Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo

Afghan #1 Under Hgl Penetrator Pro 84X2 Blahblah... First Led Grow;)

HGL Penetrator Pro LED Airpots Soil Closet grow 2 x 2 grow area Hydrogrow Extreme LED 84 X2

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#276 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

What a journey, man! I just got caught up and totally enjoyed the read. Great pics, too. That's a beautiful looking plant. I'm glad to hear that she smokes as good as she looks. Thanks for sharing your experiences with LED during this grow.I was glad to learn a bit about the technology ans see it put to use in a real world application. Should be interesting to watch future grows of yours and see how you get it dialed in. Anyway, congrats again and I hope Janet lasts you for a bit!
  • Greenview, plant boy and Blue61 like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#277 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

Hey GV, Great report.... The 10000K is used in aquariums it is a blue spectrum.. I been reading different journals about using it as a supplement. Still setting up the next grow..... Lots of other things keep pulling my time. I picked up a 5 x 5 tent and going to use four 84X's. I have been toying with supplementing with HPS but only intermittently and in the last couple of weeks of flower. I want to test bud density. I won't go back because I hate dealing wth the heat and that feeling when on Holiday is the place going to be burnt down while I am gone. As for smoke quality it has been excellent. My paitent actually likes the bigger looking bag.

Thank you Weed, Janet's still in her jars, which I'm opening less and less. She's going to be a good, earthy, piney smelling cru. When I compact the buds a bit (there're now about 2 1/2 ounces in two big jars), it looks like the weed I used to get in high school in the early eighties; compressed colombian and mexican sativas, never fat indoor buds, for sure. Anyhow, that makes it a fun herb. but I'm intent on letting it cure to a good degree, a matter of weeks if not months for some of it, just to see. It's nice to smoke a J of it between Js of the G13 haze I have at the moment. There's a kinship in the taste, I think the G13 gets its stone from afghan or something like it, then there's the haze;) Really find it missing from the pure Indica. Well, again we'll see after cure.
Weed, did you see the new autoflower grow I have going in coco under the 126 alone? They're really loving it. I've got five under it, but will have to take one or two out, and I thought I might put them under the 84. Can't wait to see your next go at it. I'm really trying to avoid supplemental lighting for the moment, though that may change, no need to be hardheaded if it ain't working right;)

What a journey, man! I just got caught up and totally enjoyed the read. Great pics, too. That's a beautiful looking plant. I'm glad to hear that she smokes as good as she looks. Thanks for sharing your experiences with LED during this grow.I was glad to learn a bit about the technology ans see it put to use in a real world application. Should be interesting to watch future grows of yours and see how you get it dialed in. Anyway, congrats again and I hope Janet lasts you for a bit!

My great pleasure to have this place to share it in, Sir Scoob. Yeah, she's a weird herb, so far. Smoking this one, I don't know if I've smoked much pure Indica before, though I tend to go for the heavy hitters. They speak of Afghan being a Narcotic high, so far it has been pretty happy stone, but a stone, and my ideal high is not so much numbness but inspiration with an intriguing body effect. For lumbar disk pain, a-OK:)
I was a bit worried about my current grow with all my mistakes in the new medium, but it looks like we shall see some new goings on in that there tent. I think I'm getting there on the LED growing, the girls are extra perky at the moment and they drink and react well to nutes and light changes. I guess I'm as curious as you as to what these things can do in optimal conditions or with a more relaxed, knowlegable father;) I am determined that Janet last quite a long time, or that bits of her do. For science, of course. Be well, bro
  • plant boy, Scooby and Blue61 like this

#278 WeedDude

WeedDude

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Hey GV, Did you start a journal on the auto flower? Sounds like Janet is turning into some premium meds. I upgraded my orginal 84X's with the newer X2 lens I do see a difference. I realy enjoyed the journal. Keep it Green, Weed
  • Greenview, plant boy and Scooby like this

#279 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Well, i suppose we can close this one, say we're weaving with new threads now, and thank you very much for the companionship and for the show, Janet. May your suffering and ultimate sacrifice serve many future generations of healthy cannabits. May your memory not fade, but grow stronger as you cure. Soil, we too say goodbye for now, until I have a house in the country when I'm sure we'll be elbow deep again. I took her out of the jars after a mold scare on one densest bud. All the others were ok, but I separated that one from the rest. Their stems were still nt completely dry, so I put them bag in the drybox 2000 overnight and that was enough to get them pretty much all the way there. I'm going to see what kind of humidity buildup we get in the sealed jars. Hopefully still a tad. There are two piles like that now.

Attached Files

• plant boy and Scooby like this

#280 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18514 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

mighty fine looking buds ,,,,she should taste great
  • Greenview and Scooby like this

#281 WeedDude

WeedDude

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

GV, Was a great ride. Janet looks awesome.... May she medicate you well... On to the next generation of the Green...
  • Greenview, plant boy and Scooby like this

#282 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

Love the pics, man. Looks yummy as all hell. Me want!
  • Greenview and plant boy like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HGL Penetrator Pro, LED, Airpots, Soil, Closet grow, 2 x 2 grow area, Hydrogrow, Extreme LED 84 X2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users