reason the lower leaves are burning. No worries, they look really vigorous and are soaking up the nutes and light happily, growing away. Another doubt; Kitty had kindly advised that autos should be potted very early into their bigger pots, and I read the post only yesterday. I hope two weeks in their cups was not one too long. The big three are about 5 inches tall at 3 weeks with excellent side branching and at their 6th leaf set. That's a lot of stats. I hope they don't start flower for another week, and will keep them at 24hrs until then even if they go in the tent tonight, which they will, Janet's going dark;) I transferred my temp/rh meter in there and after feeding, they're at 82f and 72rh, jungle-like;) The rh'll drop to 50 over the next couple of days, but it's nice to see where we are without guesswork. I'll hold off on photos until there's some real news. Great day to you all in your jungle caves, treat the ladies right and you'll be kindly rewarded, that goes for the plants, too. BisousBisous, gv

#34 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Okidoki, after flush pics, but under the LEDs hard to see. I don't yet know how they're taking to it. Their runoff a few days ago was 6.4 in the highest case, for most around 6.3-6.2. I got them all down to 6.1, but man was it a lot of phd/nuted water to pour and the death pf yet another ph pen in the middle. SO I had to get back to it today with a new pen. I drained all the girls really well before putting them back in the tent, and now we'll see. The girls who got flushed yesterday are happy, everybody's growing and looking vigorous, but there was more burning than I would have liked. Attached File  img1113.jpg   481.78KB   5 downloadsAttached File  img1114.jpg   478.4KB   4 downloadsAttached File  img1115.jpg   517.23KB   2 downloadsAttached File  img1116.jpg   544.77KB   2 downloadsAttached File  img1117.jpg   541.24KB   2 downloadsAttached File  img1118.jpg   493.11KB   3 downloadsAttached File  img1119.jpg   506.48KB   4 downloads I bought an autopot system at my local hydro store and mixed today's flush water, about 25 liters, in the 47 liter tank. Cool. But now we're just sittin' back and soaking up the uh, spectrum. I also fixed an age old cunundrum about how to set up my scrog in that tiny 2x2 tent. Well, bungee chords were the answer. 2 for 3euros. Perfect size. I can slide them up and down the tent poles no prob and it's nice and tight. The "net" is actually a shoe basket bottom that came with rollers. I saw it one day walking through a bazaar, (yep, got those around here) and saw it might be useful. 'Tis. Here're some pics of it all... at the moment, I'm thinking of putting two of them right on the autopot, as their 6 liter airpots fit it, and observing how much better they do. Voili, voilou.

Attached Files

• plant boy likes this

#35 masterblaster

masterblaster

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

great grow
  • Greenview, plant boy and Scooby like this

#36 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Thanks, mb. Take note; first pistils for the big Pineapple Express, at 25 days from seed. Under 24hr light. We are officially in flower again;) The Diesel Ryder that popped later the same day as the PE was the worst hit by the incorrect ph, so I'm hoping/expecting she wait until next week when she's back on top and a tad taller. They're almost at four weeks and light switch to 18/6, 9" tall, great side branching, and the SweetTooth is about a day away from her first pistils looks like, though again, I wouldn't mind if she held off an inch or two more. I just gave them some foliar N + calmag as they were fading a tad after the flush. Water maybe tomorrow night, next day. May set up the autopot, though have two visits from folks needing to look at the pipes in the apartment Monday and then two weeks later. I don't know how exactly I'm going to hide the girls for two five minute spells, though I've got a new 2wx3.5lx4.5h place hollowed out that will actually serve as the new veg spot and should I still be here in three weeks, I'll get it going. I may actually just take a bunch of pictures of the pipes and leave them for them.

#37 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18329 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

more picture please i love the purple and pink light

#38 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Here you go, PB;) Some of those hues just for youse. Grow notes; I took out the smaller light and dropped the big one to 18" to make up for some intensity, thinking maybe they were frying from too big a dose of spectrum, so we'll see how they do for a day or two. Temps and rh are right, surprisingly, so we'll ride the wave. Tmrw 4weeks;) light change to 18/6. forgot to drink coffee today and my head is killing me. Talk about addictive drugs... my hair hurts. Side branching on the bigger ones is out into the light for the most part. Mixed feed tonight for tomorrow; added first tad of Canna Boost @ 1ml liter, dropped Rhizo. Have to mix in the am for ph and 550-600ppm. And excited to see what the Boost'll produce. Be well all, 'night

Attached Files

Edited by Greenview, 01 March 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#39 JBlaze

JBlaze

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationThe Garden of Blazen

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

Looking groovy GV! ill be keeping a close eye on this one as I just got my led as you know. I do have a question, Is It a bad idea to put seedlings directly under LED lighting? keep it up GV ps loving how lush and dense they are looking

Edited by jblaze28, 02 March 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#40 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

Looking groovy GV! ill be keeping a close eye on this one as I just got my led as you know. I do have a question, Is It a bad idea to put seedlings directly under LED lighting? keep it up GV ps loving how lush and dense they are looking

Hey, JB, you might want to keep them under cfl for a week and then start at 36" first day LED then down to 18-24". I suppose you can judge by their stretch what light distance is best;)

#41 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18329 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh i feel better now ,,,,,go get some coffee dude

#42 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh i feel better now ,,,,,go get some coffee dude

Lol, done! Needed it, too, PB, my jaw was scraping the floor as I walked.

Grow notes; yesterday, DR and ST, at 27 and 26 days from seed respectively, put out their first preflowers;)
I fed them two days ago and must've hit the sweet spot, ph and nutewise, because they went nuts! This is more like the coco growing I've seen in other journals with healthy plants.
A few nute notes (read to self in french accent, for full expérience); I'm making très sure to ph the nute water and let it sit for a good while before watering, revérifier le ph, which has often risen a couple of points, and reph down and leave alone again 'til stabilisé @ 5.7. I added calmag 1st, at 1.5ml par litre, and curieux, checked ppms and I was déjà at 500. Meeerde, that explained a lot. So I left out the Rhizo, following the example of some great Canna growers out there, and just added 1ml liter A+B and 1ml/ltr Canna Boost this time or 1/4 de dose, Enzymes at .5ml/ltr and that's that. Except it wasn't. Ppm 1000-1100. Saloooope. Ok, mix at 50/50 with new water ppms perfect at @550, more ph more laissez-faire, then revérifier ph and finally water.
Whole lotta sweat, whole lotta payoff.
I have to say that even beside their renewed vigor, they've stretched a lot in the last two days; I think one, it's just that time for preflower stretch, two, they're diggin the Boost, three, making having the right temps and humidity with less light intensity is doing them some good, no new burns. If I didn't have people sticking their noses in my apartment tomorrow morning, and maybe again two weeks from now, I'd put them in scrog right away.
AS it is, when I heard these folks were coming to look at lead pipes, I had a slight parono reaction, like, they can smell it, and now they want to see the insides of people's apartments, and hello USA! DO not pass go, do not collect your stuff. Sight downside. Then, I relaxed and figured out if it was doable or not, and it looks like it is, so I'm going for it pretty confidently. I know where all the stuff, pipes, etc, they need to see are, and I'll have them out in 2 minutes. The girls will be well-hidden, and the bouquet of smells that awaits these folks is well, daunting. I challenge even myself to distinguish a plant smell through that olfactory stew. Plus, it's morning, and I'm a morning dude, bright and shiny. Unless they bring the police. Then my legs go out and game's over.

And, while on a cleaning/reorganizing purge through every inch of every cupboard of my apartment, I came upon a 100ml bottle of Atami Bloombastic I'd bought on one of my first runs to the hydro store and forgot about. Anybody out there use this stuff?

Happy healing everybody, thanks for stopping in.

Attached Files

Edited by Greenview, 03 March 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#43 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18329 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

they are looking healthy,,,,autos will go into flower with out the light cycle change

#44 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Hey, good GP, just want to say again what a great place this is, what a gem among the base crap that's out there, and I appreciate you all who make it so. Well, I need to flush my girls to correct ph once and for all, I hope, and I've got 50 liters of phd Calmag/nuted water prepped for the last 24hrs, but they're still a good day and a half away from needing a new fix. Then it occurred to me maybe it's ok they're not hungry and I can flush right away? I know their soil is still higher ph than it should be, even if I get runoff in the 6.2, 6.1, going in it's 5.8 max, so I shoulda thought of this before. Since all their new growth is very green and happy and everyone's reaching for the sky, there's the possibility of waiting until lights on tomorrow, in 20 hours from now and running them through then. Since I've taken out the other light they've stretched quite a bit. Could be coincidence, timing, I know there's the preflower stretch, but their internode space worries me a tad. The bigger PE and ST were at 15" from the light and top leaves starting to protect themselves, so I moved the light a couple of inches up. I'm thinking of throwing the other LED back in there and seeing if that slows them down some. Otherwise, they're really going for it at the moment and their new growth is so sweet, I hesitate to change anything. Besides, that light is already plus size for that space, they're greener and they're all covered, though it's getting crowded in there. I know I see more deficiency when the plants get asked to photosynthesize more, so I think I'll wait until full flower and until their ph is corrected completely, so they don't get a nasty jolt. Here're some pics from 2 days ago after a feeding and the best supercrop I never wanted to perform, and some from an hour ago. Big Dif. March 4 - Attached File  img1143.jpg   82.61KB   6 downloadsAttached File  img1145.jpg   131.94KB   7 downloadsAttached File  img1146.jpg   117.22KB   7 downloadsAttached File  img1147.jpg   104.08KB   7 downloads March 6 -Zee rest of photos. added another fan down low on the airpots to help with drying now that they're "sleeping" six hrs a day. This is third day of 18/6. The latest thought to pop up and rear its curious head is the idea of taking the little girl out, and maybe the DR, and putting 'em under the other LED in the autopot to get used to it. That could be fun. I only planned to have three plants in there, and it looks like they might get bigger than expected. The DR's putting out pistils, now too. The PE's neck is pretty flexible, so I think about scrog. The side branching on all is getting consequential, and I'd love to clean up the bottom and harmonize the top. But, oh yeah, why I can't is because I think two plants max for scrog in there, so I can reach their pots to water! Must remember to think things through... or maybe just a lot less. Have a good day folks, Lighting up a j of some G13 Haze from the Dam to go read your threads;) One of the absolute smoothest smokes I know, and instantly recognizable, unless this's something else.

Attached Files

#45 WeedDude

WeedDude

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hey GV ! Hopping on board....
  • Greenview, plant boy and Scooby like this

#46 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

Great journal entry GV! Totally entertaining...and your girls are looking good, man. Right on!

#47 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Hey GV ! Hopping on board....

Weed! So good you got here, my broo. Eyep, this one's a doozy. A Cococoaster. the 126 is doing a great job over the five of them, but I think the littlest one's going, so they'll be four. For the moment, to get my temps and rh, I have to leave the extractor off. I get 81-83 and 65% humidity, as for the moment it's usually damp somewhere in there. Lots of air circ. But, later in flower, when I assume they'll be a tad bigger, I'll add the other light and start the extractor. Humidity goes down to 45, same temps, light intensity goes up, and it's #@its and giggles for all.

Great journal entry GV! Totally entertaining...and your girls are looking good, man. Right on!

Thanks man, igualmente, you know I'm on your thread like fake butter grease on your pants from movie popcorn that time when you forgot the knapkins but were too comfortable to get back up. You know that in Europe they don't have the hot grease dispensers at the movies? They give you this chemically treated, very dry and salty, barely warm popcorn, and you have to bring a stick of sweet butter and a lighter.

Grownotes;
I finished flushing the DR and the little PE, which is showing preflowers today, though they're still waiting on the final touch of nutes. I've prepped 24 liters, a little more than five gallons, ph downing with apple cider vinegar, which I have to say is very effective and inexpensive. SO they're finally all in a better place with the PH, and it looks like I'm taking the little one out of the tent and maybe gonna put her down. Maybe.
SO now I'm going to feed the DR and PE and look into putting two of them, the smaller ones, on the autopot in the back of the tent, and leave the two biggies foraward for handwater. What the hell, eh?
I promise to take pictures of each in normal crappy light in the tub. And the final setup with autopot. abrazos a todos, gv

Edited by Greenview, 07 March 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#48 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18329 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

they look so cool in the purple hue

#49 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

Hello folks, photo update as promised. New setup; DR and little PE in autopot, photos of each in crappy light as promised. First pic is mar 7, 1 day after flush and into autopots for little two. Attached File  img1166.jpg   530.4KB   4 downloads Then March 9, today. Attached File  img1173.jpg   520.94KB   6 downloads The girls I put in the autopot I handwatered until runoff filled their tray. They didn't touch it for a day, and then drank it down oernight. Cool. But their roots aren't yet long enough to empty their tray completely, so I filled it again. Took some low growth from each; good cloning material, too bad autos. Auto ST, 33 days from seed. Attached File  img1174.jpg   320.8KB   6 downloadsAttached File  img1175.jpg   330.5KB   7 downloadsAttached File  img1176.jpg   382.63KB   6 downloads Auto PE 34 days Attached File  img1177.jpg   296.71KB   6 downloadsAttached File  img1178.jpg   328.97KB   5 downloadsAttached File  img1179.jpg   355.27KB   4 downloadsAttached File  img1181.jpg   303.61KB   5 downloads Diesel Ryder 34 days. Definitely recovering. Attached File  img1183.jpg   344.6KB   5 downloadsAttached File  img1184.jpg   423.26KB   6 downloadsAttached File  img1185.jpg   391.64KB   6 downloads Little PE 29 days? quite healthy. This one suffered bad ph like the rest, but not the initial seedling trauma the others got. Attached File  img1186.jpg   302.36KB   5 downloadsAttached File  img1187.jpg   380.68KB   5 downloadsAttached File  img1188.jpg   358.51KB   6 downloads Here's the tent as it stands with the reservoir 47 liters, on its right. Only ten liters in now. Attached File  img1189.jpg   331.77KB   4 downloads Lastly, I added the 84LED so we're back to Janet configuration. Extractor is on continuously and humidity is down again, temps pretty high. I may raise the lights to 24" until I see they're happy. Can't wait until they drink from the autopot on their own, the DR and little PE. Have fun, happy healthy healing homies

#50 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18329 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

since they are autos won't be long now til there are bud sites everywhere

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: autos, canna, coco, LED, Airpots, autoflowering

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users