• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 r15c

r15c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

Hi everyone this is my first time posting on this forum, but i have done alot of reading and the information is excellent. My question is, is cannabutter as medicinal as oil extract? I am going to have only 1/2 ounce of bud to use, and i have never made an extract before. I figure i will just use this 1/2 to make cannabutter and use in a brownie mix. I definitely want to make RSO one day probably with everclear, but it seems that right now making it with only a 1/2 ounce is insuffucient?
  • HD96, 420friendly, kittypup and 1 other like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 420friendly

420friendly

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2288 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

GPwelcome.gif Wow that is a good Question..... :Good One:

I am looking forward to the answers that you are gonna get....I have learned so far is that the butter does have those benefits but not at the same rate. The oil on the hand can be absorbed into the body in a higher rate and stronger dose.
Like you I am learning too....But what I do know for sure is..... ;) that you are in the right place for the for the info you are looking for :) and it comes with a bonus............. glowstar.gif

A Bunch of AWESOME PEEPS and that you can Bank on.......... Posted Image

they will be showing up soon................................ ;) You'll see..... B) 420

Edited by 420friendly, 21 August 2012 - 06:23 PM.

• HD96, kittypup, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#3 r15c

r15c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

Thanks I look foward to being a part of this site, it seems like a great community =)
  • HD96, 420friendly, kittypup and 1 other like this

#4 Papaw49

Papaw49

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5641 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

You can make some oil with the amount you have but i think for you i would start with making canna butter. I used canna butter from the dispensary before i learned to make it myself to treat my dad. i have since learned how to make the oil with everclear and find that easier to use in cooking. Oil mixes well into the butter when the butter is melted. you can then re solidify the butter and use as reg butter in your meals or cooking. Just keep the temps low when cooking or add the butter at the end so it just melts into the food.
  • Zoot, 420friendly, kittypup and 2 others like this

#5 420friendly

420friendly

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2288 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

^^^^^^^ Oh Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Look ^^^^^^ You get to Start with the Best flyingsmiley.gif

I smhug.gif You Pa
  • Zoot, HD96, kittypup and 1 other like this

#6 r15c

r15c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

You can make some oil with the amount you have but i think for you i would start with making canna butter. I used canna butter from the dispensary before i learned to make it myself to treat my dad. i have since learned how to make the oil with everclear and find that easier to use in cooking. Oil mixes well into the butter when the butter is melted. you can then re solidify the butter and use as reg butter in your meals or cooking. Just keep the temps low when cooking or add the butter at the end so it just melts into the food.

Ah that's great to know i didn't know that thanks. Yeah it sure seems like it would be alot easier to extract with everclear first then add the oil to the butter for edibles. I will defintely try that one day once i have more medicine to use.
  • Zoot, HD96, kittypup and 1 other like this

#7 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

hi r15c, There is a good tutorial on making butter from our Strider.If I find it I will come back and put a link up for you but you should look
for it in case I forget...LOL.
Peace,
Blue

Found the thread.Here's the link:
https://www.greenpas...uick-pictorial/
  • Zoot, kittypup and r15c like this

#8 r15c

r15c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

Nice thanks blue that will surely help me make my cannabutter iconchef.gif
  • kittypup and Blue61 like this

#9 artistickat

artistickat

Happy Camper

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

I use Stoned Ranger's coconut oil recipe and use it in cooking. I just cut down some male plants and will put those in my next batch too.
  • kittypup and Blue61 like this

#10 r15c

r15c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

I use Stoned Ranger's coconut oil recipe and use it in cooking. I just cut down some male plants and will put those in my next batch too.

oh wow i didn't know male plants contain medicinal content too?? Are they just as beneficial as female plants?
  • Blue61 likes this

#11 BigPapa

BigPapa

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

very potent medicine indeed and the good thing about males is they contain CBD's which are great for pain killing, so us males ain't so bad after and not good for just fixin stuff and for breeding purposes.... opppps different forum. lol
All kidding aside the coconut oil recipe is very strong and i use it for everything from making edibles to rubbing on sore muscles, use a heating pad to open the pores first and then rub it in..... and enjoy. It's the mostuniversal oil there is.
Bill and i have come up with a new recipe and it's even more powerful than before. i will ask if i can share it. i love this stuff and would put it up there with the rs in potency. Now to see if it has thw same cancer killing abilities......
i'll shut up now
  • Zoot, kittypup, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#12 r15c

r15c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Haha that is excellent i would love to try that one day
  • Zoot, kittypup and Blue61 like this

#13 MedicineMuse

MedicineMuse

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationNortheast

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

very potent medicine indeed and the good thing about males is they contain CBD's which are great for pain killing, so us males ain't so bad after and not good for just fixin stuff and for breeding purposes.... opppps different forum. lol
All kidding aside the coconut oil recipe is very strong and i use it for everything from making edibles to rubbing on sore muscles, use a heating pad to open the pores first and then rub it in..... and enjoy. It's the mostuniversal oil there is.
Bill and i have come up with a new recipe and it's even more powerful than before. i will ask if i can share it. i love this stuff and would put it up there with the rs in potency. Now to see if it has thw same cancer killing abilities......
i'll shut up now

Would be very grateful if you and Bill would share the new recipe. I am about to make my first batches of meds (one trim batch, one bud batch) One is for topical and lower dose internal and the other will probably be more potent (the one with bud)

Peace.

MM
  • Zoot, kittypup and Blue61 like this

#14 Papaw49

Papaw49

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5641 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

Ok here it is iconchef.gif https://www.greenpas...post__p__346443
  • r15c likes this