17 replies to this topic

#1 reneArtois

reneArtois

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

ok these are all autoflowers, they have been looking good up until three days ago. tomorrow, october 1st, will be week 5 from sprout soil: Miracle Gro moisture control light: 400w CMH 18/6 air: one oscillating fan and one static fan in the floor bringing air in through the bottom temps: no thermometer but the temp is always comfortable when i stick my arms in, no noticeably hot or cold temps. nutes: miracle gro bloom booster - 15-30-15 with copper, boron, chelated manganese, chelated iron, molybdenum, and zinc. pakistan rider was fed for the first time yesterday with 1/4 strength bloom booster, the ultraviolet and shot adrenaline were fed 1/4 strength on 9/27, 60 day wonder hasn't been fed yet. water: tap water, i'll be buying some kind of pH tester but all i have access to is whatever they have at home depot, probably the capsules but i'm not sure if that will work for soil. i haven't been letting the water sit out for 24 hrs like i've read mostly because we live in the same yard as my in laws and i have to limit my trips out to the shed where they are so usually by the time i think they need water i have to hurry up and get it. i have some botanicaire cal+mag i can use if y'all think i should use bottled water. pests: gnats have been a constant problem, applied pyrethrin dust at first sign of gnats and again a week later, soon as i get some cash in the next couple days i'm going to get a bag of diatomaceuos(sp?) earth to put on the soil surface. i'm at a loss here, i'm hoping that the pakistan rider just needs a little food and will correct itself soon within a couple days(i know it takes about four days for changes to show up) but i wanted to get this posted as soon as i could in case anyone notices anything drastic about to happen. i can only afford the fertilizer i already have, i am over budget on this as it is and without these plants my chances for normal days are slim to none as i can't afford to keep buying the crappy mexican brick weed that goes around here and wasting money for what provides little relief from my symptoms. here are the pics i took just a few minutes ago, i tried to take the best pics i could but the borrowed camera isn't all that great:

Attached Files

Edited by reneArtois, 30 September 2012 - 12:26 PM.

• Tokecrazy, bongbonghi, teddys head and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

Nutrient deficiencies Plant Abuse Chart and Photos by Nietzsche Nutrient Disorder Problem Solver by Jackerspackle Sick Plant Symptoms Changes in Colour of Bottom Fan Leaves Are the leaf tips curlling up, do the leaves have yellow margins or tips with green veins Are the leaf tips curling down, do they have yellow margins which are turning into dark dead spots Do the leaves have an inter-veinal banding appearance Are your leaves light green or yellow in colour Do the leaves have an overall dark green color with a purple, red, or blue pigmentation Changes in Colour or Growth on the top of the plant Iron (Fe) deficiency Are leaf tips yellowed and curled down? Crispy Dead Leaves Do the leaves have burnt blotches on them? Are the bottom leaves dying out and burning up? https://www.greenpas...-FAQ/index.html about 1/6th down the page, Rene.... there is info on plant diagnosis...as I just hadda epileptic fit am fuzzy and not up to lookin meself just yet... first glance says deficiencies...but too wacked inda heid to think clearly just now. muA
  • Tokecrazy, bongbonghi, teddys head and 4 others like this

#3 reneArtois

reneArtois

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for the speedy reply, while I don't have epilepsy I have had a handful of seizures and I know that fuzzy feeling I hope you are o.k.! It's been a very bad day here it's like every time I think everything is o.k. It all blows up again and I'm cryin my eyes out. Deficiency was my first thought as they haven't been fed anything until a few days ago. I was up until 2 a.m. This morning going over those diagnosis charts for some reason I can never fit it all together in my head, I'm also terrible at noticing similarities in anything like faces. For some reason I'm also clueless as to watering, I've been watering these when they look dry, and have still had curling leaves both up and down. I'm just at the end of my rope here, and now I'm wondering if 1/4 strength is enough? If I can't get something right soon I fear I may have to go back on Effexor to keep from losing it again, and I'm very scared of the person I become on Effexor but at least the mental pain goes away. Sorry if I sound like a baby I just really want to have a normal life again

#4 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hi Rene, You don't sound like a baby,you sound like a sick person who wants to feel well. I have not grown auto's myself but from everything I have read they don't like to much nutes.I am wondering how much is already in the MG soil.It might be too hot for them and you may need to flush out the nutes in the soil.I would add some cal/mag to your water also.Has to watering your plants,let the pots dry out and lift them to feel the weight.When they are light you know they need water. If you could post up what is in the soil it would be a big help. Peace, Blue

#5 reneArtois

reneArtois

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

i'll go fish the bag out from under the house, i know it has a wetting agent but i'll check the nute levels and post back. i will say that last year i bought a small bag, like 8qts of the miracle gro moisture control and it looked very good, dark black and soft/fluffy, and worked fine for the plant i had in there(not cannabis, just a regular plant, tomato i think or maybe the wifes flowers it's been a while), but when i bought the big bag(2cft i think), it didn't look nearly as good, lots of pieces of wood and whatnot in it, more like the miracle gro organic choice. i know one of the pots felt light when i went out there earlier to take the pics and the lights don't come on for another 3 hrs and then i'll check the rest and top them off if they are very light. i'll be back in a minute with the nute levels if i can fight the snakes off that seem to have take up residence under the house!
  • teddys head, PoeticLife, kittypup and 2 others like this

#6 reneArtois

reneArtois

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

ok here is what it says, if i need to merge these posts per any site rules just let me know: ingredients: this product is regionally formulated with sphagnum peat moss, forest products compost, coir pith fiber, perlite, a wetting agent and fertilizer guaranteed analysis total nitrogen:.................0.21% 0.12% ammoniacal nitrogen 0.09% nitrate nitrogen available phosphate........0.07% soluble potash.................0.14% iron..................................0.10% 0.10% water soluble nitrogen all these have been coated for slow release(paraphrased from the label) i hope i am just overreacting as i have had this in the past where the plant will get to a sickly looking state before i'll feed them and then once it's had enough time to make a difference they will green up, but since i've read autos are particularly nute sensitive i've been even more hesitant to feed them. i'm gonna hook up a bubble wand in the gallon water jug and get a gallon of water bubbled up and de chlorinated to water the light pots, i have a TDS meter and last time i checked our tap water was at about 155 ppm straight from the tap
  • teddys head, PoeticLife, kittypup and 1 other like this

#7 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

I think Blue61's advice re. flushing is good. Having grown Pakistan Ryder twice now, I think it is very sensitive re. nutes and can't take much. (Same for Afghan Kush Ryder and the strain I'm currently growing, Deimos by Buddha Seeds - very nice plant, though.) Hang in there, Rene!
  • teddys head and PoeticLife like this

#8 reneArtois

reneArtois

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

cool thanks sandbreak i'll flush it out best i can out there, the leaf tips are burning on it i'll have to check but i think the pak rider is the one that i added bone and blood meal to, bone on the bottom blood in the top, that pot was meant as an experiment into organic so if it's the organic pot that may be why it looks so rough, in that case a flush may not help but we'll see. today i went and got a soil pH and nutrient test kit so i can check the pH and what not. the bottom leaves of the bigger ones are starting to yellow but tomorrow will be day four after the 1/4 strength fertilizer was added so i'm gonna check the soil pH and nutrient levels and see if they are o.k.. with photoperiod plants i have waited until they look a bit yellow til i feed them and the yellow in the bottom leaves reminds me exactly of that. i found 4-5 weeks of meds today so my optimism is back and i have been in a pretty great mood just about all day now. thanks everybody for the help i'll keep this one updated until they are better!
  • teddys head, PoeticLife, sandbreak and 1 other like this

#9 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

I'll be thinking positive thoughts on the girls rebounding for you!!
flyingsmiley.gif
  • teddys head, sandbreak and Blue61 like this

#10 reneArtois

reneArtois

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

thank you!
  • teddys head, sandbreak and Blue61 like this

#11 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hey, so glad to hear that you found some! Hoping for good things with your current crop...
  • teddys head and Blue61 like this

#12 reneArtois

reneArtois

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

thanks man! i tested the pH of the soil in one plant, the 60 day wonder which doesn't look bad and it was 6. the pH of the water going in is 7. the nutrient test part of it is not very precise it just measures in high, medium, low so i don't know how helpful it will be but might help give an overall picture. i won't be able to test the other three until later on when i'm not so busy but i made a graph to keep up with it. the diatomaceous earth worked very well i think, when i went and checked on them this morning i didn't see a thing moving anywhere. i watered one that had a light pot and got a hold of my friend who recommended the shot adrenaline. he said he fed his 1/3 strength bloom nutrients between week 5 and 6 which is where i'm at so pending the results of the soil test i'm willing to bet the SA and UV will both need a feeding and i'll be aerating some water to feed tomorrow most likely and for flushing the pakistan rider unless it looks to have improved from the weak nutrients i gave it the other day, i wasn't thinking when i fed that one but it was very weak and not much of it so. the bone meal and blood meal i put in that one i don't think has had enough time to break down very well so if i can flush out what's already become water soluble i think in may be able to just let it go like it is and give it some molasses in a couple weeks, maybe some compost tea i have a big compost bin full of black stuff

Edited by reneArtois, 02 October 2012 - 03:25 PM.

• teddys head and sandbreak like this

#13 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Sounds good... some while back, another forum member grew Critical Plus, and juanca and peacepipe's advice was basically "The less interference, the better." am really finding that to be true of the autos I;'ve grown. Am *very* light on feeding, and even then, a few have suffered. Am seeing a big difference now, but then, every plant is different and has its own requirements... it's not always easy to figure that out! :)
  • teddys head likes this

#14 reneArtois

reneArtois

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

alright all the tests were done, the shot adrenaline and ultraviolet both showed low nutrients, they barely even colored the test water. all four pots pH was around 6, pak rider and 60 day wonder had med-high nutrient levels. i've got them some nutrient water bubbling now and the pH of the food is 6 with 225 ppm total dissolved solids. i've been aerating it off and on since yesterday and the plain water going in was 000 ppm TDS. the diatomaceous earth worked wonders for the bugs, and i think it may have added some silica which i've heard is a good thing when using a CMH light
  • Tokecrazy and teddys head like this

#15 reneArtois

reneArtois

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

here is an update, not sure if they are o.k. or not, but the buds seem to be growing bigger so i'm not quite sure if that's a good sign or what. sorry for the pics quality our camera is still not working so i had to use a lower quality method. the leaves edges on the shot adrenaline and ultraviolet are starting to turn purple and the leaves are all still light green. these are things i know: purple can indicate phosphorous deficiency both were fed half strength nutes about a week ago after the soil tests were both low and didn't show signs of nute burn, at least as far as i can tell. lockup could be a possibility so i flushed the one that looked the lightest yesterday with filtered water tested at 000 TDS purple can also indicate cooler temps, it's been getting cool here finally but when i check the thermometer it's mid to high seventies with the light and main fan on, it's just under eighty with the fan off, light on, and chilly outside. lightening leaves and purpling can be normal in the final stages of flowering. these are about thirty days away from being done going by the timeline given(i know the estimated grow time is under optimal conditions and will be harvesting by inspecting the trichs with my little microscope). sativa dominant plants can be lighter green than indica varieties, the "light green bud" everyone loves to get. the shot adrenaline i know is a sativa dominant plant, the ultraviolet could be higher sativa as well, it does smell very fruity like the sweetest fruit punch you could imagine. how mine look/feel the buds are firm, the leaves feel "happy" if that makes any sense, they aren't too dry. the leaf tips, even the new leaves, are very light yellow but so far it doesn't seem to take over the leaf. the buds are starting to develop visible trichomes and are noticeably bigger than last week. some of the pistils on a few of one of the plants have started to brown. there is visible very light green new growth at all the bud tips suggesting new things are being built by the plant. so that's where i'm at with this one, on the low end i've got three weeks left, on the long end i've got five maybe six, so if i can just keep them from dying for that long i should end up with some good meds finally.

Attached Files

Edited by reneArtois, 11 October 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#16 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

Looks like it's perking up now rene... cool! purpling can also be genetic...it's a melange of possibilities....but she seems to be recovering... for nute lockout check the ph of the water going in and of the water coming out....you want a ph of approx ph6-ph6.5 muA

#17 reneArtois

reneArtois

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

thanks guys! i'll get the water pH in and out next time i water them, i know the water going in is 6-7 but hadn't thought about the outgoing water's pH. i'm just super excited either way, i've been trying so long to get a grow completed with regular seeds and these autos look to be a lower hassle. for example of how much faster these seem to me anyway, the plants are six and a half weeks old, at this point with my last photoperiod grow i was still in the veg stage, took me something like 23 weeks total and when i cut it down it still could have easily gone another month or more in flower.
  • teddys head, kittypup and Blue61 like this

#18 reneArtois

reneArtois

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

o.k. here is where i'm at now, i fed the two yellowing ones but then i flushed the ultraviolet just to be on the safe side now the ultraviolet looks worse but it's still growing in the bud area so i don't know what the deal is. the pakistan ryder has rebounded nicely after a flushing, it's the one that looks like a japanese maple lol

Attached Files

• kittypup likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users