13 replies to this topic

#1 Eman4200

Eman4200

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

Had plant in 1ga pot growth fer fist month and half was amazing and all the sudden leaves started curling inward and lil brown spots finally take over. So i dried out soil from old pot transplanted to a 5 gal bucket soil maricle grow and 1 3rd topsoil plant seemed to like new home fer a day and now growth has almost stopped and growth from underneath branches is dying all the way to top. Closet space 3-2-8 foot lights150 watt hps and 4cfls temp 78 to 84 humidity 30-50 keep door open with fan running how do i post pics

Edited by Eman4200, 18 January 2013 - 10:54 AM.

• plant boy, teddys head, HD96 and 1 other like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

What fertilizer are you using and how much?

#3 Eman4200

Eman4200

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

None yet i jumped the gun counting on mericle grows nuts i just switched to12/12

#4 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Put up some pictures if possible and read through this. http://www.weedguru....ec6979b500e2605

#5 Eman4200

Eman4200

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Well this is what shes doin any ideas what it looks like

Attached Files

• plant boy, teddys head and Blue61 like this

#6 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Did you just put in into 12/12 the last few days ago? I would put it back to veg and get the plant healthy before going to 12/12. What kind of water are you using...tap..ro..distilled? Peace, Blue
  • Greenview, plant boy, teddys head and 1 other like this

#7 Eman4200

Eman4200

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Was using tap water an have before and didnt seem to have probs now im using bottled water
  • Greenview, plant boy and Blue61 like this

#8 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

I think you might be getting nute lockout. I would flush it with 3:1 water to soil ratio with ph'd at 6.5.If you have cal/mag I would use 2.5 mil per/gallon of water during the flush.The miracle grow soil concerns me.Let's see who else chimes in. Peace, Blue
  • Greenview and plant boy like this

#9 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Looks like a nute lock out. Blues got it right I'd flush it first and if you went from tap to bottle water I'd go back to tap which will likely supply enough calcium and mix 1/2 teaspoon per galllon epsom salts which will give you magnesium. Also you don't give a pH, insoil you need to keep it around 6.5 to help prevent nute lock-out.
  • Greenview, plant boy, HD96 and 1 other like this

#10 Eman4200

Eman4200

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Sorry dont have ph meter got a soil one dont trust it says its right before7 so thats 6.8 And am concerened about flushing cause i thought i might already have overwatered will a nute lockout make the leaves curl like that and ive had it 12/12 fer 5 days noe is it to late to put it back to veg
  • Greenview, plant boy and Blue61 like this

#11 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18519 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

got wholes in the bottom of that pot it's in? miricle grow is ok for indoor plants not pot
  • Blue61 likes this

#12 Eman4200

Eman4200

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Am flushing my plants cause of nute lockout fresh water ph 7 and my runoff is saying like 5.5 whats goin on any ideas
  • Greenview likes this

#13 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

okeedokee...flushing a plants medium is generally considered to be running 2.5X-3X the volume of the pot with phe'd water....the idea is to flush out the ph and ec/ppm to set it to within acceptable limits.... measuring the runoff is a good method to tell if this works....it has let ya know the plant needs more flushing.... I dont know the medium you are using, but coir ya want a ph of 5.8-6.0 .....soil will do well @ about ph 6.0-6.2 keep flushing until the runoff is same as water going in... Take a gander @ the links in my signature...many of them are there as reference material for GPeeps :toking: muA
  • Greenview and teddys head like this

#14 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Medi has you right in one aspect as far as why you flush... but the numbers are a little off IMO and according to this chart for soil. You don't want your PH to go below 6.4 in soil or you could have lockout... been there done that and almost lost 8 clones because of it. Also.. the coco coir Medi talked about kind of falls in between soil and hydro.... should be between 5.8 and 6.2... I keep mine as close to 6.0 as possible and when I was in soil... 6.5 was about optimal. Here's the chart.. with the link below... this should help you figure things out a bit. Well heck.. it won't let me put the image of the chart here.. but here's the link... https://www.greenpas...3-all-about-ph/ I'm going to move this over to the hospital where your problems started and a few peeps had started to give you a hand there. That way they can keep up with your progress easily. Hope this helps Hugs!
  • Greenview and teddys head like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users