#1 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Hello all. I have been bashful about sharing my garden with you all but that is changing now. I decided it was unfair to learn from the threads of others and not share my experiences/garden. I am sorry for the quality of the photos for now as I am new to photography and am trying to take pics with a camera on a phone that has no flash. I will work on my skills. I have a 3 Kw bloom room and 520w veg area for growing the sativa pheno of Sensi seedbank's Superskunk, TGA's Jillybean(3 phenos), clone line of Grand Daddy Purps, and a clone line of Jack Herer. I am in the process of initial blooming of the 4 Jillybean plants so I can do a bio assay(smoke test) for final phenotype selection. And am taking cuttings of the Jack Herer and GDP so that those donor plants will be put into bloom for testing. Attached File  IMG_20130115_210447.jpg   112.71KB   29 downloads I am a science nerd if you couldn't already tell. I am a disabled physician with a muscular dystrophy and lumbar degenerative disc disease. Gardening cannabis for medical use has been my passion for around twenty years and caregiving is my new avocation since I can no longer practice. I say avocation because all money accepted as donations are put toward equipment and expenses with no profit. The most powerful message in "the Book of the Five Rings" in my first few readings was as follows: "From knowing one thing, you know ten thousand things". This has brought such enlightenment to how I gardened with a single light and a couple plants to dozens of plants under 8kw at one time for a patient cooperative No matter the size of the current job at hand, I visualize what I would do to combat an issue on a small scale/no budget to a full sized residential grow with healthy budget. That way I can tackle a problem in a money saving effective manner. This is the way of the grow..

Edited by Ohmless, 16 January 2013 - 03:53 AM.

• Greenview, Gatorx313, Turf and 4 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

the plants in the pic were the four Jillybean plants BTW I grow for myself and two other people and am easily under my plant count also for the record!

Edited by Ohmless, 16 January 2013 - 01:08 AM.

#3 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

I am on for the journey Ohm!!! wishing you a wonderful blossoming garden.... and its so nice that we get to see the Garden Of Ohm :)

am looking forward to all the goings on.... and I hope you are finding alot of relief from our plant.

Be well & grow on!!!
hugs
  • Gatorx313, Turf, teddys head and 4 others like this

#4 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Attached File  superskunks.jpg   191.74KB   24 downloads this is the class of sativa pheno superskunks. 6 in three earthboxes. An earthbox is a soil-less wicking planter box around 15" x 30". Learn more about them at earthbox.com Attached File  adds.jpg   114.76KB   26 downloads these are some of my additives though not all of them. My main recipe is simple. Add additives first. I use koolbloom 5-10ml(to bloom nutes) and floralicious plus 1ml in every gallon(bloom, veg and cuttings). I also add 5ml per gallon of Mr. moustach(a calmag supplement) once weekly as needed. My veg recipe is GH 3 part in a 5ml of floramicro, 5ml of floragrow, 5ml of florabloom per gallon. My bloom recipe is 10ml floramicro, 5ml of floragrow, and 15ml of florabloom per gallon added in that order. I have many other organic supplement and nutrients/guanos for future use in experimenting organics. My upcoming experiments include using my earthboxes as large hempy buckets. I already bought the vermiculite and perlite and want to compare that to a box of coco with 30% perlite. This will have to wait until the next round is added to the bloom room. Right now only room for a couple and those will be the GDP donor and the JH donor plants that go into bloom room tomorrow.

Edited by Ohmless, 16 January 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#5 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Just harvested 5 Sativa pheno superskunk. So far have a couple small tubs that hold roughly 3-4 oz each, what you see on the enclosed drying rack and what is in the couple nursery trays. The racks are enclosed to prevent loose pet hairs in the air to land on the flowers. Attached File  rack.jpg   75.78KB   25 downloadsAttached File  tbd.jpg   103.41KB   38 downloads Next image is of the sugar trim. I have always freshly frozen my trim for making water hash but will soon be experimenting with making BHO. I already own all needed parts and am just waiting for the trim to dry. This is not all my trim. actually only about a half of it. Attached File  trim.jpg   114.68KB   30 downloads
  • Greenview, Gatorx313, Turf and 5 others like this

#6 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Attached File  transit.jpg   29.53KB   6 downloads here is my other avocation. I thoroughly love amateur astronomy. This image of the Transit of Venus was made by projecting the image of the sun through a telescope onto a cardboard box.
  • Greenview, Gatorx313, Turf and 7 others like this

#7 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Hey Ohm- Very interesting stuff, indeed. Glad to see you starting a journal here. Will be following the journey. Good karma to you on your grow! -Scoob
  • Greenview, Gatorx313, teddys head and 3 others like this

#8 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

very nice... full trays and astronomy ;)

sounds like a good combo to me!
  • Greenview, Gatorx313, teddys head and 4 others like this

#9 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Ohm.... thanks for posting this.... heheh...ya gals look so good! :drool: muA

#10 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

thanks for the love everybody. tomorrow i will go into depth about my veg room situation and share pics of my hash pipe and my silver surfer vaporizer.

#11 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

BTW, I am in no way wanting to imply that I am a "master". I think that anyone that calls themselves that is a fraud or a fool. Practice and education are lifelong endeavors. There is wisdom to be learned in the basics when read at all levels of this avocation. "From knowing one thing, you know ten thousand things" This is the way of the grow.

Edited by Ohmless, 16 January 2013 - 03:51 AM.

#12 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Today I will take you on a tour of my vegetative garden, but to make sense of it we need to understand goals in the flower room. I have a perpetual grow of 3kw that will soon be a 4kw garden. With an 8 week strain, that is placing 4 new plants into bloom every two weeks to form a canopy under a kw lamp. My current vegetative area is inadequate for this and would require another two 150w hps. To obtain this, I would have to move my laptop and vaporizer out of this room. them the breaks. To make four plants big enough to fill up the light from a Kw lamp, the plants need to be topped and vegged for extra time. I noticed a big difference in yield having four big plants over 6 smaller plants. I also need to grow extra plants so the weakest can be culled. I normally cull after the cuttings are rooted leaving one or two extra plants and when i am ready for transplant into earthboxes or 5 gallon buckets. this normally requires taking twice as many cuttings as needed for final bloom. My limiting resource is electricity and cannot waste room in the bloom room on weak plants. Attached File  cuts.jpg   93.91KB   11 downloads These cuttings were just taken last night. Two Jack Herer, two Grand Daddy Purps, and five superskunk. The best of the JH and GDP will become a mother plant while the superskunk are destined for bloom production if needed. Attached File  jbs.jpg   106.23KB   19 downloads These are cuts of TGA Jillybean ready for transplant into one gallon buckets. Age around 2 weeks rooted. They have such vigor and flowered rapidly compared to the superskunk. I expect high yields compared to the superskunk. Attached File  skunks.jpg   72.98KB   19 downloads these are superskunks(age about 4-6 weeks) that are destined for bloom production. The most vigorous was already chosen for motherhood. the best 6 will go into earthboxes when room arrives in the bloom room. Until then they continue to get topped. Attached File  mothers.jpg   112.73KB   16 downloads this is a picture of 3 plants. The far left is the superskunk mother, the top right is the soon to be bloomed GDP and the bottom is the soon to be bloomed Jack Herer.
  • Greenview, Gatorx313, Desiderata and 4 others like this

#13 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2251 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

nice ohm lookin sweet :) bonghead
  • Greenview, Gatorx313, teddys head and 2 others like this

#14 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

pass the popcorn! :D hehehe muA

#15 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

here ya go medi.... Attached File  Popcorn.jpg   3.07KB   0 downloads showtime in the garden of Ohm :)

and I loved this (may I borrow and add to my signature? lol) : "From knowing one thing, you know ten thousand things" This is the way of the grow.

flyingsmiley.gif
  • Greenview, Gatorx313, Desiderata and 3 others like this

#16 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

This would not be the way of the grow without some discussion on strategy. Looking ahead at possible outcomes medical/legal/civil before thinking of growing. It may be legal where you live but still have use around children or having a garden might still affect child custody. There might be lesser penalties for growing based on plant numbers or what not. It is the responsibility of the grower to prevent negative outcomes by minimizing risk and strong personal security/secrecy. For the record, I am in a legal medical state and am in full compliance with all state laws. feel free pl. thanks for the encouragement all

Edited by Ohmless, 16 January 2013 - 06:53 PM.

#17 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Attached File  calmag.jpg   88.83KB   10 downloads this is the calmag supplement I love to use. It is an american company and a easy to use product. It is called Mr Mucha Stash calmag supplement. Every time I use this with a standard bloom mix composed of GH 3 part I do not have to adjust the pH. I think that is a nice touch to a good product that delivers. It is also cheaper than calimagic per volume. I use as recommended on the bottle, 5-10ml/gallon once a week at the most. My bloom room is unfinished as I want to wall off a 12x10 area so there will be less air to dehumidify or to cool with ac when the time comes. So my room is currently a 12x15 room in a basement that has no windows, two air cooled hoods,and one non-cooled hood. I constantly air exchange with a 8" HO can fan combo when I am out of co2. Otherwise I have the co2 on half the time when the lights are on and have the vent fan off half the time when the lights are on. My co2 is just a trickle but it does the trick with adding sugar. Attached File  closetscrubber.jpg   138.3KB   11 downloads this is where my charcoal is. I cannot lift the thing so it is on the closet floor. It preferentially pulls hot air from the top of the room cause of all the plastic and duct tape. Each day I plan what I need to do by writing a wish list. It is a brainstorming of ideas of what I can do to improve my garden today. Some of what I write down is free, some of it is purchases. I discuss the finances with my brother as he is in charge of that and we do what is possible. Then despite my depression and back problems, I try to get everything done on the list the best I can.

#18 Bonelessme

Bonelessme

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

nice glad you started jornal as we discussed thanks freind great growing

#19 Turf

Turf

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1985 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

looking great ohm!!!! i love the venus pic :) keep on growing!

#20 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

There are four Ways in which men pass through life: as gentlemen, farmers, artisans and merchants.

THE WAY OF THE FARMER. Using agricultural instruments, he sees springs through autumns with an eye on the changes of season.

SECOND IS THE WAY OF THE MERCHANT. The wine maker obtains his ingredients and puts them to use to make his living. The Way of the merchant is always to live by taking profit. This is the Way of the merchant.

THIRDLY THE GENTLEMAN WARRIOR, carrying the weaponry of his Way. The Way of the warrior is
to master the virtue of his weapons. If a gentleman dislikes strategy he will not appreciate the benefit of weaponry, so must he not have a little taste for this?

FOURTHLY THE WAY OF THE ARTISAN. The Way of the carpenter is to become proficient is the use of his tools, first to lay his plans with a true measure and then to perform his work according to plan. Thus he passes through life. These are the four Ways of the gentleman, the farmer, the artisan and the merchant.

I am working on each of these ways this very minute. Most obviously is the farmer as I grow and that of the merchant as I am a caregiver for a couple people. I feel the way of the gentleman warrior for people in the grow lifestyle is to become politically active with signature drives and other anonymous ways of expressing your beliefs discreetly. The tools of the warrior are secrecy and discretion using the way of strategy. This also involves becoming adept at the state and federal laws so an error that makes one open for prosecution are avoided. As for the way of the artisan, I recently changed up my supplements for bloom in effort to increase plant vigor and hope flavor also is improved. I am also learning new arts necessary of a caregiver that I am eager to share with you.

Today after weeks of research in the journals of others I got my feet wet in making cannabalm. I am too lazy to clean up roots ATM and have tons of trim so I thought a topical would work wonders for my mother's shoulder. In a slow cooker I added 2 cups of coconut oil, 6 cups of water and as much fresh frozen trim as I could fit in the cooker. I will be cooking this shy of 180 degrees F for a full day before straining and then putting in the fridge. I took out most of the stems for future making of tincture and it was a good thing. I am following the SR method that uses an immersion blender and it did get clogged a few times with small stems. otherwise it is all a pureed and cooking away. This is a first attempt but I am optimistic of a good outcome.

Another aspect of my craft I want to explore is BHO extraction. I have all that I need except razor blades, parchment paper and an extention cord. I also need to clean all machine oil off of the metal parts prior to run. I will likely run this experiment in a couple days..Attached File  tube.jpg   84.22KB   7 downloads

as for my gardening, I was having trouble getting all the supplements i wanted in the bloom nutrient solution and replaced the maxicrop, superthrive, and humic acids with one product that has all called floralicious plus. I am currently running the 5-10-15 GH 3 part recipe, koolbloom (5-10ml) with floralicious(1ml) plus every watering. Roughly weekly I add the Mr Mucha Stash calmag. On a different weekly watering I add a tablespoon of molasses, and the third watering if there is one I bump up the koolbloom to 10ml.

Kaizen (改善?), Japanese for "improvement", or "change for the better" refers to philosophy or practices that focus upon continuous improvement of processes in manufacturing, engineering, and business management. It has been applied in healthcare,[1] psychotherapy,[2] life-coaching, government, banking, and other industries. When used in the business sense and applied to the workplace, kaizen refers to activities that continually improve all functions, and involves all employees from the CEO to the assembly line workers. It also applies to processes, such as purchasing and logistics, that cross organizational boundaries into the supply chain.[3] By improving standardized activities and processes, kaizen aims to eliminate waste (see lean manufacturing). Kaizen was first implemented in several Japanese businesses after the Second World War, influenced in part by American business and quality management teachers who visited the country. It has since spread throughout the world[4] and is now being implemented in many other venues besides just business and productivity.

My next Kaizen improvement to my garden is to hopefully get rid of these fungus gnats for good. I plan on weekly soil drenches of azamax. As most of my pots are bottom fed this shouldnt really affect the roots much if I treat just the top inch or so of soil in the earthboxes. I will likely begin this experiment in a week or so. Attached File  azamax.jpg   129.23KB   7 downloads I believe kaizen practice is inherent in the way of the merchant. Mastery of all the ways is necessary to master the way of the grow.

Edited by Ohmless, 18 January 2013 - 12:33 AM.

• Greenview, Gatorx313, Desiderata and 4 others like this

#21 Bonelessme

Bonelessme

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

WOW so great a read

#22 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

totally agree with hope.... an awesome read.... am paying attention :) and am looking forward to hearing how your oil turned out for you and the results you're able to benefit from!

be well
flyingsmiley.gif

#23 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationGreat Lakes Region

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

Azamax will surly take care of the Black Fly (Gnat) problem you have. Be sure to read carefully though, as you'll only need a 0.4% (2 fl oz) strength to 1 gallon of water for gnats. This product can be used as a foliar spray or drench without harm to the plants. I have used it in the past & I never had any problems, great product.

#24 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Third is the Fire book. This book is about fighting. The spirit of fire is fierce, whether the fire be small or big; and so it is with battles. The Way of battles is the same for man to man fights and for ten thousand a side battles. You must appreciate that spirit can become big or small. What is big is easy to perceive: what is small is difficult to perceive. In short, it is difficult for large numbers of men to change position, so their movements can easily be predicted. An individual can easily change his mind, so his movements are difficult to predict. You must appreciate this. The essence of this book is that you must train day and night in order to make quick decisions. In strategy it is necessary to treat training as a part of normal life with your spirit unchanging. In the School of the Grow, the spirit of fire is manifested as motivation no matter the size of the job at hand. This motivation is nothing unless acted upon. One must transplant once the plants indicate that they want it, one must complete their daily checklist, one must sit in their garden and monitor for pests, and one must react with correction whenever they see something in their garden needs extra care. One must also plan for what they would do if something were to occur. The strategist makes small things into big things, like building a great Buddha from a one foot model. I cannot write in detail how this is done. The principle of strategy is from having one thing, to know ten thousand things.This is the way of the grow. My spirit of fire was directed by making my daily to do/shopping list and then prioritizing. I bought all the necessary shopping for the BHO extraction except for the parchment paper. This purchase along with my first BHO extraction will occur tomorrow. Instead of transplanting the JH and GDP for bloom, I choose the best two superskunks after the mother was selected. Those two superskunks are now in a 3:1 mix of perlite and vermiculite in an earthbox. They are now acclimating to being under a kw lamp. I also transplanted all the Jillybean that were in solo cups into either a soil-less mix or in the same 3:1 hempy mix filled one gallon pot. Attached File  hempyearthbox.jpg   106KB   5 downloadsAttached File  jbonegallon.jpg   75.94KB   8 downloads My CO2 tank has no air diffusing hose to hang over the lights so one part of the garden preferentially gets CO2. I will be shopping the hydro shops for this hose. I dread having to get off my ass to make one myself. The white things hanging in front of the fans are hot shot diffusers. they are my only control for the fungus gnats, but they are starting to get old and ineffective. Azamax sometime this week. Thanks for the report on how well it works for gnats Zoot. Attached File  dioxidefan.jpg   164.25KB   8 downloads Report will come later tonight on the balm experiment. It is scheduled to be filtered and then cooled at 9PM EST. I will take a pic or two.

Edited by Ohmless, 18 January 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#25 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Attached File  balmcooker.jpg   77.47KB   9 downloads This is the balm/puree after a full day of cooking at roughly 180 degrees F. Will filter and then use boiling water to rinse the goop for added yield. will take pic of cookie or tub of balm when solid.
  • Tokecrazy, Greenview, Gatorx313 and 5 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gardening, philosophy, caregiving, hash, medical use, earthbox, wicking, hempy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users