185 replies to this topic

#26 420friendly

420friendly

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2288 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Nice job ther Ohm.............................................................. bigsmileythumbsup

Nice job ther Ohm.............................................................. bigsmileythumbsup
  • teddys head, HD96, Ohmless and 1 other like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Doesn't look like the balm will solidify tonight. Pic coming tomorrow. Until then, here are my tools in the way of ingestion. the first is a ten inch production pipe that I use for hash only. I generally smoke the hash in snake or worm shapes but sometimes I take a big hoot and let it all bubble on the ashes I keep in the bowl. Attached File  hajpipe.jpg   138.21KB   14 downloads Attached File  ssvap.jpg   123.86KB   11 downloads Then this is how I Ingest bud. It is a Silver Surfer vaporizer that I won through a christmas contest by Culture magazine. I like the 3 o'clock position for best flavor and the max temperature for when I need a quick punch.
  • Greenview, teddys head, PoeticLife and 2 others like this

#28 Bonelessme

Bonelessme

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

wow cool

#29 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

Dear Knight Sir Ohmless, I absolutely love hearing your thoughts and sitting in you garden; among us I daresay you have found an ohm. The earthpots are really interesting as are the pearls of wisdom from your many years' experience. Grand welcome.
  • teddys head, PoeticLife, HD96 and 2 others like this

#30 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

All the five books are chiefly concerned with timing. You must train sufficiently to appreciate this. If you practice day and night in the above Ichi school strategy, your spirit will naturally broaden. This is large scale strategy and the strategy of hand to hand combat propagated in the world. This is recorded for the first time in the five books of Ground, Water, Fire, Wind, and the Void. This is the Way for men who want to learn my strategy: 1.Do not think dishonestly. 2.The Way is in training. 3.Become acquainted with every art. 4.Know the Ways of professions. 5.Distinguish between gain and loss in worldly matters. 6.Develop intuitive judgement and understanding for everything. 7.Perceive those things which cannot be seen. 8.Pay attention even to trifles. 9.Do nothing which is of no use. Hash making is important to me as our garden is limited in potential yield. the patients get most of the flowers while I get to extract as much hash as I need. I also get the popcorn buds. As I had an excess of food grade trim I learned how to make cannabalm. It took overnight to solidify so here is the pic. Attached File  balmbar.jpg   78.15KB   11 downloads I am very happy with the yield. I applied to my mother's shoulder but no feedback yet. I don't hear her saying ow so much. I have been applying it to my forearm cut that was starting to get really red and possibly infected. The redness has gone down to just a margin around the cut now overnight as I applied as a liquid oil. The draw to BHO for me is the opportunity to fully extract a large amount of trim at once. This is not possible with my turkey baster, but it wasn't expected to. I used less than a full 10 oz can of 5x butane to yield 0.25g of shatter consistency BHO. After the butane was sufficiently gone, I went inside to put the dish on the electric griddle. I had the griddle set on 200F and was using a non contact thermometer to ensure the temperature did not go over 150F in the dish for one hour. Attached File  dish.jpg   74.53KB   12 downloadsAttached File  razor.jpg   92.11KB   12 downloadsAttached File  shatter.jpg   94.86KB   8 downloads Considering the amount of trim used to achieve this yield, I will likely finish up extracting what I have of the dry trim using butane and continue to produce water hash. My patients can't afford the good stuff and I get bigger yields from the water hash. I will continue to use butane for personal extractions. Killer potency, sexy melt, and great clean taste. Definitely worth getting excited about training in this discipline.
  • Tokecrazy, Greenview, Desiderata and 4 others like this

#31 Widespread

Widespread

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationOld Kentuckee

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Great thread, Ohmless! Here's my venus transit pic. iPhone with 8" SCT, full-aperture solar filter. (Second contact, teardrop effect visible.)Attached File  Venus transit (2).jpg   53.97KB   8 downloads
  • Desiderata, teddys head, PoeticLife and 2 others like this

#32 Desiderata

Desiderata

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Indeed, Ohm. I'd be excited for the discipline as well. Lovely finish on the concentrates.

#33 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

did a total of 3 runs through the blast tube today for a total of 1.25g of BHO. I collected the second and third extraction together I think to the detriment of the oil. it still tastes like butane after an hour at 140 degrees and will need an air cure. I hope that does the trick. I guess it doesn't matter, I will smoke it anyways and learn what I can from the experience. haha Attached File  second oil.jpg   56.84KB   4 downloads the large one is pressed thin to air cure and is the sum of the second and third run of BHO. The little one is the remainder of the 0.25g that I have been testing today. It has a better cure/taste than the large glob. Very early comparison though. I will reserve final judgement for a couple days from now. Until then I want to run some water hash for comparison. My next big project besides running a couple loads of water hash is to apply the azamax to both the upstairs and downstairs gardens. I want to water deeply first and then soil drench the top inch or two. The Hempy buckets are doing fine. I thought the perlite would wick up more water than it is from the reservoir bottom but appears to need primed with a top watering? Either way they get a thorough watering tomorrow. Please input if you have experience with perlite hempy growing. I could use a little guidance.
  • Greenview, teddys head, HD96 and 1 other like this

#34 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2250 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

very nice ohm it looks dank :D enjoy dude bonghead :bong:
  • Turf, teddys head, HD96 and 2 others like this

#35 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Second is the Water book. With water as the basis, the spirit becomes like water. Water adopts the shape of its receptacle, it is sometimes a trickle and sometimes a wild sea. Water has a clear blue color. By the clarity, things of Ichi school are shown in this book. Students of the Ichi school Way of strategy should train from the start with the sword and long sword in either hand. This is a truth: when you sacrifice your life, you must make fullest use of your weaponry. It is false not to do so, and to die with a weapon yet undrawn. This incarnation of the grow started less than two years ago from nothing. I had the clothes on my back and was moving back to Ma's. I was disabled and with no means of support. I also was moving into a situation where one would not grow due to possible security problems. That soon corrected itself when someone moved out of the house. Everyone at the house was desperate financially and sinking deeper each month. This also helped with getting permission from my Ma to have a garden. I soon was accepted for supplemental security income that allowed for the impulse buy of an 8" HO can fan knockoff. I bought seeds from the attitude seed bank the next month. Not much later my brother won a poker tournament and had the money to buy a cheap batwing reflector, generic bulb, and a magnetic ballast. In the early times, I couldn't measure pH so I chose to use the AN Sensi Bloom. There was no way to afford the pens and gallons of GH 3 part to start up. This did well though was not very affordable on a limited budget but I made the sacrifice. Downside was lack of flexibility. I was also using water with 300 ppm of salt already in it. When I was able to afford it, I switched to GH 3 part and bought a pH pen. I was able to best grow with my hard water using the Lucas Formula (0-8-16 gro-micro-bloom) and 5ml of koolbloom. During this time, I made incremental improvements and expansions in the garden until the lack of a water machine became the biggest hindrance to the quality of my garden. Now that I have an RO water machine I was able to go full dose of GH bloom (5-10-15) with full doses of additives as desired. Your spirit must be like water and find the biggest deficiencies in your garden. This takes being honest with yourself. Address each problem with free fixes first and then buy what is necessary. The sweat to do the free things and the ability to buy what is necessary are your two swords. One cannot be forsaken as it means you will not be able to be ready for anything. It is good strategy to have a fund of money that is meant for garden emergencies. If you want to learn this Way, deeply consider the things written in this book one at a time. You must do sufficient research. This is the Way of the Grow.
  • Tokecrazy, Turf, teddys head and 5 others like this

#36 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2250 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

everybody starts somwhere dude :bong: bonghead
  • Turf, Desiderata, teddys head and 5 others like this

#37 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

It is actually a source of pride for me to have built this garden out of nothing but the hard work of my trimmer/brother and me/gardener. I am also proud that I am almost done building this room too. The big projects remaining are:
1. build a subpanel for the lights
2. add a 4th light(air cooled
3. air cool the fourth/last hood
4. add AC unit and turn up CO2

Afterwards time and money will go into building myself a garden. That is right. The room I grow in is not for me, but to help my brother financially. This garden stays with him and mine will go back to colorado with me. It is exciting. I want to build a pair of 4Kw rooms and have them flip flop. That will mean harvesting the plants under a lamp each week on average. Over double the output in veg than this garden will ever need. I plan on hand trimming the colas and machine trimming the rest. I like the salad bowl one as it isn't motorized. http://compare.ebay....mTypes&var=sbar

I had two days to air dry the remaining gram of BHO that half ended up turning into budder and the other half earwax. I expected all earwax as I didn't whip. I will whip more next time and observe differences. After two days the butane aftertaste in the back of the mouth was essentially not perceivable to my palate. It also was less pungent after this time also which I didn't expect. Great tasting stuff. My first true full melt hash. Most of my water hash would be considered full melt on youtube, but this was waaaay melty.

With my other experiment, the cannabalm, I have gotten mixed results. Works great for muscle tension in my back and in my brother's shoulder, but unfortunately not for the intended patient. My mother has a dead area of bone in her shoulder joint and is suffering more than my brother and I. So sad there isn't any relief for her yet. She sees another surgeon in a couple weeks. In the meantime I want to make another batch of tincture for my ma. She did get relief from it prior to the hospitalizations this winter.

Today applied Azamax at the rate of one vial per gallon as directed in the packet. I used 5 gallons to water the four Jillybean and the two superskunk in the hempy style earthbox. I did not treat the three earthboxes that are about to be harvested. I started flush for them this week and will soon be removed afterwards. I water the veg area tomorrow and they will get their initial treatment also. Very important to get early control as I am trading clones in a week or so. Trading two cuttings for a cutting of AK 47 and a cutting of Northern Lights.

The hempy buckets are all doing fine. The earthbox hempie is still suffering transplant shock and should start stretch in a little bit. Today I top watered with about a half gallon of solution as some of the perlite was still dry in spots. I haven't noticed any dry spots in the one gallon pots. The plants love em!

Edited by Ohmless, 23 January 2013 - 12:21 AM.

• Turf, teddys head, Scooby and 1 other like this

#38 athena

athena

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

It is actually a source of pride for me to have built this garden out of nothing but the hard work of my trimmer/brother and me/gardener. I am also proud that I am almost done building this room too. The big projects remaining are:
1. build a subpanel for the lights
2. add a 4th light(air cooled
3. air cool the fourth/last hood
4. add AC unit and turn up CO2

Afterwards time and money will go into building myself a garden. That is right. The room I grow in is not for me, but to help my brother financially. This garden stays with him and mine will go back to colorado with me. It is exciting. I want to build a pair of 4Kw rooms and have them flip flop. That will mean harvesting the plants under a lamp each week on average. Over double the output in veg than this garden will ever need. I plan on hand trimming the colas and machine trimming the rest. I like the salad bowl one as it isn't motorized. http://compare.ebay....mTypes&var=sbar

I had two days to air dry the remaining gram of BHO that half ended up turning into budder and the other half earwax. I expected all earwax as I didn't whip. I will whip more next time and observe differences. After two days the butane aftertaste in the back of the mouth was essentially not perceivable to my palate. It also was less pungent after this time also which I didn't expect. Great tasting stuff. My first true full melt hash. Most of my water hash would be considered full melt on youtube, but this was waaaay melty.

With my other experiment, the cannabalm, I have gotten mixed results. Works great for muscle tension in my back and in my brother's shoulder, but unfortunately not for the intended patient. My mother has a dead area of bone in her shoulder joint and is suffering more than my brother and I. So sad there isn't any relief for her yet. She sees another surgeon in a couple weeks. In the meantime I want to make another batch of tincture for my ma. She did get relief from it prior to the hospitalizations this winter.

Today applied Azamax at the rate of one vial per gallon as directed in the packet. I used 5 gallons to water the four Jillybean and the two superskunk in the hempy style earthbox. I did not treat the three earthboxes that are about to be harvested. I started flush for them this week and will soon be removed afterwards. I water the veg area tomorrow and they will get their initial treatment also. Very important to get early control as I am trading clones in a week or so. Trading two cuttings for a cutting of AK 47 and a cutting of Northern Lights.

The hempy buckets are all doing fine. The earthbox hempie is still suffering transplant shock and should start stretch in a little bit. Today I top watered with about a half gallon of solution as some of the perlite was still dry in spots. I haven't noticed any dry spots in the one gallon pots. The plants love em!

Someone here was going to try a perlite top dressing on his grow box to prevent gnats - did that work, does anyone know? Would save having to put a pesticide on.
  • teddys head, HD96, Ohmless and 1 other like this

#39 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

it temporarily knocks down their population but isn't a cure. They rebound. Tried that once. They still will live off the molasses that wicked to the top of the perlite.
  • Greenview, teddys head, HD96 and 2 others like this

#40 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

What is called the spirit of the void is where there is nothing. It is not included in man's knowledge. Of course the void is nothingness. By knowing things that exist, you can know that which does not exist. That is the void. People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment. In the Way of strategy as a warrior you must study fully other martial arts and not deviate even a little from the Way of the warrior. With your spirit settled, accumulate practice day by day, hour by hour. Polish the twofold spirit heart and mind, and sharpen the twofold gaze perception and sight. When your spirit is not in the least clouded, when the clouds of bewilderment clear away, there is the true void. Current garden experiments are going well. Of the young one gallon hempy clones, only one is experiencing any problems. The one appeared to have had a pH fluctuation when the rock was drying up and has a few strange blotches on the leaves. I am not blaming the planting technique as I am not overly thrilled with this Ionic Grow one part nutrient that was received as a sample and is being used up. It doesn't buffer well, nearly always requires pH adjustment, and has also caused leaf issues on one of the mother plants at one point(resolved now). Just a mediocre product. I will be moving that plant to where it won't dry out as fast. The balm is great for my back. I have been applying it twice daily. My brother and mother have both been using it also so I estimate that it will be a good supply for about three weeks. BHO gone but I still have plenty of dry trim to blast. Currently waiting on more butane. Made canna-canola oil last night so my Ma might get some relief with her shoulder. It finished too late so making brownies today after I water both veg and bloom rooms. Azamax at one vial per gallon as a soil drench worked great downstairs. hardly a bug flying atm. Will reapply next week. Three of the boxes are in flush right now so were untreated but this did not affect the success of the first application. I read all over online to not apply in the last four weeks so I heeded warning. By Wind I mean old traditions, present−day traditions, and family traditions of strategy. Thus I clearly explain the strategies of the world. This is tradition. It is difficult to know yourself if you do not know others. To all Ways there are side−tracks. If you study a Way daily, and your spirit diverges, you may think you are obeying a good Way but objectively is not the true Way. If you are following the true Way and diverge a little, this will later become a large divergence. You must realize this. This is the Way of the Grow.

Edited by Ohmless, 24 January 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#41 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Attached File  tumblr_ly2789fujH1rne7dso1_500.jpg   55.4KB   6 downloads Attached File  mamasintub.jpg   97.29KB   11 downloadsAttached File  wierd mama.jpg   53.93KB   17 downloads this is one of the weird leaves on the mama from the Ionic grow. Calmag def? The problem never reoccurred. The mamas are from left to right are JH, the middle is the Superskunk, and the GDP is on the right. The GDP now has a stake to support a stem that fell when i fell on it trying to get out of bed. haha. Attached File  groupveg.jpg   135.16KB   21 downloads With the mothers out of the way we are able to see what are under the pair of 150w HPS. On the left are the one gallon Jillybeans Attached File  hempys.jpg   186.57KB   22 downloads that are mostly in hempy perlite/vermiculite mix but a couple in soil-less. One that I have in the back left had issues with a couple bottom leaves that I attribute to the mix drying out/pH? Attached File  wierd leaf.jpg   328.66KB   16 downloads
  • teddys head, PoeticLife, Scooby and 1 other like this

#42 Widespread

Widespread

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationOld Kentuckee

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

Are you sure it's not just nute splash? Either way as long as it's localized and the plant is healthy and robust, I wouldn't worry about it. It's looking good! I meant the bottom pic. The weird leaves on the mom, I don't know.
  • teddys head, HD96 and Ohmless like this

#43 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

The Sage is occupied with the unspoken
and acts without effort.

Teaching without verbosity,
producing without possessing,
creating without regard to result,
claiming nothing,
the Sage has nothing to lose.

Yeah well, that’s just, ya know, like, your opinion, man - the Dude

Attached File  eclipse.jpg   31.28KB   1 downloads Recent partial solar eclipse that also weakly shows some sunspots. A natural Yin-Yang!

The doctrine of the mean is to avoid extremes similar to Aristotle's Golden Mean. Following Doctrine of the Mean is the way to live a life in harmony with all others and in balance. If you are in balance, any action would be to act against the harmony of nature. That is why the Dude abides.

The doctrine of the mean in the Way of the Grow is much the same. Avoid extremes. This takes input in the form of atmospheric controls, lighting distance(determined by canopy temperature and not a measured distance given in some online FAQ), and root environment management. These must be done to bring the harmony of nature into an unnatural growing location.

My garden had an extreme number of fungus gnats so I treated with Azamax. I could only treat half the garden and some of the gnats are starting to fly around again. There is still less that before. I expect to have to apply weekly for over a month since i cannot treat the entire garden. I will be consistent and treat until they are all gone.

My garden had temperature issues over the last summer and hopefully I can avoid problems this next one. I had three lights running and none of them were air cooled. There was a heat wave and I chose to keep all three lights on even though ambient temps in room were 90 degrees. My lack of action resulted in a lower yield than if I just turned one of the lights off and the quality would have been better. Lesson learned. I hope to have this be a closed environment bloom room by then with 4kw lighting the room. here is my chosen AC though I am flexible I think this is a good price. http://www.air-n-wat...uct/lx-140.html

This aggression will not stand. A student must always be looking for disruptions to natural harmony. Come correct. It is the Way of the Grow.

Edited by Ohmless, 25 January 2013 - 08:11 PM.

• Desiderata, teddys head, PoeticLife and 2 others like this

#44 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

best of luck battling the gnats, eventually you will conquer them :) am enjoying your journal, and glad relief is being gotten by your family
flyingsmiley.gif
  • teddys head, HD96, Scooby and 2 others like this

#45 Widespread

Widespread

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationOld Kentuckee

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

道 =The Way, Tao in Chinese, Do (Pronounced "D'oh!") in Japanese (As in judo, kendo, Aikido, etc.) I'm loving this Ohm. I thought the analogy between the Buddhist Middle Path (though you didn't explicitly name it as such) and the Golden mean was quite insightful. By the way, an eclipse is a form of occultation, so you are dabbling in the Occult, as they say ;p BTW, Check out Phil Plait's Bad Astronomy blog on Slate.com.
  • HD96 and Ohmless like this

#46 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Attached File  chocolates.jpg   40.13KB   12 downloads

Chapter 11[
Thirty spokes join in one hub
In its emptiness, there is the function of a vehicle
Mix clay to create a container
In its emptiness, there is the function of a container
Cut open doors and windows to create a room
In its emptiness, there is the function of a room

Therefore, that which exists is used to create benefit
That which is empty is used to create functionality

Lets talk root media. What we are trying to accomplish is a dynamic balance between nutrient delivery with oxygen levels in the substrate to reach a happy middle path for the plant and the rhizosphere.

I have been using a soil-less mix comprising of 5 parts peat moss to 3 parts perlite for years. It drains very well I think it is important to have a mix that drains very well to ensure the plant cannot be over-watered. Overwatering drowns roots and fosters pathogens. That is one extreme prevented, now lets prevent getting too dry. The easiest way for an able bodied person to tell if a plant needs watered is to lift it. As I cannot lift a mature plant in a five gallon bucket what I do is put my finger in the soil a couple inches and water if dry. I think root health is already on the decline if waiting for a plant to droop.

Soil also compacts so I aerate monthly with an old bamboo rod. This is very apparent with peat moss. It even shrinks with age. I generally don't have to aerate the earthboxes as they are bottom fed and mostly stays fluffy.

So far the plants that were transplanted into perlite/verimiculite are doing well. Of the ones in one gallon pots, the two best ones were put in soil-less mix and remainder in hempy mix. The hempy mix ones have almost caught up to the two dominant plants. I know that the hempy mix is plenty airy though I wish it wicked a little better. They are requiring top watering to stay moist a couple inches below the surface. I hope the hempy pilot experiment works out as it will be a back saver.

Lots to do in the garden today. Already watered the veg area. All looking fine there. Dipped the cuttings again and 6 of 9 were ready for transplant(done perlite hempy style). I was out of hash and ran a big batch of water hash in the washer. Still have to azamax/feed the bloom room. Currently waiting on water machine for this.

I dipped the cubes and cuttings in pH'ed water with floralicious added during the rooting process this time. I noticed more root vigor with the root riot plugs, but the failure rate for me was too high. This led me to look for root tonics and saw that floralicious plus has seaweed extract and humates. Just right for the job. I am very happy with the results. Rooted well a good 4 days sooner than without IME. Attached File  rootedcuts.jpg   122.38KB   21 downloadsAttached File  transplanted.jpg   118.67KB   33 downloads

Attached File  kellyscope.jpg   68.15KB   28 downloads This is a pic taken of my scope and me during the partial eclipse. My sis was present as I was at a school playground near her house. Good times.

Edited by Ohmless, 27 January 2013 - 06:35 PM.

• Tokecrazy, teddys head, PoeticLife and 3 others like this

#47 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2250 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

ohm those clones look amazing :D bonghead
  • teddys head, Scooby, Ohmless and 1 other like this

#48 Widespread

Widespread

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationOld Kentuckee

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

Not sure if this is helpful, but for what it's worth: When I grew in peat/Perlite, I had a back corner in my cab which I could not reach easily to lift my pots. I ended up getting one of those cheapo moisture meters. The primary advantage over jamming your finger in is that it lets you check the moisture at the bottom of the medium. It also let me reach farther backminto the cab than I could with my finger alone. http://www.amazon.co...s=Soil moisture Best. WS
  • Greenview, teddys head, HD96 and 2 others like this

#49 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Chapter 28
Know the masculine, hold to the feminine
Be the watercourse of the world
Being the watercourse of the world
The eternal virtue does not depart
Return to the state of the infant
Know the white, hold to the black
Be the standard of the world

Occultism is clearly different than the Tao as it is a western precept but has a similar beginning. They both started developing during shamanistic times. Occultists claim secret knowledge as opposed to scientific knowledge that is open and freely shared. I think that is a big distinction for myself since I am a scientist. For me science is the best explaination of nature that we have since each thing known must be studied and verifiable. I think something can have an artistic or symbolic meaning without becoming worship or religion building dogma. Granted from Taoism sprung the Tao Te Ching which was meant to aid with enlightenment and still occasionally used for fortune telling by some. I choose to use it as a philosophical source divorced from any coin flipping. BTW, I do not speak from any source of authority on this and am just discussing with you all for the joy of it.

Chop comes for three of the earthboxes starting on Saturday, so this week my focus is on doing what I can for free as I am broke. haha. I have a back log of buckets and earthboxes that need cleaned, sterilized, and rinsed several times. Four superskunks will go into two earthboxes, and the last spot I will leave open for perpetual scheduling. Will likely put jillybean in that spot in a couple weeks.

Azamax was reapplied downstairs to the plants that were not getting flushed. This will be the final treatment for the jjillybean in bloom as they have about a month before harvest and I want to make sure there is no taste from it. I will get the superskunks harvested and get those earthboxes out of there right away so there will be less soil for them bugs to eat. I did the math and was applying too weak of a dose for a knockout effect. Will buy a bigger bottle of it instead of the vials. Hopefully better economy.

Jillybeans in bloom look great. they are in the start of week 5 and are putting on the weight now. There are already some leaves that are fully coated in crystal. I am presuming by habitus that I have three of the sativa pheno and one hybrid pheno. There was another phenotype but I culled it as they were growing half as well as the others. They just weren't vigorous compared to the Jillybean. If this becomes a staple in the garden as expected, I may have to revise my plans of having four plants per light as that may be too many. These plants are very bushy and seemed to bush instead of stretch. I will be happy to keep either phenotype I have. I am very impressed.

The Superskunks that are in flush are doing alright. I have had bigger, but I am content and ready to move on. I made the mistake of putting three earthboxes under one light and that clearly was too much and the crowding lead to spindly growth as they weren't getting enough air flow. I corrected the problem but damage was done. The CO2 is releasing in front of the fan for these plants and although the plants aren't big, the crystal content will help make up for it in weight and appeal (fingers are crossed).

In the veg area there was one more plant that rooted. The two remaining to show roots are little cuts I took from the GDP. I haven't heard of this variety being hard to clone so they will be given more time. They passed the tug test so there is something growing down there. The next set of cuttings will be taken later today and will all be GDP. I want to do a bloom run of these genetics finally. Now that I think of it, I will put the GDP mother and the JH mother into that bloom slot downstairs in a couple weeks.

Edited by Ohmless, 29 January 2013 - 04:13 PM.

• Turf, teddys head, HD96 and 1 other like this

#50 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Ohm you are becoming my "go to journal" to read when not feeling well............... the reading is soothing to me....... keep it coming!

hope you had a good look at the partial eclipse you were attempting to see... wow the size of that thing! very nice.

be well & keep healing
  • teddys head and Ohmless like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gardening, philosophy, caregiving, hash, medical use, earthbox, wicking, hempy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users