87 replies to this topic

#1 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

Morning GP! I had to discipline myself to start this thread as I've started polluting every post with information about it... Janet's still hogging the tent for another week or so, so I've set up my closet for 24hr veg in the meantime. Here's what's gone on thus far:

Dropped 1 Diesel Ryder, 1 Barney's Sweet Tooth, 1 Pineapple chunk, all feminized autos, into 25cl cups of tapwater with a drop of formulex, then put the cups under/near a radiator that heats from the top so not much heat on cups at all. Received 50l Canna Coco plus, Perlite, coco pellets for seedlings, Canna nutes, and a heating pad, all but the Cannaboost for the moment.
After 24hrs, Diesel Ryder had tail, then 36hrs, they all had basically cracked and went into little coco pellets that swell to the size of a good, dried 2/3gram bud. Stuck the seeds in their respective coco puffs, moistened with 5.8 water with 1ml per liter formulex and back in their cups, now with drainage holes poked in sides near bottom, surrounded by 50/50 Coco/perlite, all perlite on bottom.
Next day, Feb 3 Diesel Ryder was up in morning, Pineapple in evening.
Feb 4, Sweet Tooth is born. Everybody is up and now under 125w Blue cfl until they go in the tent and under LED in a week or so. They are in the propagator on the heatpad, and I've just taken off the dome, keeping the light at 18" away to see how they do with it. Am going to add .5ml/l calmag to their spoonings.
So that's the deal up to now. Here's my intention.
They will spend one week or so under 24hrs cfl for a little stretchy-poo, then over to the tent under the LED for 18-20hr light for 60days give or take, prolly. Near the end of which they will be joined by a couple of vegging RiservaPrivada Purple Wreck who will take it from there;)
VoilĂ , voilou. Here are the pics.

A few questions I have at the moment; how much to feed the seedlings, how moist to keep them in coco, and is it too soon for bare light, and should they stay under the dome a bit longer?
I'm sure I forgot much. Anyhoo, glad to have things moving along;)
Have a great day, happy healing

Attached Files

• plant boy, teddys head, HD96 and 3 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

all the best on this run Gv :oldhippy:

i did a sweet tooth many moons ago will run it again,good toke rasta.nana.gif

Health and happiness
  • Greenview, plant boy, HD96 and 2 others like this

#3 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

hey, ted's, good to see youse; yep, i'm a fan of the sweet tooth. I've heard the Barney's auto Sweets have had some problems autoflowering, we shall see. Also the Pineapple strain is actually Pineapple express, not Pineappe Chunk, my bad!
  • plant boy, teddys head, HD96 and 1 other like this

#4 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

i've did the pineapple express as well as PB and i think Poet also :fly:

great yielder but can't support her own side arms lots of bondage was needed lol :D

Health and happiness
  • Greenview, plant boy, HD96 and 1 other like this

#5 esinohio

esinohio

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Can't wait to see these babies grow. Keep those pictures coming! :kewl pics:
  • Greenview, plant boy, teddys head and 1 other like this

#6 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

i've did the pineapple express as well as PB and i think Poet also :fly:

great yielder but can't support her own side arms lots of bondage was needed lol :D

Health and happiness

I've been reading some strain reviews and the Pineapple Express seems well-liked; happy to hear it can be a good yielder;) What HASn't Plant Boy done;) i didn't know you and Poet had run them, and i'm pretty sure Zoot just finished his, but are they Barney's? I hope so, they're frigging gargeous. Have to take another look. Also the Diesel Ryder gets some rave reviews for an auto, LR2 x soma's NYC Diesel, decent genetics;). The Sweet Tooth is supposed to be really much bigger than the others, they say up to 200 grams, chortle, snort. Again, time and phenos will tell. I should've at least popped a couple of each and chose the best ideally, right? I'm excited to have three different strains going that i like and am interested in. `

Can't wait to see these babies grow. Keep those pictures coming! :kewl pics:

Will do! And you the same, Esin. You seem to be doing great over there;) I'll stop in and check out your girls. I'm interested in seeing how the coco does vs soil, yippee!
  • plant boy, teddys head and Scooby like this

#7 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

A few questions I have at the moment; how much to feed the seedlings, how moist to keep them in coco, and is it too soon for bare light, and should they stay under the dome a bit longer?
I'm sure I forgot much. Anyhoo, glad to have things moving along;)
Have a great day, happy healing

Per Toke's instructions, I fed my Coco seedlings 150 ppm's of Cal-Mag in RO water. I water them until the water comes out the bottom of the pot and let them go for about 2 days. That's how long it seems to take for them to dry up. I also had them under the light of a 4 bulb 2 foot T-5 lamp as soon as they broke the surface of the Coco. I had it about 18 inches above them and moved it down to 9 inches after 2 days passed. Hope that helps!
  • Greenview, plant boy, teddys head and 2 others like this

#8 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

Per Toke's instructions, I fed my Coco seedlings 150 ppm's of Cal-Mag in RO water. I water them until the water comes out the bottom of the pot and let them go for about 2 days. That's how long it seems to take for them to dry up. I also had them under the light of a 4 bulb 2 foot T-5 lamp as soon as they broke the surface of the Coco. I had it about 18 inches above them and moved it down to 9 inches after 2 days passed. Hope that helps!

Thanks, Scoob, it does help a lot! Toke's A Flame is sick, you've got a lot to look forward to, dawg. As per these beans, I've already made a couple of newb mistakes, like leaving them under the dome much too long after popping and on the heat pad all night. The soil was pretty steamed, me and the plants, too, and leaves were super waterlogged at 5h30, when I got up, so the dome's off. So they're getting a late start, no biggie, I hope. You've got yours in 4x4 pots, Scoob? You're going to uppot at least once more; as these are autos, I may wait until they make a decent root structure in these cups and then put them directly into their 6 liter airpots.
Anyhow, I've added at tad of Calmag as per your instructions, and staying with formulex for the moment. Also note to self to remember and adjust nutes for the autos. I will water as you say, until water comes out the bottom, when they've dried out another day.
(this is where you get unnecessarily drawn into my ADD thought process, skip to ** if that puffs you up, as we say in francais.) Hope I didn't do them irreparable harm with that last screw up.... I could easily just throw a few more in plugs, being a little more careful to prep the coco with calmag etc. Ohhh, so tempting. 2 more Sweet Tooth, 1 more PExpr, just in case? Worst case scenario I run six little autos. I've seen them stay really small under LED, don't know if that'll be the case in coco. OK 1 more of ST and PE. Basta. I'm going with the Diesel as is. Only two more of those beans left. ** So, after careful consideration, judicial review, and consulttion with a Higher Power, I'm going to throw another sweet tooth and another pineapple express inot the mix. To take up any slack, you understand?

...Stoned on uncured Afghan while writing. Very physical head stone even without any amber. Meet gv on Early Janet. Gonna go pop me some beans;)
  • plant boy, HD96, Scooby and 1 other like this

#9 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18335 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

OK pulling up my chair,,,,,want to see the pineapple express grow
  • Greenview, HD96, Scooby and 1 other like this

#10 EektheGrey

EektheGrey

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

Hey Greenview, I couldn't help but pop in. Your Auto's caught my eye. I have final results off of the Auto Af Jack's I just harvested, out of three plants I got about 2.5 Oz (not too good). I think I should have got about 1.5 oz per, but I did end up in the average range of the packaging instructions. However They came out taller. My second round with these same seeds, is going a bit better with the stretch, due to the LST. I let them stretch a bit under cfl, and then added the LST. so the nodes are about an inch wide, and pulled down sideways, and all them nodes are creating a crown of budsites. I have also heard that about the SweetTooth, If after two weeks when the others are clearly into flower, it is still not flowering, try switching to 12/12. If you want I can toss ya a link. If you can Keep them under veg light for abourt three 3-4 weeks, then they will be showing sex about that time. then switch to flowering lights. Start with 1/4 nutes after the fourth set of leaves, then increase, you probably will only need to go 3/4 strength with the auto's. But use your best judgement. Be careful as well, auto's are pretty finicky over PH. Although in soil, they are very comfortable. Just my two cents. :party time: I am in, will be checkin' it all out as you go my friend. bfn, Eek
  • Greenview, plant boy and Scooby like this

#11 ISO2BWELL

ISO2BWELL

Honored Retired Staff + (AKA: Sir ISO Goodnstoned)

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3183 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Not sure about Pineapple Express, but the Pineapple Chunk from Barney's Farm is superb bud...just be sure to have some serious ventilation and odor control if ya grow it...smells like hot buttered popcorn and just reeks up the entire grow space.. :aaargh:
  • Greenview, plant boy and Scooby like this

#12 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

OK pulling up my chair,,,,,want to see the pineapple express grow

PB, I am honored at your presence, and a little scared you're going to lose patience and yell at me when you see all the stuff I do wrong;) Welcome, seeing the colors Zoot got on his, under LED they could be pretty out of hand, I'm hoping.

Hey Greenview,

I couldn't help but pop in. Your Auto's caught my eye.

I have final results off of the Auto Af Jack's I just harvested, out of three plants I got about 2.5 Oz (not too good). I think I should have got about 1.5 oz per, but I did end up in the average range of the packaging instructions. However They came out taller. My second round with these same seeds, is going a bit better with the stretch, due to the LST. I let them stretch a bit under cfl, and then added the LST. so the nodes are about an inch wide, and pulled down sideways, and all them nodes are creating a crown of budsites.

I have also heard that about the SweetTooth, If after two weeks when the others are clearly into flower, it is still not flowering, try switching to 12/12. If you want I can toss ya a link.

If you can Keep them under veg light for abourt three 3-4 weeks, then they will be showing sex about that time. then switch to flowering lights. Start with 1/4 nutes after the fourth set of leaves, then increase, you probably will only need to go 3/4 strength with the auto's. But use your best judgement. Be careful as well, auto's are pretty finicky over PH. Although in soil, they are very comfortable. Just my two cents.

:party time: I am in, will be checkin' it all out as you go my friend.

bfn,

Eek

EEEK! Good to have your eye on things, my friend, and your auto know-how. And your two cents, for that matter, as I keep giving everyone else mine ;)

Not sure about Pineapple Express, but the Pineapple Chunk from Barney's Farm is
superb bud...just be sure to have some serious ventilation and odor control if ya
grow it...smells like hot buttered popcorn and just reeks up the entire grow space.. :aaargh:

Ah, good Sir ISO, how doth thee? Man I would KILL for some real hot buttered popcorn about now. The Chunk is what inspired me to buy these seeds. I tried it in Nov in Amsterdam, but I was so stoned on so many different things, all I remember is that it was Indica, smelled great, 17 Euros a gram! and was gone quicker than a lot of the others. What'd be nice is some pineapple isolator.

OK. Here're da pics. Two new beans in der cups for 24hrs now; one ST one PE. The others are getting on it, recovered I think, and looking like two dayers. All good. Just watered 'em. P express looking like a pit bull. I've got the light at 7-8 inches to give them some warmth from above and below. They look happy today, phew!
I think I know what my real motive is behind doing an auto grow after Janet, it's going on 5 months! And these things evolve so fast. So it'll be a fun show. I'm not worried about this run. Yet.

Attached Files

• plant boy, Scooby and EektheGrey like this

#13 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18335 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

get some air flow on those babies or they will topple over
  • Greenview, Scooby and EektheGrey like this

#14 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

get some air flow on those babies or they will topple over

Done;) thanks.

#15 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

They're starting to take off. Here is yesterday, Attached File  img0941.jpg   147.7KB   4 downloads Attached File  img0942.jpg   161.03KB   4 downloads Pineapple Attached File  img0943.jpg   145.73KB   2 downloads Diesel Attached File  img0944.jpg   109.63KB   1 downloads Sweet Tooth Attached File  img0945.jpg   123.58KB   2 downloads and today Attached File  img0947.jpg   108.94KB   3 downloads Attached File  img0948.jpg   115.26KB   4 downloadsSweet Tooth Attached File  img0949.jpg   125.49KB   4 downloadsDiesel Attached File  img0950.jpg   96.07KB   2 downloadsPineapple Attached File  img0951.jpg   144.81KB   1 downloads Today the two eldest, DR and PE are at 7 days, then ST at 6, then 2 and 1 for the extra ST and PE beans. I won't know which is which until they start looking/smelling different. They all get the same nutes for ten days; 1/2 strength formulex and CalMag, which contains 2.2 N, in springwater all at 5.85ph. They seem to drink every two days. I was thinking of leaving the first three in their cups for three more days and uppotting at day 10 into 6 liter. Anyone have an opinion? The other question is Coco in airpots. Has anyone heard anything to the contrary for this mix? I seem to remember something about fungus gnats... I have fine square pots I could use, really deep. Thanks for your help, happy healing all
  • plant boy likes this

#16 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18335 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

the less you up pot the less trama to your babies,,,,,so wait a while . i up pot only 3 times from seed,,, first time @ 3 to 4 node stage
  • Greenview likes this

#17 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

the less you up pot the less trama to your babies,,,,,so wait a while . i up pot only 3 times from seed,,, first time @ 3 to 4 node stage

Okidoki, that works. Thanks PB
  • plant boy and EektheGrey like this

#18 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21381 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

I'm with PB except I prefer a single transplant from solo cup to final pot. As for airpots and coco, everything I've seen show's that they do well and as for fungas gnats, they mostly show up in potting soil that has been contaminated. Coco is a clean growing media, anything like gnats would have to come in to the grow area from outside.
  • Greenview, plant boy and EektheGrey like this

#19 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

I think, KD, that I'll end up going straight into end pots as you say, just because they're autos and go so quick, no liking too much pothopping. Good to hear about the gnats and coco. I'll make sure my pots are spic and span. The last one came up with only one cotelydon.... time will tell if she'll make it. I've got to set up their Canna nutes regime. That's what I'll do now. aright folks, be well, thanks for the helping hand, more fun to come. Next news in three days at uppot.

#20 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

laserGP.gif Well, c'mon, between us, you all knew I would crack and post a couple of photos as soon as I got excited about something or other way before repot. So, I thought it'd be cool to look at growth over the last few days; 12, 13, 14 feb, with the addition of 8 hours a day under the LEDs with Big Mamma Janet. Also with the addition of the Canna Nutes seedling cocktail at 1/4 strength to stay within reasonable ppm. Here they are Feb12. Doing just fine. I had added a tad of Canna Rhizotonic ot their formulex/calmag cocktal. Attached File  img0969.jpg   335.95KB   1 downloads Feb 13 they go into the tent with Janet during her daytime at floor level, so 34" from the lights. Seem to dig it. Hours later put them up 4" on yoga brick. Inhale, babies, lift your collarbones and take the skin down your pretty green backs. Integrate that tailbone then back on the heatpad under the 125cfl at 4" for 14 hrs of blue light bliss. Attached File  img0988.jpg   492.33KB   1 downloads Today, Feb 14 happy Valentine's BTW smileyheart.gif , a little something for the laydays guitar.gif dancinggirl.gif and fo tha braws. The girls, gifted students that they are, are up on two bricks on only their second day in the tent, now at 24" from the lights where they'll hang if they're cool with it. They also got a first feeding of the canna cocktail; Canna A, B, Rhizo, Enzymes, Calmag. 1/4 strength to stay lowppm. Autos see? Can't believe I actually am supposed to feed them at all at this stage, but I'm just following directions, and at day 11, for Big PE and DR, 10 for ST, 6 for Lil' PE and that other thing that may or may not turn out to be a plant, they look pretty healthy and prosperous. I also gave them a foliar feeding with rhizo and calmag, phd water. Mainly because in the Rhizo they say to apply it 1-6 times a day if possible until vigorous root growth occurs, the idea of which upon entry in my mind converts itself into an image of a guy with hair growing out of his ears... must be what I'm expecting those dixie cups to look like, with roots pouring out their tiny holes. Anyhow no way I can water that much by hand and leave the house, so foliar, aaaand maybe not that much. I wonder, stoned question, but does the ph of foliar feeding change with your subtrate? Duh? No, I'm thinking not, right? So what ph for foliar? 6,8? Attached File  img0991.jpg   485.26KB   1 downloadsAttached File  img0992.jpg   494.96KB   1 downloadsAttached File  img0993.jpg   468.68KB   1 downloadsAttached File  img0994.jpg   451.58KB   3 downloads Big PE, ST, DR, Little PE Attached File  img0996.jpg   498.92KB   2 downloads That's the dope on the dope, prepped four six liter airpots with coco perlite at 50/50, the nute soak the pots'll get beforehand; same as they're on now. Should be three days 'til repot, at 2 weeks, and coincide perhaps with Janet's depart for the dark closet;) awrighty. Even an hour later they look much bigger , and above all still alive after the foliar feeding headshakesmiley.gif! Oboy, i have a feeling coco is going to be waaaaaaay different than soil. guitar.gifhappy daze all

Edited by Greenview, 14 February 2013 - 11:23 AM.

• plant boy likes this

#21 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18335 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

The PE will continue to change colour after they are harvested
  • Greenview likes this

#22 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Repot. Two weeks for diesel ryder and big PE. 13 days for Sweet Tooth and 9 for little PE. Still 24 hour light; maybe one more week then tent. Added 84LED to the veg area on permanent basis. 22" from plants with 125cfl under which they get rotated. They like it hot, with the door closed they seem to thrive, so that's what I do.

Attached Files

• plant boy and Scooby like this

#23 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21381 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

It looks like they are coming right along. Optimum growing temp is 75-85F.
  • Greenview and plant boy like this

#24 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18335 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

they look cool under the LED's .....do they cost a lot?
  • Greenview likes this

#25 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

they look cool under the LED's .....do they cost a lot?

Well, I happen to like the color, too. A little weird to hang around it all day and then look up at the blue sky and see as yellow! Expensive, well, yeah, this light was 600 clams. You can get knockoffs for a third of that price, so I did that, too;) I've got one of each and the plants seem to like them, tho the original Hydrogro is def a little brighter - probably because better, more expensive LED batch, even if same manufacturer. People who stick with HID for flower still really love the LEDs for veg and seedlings.
200w and 400 watt induction lighting looks pretty amazing, too, but really expensive. Replacement/different spectrum bulbs are around 350bucks! The light 1400 I think with one spectrum bulb. But last 50,000 - 100,000 hours and no heat signature at all, can go right up to the plants. With your space, I think you'd dig that, plus, it's BADASS, PB, cutting edge, and therefore becomes you;)
  • plant boy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: autos, canna, coco, LED, Airpots, autoflowering

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users