#1 coloninliver

coloninliver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis metroeast, Illinois

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

Greetings:

I have been reading this large thread (“Hemp Oil Cures!”) for some time. This is my first post. I want to put a question to extractors.

First, the background. Through these forums I became aware of Skunk Pharm Research (SPR). From Greywolf’s various comments within threads, I learned about SPR’s: These topics have received fair discussion. Yet, such SPR methods do represent a departure from other methods posted by other extractors. With respect to “QWET”, I am particularly interested in the freezing method/procedures.

Second, it is not my intention to start a debate as to the merits of one extraction method or porceedure over another! Please support me in this. Can we avoid such debate here?

Third, what I want to learn from extractors is whether anyone actually accepts and performs the SPR methods, particularly the freezing. Again, I have read fair discussion. Yet, I do not recall any post in which an extractor admitted to actually use and perform the methods.

For myself, I am particularly interested to learn whether there are extractors within Colorado who use the SPR methods. Perhaps others might be interested to learn whether there are extractors in other parts of the country or the world for that matter.

Thank you for your consideration of my post.

I am very grateful for the wealth of information within these forums, all contributed by so many individuals. These forums evidence an impressive and supportive community.
  • Greenview, Turf, teddys head and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 coloninliver

coloninliver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Greetings, again: I am hopeful for some Extractor responses. If you know an Extractor, perhaps you might refer this thread to them. Thank you.
  • Turf and teddys head like this

#3 Turf

Turf

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

hi cil

colorado resident

self taught extractor through skunk pharms published work and help from greywolf.

i use naptha as a solvent and the winterization process works well. freezing precipitates a lot of matter. even after thorough filtering.

Posted Image

that was filtered, pristine clear

then frozen

notice the debris on the bottom, and some ice crystals on the outside of the jar.

carefully decant off the solute leaving the debris in the jar.

filter again and evaporate

winterization takes out stuff that other wise muddies up the flavor. makes for a very tasty extract.

its an easy step and worth the time to do.

Edited by Turf, 05 February 2013 - 01:54 PM.

• Tokecrazy, Turpene, GoophyPhucker and 2 others like this

#4 coloninliver

coloninliver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Greetings Turf: TY very much for the response! I'm only a "reader" but was impressed with the winterization process, too! All the best!
  • Tokecrazy, teddys head and PoeticLife like this

#5 420friendly

420friendly

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2288 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Wow Turf....that is some beautiful pure Honey looking stuff there ;) I need to learn how to make that pretty stuff :)

that is some good advice........Good Luck Cil ;)

Edited by 420friendly, 07 February 2013 - 04:20 PM.

• PoeticLife likes this

#6 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

sharing knowledge, gotta love it!!!

healing hugs!
  • Tokecrazy likes this

#7 coloninliver

coloninliver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

Greetings to all: Yes "402friendly", Turf has made great-looking medicine! I will bet it is potient, and that it tastes as good as it looks. Thank you, and also, "PoeticLife" for the warm wishes.
  • Tokecrazy likes this

#8 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

What can I say other than that I do in fact use Skunk Pharm Research QWET methods to the letter? Freezing to tie up the water didn't originate with Skunk Pharm Research. Check out threads on IC Mag, such as Absolute Amber by Jump and threads by Gunnaknow.
  • Turf and GoophyPhucker like this

#9 coloninliver

coloninliver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

TY for clarifying "Graywolf" -- always accurate information!
  • Graywolf likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Freezing, Ethanol, absolute, quick, wash, dry, Greywolf, Skunk, Pharm, Decarboxylation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users