11 replies to this topic

#1 caligirl

caligirl

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

Ive been harvesting for three weeks now in northern california (semi coastal). Im surprised im not finding more updated outdoor harvesting posts. Buds have been beautiful with few worms and their trails of damage and small spots of mold. I tried to stagger my plants maturity so i would have all ripening at once. Would love to hear how harvesting is going for others.
  • Turf, bongbonghi, Lucky_Cat and 4 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

I am an indoor farmer. Sorry I can't help ya. Peace, Blue
  • bongbonghi, Lucky_Cat, teddys head and 2 others like this

#3 MedicineMuse

MedicineMuse

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationNortheast

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

Major freeze/frost coming tomorrow so I am pulling my two girls and starting to cook up major meds. The lower buds aren't ready and the uppers are amber 50% or less...I wish I could let them go another week or so. Sucks because tomorrow's frost is the only one for at least the next 8 days. MM
  • bongbonghi, Lucky_Cat, teddys head and 4 others like this

#4 Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9678 posts
  • Locationllanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

This season has been pants here, even the autos in massive pots in the greenhouse couldn't get it on, too much grey skies and rain.. the sky went 12/12 here on the 25th-is of last month.. and getting bud rot.. am picking it out but its still coming.. hopefully the sun is going to stay out to play for the next couple of weeks, tis here for a couple of days at least according to the forecast.. but my greenhouse grow this year has been pants.... but its not over yet.. should we have an indian summer will bang some clones in the greenhouse.. Not just me either, muckers across the border had huge bud rot probs and scrubbed the whole lot... will bang some pics in later of me greenhouse girl.. makes me wonder what we are doing to the planet when a plant under a 600W light is running rings around a girl in the greenhouse.. but it is what it is.
  • Tokecrazy, bongbonghi, strider and 3 others like this

#5 strider

strider

Calif. Caregiver

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • LocationLeft Coast

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

The weather gods smiled upon us this season. We brought the girls down after an almost perfect 153 days in the sunshine. They were hung in the stone house until nicely dried. Working on final trimming process. I have been smoking the OD God Bud all week. Amazing meds! Attached File  ODfin2.JPG   213.56KB   6 downloads Attached File  ODfin3.jpg   192.34KB   6 downloads I hope everybody is as busy as we have been.

Edited by strider, 12 October 2012 - 06:10 AM.

• bongbonghi, teddys head and Blue61 like this

#6 MedicineMuse

MedicineMuse

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationNortheast

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Strider, So happy you had a a kick ass harvest! I envy those of you in warmer climates...but sounds like you always have to worry about something (bud rot, mold etc) I'll let you all know how the harvest goes, and how the meds turn out with the immature parts of the plant. I have a feeling they are going to be a little floaty. Was looking for lots of amber as I am making meds primarily for sleep, restless leg, anxiety and MS. Going to be ordering some seed after a good amount of research. Looking for a high CBD shorter flowering Indica dominant that would be well suited for this Northeast climate for outdoor grow. Peace, MM
  • bongbonghi, strider, teddys head and 1 other like this

#7 caligirl

caligirl

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

nice to hear from other people about their harvests. We have had an almost perfect summer here in cali (exept for am fog) but rain in parts yesterday and predicted for today - covered plants with stakes and drop cloth - what a pain but necessary, still have four in ground and seven in 15 gal that have another week or two. This year im going by overall appearance of plant and not just trichs and pistals. Qrazy train, casey jones, jilly bean (mold issues), jacks cleaner (mildew issues), chernobyl and dairy queens still to come...
  • strider, teddys head and Blue61 like this

#8 MedicineMuse

MedicineMuse

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationNortheast

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Good luck with the harvests Cali! I hope the rain subsides and some sun comes out to help dry out your plants. We are having a gray humid day here with a little rain...and I have to chop the two girls tonight. Bummed. Hopefully it will dry up a bit later this afternoon. I am stuffing most of the harvest in the freezer to make meds, so my trimming and drying will be pretty easy I hope. Peace, MM
  • strider, teddys head and Blue61 like this

#9 caligirl

caligirl

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

hi medicinemuse, are you putting untrimmed branches in your freezer? Then defrost when ready to trim? Im still harvesting everyday and wish i could let some (qrazy trains and casey jones) go longer but we have rain in a few days so i think ill harvest everything by then. storing or freezing of part of the harvest would make trimming a lot easier.
  • teddys head and Blue61 like this

#10 MedicineMuse

MedicineMuse

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationNortheast

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

I am going to put the branches in freezer...forgot about them in garage! I know I had to harvest too early...the plants were really smelly, like camphor...not quite ripe. The upper buds had a nice amber tone, but the lowers were no where near done. I have almost all of the plant material in zip locks in the freezer. Some sugar trim and popcorn buds in bags, then fan leaves in separate bags, big buds and some sugar trim in other bags. I only dried a very small amount since I don't really smoke and hubby quit. Hope your harvest goes well Cali! Cali, I took all plant matter off branches before freezing. Branches, stems etc are in garage. Going to use the smaller bud branches in meds, not sure what to do with larger stems and branches. Roots are going to be made into oil and balm.

#11 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

Hope everyone's harvesting goes well :)

#12 caligirl

caligirl

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

its the end of october and i would have expected to see more replies about outdoor harvests?
  • teddys head, Blue61 and DEBhasgrn like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users