#1 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

My technique of eliminating hot air in my garden was to put my charcoal and fan on the floor of a closet instead of the ceiling. I then used panda poly to seal the bottom 5 feet of the closet. No ducts, no inadequate intake area, just hot air gone. I left the top foot of the closet door opening uncovered so the charcoal would draw from air above the lights. This technique is called a "lung room". I hope this saves a back from being wrecked. It saved mine!
  • Tokecrazy, teddys head, Blue61 and 1 other like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Desiderata

Desiderata

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

So you have the fan inside the closet? Is your closet like a grow tent? I'm curious because this is the problem I'm currently having, heat control.
  • HD96 and Widespread like this

#3 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

I essentially have the charcoal on the floor with a fan above it blowing air out of the closet. for passive intake since the door is closed off, I have the top foot or so of the doorway open to suck hot air into the closet. My garden is in front of the closet ready to donate the hot air.
  • Widespread likes this

#4 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

glad you found a easier way to deal with the lifting! am trying to get a visual on what you have... :)
My can filter is a biggie, it would've eaten up way too much precious space for growth, besides the fact there was no way I could lift it. I have a tent with a cool tube and all the ducting is attached but I kept the can filter on the floor outside the tent, also my extractor fans are outside the tent as well as well as the ballasts... they are on a shelf above the tent. Still need to tweak things, I don't like that the ballast for the big tent gets "HOT".. I don't think its supposed to be hot to the touch, maybe its because it is sitting on a blanket and air can't circulate around it? am going to remove the blanket now and see if it cools off.

imho, I think its one of those things we all keep a close eye on, heat/humidity....no? shrugsmiley.gif

smoke.gif
  • HD96, Ohmless and Widespread like this

#5 Widespread

Widespread

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationOld Kentuckee

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

I'm trying to visualize also. So the grow is in a room with a closet, and the bottom 5 feet of the closet door is sealed? And on the floor of the closet is a charcoal filter with a Can Fan or similar attached to the top? And the fan has no ducting, just one end open to the air (other end on filter)? I don't think I have it right, because sealing the bottom 5 feet and leaving a 1 foot opening at the top doesn't add up unless the doorway is only 6 Ft. high.
  • PoeticLife likes this

#6 HD96

HD96

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Hmmmmmmm, can't seem to wrap my head around your set-up? thinking.gif
  • PoeticLife likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic