• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Genesis 1:29

Genesis 1:29

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

this year we grew a high CBD strain Cannatonic to extract into oil and the results just came in today. we did a reflux extractions in both isopropyl and grain alcohol and had each along with a sample of the dry flower tested. the Cannatonic flower tested at 10.26% THC 10.89% CBD and 0.64% CBN the IPA extraction yielded an 8.4% return and the oil tested at 35.07% THC 47.43% CBD and 2.90 CBN the ETOH extraction yielded a 15.2% return and the oil tested at 30.12% THC 46.28% CBD and 2.68 CBN
  • Desiderata, Turpene, teddys head and 7 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21658 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Looks like good numbers and the THC/CBD ratios are right in line with what you would expect.
  • teddys head, sandbreak, HD96 and 1 other like this

#3 Desiderata

Desiderata

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for sharing that, Genesis. The numbers look like good medicine to me.
  • teddys head, sandbreak, HD96 and 1 other like this

#4 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Genisis...th@ is a great result!.....now......how does the oil work in practice ?...compared to others you may have tried? thinking.gif muA
  • teddys head, PoeticLife, sandbreak and 3 others like this

#5 EektheGrey

EektheGrey

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Yes, awesome work, Uhh, did someone have the defibrilator on the ready? You know, to bring you back? Eek
  • teddys head, PoeticLife, sandbreak and 2 others like this

#6 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

Good info, thanks for sharing! Cannatonic is one of the high CBD strains that we're growing.
  • Desiderata, teddys head, PoeticLife and 3 others like this

#7 MasterDro

MasterDro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Cannatonic~ Harlequin ~ R4 - All we grow here for Coconut Oil capsules and High quality Supercritical extractions. Love your post GW, show love and compassion behind the science. Many of us making oils are bombarded by people that have nothing but dollars in their eyes, when all I care about is perfected product for end user! Dro
  • Graywolf, teddys head, PoeticLife and 3 others like this

#8 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Attached File  GC results-1-1.jpg   78.05KB   5 downloadsThanks for the good thoughts brother Dro! We just brought our new gas chromatograph on line and as soon as we are satisfied with the calibrations, we will analyze our own Cannatonic and Hawaiian Bubble Gift and report back.
  • bongbonghi, Desiderata, GoophyPhucker and 6 others like this

#9 Genesis 1:29

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

we recently made a batch of oil that tested at 50.09% THC 30.13% CBD and 0.35% CBN and this oil also proves to be non-psychotropic. even a couple people that are hypre sensitive to regular oil have taken large doses and been fine so I can see the high CBD offsetting the negative effects of high THC but my fear is that it may also offset the healing. I really hope that the healing is in the THC and this higher CBD will just make it less unpleasant to take and not less effective...
  • teddys head, sandbreak, r15c and 1 other like this

#10 MasterDro

MasterDro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

CBD is the cannabinoid with the most healing properties, Main reason we are stressing genetics to get mostly CBD plants. THC has been the primary factor in most grows and you will find no shortage of that! CBD at higher ratios is what the real patient is after.
  • Desiderata, teddys head, sandbreak and 1 other like this

#11 WemmyPoo511

WemmyPoo511

• Seasoned Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

Amazing report, especially on the cbd side.. cbd is assumed to be the best healer, with the cb2/immune system response, but 100% thc has been more than enough to cure all the disease's. Max cbd should help, but, the psychedelic one has proved to kill off, and help just as much. Providing you have the tolerance. Been there, done it, seen the patients.
  • teddys head, sandbreak and Ohmless like this

#12 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

I knew i should of bought this strain.
  • PoeticLife and Ohmless like this

#13 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

Interesting discussion on THC vs CBD for healing.

Often, in medicine, there are proponents of a chemical that 'facilitate" the assimilation of other 'medications' (for lack of a better word)...An accelerant of sorts. I am of the belief, that both components; thc and cbd are necessary for a "full" cure. And, perhaps, restore the immune system.

As, with most major disease, the auto-immune system is severely compromised. Having a vessil to get to the damaged areas of the immune system and, at the same time, combat the side-effects of the 'conventional' medications (if one is taking any). I tend to think the THC helps more in spreading the healing, throughout the body and the cbd, rides along for the cure. imo

I use CBD rich strains; Blueberry and Skywalker, and a CBD tincture; plus OG Kush.

Master Dro; Super Critical~extraction: Pretty good. There are a few of those here in So. Calif. and getting a workout.

cbds, most definitely do not have any noticeable side effects, in a large dose. The thc, well..I'll start a thread on cannabis oil and side effects: I think it is over-due, if I can't find one, already. smhug.gif Patients and caregivers, need a place to talk about effects that may not be their disease. nailbiting.gif pr
  • teddys head likes this

#14 BobGereck

BobGereck

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

hi im treating prostatecancer with a green crack rso oil its all I had to make oil out of the high thc 68%sativa strain took me 5 weeks to get up to a gram.i am thinking of switching to an oil made from sour diesel however it is also a sativa and stonger but im hearing it is a great oil for cancer.down at the va they have a special form for it.i was told they wont go in twice. meaning if you have to change pads 4 and 5 times during the day you get max disability. and they wont go in to change the results.
  • teddys head and painretreat like this

#15 Genesis 1:29

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:58 AM

this season we grew a few Cannatonics and the oil tested at 36.5% THC 39.1% CBD and 0.3 CBN.

Attached Files

• teddys head, sandbreak and painretreat like this

#16 BobGereck

BobGereck

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

the oil worked for me everythihg clear im making a batch using a new method . I believe thc is as important as cbd.skunkpharm.com all the best bob
  • painretreat likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users