11 replies to this topic

#1 Turbo

Turbo

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hi,I've read a lot about this subject and have found conflicting opinions. Most recommend a final flush with water 10 days before harvest.This is my first time and I'd appreciate your advice your advice.
I'm using potting mix 75%,vermiculite 25% with a dual spectrum 300 watt CFL in a closet 22"x32".I'm doing a feed,feed,water ratio. K is an unknown sativa strain ,h and C are indicas,Easy Kush..The tricones are starting to develope giving a frosty look and are all clear.I'm in about week 5 of flowering.My veggie phase look a long time about 8 weeks so i expect my flowering phase to also be longer,maybe it's the CFL,i dont know.
I'm feeding them with 2ml/lt biogrow and biobloom,with the water feed they are taking anout 1800ml/week.
If 10 days is recommended to start the final flush before harvest,how do you know when this 10 day period starts? Also do you still water the plants with just water during this 10 day period?

Attached Files

• teddys head and Redcap like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Redcap

Redcap

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

I have read the same.10 days to 2 weeks.I think it has to do also with the size of your girls.Im a newb.There will be an expert along soon.
  • HD96 and kittypup like this

#3 Turbo

Turbo

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

yur right man,these forums are really invaluable and mostly friendly
  • HD96, kittypup and Redcap like this

#4 ileso

ileso

StONeD iLeSO

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5521 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:37 AM

i generally think that begining to flush with very mild solutions 2 weeks before you want to harvest is ok. and the final week just water.. or maybe water and mollasses.. opinions will differ. so be open to suggestion and see what works best for yourself. if you have more than one plant try begining flushing at different stages from final chop. and see whats best by experimentation. the best way to learn is through failure. and understanding what went wrong.... sounds like a silly way to learn. but its true.

#5 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

Hey Turbo..... I'm still a pretty newb at this also... but I run strickly under cfls here so hope this helps. I've run mostly indica's and found that it usually takes bout 10-11 weeks to finish under the cfls.... that's from the first bud set... not from when you first flip them. Most are strains that say 8 weeks flower. I'm guessing this is partly due to the cfls but not sure. I've not run any sativa's... only crosses.. but I'm to understand they take longer to finish than indicas ..... sorry no help with that one. I usually use water with molasses when I see the trichs have turned cloudy. The molasses helps bring out the sugar and fatten up the buds.... you can even give molasses all the way through if you like. Hope this helps and wishing you the best on a great finish. Hugs!
  • Redcap likes this

#6 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

https://www.greenpas...6226#entry86226

this should give you an idea of how close to done she is....the final ripening of the trichs will happen in the days before you harvest....as mentioned, it's partly guesswork and partly experience.

a well flushed bud will burn evenly and end up as a white/silver ash with a single cone/lungfull....badly flushed bud will leave a blackened ash....this will be the final test.
muA

#7 Redcap

Redcap

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Thank you for that link kind lady.
  • HD96 likes this

#8 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

muhahahha Hysterical oh, my! ... Hysterical ....does this make me da bearded lady? Hysterical muA
  • HD96 likes this

#9 Turbo

Turbo

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

Ta guys,as you say learn from your mistakes.Thanks for that useful link MediuseA,i clicked on it and then followed another one,ended up on a hash forum and the guy had some great pics of making bubble hash.If all goes well i will definitely give it a try. Due to health reasons i had to give up Joints,bummer used to love the whole procedure but now make cakes.Took a wee while to get the amount right but at least it get me stoned : ) You know what it's like Kittypup,first time i dont know me arse from me elbow,lol,but went with 300 watt CFL.It seems to take longer,glad you have found this .For seeds i emailed a few seed sites and asked for newbie advice and went for feminised Easy Kush,indica strain and got about 6 seeds from a friend,only one germinated,luckily it was a she,hurrragh.would have broken my heart if she was a he,this is a sativa so it nice to compare the difference. happy growing everybody

#10 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

cfl's do take a week or three longer but they DO get you there... muA

#11 Turbo

Turbo

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:27 AM

thanks thats good to know,my veg phase look about 2/3 weeks longer than i expected so I'd think the same will apply to the flowering phase

#12 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:39 AM

if you can get a uv-b reptile light...the cfl kind and give ya gals regular exposure ...mebbe 15-20 mins a day, and you will find the trichs and stone improve.....do NOT go into the grow whilst the uv-b is on.... it is or can be dangerous....otherwise all is fine :D muA

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: final flush, harvest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users