15 replies to this topic

#1 grampa tom

grampa tom

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

I was in the San Francisco area over the weekend visiting some of the shops.. I heard alot about a new variety called Girl Scout Cookies.. I wonder if anyone out there is or has grown this plant.. id like to find out about it. .,, including were to purchase clones or seeds.. Grampa Tom
  • bongbonghi, teddys head, 420friendly and 1 other like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

The only place I have seen it is in subcools outdoor grow vids on youtube.I wish I could be of more help.Oh wait I have also seen the seeds for sale in Skunk mag a few months ago.
  • teddys head, 420friendly and Blue61 like this

#3 grampa tom

grampa tom

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

The only place I have seen it is in subcools outdoor grow vids on youtube.I wish I could be of more help.Oh wait I have also seen the seeds for sale in Skunk mag a few months ago.

Thank You for the information
  • bongbonghi, teddys head, 420friendly and 1 other like this

#4 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

http://www.cannabiss...-scout-cookies/

http://www.leafly.co...rl-scout-cookie

http://www.medicalma...cout-cookies-2/

http://berkeleypatie...-scout-cookies/

seach here

Strain Type: Indica/Sativa Strain Lineage: Cherry Pie (Granddaddy Purple x Durban Poison x OG Kush) OG Kush x Granddaddy Purple x Durban Poison (we confirmed with the provider that while the cross did not include Cherry Pie, it was made with the same parent plants, GDP and Durban Poison.
Lab Testing Results: 17.0% THC, 0.5% CBD, 0.1% CBN
Medicinal Uses: Pain, Muscle spasms, Nausea, Appetite, MS, AIDS, Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, Glaucoma, Migraines, Gastrointestinal Issues, Cancer, Epilepsy, Arthritis, Alcoholism, Anorexia.

PCC Report:

Like just about every other industry, Cannabis is no different in falling prey to fads and what is ‘trendy’. In the past, we have seen crazes over a variety of strains: from OG Kush, to Haze, to just about anything with the color purple. Most of the time it’s simply the appearance of something new to the cannabis scene: an effect that is more pronounced, a smell or taste that has never before been explored, or a look that seems to not belong on cannabis at all. The very complexity of cannabis in and of itself makes for such vast and pronounced differences that it only makes sense that some strains would resonate with people more than others. It seems obvious then, when someone decided to breed not only OG Kush and Granddaddy Purple but Durban Poison as well, the result would be a bud almost universally loved: Girl Scout Cookies or G.S.C.

The appearance of Girl Scout Cookies is somewhat unremarkable. That is not to say it lacks beauty, but the combination of colors is nothing new to the cannabis world. Shades of light green give way to dark veins of purple, covered by an amber sheen of resin heads. However, one thing that stands out immediately about G.S.C. is it’s incredible density: small tight bud structure, akin to its progenitor OG Kush. Overall, Girl Scout Cookies appearance makes for what can be a disappointing optical illusion when comparing grams and eighths.
In general, I have found strains with similar bud density to have a less pronounced smell. With G.S.C. this is not the case. Although not reaching down your nose like Cherry AK, G.S.C. has its own distinct fragrance: deep chocolate notes, with more pungent overtones of fresh soil and mint. These hints of smell intensify as you break down cannabis, making it difficult to fully appreciate until it has been ground up.

Because of G.S.C.’ density, it is difficult to judge how much herb you will need for an appropriate size joint- in my experience, a little bit goes a long way. As expected, the scent of G.S.C. is enhanced after it is broken down, expressing even stronger character from it’s OG Kush side. Dried and cured to the standards I expect, the roll goes without incident and I am ready to medicate in minutes. Like the smell, the G.S.C. taste starts out with a strong OG Kush influence, leaving you licking your lips and trying to place just what it tastes like. As you get further into the joint however, the flavor gets sweeter and richer: elements of cocoa and undertones of Granddaddy Purple battle for your attention.

While there is a veritable bouquet in your mouth, the actual effect of GSC is most noteworthy: starting with an intense mental stimulation right between your temples, it gradually makes its way to the far reaches of your body, relaxing muscles and easing tensions as it goes. The onset of this effect is almost immediate, starting within the first couple drags of a joint. Its continued effect is energizing as well as physically therapeutic, beneficial for ailments such as pain or appetite stimulation. Truly one of the more versatile strains available, GSC is an easy one to recommend to just about everyone.

Girl Scout Cookies marijuana seeds A potent mix of an OG Kush x Durban Poison x Cherry Kush mother backcrossed with a prime-looking OG Kush father created possibly one of the best Northern California strains of all time. For those of you who are into the Bay Area rap scene, you’ve likely already smoked some of this off-the-charts weed after hearing some of the songs by San Francisco rapper and collective owner, Berner. Look for a 9 to 10 week flower when you grow Girl Scout Cookies. The yield from these ladies can be as much as 2 ounces per plant when grown indoors, and she’ll thrive when in a hydroponics environment. Suitable for a Sea of Green garden but much preferring room to branch out, most gardeners find GSC to be a highly versatile and lively strain that has shown a significant resistance to most diseases and pests.

muA
  • grampa tom, bongbonghi, 420friendly and 1 other like this

#5 grampa tom

grampa tom

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

MUA, Again my friend you have not disapointed me with information...I want you to know that i do appricate your help in providing me with information.. I do wish you were close enough to me so that we could sit and have coffee one day. Until then i will have to be content in saying Thank You. Grampa Tom.
  • bongbonghi, 420friendly and Blue61 like this

#6 420friendly

420friendly

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2288 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

What ....What....... :D I was just gifted this plant from a friend......DAMN ............. :D

I NOW HAVE A MOTHER GIRL SCOUT COOKIE .....ready to be cloned tonight....... ;)

many babies to come.................. dancinggirl.gif woot whoooo......lots to learn

Grandpa we can grow and learn together
  • bongbonghi and Blue61 like this

#7 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

anytime grampa tom :passit: :woohoo: :420: :D now ya got some info on th@ gal :D :D muA
  • bongbonghi, HD96, 420friendly and 1 other like this

#8 420friendly

420friendly

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2288 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

MUA,

Again my friend you have not disapointed me with information...I want you to know that i do appricate your help in providing me with information.. I do wish you were close enough to me so that we could sit and have coffee one day. Until then i will have to be content in saying Thank You.

Grampa Tom.

Ditto....when that day comes......we can have a group coffee smoke out........when in doubt.......I always "ASK MEDI"
  • bongbonghi, HD96 and Blue61 like this

#9 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

:lol: ...think it's simply google australia aint as choked as google usa so me searches are wider? muA
  • bongbonghi, HD96, 420friendly and 1 other like this

#10 grampa tom

grampa tom

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

It would be nice if we all could get together for a hot cup of coffee,.. i wouldnt mind it at all. i just might get a chance to enhance my knowledge some.. around me there are not what i call growers.. their knowledge is limited.. i make a lot of mistakes with my plants,, it would be nice if you all could come by some day .. with the way things are right now i wouldnt know how to let any of you know how to reach me.. if someone figures this out please let me know ,, it sure would be a pleasure to have you guys stop by.. Grampa tom
  • bongbonghi, HD96 and 420friendly like this

#11 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

muhahaha...not growers round me either....if I told anyone here the barstewards would try to use the info to screw me....for gossip with growers and exchanging idea's and info....we have GreenPassion! :passit: heeeheee muA

#12 grampa tom

grampa tom

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

maybe someday it will be differnt grampa tom

#13 grampa tom

grampa tom

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

What ....What....... :D I was just gifted this plant from a friend......DAMN ............. :D

I NOW HAVE A MOTHER GIRL SCOUT COOKIE .....ready to be cloned tonight....... ;)

many babies to come.................. dancinggirl.gif woot whoooo......lots to learn

Grandpa we can grow and learn together

420, can you tell me something about this plant.

#14 420friendly

420friendly

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2288 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

Oh I wish I could tell you something ....But I am learning about it myself ;) it is crazy that you and I got the plant at the same time :D
All I know so far is we are very lucky to have received such a wanted, requested, desired and Loved Strain !!
the only info I have is what Medi has given us so we learn together !! Posted Image
  • bongbonghi and HD96 like this

#15 Turpene

Turpene

Cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

ive sampled the Girl Scout Cookie cuts and hybrids. They are satisfyingly tasty and surely potent! Was fortunate to stumble upon a few Blue Ivy seeds that were reported to be Animal Cookies x Blue Dream
  • bongbonghi, HD96 and Blue61 like this

#16 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

blue animal cookies eh?....look anything like this :Cookie: Hysterical muA
  • bongbonghi, Desiderata and Turpene like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users