• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

Posted Image

New weed that won't get you high sure to bum out stoners
4 hrs ago

Sad news, stoners. Scientists in Israel have cross-bred a new type of medical marijuana that essentially removes the dopey, high-inducing properties from it — basically, it's pot that won't get you stoned. Researchers with Tikun Olam have meticulously cross-bred their medical pot to eliminate most of the psychoactive THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) properties from it; instead, the cannabis has a high concentration of cannabidiol (CBD), a potent anti-inflammatory. The result is a substance that's great for woozy-free pain relief, terrible for stoners trying to get high. [Source]
  • bongbonghi, plant boy, teddys head and 5 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

I can see what is going to happen,, In the future, when the pharma's take over our medicine and when prescribed to anyone, the days of THC will be gone, This is what they want, they don't want us to be naturally even slightly high,, I'm watching like everyone else but I am also keeping how I medicate to myself,, I don't like what I see for the future,,, SO MANY have fought for our freedom and the freedom to use this wonderful plant as medicine, They fight to get the medicine to the sick through dispensaries and caregivers,, We created all of this and most have been very professional trying to build up their businesses, and most are very compassionate at helping the sick which is something else we will lose if the gov, and pharma's take over,,, This poor plant has been put through hell and now they are doing a pretty good job at changing what has worked for generations.. HELP US ALL!!!!!!! Thank you Blue
  • bongbonghi, plant boy, teddys head and 6 others like this

#3 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

I hope I can get some of those seeds high cbd bud should make some for some good meds. But I think they will find or at least I hope they will find that it's the combo of thc/cbd that promotes the best healing for many illnesses.But yes I can see them making this legal and trying to make our plant the demon they say it is and keep it illegal.
  • plant boy, teddys head, PoeticLife and 6 others like this

#4 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

I was thinking,, In my post I started ranting without really thinking about what this thread is about,, This is a really good thing and I am sorry for jumping in and not looking at the real picture here... Many people are going to want the CBD without the high.. Peace and Good Health!!!!!!

#5 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

I was thinking,, In my post I started ranting without really thinking about what this thread is about,, This is a really good thing and I am sorry for jumping in and not looking at the real picture here... Many people are going to want the CBD without the high.. Peace and Good Health!!!!!!

I whole heartily agree with ya Deb. It's a good thing but I worry about pollen chuckers trying to make high cbd strains
and sometime down the line most great buds out there will get watered down.
Peace,
Blue

#6 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

That's one of the many reason's I want to try to make seeds of any of the strains I grow Blue so if they do somehow muck them up at least I will have a supply of real seeds.And I don't think you were really wrong Deb they don't have our best interests at heart and I too can see them trying some nefarious B.S.Thinking they can somehow cut the MMJ movement off at the knees with this new discovery.But I do hope that strain does come to market I would love to try some N N,balm and root oil made of almost all cbd bud.
  • plant boy, teddys head, sandbreak and 5 others like this

#7 MedicineMuse

MedicineMuse

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationNortheast

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

Watch Monsanto try to get their greedy poisoned hands on this plant...won't be long now. If Industrial Hemp is legalized anywhere in USA they will be sure to have a part in it and will be spreading GMO Ganja pollen all over the world. Hate to sound conspiracy theory on you all...but that's how I feel. SAVE YOUR SEEDS PEOPLE! MM
  • bongbonghi, plant boy, teddys head and 6 others like this

#8 joeya

joeya

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1868 posts
  • LocationColorado!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

I don't believe that THC is going to go away, there are too many medical benefits associated with it that don't come with CBD. To date, THC is the only cannabanoid to be sold in a pill by big pharma (Marinol) so they have already defeated the argument that buzz free MJ should replace it. As to the argument about contaminating genetics, I think back to the 1980's when High Times magazine would print warnings to avoid breeding with ruderalis strains to make auto flowering plants. Needless to say, the abundance of powerful auto's available and grown by many of us give testament to the validity of that over-reaction. I believe the no THC genetics will have their place, we just need to take care that our favorite strains remain intact, and this is something that many already do quite well! J A

#9 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

it will be beneficial for those that want to avoid the effects of thc.... I am not one of them.... I like the "head high" for me its the only way to escape many aspects of illness.

Proud Stoner & patient!
  • plant boy, teddys head, sandbreak and 6 others like this

#10 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

For daytime meds, I personally would *love* to have a high CBD-low THC strain - so that i can drive and do other things that require clear-headedness. After several years of taking low doses of opioids for pain and not being able to drive due to side effects, I am sure ready for being able to get out and about - safely! - while getting active benefit from meds at the same time. However, I can't see how THC can be done away with entirely... it seems to be a critical component of the medical benefit for many, including me. however, I'll admit to not being big on getting high for the sake of getting high, though - while the high is enjoyable, I don't find it necessary, and sometimes it's a nuisance. (See: wanting to drive *and* be as pain-free as possible at the same time.) Also, isn't there another thread on this topic from a few months back? I seem to recall commenting on an interview with an Israeli woman who's involved in trials of a high CBD strain, but ... maybe I'm hallucinating it? ;)

Edited by sandbreak, 05 November 2012 - 06:33 PM.

• plant boy, teddys head, 420friendly and 5 others like this

#11 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

I don't believe that THC is going to go away, there are too many medical benefits associated with it that don't come with CBD. To date, THC is the only cannabanoid to be sold in a pill by big pharma (Marinol) so they have already defeated the argument that buzz free MJ should replace it.
As to the argument about contaminating genetics, I think back to the 1980's when High Times magazine would print warnings to avoid breeding with ruderalis strains to make auto flowering plants. Needless to say, the abundance of powerful auto's available and grown by many of us give testament to the validity of that over-reaction.
I believe the no THC genetics will have their place, we just need to take care that our favorite strains remain intact, and this is something that many already do quite well!

Good post! There's a spectrum of things here - in terms of the meds themselves. Different strain profiles would be helpful to many more people out there who are anxious about trying mmj in the 1st place. and while I agree that some big corporations *and lots of small businessmen) would like to exploit *any* new development, I do *not* think that the people involved in these Israeli trials are part ot the faceless corporate They/Them.
  • plant boy, teddys head, kittypup and 4 others like this

#12 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

A link to the other thread on this topic: https://www.greenpas...__fromsearch__1

The article from there: http://health.yahoo....hless-marijuana

"It's a huge advantage," said one 35-year-old patient who asked not to be identified, "I can smoke during the day, function with a lot less pain and still be focused, work and drive. It is a great gift."

The woman began suffering chronic pains after a tumor was removed from her spine. She began treatment with regular THC-containing marijuana eight months ago. Two months ago she started smoking Avidekel.

"The difference is huge. Before, I would only smoke at the end of the day and stay in pain." Now, she said, with the highless marijuana "my life is so much better."

The people who are developing this strain said

Despite Avidekel's highless benefit, Klein does not see regular marijuana disappearing any time soon. THC has its own unique effects that alleviate illness symptoms.

"Don't worry, I think that cannabis with THC will still be (around)," he said.

Edited by sandbreak, 06 November 2012 - 12:19 PM.

• plant boy, teddys head, kittypup and 2 others like this

#13 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Also... I'm an indica person for sure - the more physical relaxation and body stone, the better, though I'm wanting to try some hybrids for nausea and certain kinds of pain. So please be assured - I think the high is nice. But to each his or her own - this is not "one size fits all" medicine. :)
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy, kittypup and 1 other like this

#14 BikerPepe

BikerPepe

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationN.E. WA.

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:03 AM

Maybe someone can correct me here... but I've been kinda boggled at this whole "low-THC" plant craze being a big deal.

Aren't we really just talking about HEMP?  We already know THC is about as low as can be in HEMP.  Doesn't HEMP still have plenty of CBD?

• Bueller and plant boy like this

#15 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18495 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:01 AM

maybe not the rite kind of CBD's

• Bueller likes this

#16 BikerPepe

BikerPepe

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationN.E. WA.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:26 AM

is that a question or an answer plant boy?  seriously.  I'd really like to know if this is a sham being pulled over on the masses who are largely ignorant on the many varieties of the cannabis plant or is there some specific combination of cannabis genetics that truly make breeding a plant like "charlette's" a truly admirable feat?

As I understand it... CBD's are CBD's.  CBN's are CBN's and so on.  If it weren't the "right" CBD, then it wouldn't be a CBD, right?

If it's just about making cannabis without THC or extremely low in THC, nature had already provided that as well.

• plant boy likes this

#17 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18495 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

Charlottes web plant is not a hemp plant but a strain that is low in thc and high in cbd's, not sure if the cbd's in a hemp plant is good for anything. as you saw in the doc . weed that plant helped that little girl.genetics play a part in all things

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users