#26 DaydreamDelight

DaydreamDelight

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Just a little update Kittypup. Didn't have the coco so I took potting soil mixed with perlite for my medium. Placed the clones on a five gallon bucket lid raise 5" off the table instead of the dishpan. Couldn't find my candle warmer so I stuck a 40 watt incandescent bulb under it. This is the 6th day the clones are doing better than any other method I've tried. So far I'm 6 for 6 am I'm really pleased with the results. Wish I had a new camera to take pics, but I just purchased a 600 watt HPS/MH light system instead of a new camera. I'm working with Northern Light Blue, so come harvest time the first bowl will be dedicated in your honor for your fine tutorial. Once again thank you for your knowledge.
  • teddys head, PoeticLife, DoobieDuck and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Ohhhh... I'm sooo happy to hear that!!! and very glad it's worked well for you... heck just a couple more days and off with the domes! woohoo!!!... Now if we can just get Poet sorted... hehehehe! I started this method in soil and perlite... and just continued on when switched to coco. Seems to work well all the way around. Thank you so much for your kind words Hugs!
  • teddys head, DoobieDuck, HD96 and 2 others like this

#28 1highman

1highman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

Kitty, I have a question about this. Why would you use the grow nutes which contains more nitrogen (leaf growth/health) instead of bloom nutes which contains more phosphorus (root growth/health)?
  • teddys head likes this

#29 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hi 1high nice to meet you! I'm not sure if what you are saying above is exactly right. Your root systems are established in veg not in flower. I don't even give my girls that I flip bloom nutes until they have the bud sets coming in strong. Usually a week or 2 after the flip. When I take my clones it's usually in veg way before the flip.... some of them are just from topping the plants. The cuttings are coming from plants that are used to the grow nutes so my thinking on that was the cuttings will be used to them too. No shock.. and they have food to take off with as soon as the roots pop out. Yeah I know... many have said before you aren't supposed to feed clones.. let alone start clones with nutes till established... I just got to thinking about things the other way and tried it and it's worked out very well for me. Hope this helps... and if you have anymore questions I'll be happy to try to answer the best I can. Hugs!
  • teddys head and PoeticLife like this

#30 1highman

1highman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Ok, I see what you're saying now. Thank you for clearing that up for me.
  • PoeticLife likes this

#31 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

More than happy to 1high. If ya need anything else.. just give a yell. Hugs!
  • PoeticLife and HD96 like this

#32 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21658 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Cloning is like growing, everybody has their own style, once you find what works best for you, your made in the shade.
  • DoobieDuck and HD96 like this

#33 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

You got that right KD.. and what works for some may not work for all. Hugs!
  • DoobieDuck and HD96 like this

#34 DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationThe Real Nothern Cal..

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

You got that right KD.. and what works for some may not work for all.

Hugs!

Kitty that's so important to tell people, some of my strains started rooting right away when others never rooted at all, using identical methods at the same time. I've seen a lot of posts claiming this and breeders now are promoting their strains as "easy to clone" varieties as well. Good work Kitty and KD for emphisizing this....DD
  • Desiderata, PoeticLife and HD96 like this

#35 Inee

Inee

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOn the edge.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

Wow this is looking like it worked like a charm for me. Six cuttings 2 sleestackxskunk 4 pineapple chunk - all six look like they will be just fine and strangely, to me, they didn't even seem to go into shock until the domes came off the morning of the 11th day. 24 hrs later all look perky. Thanks Kittypup, can't wait till time to repot so I can see how the roots are. <3 <3 <3
  • PoeticLife likes this

#36 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

rofl.... "now if we can just get Poet sorted" ha ha ha...........round ? coming tomorrow! and may do a few diffferent methods figuring something will come of it! The "mom" has so many future cuts to be taken that I know something will take this time around :)

Hugs!

#37 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

Wow this is looking like it worked like a charm for me. Six cuttings 2 sleestackxskunk 4 pineapple chunk - all six look like they will be just fine and strangely, to me, they didn't even seem to go into shock until the domes came off the morning of the 11th day. 24 hrs later all look perky. Thanks Kittypup, can't wait till time to repot so I can see how the roots are. <3 <3 <3

I'm sooo glad it worked well for you... big congrats sweetie and thank you for your kind words!
Hugs!

rofl.... "now if we can just get Poet sorted" ha ha ha...........round ? coming tomorrow! and may do a few diffferent methods figuring something will come of it! The "mom" has so many future cuts to be taken that I know something will take this time around :)

Hugs!

Fingers and toes crossed here Poet... you'll get it sweetie and right now our dang weather isn't cooperating a bit. Think I might loose 2 of the DH. They were in the back corner of the tub and not sure but may have been a bit chilly for them... not sure what is up.. but I put the domes back on the last night so will give them a couple days and see what happens. Can't win them all for sure but I'm not complaining... even if I loose those 2 will still have 7 nice and healthy and betting we run outta room again too LOL!

Hugs!
  • DoobieDuck likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users