35 replies to this topic

#26 420friendly

420friendly

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2288 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

bblbllbbbl.gif go away for a couple of days and everyone forgets who you are headshakesmiley.gif

Edited by 420friendly, 24 September 2012 - 02:02 PM.

• plant boy, teddys head, YoniKunda and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

yoni....I suggest cococoir...get a compressed brick of coir and rehydrate and flush with ph'ed water...I am having incredibly fast and good rooting with coir...in just a 285ml foam cup. :420: heheheh we not ferget ya, lass....we just carrying on with it whilst ya off gettin stoned :D heeeheee muA
  • plant boy, teddys head, PoeticLife and 4 others like this

#28 bish

bish

bish just bish

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

I want to thank you for a GREAT hint about turning pucks diagonally. That was the last piece of a puzzle I went searching for tonite.
I have done the hydro and don't want to deal with anymore water sloshing and splashing. I started using pucks in plastic cup and a hi dome and it was taking around ten to fourteen days with clonex. ( I switched to azos and improved time.)

I have been asked by friends for starts so I went to a tray with the inserts as shown and was trying it the first time this week but was uneasy about the tite puck fit. Still plexing on this I found your posts. Woohoo! I got out a bread knife and turned them diagonally and was rewarded with a seven day root sticking out. Yeah!

So Just to save time I have a tray I am going to use to take the puck frame out, pour enough fluid in, and place the frame in for a few minutes to uptake fluid and put back in the dry tray. What do you think?
So if you want them even sooner, check out cloning with AZOS.
They don't get any nitrogen loss cause with the microbe they can get it from the atmosphere.
HAIL azosparillium brasilense- and that great common sense tip.Attached File  IMG00133-20121118-2346.jpg   65.16KB   6 downloads
  • plant boy, teddys head, 420friendly and 2 others like this

#29 caligirl

caligirl

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

It give me great pleasure to share my successful method of getting roots on those babies fast!!
This has been tried and tested by me :D 420 and Hubby and we are ready to share our successful tips with you GP......Great Peeps

I am not hear to tell you how to make clones... because most peeps already know how to do that part.....Thank you Subcool ;)

I want to share what I have learned through my own testing ;)
Ok..I am sure most of you know what one of these are...
and for those who do not know...
it is a cloning dome humidity house...a green house ...ect...

If you have ever made clones before you know that it is like watching grass grow GAAAAsmiley.gif
it can take for ever and you can not help but wonder shrugsmiley.gif ...hmmm.....what can I do to speed this up and we want to do this for many ;) reasons!!

Here are the Items I use to get the Best Clones...which I am sure most have seen before
My tools
* Cloning Heat Seed Mat
* Thermostat
* Root Compound
* Plant Food
* 2 Strawberry basket cut in half

most of those things on the list is probable familiar to you ;)
but the strawberry basket...hmmm what are those for shrugsmiley.gif you might be thinking....well that is one of my tricks......
kitty.gif so while waiting for something to happen...I am also worryed nailbiting.gif bout the amount of moisture they always seam to be getting...hmmmm it hit me like a voice in my head glowstar.gif
They are getting way to much moisture and it is drowning them :o plain and simple they can not breath
Air is one of the most important ingredients in proper gardening for not just the plant but the roots as well .....duh....right..... it make sense... headshakesmiley.gif so how do I do that??
How do I stop them from sitting it the water...they need the moisture but they just can not sit in it.... thinking.gif
again it hit me ;) I got this....and ran in the kitchen :Fridge: and dumped out the just purchased strawberries into a bowl and began to wash baskets not the strawberries :) and then cut the in half and few minutes came back and used them to raise the tray out of the water...
:Cookie: Voila it was perfect :P Martha Stewart sit down :coolpunk:

so I water them slowly and directly on to the rapid rooters plugs...so now when they then drain the plugs are no longer sitting in the water :D I always mist the plants and also I mist the top well before I place it back on over the babies.

This has resulted in some very happy clones for sure....so I was planting all of the happy babies and started to notice that all of the clones plugs that were placed into the tray crooked seamed to have roots first :o way before the plugs that were tightly fitting in the tray headshakesmiley.gif
so what tis this.....they want even more AIR.......YES..... THEY LOVE IT THIS WAY

The results are that it really must be equil parts of everything Water, Air, Food and Love ect....ect....to get the happy plants that we are all trying to acheive!
I have cut the wait time for the roots by all most a whole week...I am starting to see roots right around the end of 2 weeks instead of the torchous 3 full weeks!!
The ultimate results are well just .....^^^^LOOK AT THOSE HAPPY ROOTS

WHICH IN TURN MAKES A VERY HAPPY 420 Posted Image AND HUBBY Posted Image

From our Garden to yours...we Wish you happy Growin

Posted Image

Note::::: I am doing such a good job cloning that I can now....Pay it Forward and help those who really need them :D

It Feels good to be helping others this way ........ yay.gif

Great post. I have gardened all my life and have often had issues with moisture one way or another. And with clones, too much or too little doom. Good solution and are you putting all your cubes in crooked?
  • 420friendly, KnowAndGrow and Bong like this

#30 caligirl

caligirl

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Great post. I have gardened all my life and have often had issues with moisture one way or another. And with clones, too much or too little doom. Good solution and are you putting all your cubes in crooked? Are you using nutrients while you are cloning?
  • 420friendly, KnowAndGrow and Bong like this

#31 420friendly

420friendly

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2288 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

You guys are Awesome....I am glad I could help.....will answer more later......... But this is Awesome news Thank you Bish and Cali girl..... smhug.gif

I will be posting more pictures soon...Crazy busy.....HOLIDAY HUGS ...... xmas4.gif
  • PoeticLife, KnowAndGrow and Bong like this

#32 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2258 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

haha i found it :D got it saved haha and my clone dome thread is likned here on 1 of my posts, be well 420 hugs and fith bonghead
  • 420friendly and KnowAndGrow like this

#33 420friendly

420friendly

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2288 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:03 AM

i hope I helped someone........ I SO MISS DOING THIS............. CAN NOT WAIT TO GROW AGAIN leprican.gif

• plant boy and KnowAndGrow like this

#34 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18514 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

we miss you too little lady

• KnowAndGrow likes this

#35 KnowAndGrow

KnowAndGrow

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2084 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

You totally helped :)  And we can hardly wait, too...we love our grow journals with pics!!! :)

#36 eugenics

eugenics

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationmontana

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

Good thread, thanks for the tips. Cloning has always been my nemesis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users