242 replies to this topic

#226 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:33 AM

Man, Scoob, they both are extraordinary in their own way. The Snow white is absolutely inspiring, as are the colors of the Flame. You've probably said already, but is the Flame a big yielder usually? Nute sensitive I think I remember, but with those massive stems you took such care in growing, I was expecting more bud buildup. Super sweet at any rate, I love the fall flowers, gv
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy, teddys head and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#227 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18399 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

you got a couple offrosty girls scoob,,,,,bet you were sticking to that flame like a moth....lol
  • Tokecrazy, teddys head, Scooby and 1 other like this

#228 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

Man, Scoob, they both are extraordinary in their own way. The Snow white is absolutely inspiring, as are the colors of the Flame. You've probably said already, but is the Flame a big yielder usually? Nute sensitive I think I remember, but with those massive stems you took such care in growing, I was expecting more bud buildup. Super sweet at any rate, I love the fall flowers, gv

Hey GV. Thanks, man. Yeah, these plants have been some real eye candy. The Flame is actually a low yielder and, yes, very nute sensitive. My problem is that I took too many nodes off when I topped the plant the second time right before flower. Otherwise I would have had colas that were stacked two nodes higher. It was my big lesson learned on this grow.... top the minimum number of nodes because you can always top again later if you absolutely need two. Even as late as 2 weeks into flowering. And regarding the bud buildup, I was expecting the same. I kept waiting and waiting. But the sheer density of these buds made up for the lack of huge size.

you got a couple offrosty girls scoob,,,,,bet you were sticking to that flame like a moth....lol

I was, PB...lol. I decided to trim without gloves this time and I've gotta say that I really enjoyed it. I got that resin on my hands and was feeling super floaty while trimming. Then I vaped a little hash from the 1st Amsterdam Flame just to make sure that I was good and happy. It worked! Thanks for stopping by, as always. Gotta go and check out the cave later today. Been so busy lately that I haven't caught up on everyone's journals. Gotta get to it!

Cheers,

Scoob
  • Tokecrazy, Greenview, plant boy and 2 others like this

#229 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

They flames look yummy.Nice job Scoob. So how do you like using coco? Peace, Blue
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy, teddys head and 1 other like this

#230 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18399 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

so is the curing one turning red or orange ?
  • Tokecrazy, teddys head and Blue61 like this

#231 Scooby

Scooby

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

They flames look yummy.Nice job Scoob. So how do you like using coco?
Peace,
Blue

Hey Blue! Haven't seen you around the website in a bit. Of course the same could be said about me as of recently. :P Nice to see you here. And thank you! I love the Coco. I hope it wasn't just a case of good luck my first time around with it. It does seem to be pretty low maintenance once you get the coco charged with plenty of Cal-Mag. Then it's just a matter of continually feeding the plants a steady and reasonable dosage of nutes throughout the grow. Keeping on the lower end of ppm's keeps the plants happy and staves off any potential lockout issues. At least that's what I've experienced this time around. I hope that it proves to be the case on the next grow as well. We shall see.

so is the curing one turning red or orange ?

Well, I think it's going in the orange direction. Gonna have to take a closer look today and find out. I'll also fill out a smoke report once the Flames have had a bit more curing time. Thanks, as always, for stopping in!

-------------------------------------------

I have totally dropped the ball on this journal since chopping the Flames. I've been finding it hard to balance life, growing, journaling and getting a business launched all at the same time. While it's occasionally a bit overwhelming, I am happy because everything I am doing is focused on building a stable future and not sucking on the corporate tit of America to survive. So that's why I've been largely absent from this journal recently (and absent from commenting in other GP'ers journals). My visits here are usually pretty quick. Anyhow, enough excuses and rambling...

I'm going to chop the Snow White tonight and hang it upside down for about 36 hours. My wife and I are throwing a big shindig for the 4th of July and we'll trim our lovely green gal on the 5th. Will get harvest pics and some final plant shots up in the next few days. Hope everyone has a super high 4th of July. Enjoy the festivities and try to keep your limbs intact!

Cheers,

Scoob
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy, teddys head and 2 others like this

#232 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

Hey Scoob, good to hear from ya! Life can sure get in the way some times eh? Lots of karma to the new business. Hey check out the new contest when you get a chance. Peace, Blue P.S. maybe you need to skip a log next grow. Less on your plate...LOL.
  • plant boy, teddys head and Scooby like this

#233 Scooby

Scooby

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

Here's some pics of the pre-chopped Snow White dwarf plant. Will be cutting her at the base and hanging her upside down in the cabinet tonight. Attached File  IMG_3826.jpg   675.08KB   17 downloads Attached File  IMG_3830.jpg   540.33KB   21 downloads Attached File  IMG_3832.jpg   390.51KB   19 downloads Attached File  IMG_3809.jpg   710.61KB   17 downloads Attached File  IMG_3816.jpg   633.65KB   16 downloads Attached File  IMG_3817.jpg   463.62KB   15 downloads Attached File  IMG_3822.jpg   509.32KB   16 downloads Attached File  IMG_3829.jpg   475.68KB   14 downloads Attached File  IMG_3831.jpg   366.63KB   15 downloads And here's a little shot of some of the curing Amsterdam Flame. Yummy! Attached File  IMG_3813.jpg   658.8KB   16 downloads Gotta go! I'm supposed to be working. Eeek! -Scoob
  • plant boy, teddys head, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#234 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

what beautiful colors on that girl!!! have a great harvest scoobers!! and good luck on the balancing act... gardening, new business... oh and that thing called "life" mixed in to keep things interesting! lol

hugs to you and yours!!!
  • plant boy, teddys head, Scooby and 1 other like this

#235 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18399 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

nice fade on that girl ,,,we need to win the lotto so we can become full time farmers
  • teddys head, HD96, Scooby and 1 other like this

#236 Scooby

Scooby

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

These pictures may be a teeny bit redundant after the last set of pics. They have a darker background, though, and you get a sense of the size of the colas in comparison to my hands and arm. This plant is (was) absolutely solid. I'll get post trim pics up in the next couple of days. In the meantime here's some to enjoy! Attached File  IMG_3834.jpg   542.06KB   9 downloads Attached File  IMG_3836.jpg   424.14KB   9 downloads Attached File  IMG_3837.jpg   464.51KB   10 downloads Attached File  IMG_3838.jpg   397.9KB   12 downloads Attached File  IMG_3843.jpg   318.59KB   15 downloads Attached File  IMG_3840.jpg   520.75KB   15 downloads Attached File  IMG_3845.jpg   524.64KB   15 downloads Attached File  IMG_3842.jpg   688.51KB   16 downloads Attached File  IMG_3841.jpg   645.45KB   14 downloads For perspective... this tray is 18 inches wide x 26 inches long Attached File  IMG_3839.jpg   705.53KB   10 downloads Hope everyone's having a groovy weekend! Cheers, Scoob
  • plant boy, teddys head and Blue61 like this

#237 KnowAndGrow

KnowAndGrow

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2084 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

Very, very cool pics, Scoob!! How tall did the snow white wind up getting? I had the WW in my cab, and wound up having to take it out two weeks into flower - she got too tall!! Thanks for letting us watch an awesome harvest :) K&G

#238 Scooby

Scooby

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

what beautiful colors on that girl!!! have a great harvest scoobers!! and good luck on the balancing act... gardening, new business... oh and that thing called "life" mixed in to keep things interesting! lol

hugs to you and yours!!!

Thanks, Poet! She really did turn into a colorful mutant looking thing. I'm very happy with the way she produced. What a pain in the arse to trim, though. Egads! Glad that's done. Hugs to ya.

nice fade on that girl ,,,we need to win the lotto so we can become full time farmers

Wouldn't I love to do that, man! And I actually need to sign up for the lotto. I'd love to win me some seeds. Hells yeah! Thanks for stopping in.

Very, very cool pics, Scoob!! How tall did the snow white wind up getting? I had the WW in my cab, and wound up having to take it out two weeks into flower - she got too tall!!

Thanks for letting us watch an awesome harvest :)

K&G

I appreciate the kind words K&G. Very nice, indeed. The Snow White only grew to a grand total of between 18 and 20 inches . I threw it in as an afterthought to the Amsterdam Flame on the off chance that it may be a girl seed. As it turned out, it was! I gave the majority of the light to the Flames throughout the grow. I was also too lazy to mix up 2 different batches of nutes in the beginning (1 for Flames and 1 for Snow White). So basically I gave Snow White lower lighting and low nutes for half of the grow. The result was a short squat plant which was all colas and no popcorn. One other notable thing about this plant... I removed the majority of the fan leaves from Snow White by the time she was 2 weeks into flower. It had to be done in order for the whole plant to get light all the way down. And I can tell you that it had absolutely NO detrimental effects on her yield. I will remove fan leaves again from here on out in every grow. If they're in the way and keeping light from penetrating down into the plant (or buds) then they've gotta go.

Cheers,

Scoob
  • plant boy, teddys head, HD96 and 2 others like this

#239 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18399 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

let us know what that black bud tastes like,,,,,looks sticky
  • teddys head, Scooby and Blue61 like this

#240 HD96

HD96

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

Great job Scoob. Fantastic looking ladies. :welldone:

#241 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:56 AM

i hope they toked well for ya Scooby :oldhippy:

nice tasty looking nugs :passit:

Health and happiness
  • plant boy, Scooby and Blue61 like this

#242 Scooby

Scooby

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

i hope they toked well for ya Scooby :oldhippy:

nice tasty looking nugs :passit:

Health and happiness

Thanks, Teddy! Great to see you back here, man!!! You've been missed.

The Snow White has been curing for almost 2 months now and I've only had a little in between...and it's good! I've gotta do a smoke report one of these days. Will have to get totally baked and do it. Thanks for stopping in, my friend!

Cheers,

Scoob
  • plant boy likes this

#243 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18399 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

yes a smoke report on the black bud

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Amsterdam Flame, Coco