7 replies to this topic

#1 grampa tom

grampa tom

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

I guess i have asked just about every question i can think of except about water. I have read that useing alkaline water with your plants help produce bigger buds and more weight.. I wonder if i could get someone to comment on it.. If it does work and how do you make alkaline water. Grampa tom
  • Tokecrazy, teddys head and HD96 like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy

Hydro Guru

• Super Administrators
  • 6448 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hey G-Tom here's a couple links that will help you understand it better. Peace
http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/ph.html

http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/

http://en.wikipedia....i/Water_ionizer
  • teddys head and HD96 like this

#3 GarageGrower

GarageGrower

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

I've never heard of such a thing, but if you want to make water alkaline add pH up until it is as alkaline as you want.
  • teddys head likes this

#4 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Some plants like an alkaline soil but most don't. Hemp prefers it a bit acid.
  • Tokecrazy, Turf and teddys head like this

#5 grampa tom

grampa tom

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

it was late last night that i came across a website that was out in the hawaiian islands some where,, were i came across the posting about alkaline water being good for bud developement and growth.. because i have never heard about this before i had to ask.. i thought if it was something new bring done i could find out about it at GREEN PASSIONIi I have such bad water were i live , we are advised not to drink it . the nitrates are extremely high and i hear we now have urnanium in it as well.. i live about 59 miles from Fresno, Ca up the mountains towards Yosemity they say we have bad water because of the minning that was done here during the Gold Rush Days. I do need to do something about the water .. If some of you could Please help me come up with a way of providing better water or a better water source Id appricate it
  • teddys head likes this

#6 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

High nitrates can skew a fert schedule a bit. As for metals it depends on what and how much. You should be able to get a water quality report from your water supplier or the state that will tell you what is in it.
  • teddys head likes this

#7 grampa tom

grampa tom

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

hi teddys head, I thought that A RO unit took everything out of the water and left you without the trace elements the plants need.. Am i wrong.. grampa tom
  • teddys head likes this

#8 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

hi teddys head,
I thought that A RO unit took everything out of the water and left you without the trace elements the plants need.. Am i wrong..

grampa tom

A ro system by itself will reduce it to about 20 ppm and if it has a de-ionizing "polishing" filter it can get down to 0 ppm. You will need to add some form cal-mag (calcium&magnesium) that is normally in ground water. A filter like this http://www.purewater...products_id=270 works very well for a smallish grow. But like I said you really need a water report to know how bad yours is.
  • teddys head likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users