Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bill’S Nno Using 100% Acapulco Gold (Sativa)

NNO Acapulco Gold Coconut Oil

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationGreat Lakes Region

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

Bill’s NNO using 100% Acapulco Gold (Sativa)

1. 6.5oz chopped bud (Fresh) Attached File  IMG_1407.JPG   278.28KB   27 downloads
2. 3.5oz sweet leaf trim (Dried)
3. 3gal. R/O water
4. 18qt Roaster Attached File  IMG_1408.JPG   287.4KB   24 downloads
5. 4cups Coconut Oil

I start off filling up my roaster with 3gallons of R/O water. Not necessary but I have it so I’ll use it. I then turn the roaster on & turn it up to 450 degrees to bring the water & pan up to temp. Once the water starts to slow/soft boil I turn it down to 215. In the meantime, using my pruning shears, I chop/cut up all the branches & try to reduce to a fine mix. And when I say branch I mean everything on it. Only thing not going into the water is the main stock & roots.
Once I am happy with the cutting process I add the plant matter to the already hot water bath & give it all a good mix in. Then I wait 2 hours to start my first puree mixing. This is also the time that I add my Coconut Oil & mix it all in together. I work it for about 15min then let it rest & soak another 2 hours. I’ll do this 4 more times for a total of 6 puree mixing’s & 12 hours of a hot soaking bath.
After the last mixing, I scoop the pulpy mess up in a metal strainer & dump it into my 100 micro bag that is sitting inside my 5 gallon bucket. Then I scoop up the water & pour over the pulp mix. I’ll do this until I get a more manageable amount left in the pan to pick up & pour out. I then will take the pulp to a new bucket & restrain the first bucket again through it followed by 2 liters of hot water.
Now it’s time to pour it off into plastic pitchers & into the fridge to chill. After an over night cool off, I’ll take the puck’s & place into a double boiler where I’ll further remove an water that was left behind or trapped. After this refinement I’ll pour it into its final container for storage & use.

My first experiment with this batch of NNO will be to make chocolate chip cookies. I will be replacing the butter in the recipe with this NNO. I will also post the recipe for the cookies once refined.

Well, that’s all for now folks, please stay tuned for an update on the effectiveness of this oil & strain combo.

Keep cool,

ZOOT
  • Greenview, bongbonghi, Desiderata and 8 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

cool, zoot! :toking: ....hope its a great batch for ! :D IF in a hurry to coagulate the coconut oil and you have a huge bag of ice and a 5gal bucket on hand :D hehehe....ya can pour it all into the bucket and keep adding ice until it is chilled...it will cool the liquid and then form a solid form....good way to collect/seperate the coconut oil from the water in under 1/2 hr....if working to a timelimit muA
  • Greenview, bongbonghi, Desiderata and 7 others like this

#3 420friendly

420friendly

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2288 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

headshakesmiley.gif Did You say "Acapulco Gold" headshakesmiley.gif

I HAVE NOT HEARD THAT NAME IN YEARS smileyheart.gif

smhug.gif I LOVE THAT STUFF smhug.gif

Thanks for the lesson ;)
  • bongbonghi, teddys head, Stoned Ranger and 2 others like this

#4 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

Medicine Maker/Healer/Derelect

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

Bill’s NNO using 100% Acapulco Gold (Sativa)

1. 6.5oz chopped bud (Fresh) Attached File  IMG_1407.JPG   278.28KB   27 downloads
2. 3.5oz sweet leaf trim (Dried)
3. 3gal. R/O water
4. 18qt Roaster Attached File  IMG_1408.JPG   287.4KB   24 downloads
5. 4cups Coconut Oil

I start off filling up my roaster with 3gallons of R/O water. Not necessary but I have it so I’ll use it. I then turn the roaster on & turn it up to 450 degrees to bring the water & pan up to temp. Once the water starts to slow/soft boil I turn it down to 215. In the meantime, using my pruning shears, I chop/cut up all the branches & try to reduce to a fine mix. And when I say branch I mean everything on it. Only thing not going into the water is the main stock & roots.
Once I am happy with the cutting process I add the plant matter to the already hot water bath & give it all a good mix in. Then I wait 2 hours to start my first puree mixing. This is also the time that I add my Coconut Oil & mix it all in together. I work it for about 15min then let it rest & soak another 2 hours. I’ll do this 4 more times for a total of 6 puree mixing’s & 12 hours of a hot soaking bath.
After the last mixing, I scoop the pulpy mess up in a metal strainer & dump it into my 100 micro bag that is sitting inside my 5 gallon bucket. Then I scoop up the water & pour over the pulp mix. I’ll do this until I get a more manageable amount left in the pan to pick up & pour out. I then will take the pulp to a new bucket & restrain the first bucket again through it followed by 2 liters of hot water.
Now it’s time to pour it off into plastic pitchers & into the fridge to chill. After an over night cool off, I’ll take the puck’s & place into a double boiler where I’ll further remove an water that was left behind or trapped. After this refinement I’ll pour it into its final container for storage & use.

My first experiment with this batch of NNO will be to make chocolate chip cookies. I will be replacing the butter in the recipe with this NNO. I will also post the recipe for the cookies once refined.

Well, that’s all for now folks, please stay tuned for an update on the effectiveness of this oil & strain combo.

Keep cool,

ZOOT

Way to go ZOOT, good job. You will get some fine cookies but may I suggest something,,,,ok,, Add the coconut oil at the beginning of the cooking part of the process, it will be stronger and your cookies will really kick some ass. I would also suggest you set the pitchers somewhere, covered and warm in the evening / overnight, to let any thing suspended in the NN to settle out. I'm thinking Ima gonna tear up one of the massage pads I have and make a small vibrating pad to set the warm NN on.
  • bongbonghi, teddys head, Zoot and 3 others like this

#5 420friendly

420friendly

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2288 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

Is it a stupid question for me to ask....What is R/O water is??
  • bongbonghi, teddys head, Zoot and 1 other like this

#6 zzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzz

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

reverse osmosis water===> just pure water with nothing else (no minerals or trace of nothing )

#7 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

Way to go ZOOT, good job. You will get some fine cookies but may I suggest something,,,,ok,, Add the coconut oil at the beginning of the cooking part of the process, it will be stronger and your cookies will really kick some ass. I would also suggest you set the pitchers somewhere, covered and warm in the evening / overnight, to let any thing suspended in the NN to settle out. I'm thinking Ima gonna tear up one of the massage pads I have and make a small vibrating pad to set the warm NN on.

Thanks for chiming in SR, I thought about adding the oil sooner then I did, after the fact. So when I did add the oil I started my 12 hour clock over for a total of 18 hours of cooking. Just gave it an extra 6 hours of a steam bath first. But I was able to puree it to look like pea soup.
I like the idea behind letting it set out to cool, I am sure it allows more crap to fall out of the oil. I though, put mine into the fridge to cool, when it hardens i'll remelt it in a double boiler & then leave out to settle. I did filter it out 3 times through the 100 micron bags & once in a 90 micron bag, so it should be very clean.

Thanks for all of your help & advice SR

headshakesmiley.gif Did You say "Acapulco Gold" headshakesmiley.gif

I HAVE NOT HEARD THAT NAME IN YEARS smileyheart.gif

smhug.gif I LOVE THAT STUFF smhug.gif

Thanks for the lesson ;)

Yes, I did say Acapulco Gold 420friendly. I got me some seed from Barney's Farm just for this project. I look forward to the pureness of the strain (100% Sativa) & it's effects on the body, I do have high hopes for this to be a good day time oil. I shall soon see...

reverse osmosis water===> just pure water with nothing else (no minerals or trace of nothing )

:I agree: I wanted to make the cleanest oil I can, this is going to be for family & friends after all. iconchef.gif
  • bongbonghi, teddys head, Stoned Ranger and 4 others like this

#8 MedicineMuse

MedicineMuse

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationNortheast

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

Question. Are you all using the 7" X 16" Biodiesel in polyester or nylon? Found some on ebay...any insight is appreciated. About to harvest and will be cooking this NN recipe as soon as I get my roaster and bags. Also need a fruit press, can't use this potato ricer, too small! How many pitchers will this recipe fill? Thanks from a newbie. MM

#9 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

I used 2 bubble bags to strain a 100 & 90 micron. I found it easier to strain into a bucket & let cool. All the pitcher are a mess.
  • bongbonghi, teddys head, sandbreak and 2 others like this

#10 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

You've got the idea. Do what is best for you. Using the pitchers make it easier for newbie types to get them to understand. I don't use the pitchers any more either,. but I process like 1/2 lb a shot, I use 5 gallon buckets for everything. Way to go Zoot.
  • bongbonghi, teddys head, Zoot and 4 others like this

#11 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

go you Zoot!!! so how did it turn out.... assuming you've been sampling lol
guitar.gif

#12 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Now that I have received feed back from all testers, I can say that theses cookies will take you for a ride.

1 cookie will give you a roller coasters of a ride, with waves of highs & normal's.
2 cookies & you'll be a steady high for a good 6+ hours.
3 cookies is a nighttime dose for some good sleep, but be ready to feel groggy in the morning.

Yes, now for that recipe that I used:

Chocolate Chip Cookies with NNO

Ingredients needed for 48 (1oz ea) cookies:
  • 2 cups whole-wheat all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 3/4 cup Bill’s NNO: at room temperature
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) Chocolate Morsels
Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
BEAT coconut oil in large mixer bowl until smooth. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract; beat until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels.
DROP by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. I like to use a small ice cream scoop so that all cookies are the same size.
BAKE for 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Or, enjoy warm while the chocolate is still molten.

iconchef.gif

• Greenview, bongbonghi, teddys head and 3 others like this

#13 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

thanks for the feedback on the effects for us... I just made a batch of NN and think I'll try and make some medibles, always need different options open for medicating.

2 cookies in the morning for breakfast can be a good thing.

gracias
  • Greenview, bongbonghi, teddys head and 5 others like this

#14 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

:drool: Yummmy!!! Sounds delish Zoot!!! Hugs!
  • Greenview, bongbonghi, teddys head and 4 others like this

#15 BigPapa

BigPapa

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

We happen to have here a medicine man in his own right. Bill, you really have something here. i'd love to burn a fatty of the Acapulco gold with you. Maybe during my recuperation time after surgery, i'rial by the end of nextll be staying at my daughter's in fresno. And back to the subject at hand, i hope to have enough mate year's grow to make a 5 gallon bucket of Bill's Nno..... it's good stuff aye.... yeah, i'll shut up now

#16 BigPapa

BigPapa

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

We happen to have here a medicine man in his own right. Bill, you really have something here. i'd love to burn a fatty of the Acapulco gold with you. Maybe during my recuperation time after surgery, i'rial by the end of nextll be staying at my daughter's in fresno. And back to the subject at hand, i hope to have enough mate year's grow to make a 5 gallon bucket of Bill's Nno..... it's good stuff aye.... yeah, i'll shut up now

this is what high doses of morphine does to one's mind. i can't spell nor talk right. lol.

Zoot, you don't have a brownie recipe do ya? i'm making these cookies as we speak... Well mama is. =) thank you, they smell wonderful

#17 Greenview

Greenview

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

Damned cool topic, and recipes! Though, from your description of the effects, Chef Sir Zoot iconchef.gif , I think I'll stay on the sidelines. Or move my couch closer to my oven. I REALLY like homemade cookies. MuA, what haven't you done with this plant?! Goodday, GV

#18 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:07 AM

I will be making brownies today using a box brand. I will use my NNO in place of the vegetable oil. Will report back later on taste & effect. I went back & see that I made 48 cookies with 3/4 cup of oil. Now I will be making 18 brownies using 1/2 cup of NNO. After doing some math, I find that each cookies has .75 teaspoons of NNO, while my brownies will each contain 1.33 teaspoons. iconchef.gif So, each brownie will almost be as strong as two cookies, party time. guitar.gif

#19 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

I will be making brownies today using a box brand. I will use my NNO in place of the vegetable oil. Will report back later on taste & effect.

I went back & see that I made 48 cookies with 3/4 cup of oil. Now I will be making 18 brownies using 1/2 cup of NNO. After doing some math, I find that each cookies has .75 teaspoons of NNO, while my brownies will each contain 1.33 teaspoons. iconchef.gif So, each brownie will almost be as strong as two cookies, party time. guitar.gif

I'm so glad you can now express your culinary skills and get roasted at the same time, LOL

#20 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Great job Zoot. Really well written. Thanks for sharing it with us. Peace, Blue
  • bongbonghi, teddys head, Zoot and 2 others like this

#21 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Well I got around to making those brownies today. I made 2 batches, 1 for the kids & 1 for me. iconchef.gif The kids mix was much thinner then mine & I feel that was because of the oil. But the end result is the same, they both came out after 26 min @350. Now to let cool. Glad that I used two different styles of pans they do look a lot alike.

#22 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hi Zoot, When I make brownies or something else like it such as cookies ect. I bake at 270. I was taught to bake at that temp until done so as not to degrade the thc. Thought I'd mention it to ya. Peace, Blue
  • bongbonghi, teddys head, Zoot and 2 others like this

#23 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

Thanks for the info Blue, :oldhippy: I'll do that next time & report back the difference between the two mixes. As of now, I :munchies: 1 brownie an hour ago & I am starting to feel it working up inside starting behind the eyes. I wonder if the lower temps will bring the effects on faster or longer?
  • teddys head, sandbreak, 420friendly and 2 others like this

#24 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Strap yourself in and enjoy the ride. :)
  • teddys head, Zoot, sandbreak and 1 other like this

#25 420friendly

420friendly

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2288 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

I DO HOPE THAT THE KIDS DON'T GET THE WRONG COOKIES........... chimplaughing.gif

OR YOU WILL HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO.......LOL

oh my that is funny ................. Hysterical

:D TRICK OR TREAT :D Heheheheheheeeeee
  • teddys head, Zoot and sandbreak like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NNO, Acapulco Gold, Coconut Oil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users