• Please log in to reply
1697 replies to this topic

#51 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

Seedling pics.... they are looking good! The yellow-ish color of the leaves is from the MH light, because out of the tent they are a healthy deep green color :)

the little pots are still moist... had done a good saturating water 2 days ago? so just took pics to show how they are doing... look at the difference between the 2 Prozaks... cool to watch. And the destroyer is def vying for the lead lol

Prozak#1 - Side View - 2" height Attached File  GrowJournal082612 001.JPG   187.27KB   0 downloads
Prozak#1 - Top View - 3 1/4" wide Attached File  GrowJournal082612 002.JPG   183.4KB   0 downloads
Prozak #2 - Side View - 3 1/4" height Attached File  GrowJournal082612 003.JPG   190.37KB   0 downloads
Prozak #2 - Top View - 5" wide Attached File  GrowJournal082612 004.JPG   187.94KB   0 downloads
Prozak 1 & 2 Side by side comparison Attached File  GrowJournal082612 005.JPG   185.66KB   0 downloads
Destroyer - Side View - 3" height Attached File  GrowJournal082612 006.JPG   188.61KB   0 downloads
Destroyer - Top View - 4 3/4" wide Attached File  GrowJournal082612 007.JPG   180.4KB   0 downloads
Fruit Automatic- Side View - 2" height Attached File  GrowJournal082612 008.JPG   186.69KB   0 downloads
forgot the top view! lol - but its 3 1/2" wide (tiniest of the group for sure)
Group shot - Attached File  GrowJournal082612 009.JPG   185.24KB   0 downloads

So far they are a happy bunch :)
  • bongbonghi, Scooby, Blue61 and 1 other like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

The (Attitude) freebie thats growing is Dinafem's Fruit Automatic..... I've only grown an Auto once and remember I kept it on 18/6 throughout the entire cycle.

I looked up the strain but it says nothing of the light cycle, do I "assume" all auto's are 18/6? This will be plant #4 and will be grown entirely in the veg tent by itself. Just not sure of the light cycle.

thanks peeps!
  • bongbonghi, HD96, Scooby and 3 others like this

#53 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2251 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

hi poet iv read a bit on auto's u can keep auto's on a vegg cycle but u can do them on 20/4 or even 24/0 if u can afford the runnin costs i wud go with the 20/4 tho because i still like a bit of dark :) hope this helps bonghead
  • bongbonghi, PoeticLife, Scooby and 2 others like this

#54 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21558 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

Everything gets wet. Rinse your stones. then put your coco on while transplanting. http://www.weedguru....nsplant#p413540 Once everything is transplanted water with at least half strength water and nutes till overflow.
  • bongbonghi, Scooby, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#55 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

Everything gets wet. Rinse your stones. then put your coco on while transplanting. http://www.weedguru....nsplant#p413540

Once everything is transplanted water with at least half strength water and nutes till overflow.

got the link.... no problem here with transplanting... I got that part in no prob. Its switching to hempy that is throwing me off a bit.

I know I rinse the stones first.... its the next part I think I had wrong in my head. I had thought after the "rinsed" stones went in... that I would then follow it it with either ph'd tap or with a full first feeding in the "what I refer to as the resevoir".... and then top it with coco and center the plant and do another good soak till it drained.

obviously I am not getting it correct. So you're saying, rinse the rocks, put 'em in the buckets, top with coco and center the plant and only THEN do I do a big and slow drench with nutes till it comes out the hole. Is that CORRECT? shrugsmiley.gif

2ND thing I can't find it KD..... apologies..... Am I still using Rhizotonic whatsoever? I "think" you said it was no longer necessary with the new nutes.... and I want to do the next feeding correctly!!!

::::looked at my first journal to see what light cycle I did on one auto in the veg side and it was at 18/6, so will do that for the Fruit Auto::::

I had soooo many ?'s answered in that 1st attempt..... and now I go back to it for answers...... geez I nearly picked your brain clean!!!

promise no more ?'s after the "set up" clarified and the rhizo..... then you get at least a full week reprieve.... at least will do my best!!!

muchas gracias!
  • bongbonghi, Scooby, kittypup and 3 others like this

#56 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21558 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

Rhizo is optional, you don't need it. You don't water till you transplant, then you soak the coco.
  • bongbonghi, Scooby, kittypup and 2 others like this

#57 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

Looks like ya got it goin' on, Poet! Awesome. Yes indeedy. I'll be watching your hempy adventure closely here. Before I got partnered with Toke on the hydro project, I was considering going the hempy route. Are you looking back at any of Chow's or Goophy Phucker's journals on hempy? Those two are pros at it and I know I learned a lot following their growing adventures. I wish you the best of karma and look forward to more fun to come. I'm sure you'll knock it out of the ballpark again. You've got a green thumb. Hugs to you, Scoob
  • bongbonghi, HD96, kittypup and 2 others like this

#58 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

Rhizo is optional, you don't need it. You don't water till you transplant, then you soak the coco.

I bow in gratitude Attached File  woman bows.jpg   12.84KB   0 downloads ...... now I'll be able to sleep tonite! (optional? you're giving me "options"?)

hugs & thank you!
(ok your week reprieve begins NOW)

#59 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21558 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

Yes options, though I'll likely regret it. :D

#60 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

you're just trying to hard to make me talk back!!!

pmsl

#61 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21558 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

:lol:

#62 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

:lol:

Attached File  Zipped Lips.jpg   39.2KB   0 downloads

#63 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21558 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

Posted Image

#64 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

hi poet iv read a bit on auto's u can keep auto's on a vegg cycle but u can do them on 20/4 or even 24/0 if u can afford the runnin costs i wud go with the 20/4 tho because i still like a bit of dark :) hope this helps
bonghead

I have to keep the auto separate due to space issues.... so am prob going to go with 18/6... but I have been known to change my mind!

Looks like ya got it goin' on, Poet! Awesome. Yes indeedy. I'll be watching your hempy adventure closely here. Before I got partnered with Toke on the hydro project, I was considering going the hempy route. Are you looking back at any of Chow's or Goophy Phucker's journals on hempy? Those two are pros at it and I know I learned a lot following their growing adventures.

I wish you the best of karma and look forward to more fun to come. I'm sure you'll knock it out of the ballpark again. You've got a green thumb.

Hugs to you,

Scoob

glad you're along for the fun! I've followed Chow's LSTing ffs, but not so much hempy... don't think I've seen Goophy's either.... but will go peek. I could def go look, but I kinda got KD showing me the ropes and I do so love to pick his brain! besides the more I look the more confused I can get and right now the info is sitting well in the brain so I don't want to mess with it .... yet!
I'm sure once I get used to it, it will actually be much easier for me to follow it and perhaps less lifting too?

hope your babies all got straightened out for you!!!
hugs!

Posted Image

omfg you're killing me!!!!! gonna need a tink towel soooooon ha ha ha thats a mean arse smiley.....evil even!
  • bongbonghi, GoophyPhucker, Scooby and 3 others like this

#65 Ditchweed63

Ditchweed63

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSalem Oregon

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Poet I'm so sorry I haven't been able to follow your thread through it's entirety. I did pm you a link to the original Hempy thread, as I know it. It appears to me that you're attempting coco hempy's..so I'll tell you what I've done. My containers were approximately 1 gal..I used hydroton in my res..my drain hole was at approximately 1 1/2 inches. Big enough hole to drain water is fine...so 1/4 to 1/2" I used the cheapest coco I could find..not sure of the brand, but I did rinse it with ph'd water a few times. I use the Lucas method for nutrients, Maxibloom. 1 tsp per gallon for the entire grow, veg and flower. Keep some Epsom salts and Cal-Mag handy, just in case. I've never needed either tbh. In my opinion, an easier way to grow hydro can't be realized. Hempy's can't be beat for simplicity. The only con I can see is having to hand water every other day or so...I like to look at my plants so it's not really a problem lol. I wish I knew that my plants wanted to be looked at.. anyway..Hempy's are tough to beat,and i have a lot of info for anyone that has questions. Grow safe

#66 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Poet I'm so sorry I haven't been able to follow your thread through it's entirety. I did pm you a link to the original Hempy thread, as I know it.
It appears to me that you're attempting coco hempy's..so I'll tell you what I've done. My containers were approximately 1 gal..I used hydroton in my res..my drain hole was at approximately 1 1/2 inches. Big enough hole to drain water is fine...so 1/4 to 1/2" I used the cheapest coco I could find..not sure of the brand, but I did rinse it with ph'd water a few times.
I use the Lucas method for nutrients, Maxibloom. 1 tsp per gallon for the entire grow, veg and flower. Keep some Epsom salts and Cal-Mag handy, just in case. I've never needed either tbh.
In my opinion, an easier way to grow hydro can't be realized. Hempy's can't be beat for simplicity. The only con I can see is having to hand water every other day or so...I like to look at my plants so it's not really a problem lol. I wish I knew that my plants wanted to be looked at.. anyway..Hempy's are tough to beat,and i have a lot of info for anyone that has questions. Grow safe

Thanks DW! and yes I've seen the Lucas Method... and I do have Epsom Salts (used in my 1st coco grow) and the Calmag is already being used since i'm a creature of habit! Daily watering is hard on the body... especially when hand watering... this is as close to hydro as I'll get! lol

glad to have you following :)

#67 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

Finally printed out and hung up the feeding chart... go me!

I know I said I'd give you a week reprieve KD... but forgot something was never addressed by me.... do I ever need to use the PK 13/14 with these nutrients? I know in coco it was used mid flower for 2 wks.. am not sure if its required when its time... if you let me know I'll stick it in my "directions" to feed post!!

tomorrow is the 1st feed with the new nutes... hope it makes 'em happy campers!

30 more minutes to drag by and need to ptfo....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#68 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21558 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

PK is not needed but it is a good option.

#69 Ditchweed63

Ditchweed63

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSalem Oregon

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

Well young lady Hempy's are passive hydro, so welcome to the hydro world. Here's a link for coco hempy's from Dalaihempy. I would have sent you this link instead if I would have realized you were using coco sooner. https://www.icmag.co...ad.php?t=147954 Glad to be tagging along, I love hempy grows. This should be fun

Edited by Ditchweed63, 28 August 2012 - 09:14 AM.

• bongbonghi, PoeticLife, HD96 and 4 others like this

#70 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

PK is not needed but it is a good option.

hmmmm there ya go again with "options" :spanked: .... will see if I have enough on hand for the bunch of 'em... if not, is there a pk version that can be added from the GH products?

I messed up last night and fed them way too late.... lights were about to go out by the time I peeked in the tent. The pots were def on the light side and was afraid they'd be too dry by tonite so I mixed a gallon tap, calmag, MaxiGro & a little Rhizo.... but since I was panicked already... you guessed it... totally forgot to ph the batch! might go in at lights on and flush 'em and do a do-over... will be glad when they get into the buckets!
Am going to go back and look at Chow's journal where he did Hempy + Lst'ing..... and will look at Goophy's hempies too... will be good to see how other approach it. Going to be fun :)
hugs :)

Well young lady Hempy's are passive hydro, so welcome to the hydro world. Here's a link for coco hempy's from Dalaihempy. I would have sent you this link instead if I would have realized you were using coco sooner. https://www.icmag.co...ad.php?t=147954
Glad to be tagging along, I love hempy grows. This should be fun

Thanks DW... never too many links to pour over... appreciate it
::::ok so am a passive hydro grower huh? lol... it is exciting getting to learn a new method, and can't wait to see how they grow!::::

#71 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21558 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

If you mess up the pH one time, don't worry but try not to make a habit of it. :D
  • bongbonghi, PoeticLife, HD96 and 4 others like this

#72 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

Note to self: get IN the tent at lights on!!! grrrrrrrr and must transfer one more clip on fan into the veg tent.... already added skewers to help 'em stay upright and not do the big lean sidewayz!

#73 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

Just a quick update:

prep'd 1 gal tap (checked the ppm's.... came in at 100.... what does that mean?)
added calmag 1tsp
5ml Rhizotonic
1tsp GH MaxiGro
ph'd to 5.68

they are looking good and healthy.... definitely had a growth spurt over the past 2 days... ::::makes me smile ffs)

learned that I need to rotate the plants... the left rear corner doesn't seem to hit whats there.... the one that was there was still much more moist than the other 3. But since I am of the mindset "all get fed" or "all starve".........I went and fed them all. But I will start rotating them so they dry out evenly and get the light even.

I took out the TDS meter (HM Digital) and decided to check the tap, which came in at 100ppm's.... I don't know if that is good or bad or if it means things need to be added other than what I am already adding. All I know its it stands for parts per million = foreign language!!!

pics of the kids: Attached File  GrowJournal083012 001.JPG   193.02KB   1 downloads
Rear L - Destroyer (love the name ha ha)
Rear R - Fruit Auto
Front L - Prozak #2
Front R - Prozak #1
xtra pic ---> Attached File  GrowJournal083012 002.JPG   192KB   2 downloads
Back in the tent----> Attached File  GrowJournal083012 003.JPG   188.02KB   1 downloads

am awaiting a friend to cut the pvc pipes for the hempy pails... hopefully soon, since usually I can only get away with 2 wks max in the itty bitty veg tent and usually then its time to up pot! flying right along so far rofl (will adjust the ph a little lower once they get into the final pots).

Toking begins NOW!!!! (feel free to join in!)
:D
::::have a new method to taking pics.... take a deep breath... hold it... hold it...as my face turns BLUE.... press the button... and breathe roflmao)
  • bongbonghi, Lucky_Cat, Scooby and 2 others like this

#74 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21558 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

100 ppm (parts per million) is pretty good, in fact if it were much lower you'd probably have to add a little calcium. I'd say the plants are coming along nicely, good color and they are standing tall. EDIT: http://www.weedguru....hp?f=88&t=27325
  • bongbonghi, PoeticLife, HD96 and 3 others like this

#75 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

100 ppm (parts per million) is pretty good, in fact if it were much lower you'd probably have to add a little calcium.

I'd say the plants are coming along nicely, good color and they are standing tall.

yep they look nice and healthy!!! is Calcium one of those OPTIONAL :wacko: thingies? lmao.... don't answer or we'll be playing tag you're it!
puff... puff.... pass-----> :passit:

grrrrr gremlins won't let me thank your post!!!!
  • bongbonghi, HD96, Scooby and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hempy, Coco

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users