• Please log in to reply
1697 replies to this topic

#1 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

This is grow will be all fem’d seeds. Same set up as before but with a little twist learning hempy.

My Setup:
1. Grow Medium: Canna Coco Coir (pre-washed and fine consistency)
2. Water: Tap (central water) pH's at 7.9 out of the tap (ph down is my goooood friend)
3. Temps/Humidity: Will document when needed
4. Lighting: 400W hps w/cool tube & Ballast

5. Ventilation: Dayton 273 blower/exhaust
33 - 13 Carbon Canfilter
2 fans to circulate air in the tent

6. Nutrients: (changing my lineup from the Canna line to GH Maxi Series)
GH MaxiGro
GH MaxiBloom
Canna PK 13-14 (have to find out if this is needed when doing hempy and the new nutes)
Canna Rhizotonic (gotta check my notes if needed)
Sludge Remover
Molasses
(this is a whole different approach doing it hempy style…so a learning curve for sure and need to check on a few things….then document as I go…..yep get ready for brain picking again KD!!)

7. Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor
Veg Tent 16X16X 36 and light in veg was 175 MH w/reflector
Flower Tent 20DeepX36WideX63Tall (am looking into a bigger tent down the line…but for now will be using what I have used in the past)

* added a 2nd tent along the way, old flower tent is now the veg tent and new tent for flower is approx 21"deep, 47" wide, 58" height

I’ve heard such good things on going the hempy route and am already knowing its less costly than what I was using before…, I am a creature of habit but now its time to learn more!

Seeds:
La Pipa de la Pau (great peeps truly….. they’ll help you in any way possible.. and with a smile too!
Destroyer – Cannabiogen
Prozak – Medical Seeds (started 2)
Fruit Automatic (a freebie from a past order with Attitude)

The Plan:
Keep them alive thru to harvest!!
Learn Hempy

Still Need To Do:
Prep the pots for hempy….got my soldering iron ready to make the hole in each, 2” above base of pail for drainage (will measure repeatedly till I got it all lined up on each pot)

Glue a length of hose or pvc pipe to the inside of the pots…. So I can check the amount of water in the resevoir with a dowel or something (still have a week or two to get it done lol)

Hang a calendar so I can keep track easily with their progress and feedings and prob’s if any (or should I say when there are probs lol)

Wash off the rocks that will be in the resevoir (not up to that right now but will get it done soooonish….usually the veg tent can hold the little girls for about 2 wks max and then they’ll shift over to the big tent for flowering.

8/14 they hit the water for a 24hr soak
8/15 Fruit Automatic showed its pretty head (but needed a little help losing its hat)
8/16 All 4 are above ground (yippee)
8/17 Lightly watered w/ph’d tap

All were put in my little 5 X 5 pots which will usually last for approximately 2 weeks and then get relocated to their final home in 2 gallon pails…..one up pot and that’s it. Am looking forward to doing this (sorta/kinda lol) and seeing if it is not only easier for me to handle, but also to see if I have better results! The Fruit Automatic is going to stay in the small veg tent thru to flower so that the other 3 have enough space to do what they need to do. It’ll be interesting to see if I can possibly go a day longer between feedings/waterings…. And I still need to figure out an easier way to get the plants to drain into something without the lifting and removing plants from the tent. Had a wire shelf in at one point with trays underneath, but that was a p.i.t.a., so am still figuring things on that one!

I am also going to do my best at cloning from them….. I’ve put it off long enough and if I can skip the seedling stage then even better!

Get ready for some serious brain picking KD….. have already misplaced or lost all my notes from the dead laptop… so will be looking for reminders on what you’ve already said. If you see anything done incorrectly just jump in and let me know! I just got around to ordering the Maxi Series today (yep last minute as always).

Light Feed (using what I had on hand till the new nutes are received in a few days)
prep'd 1 gal tap
2.9ml CannaA
2.9ml CannaB
5ml Rhizo
few drops of cal mag
Ph'd to 5.76

Pics of the tiny babies:
Fruit Auto with her helmet still on lol....fixed it without any damage! Attached File  HempyGrow081812 028.JPG   145.53KB   9 downloads Attached File  HempyGrow081812 030.JPG   148.62KB   15 downloads Attached File  HempyGrow081812 031.JPG   148.12KB   10 downloads Attached File  HempyGrow081812 032.JPG   150.92KB   10 downloads Attached File  HempyGrow081812 033.JPG   140.53KB   10 downloads Attached File  HempyGrow081812 034.JPG   140.56KB   8 downloads

It feels so darn good to have coco back under my fingernails! Didn't realize how much I had missed it.... no more unplanned breaks... gotta keep it going :)

KD if you are peeking in..... what ph range am I looking for when they get up potted into the hempy pails?

So far so good.... they live & I smile :)

Hugs all around!
:::am going to try my best not to chicken out of doing hempy... may be rinsing rocks tomorrow... maybe...... and I'll try and keep the journal under 100 pages!!!::::

and Cloning must be attacked this grow.... I can clone off fem'd right?

ok got a joint with my name written all over it and its calling my name..... come smoke me pweeeeeze ha ha

• bongbonghi, plant boy, Lucky_Cat and 10 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9678 posts
  • Locationllanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

Woot woot poet lovely tis going to be a blast spesh da destroyer.. and yeppers on the cloning with da fems.. winter is not that far away and crimbo just around da corner and no doubt the snow and the ice and all that cold northern shite me best advise is too look for a nice wee cheap leccy propogator and your clones will fly... and just pop in a wee pot of mud/soil.. and bingo they will take off .. have a feeling the destroyer will do you proud and she is an awesome smoke for sure...teddo has done the destroyer 11 weeks and well worth it and 100% sat...teddo says that it doesn't like the nitrogen.. so easy on da grow nutes very easy... UP DA FIRST TIME HEMPY BUCKETEERS.. bit like D'Artagnan but no swordies... now thinking if the 3 musketeers were billy bullshitters cus how many times did they go bang bang? I cant remember a single occassion.. even in da last film they was giving it large against proper muskerteers who had muskets and they had swords.. so why the feck are the called the 3 musteteers.. fecking charlatans lmao.. woot woot and all for one and all that.. :)
  • bongbonghi, plant boy, PoeticLife and 6 others like this

#3 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

Woohooo... great to see them new babies up and growing!! Seeeeeee... hehehe I knew you wanted to! Wising you the best on this run.... Hugs!
  • bongbonghi, plant boy, Lucky_Cat and 6 others like this

#4 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:54 AM

:D hehehe...this should be fun! hehe got me a dynamite seedling in coir right now....be nice to see a comparison! muA
  • bongbonghi, plant boy, Lucky_Cat and 7 others like this

#5 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

Will be tagging along to watch the show,if you don't mind.I have been thinking of doing hempy here pretty soon myself. Hugs, Blue
  • bongbonghi, plant boy, Lucky_Cat and 5 others like this

#6 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

Nice baby pics Poet i'm gonna pull up a chair for this grow too.I would send some good karma for an all girl grow but you already took care of the so the karma is for a happy healthy grow.Oh and guess what I turned my other lappie on the one I split water on and it now works.So I was thinking I don't have the money to ship it to you but if you do it's yours.It might need a new hard drive because you have to press enter on a DOS looking page but when you do it starts right up.I even played a few games on make sure it was working.It will be cheaper than buying a new one at the most a new HD.If I could afford it I would send it so if you can it's yours and it's less than 6 months old.If ya want to check it out it's a Compaq Presario CQ57-410US Notebook PC.
  • plant boy, Lucky_Cat, PoeticLife and 4 others like this

#7 HD96

HD96

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

Great to see you growing again Poet! Hope you don't mind if I follow along!! This should be fun, GO HEMPY GO!!

:party:

#8 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Woot woot poet lovely tis going to be a blast spesh da destroyer.. and yeppers on the cloning with da fems.. winter is not that far away and crimbo just around da corner and no doubt the snow and the ice and all that cold northern shite me best advise is too look for a nice wee cheap leccy propogator and your clones will fly... and just pop in a wee pot of mud/soil.. and bingo they will take off .. have a feeling the destroyer will do you proud and she is an awesome smoke for sure...teddo has done the destroyer 11 weeks and well worth it and 100% sat...teddo says that it doesn't like the nitrogen.. so easy on da grow nutes very easy...

UP DA FIRST TIME HEMPY BUCKETEERS.. bit like D'Artagnan but no swordies... now thinking if the 3 musketeers were billy bullshitters cus how many times did they go bang bang? I cant remember a single occassion.. even in da last film they was giving it large against proper muskerteers who had muskets and they had swords.. so why the feck are the called the 3 musteteers.. fecking charlatans lmao.. woot woot and all for one and all that.. :)

You steered me in the direction and knew Teddy had grown a few soooooo I had to try the Destroyer! did you mean he flowered for 11 weeks? yep I def need a propagator... the ones I've looked at look so short in height.... how tall should the thing be? am clueless lol As far as the 3 Musketeers...... am stoned and again.... I'll just roll with whatever you think on it lol
Hugs!!! up da hempy!

Woohooo... great to see them new babies up and growing!! Seeeeeee... hehehe I knew you wanted to!

Wising you the best on this run.... Hugs!

Yup.... was missing my favorite thing to do!!! so am back in the saddle as they say!
Hugs!

:D hehehe...this should be fun! hehe got me a dynamite seedling in coir right now....be nice to see a comparison!
muA

Hey medi :)
oooohhh dynamite + coco.... sounds yum! have you grown in coco before? I do love my coco.... couldn't imagine lifting soil. Funny you said you wanted to see the difference, because I was going to do 2 in hempy and one in just coco.... but will keep it all hempy so I don't mix my head up!
Hugs!

Will be tagging along to watch the show,if you don't mind.I have been thinking of doing hempy here pretty soon myself.
Hugs,
Blue

It wouldn't be a journal if you weren't along for the journey Blue!!! rofl..... the only way I'm going to be able to do this hempy is by picking KD's brain lol.... so hopefully he'll be checking in (I'm sure he will) and letting me know when I do somehting wrong or bizarro!
Hugs!

Nice baby pics Poet i'm gonna pull up a chair for this grow too.I would send some good karma for an all girl grow but you already took care of the so the karma is for a happy healthy grow.Oh and guess what I turned my other lappie on the one I split water on and it now works.So I was thinking I don't have the money to ship it to you but if you do it's yours.It might need a new hard drive because you have to press enter on a DOS looking page but when you do it starts right up.I even played a few games on make sure it was working.It will be cheaper than buying a new one at the most a new HD.If I could afford it I would send it so if you can it's yours and it's less than 6 months old.If ya want to check it out it's a Compaq Presario CQ57-410US Notebook PC.

you are too wonderful for words!!! Will be pm'ing you very shortly on the notebook.....its like Christmas in August!!
Big mega hugs!

Great to see you growing again Poet! Hope you don't mind if I follow along!! This should be fun, GO HEMPY GO!!

:party:

Hey HD!!! glad to have you along for the entertainment lol. Hope all is green and lush in your garden!

Hugs :)

#9 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

I just pm'ed you back :D
  • plant boy, Lucky_Cat, PoeticLife and 5 others like this

#10 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

I just pm'ed you back :D

got it :) if I could send ya super big hugs I would!!! but all I have is this---> Hug Smiley

#11 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2250 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

hey guys newb question what is hempy? ive jus cracked a critical+ freebie wil post a pic tmora and start a thread. always good to see sum1 get bac in the game :) wil compare with u poet hydro to coco i can pick up some tips for wen i try coco. bonghead
  • bongbonghi, plant boy, Lucky_Cat and 4 others like this

#12 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21420 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

hey guys newb question what is hempy? ive jus cracked a critical+ freebie wil post a pic tmora and start a thread. always good to see sum1 get bac in the game :) wil compare with u poet hydro to coco i can pick up some tips for wen i try coco.
bonghead

This'll explain the basics. http://forum.growkin...ead.php?t=29638

#13 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21420 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

Good to see you growing again Poet and I think you'll do well with Hempy. As for pH you treat it like hydro with a pH between 5.6-6.0 with 5.7 as your target.

#14 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

hey guys newb question what is hempy? ive jus cracked a critical+ freebie wil post a pic tmora and start a thread. always good to see sum1 get bac in the game :) wil compare with u poet hydro to coco i can pick up some tips for wen i try coco.
bonghead

Hey bonghead! glad you joined the party! KD is teaching me the ropes with hempy.....I'm just going to try and follow his directions :) Are you doing hydro now and then may try coco? I love growing in coco, but am always looking to make things easier and hopefully this will do the trick! Only problem I had with all coco had nothing to do with growing and everything to do with price.... nowhere local to get the one I use and the shipping was double the price of the actual 50 lb bag!!! (Canna Coco Coir) and no precharging/prewashing.... so was easy! will get over to visit your journal.... you have one right?
hugs!

Good to see you growing again Poet and I think you'll do well with Hempy. As for pH you treat it like hydro with a pH between 5.6-6.0 with 5.7 as your target.

Got it... so ph is basically the same.
? When I'm mixing a gallon of water (when I get the new nutes... any day now) do I still add CalMag in the beginning....and do I continue to use the Rhizotonic (root growth thingy) I only added a small amount of the Rhizo on the first 1/2 dose feed and well you can see above what I used, and will prob do the same tonite (assuming they are dry)....I know there are lots of notes in pm's so willl re-look!

:wacko: glad you're here to keep me straight!
hugs
  • bongbonghi, Lucky_Cat, GoophyPhucker and 5 others like this

#15 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21420 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Just feed like your doing now and you should do just fine.

#16 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

I couldn't resist the urge to go peek in on the girls....... had thought they'd be drier and had prep'd a gallon w/ light nutes (few drops calmag, 3mlA, 3mlB, 5Rhizo) but they were still damp and will do a feed/watering tomorrow. am pleased to see they aren't real leggy yet, and have the fan blowing on them to strengthen up the stems.

ooooh how I missed visiting the tent!!!

ok babies took a pose---->
Prozak 1 & 2 Attached File  GrowJournal082112 001.JPG   172.59KB   9 downloads
Destroyer Attached File  GrowJournal082112 002.JPG   177.77KB   11 downloads
Fruit Automatic Attached File  GrowJournal082112 003.JPG   174.55KB   9 downloads

so far no fatalities lol..... nice and green and healthy!!!

::::I can be rediculous with my feedings (totally admit it)... I usually make sure the water is kinda room temp... but since I had already mixed the batch and they were still damp....grrrrr... might be my first time letting a water jug sit overnite.. going to mean it'll be cool temp water and think it'll make 'em shocky... I always end up making a new fresh batch! told ya... rediculous no?::::

sleeep and grow babies

#17 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21420 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

Posted Image

:lol:

#18 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

Posted Image

:lol:

lmfao...... that one just may end up in my signature... its inevitable!
Hugs!

#19 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2250 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

hey guys thanks kd, yes poet im using hydro this time wil start a thread in current journal if thats what you mean. wil be keeping an eye on this 1 as im very interested in coco ;) bonghead

#20 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

So glad to see you up and running with a journal again, Poet! There's been a certain degree of quiet on the boards without your energy and daily entries. I'm wishing you great karma on this one and big healthy girls at the end of it all. Hope the hempy style fits you and serves you well! Hugs, Scoob

#21 GoophyPhucker

GoophyPhucker

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

Ola Poet,
WayKool you doing a Hempy grow in Coco!.
I have done a few Hempy grows with perlite/vericulite and really like them.
Sending you big Karma for this grow.
  • plant boy, Lucky_Cat, KnuckleDragger and 6 others like this

#22 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for stopping by everyone!!! Forgot to write down that they got fed/watered last night with the prep'd gallon of water & nutes.

all 4 girls + 2L feed 8/22

one of the prozak is looking a little off in color... would that mean I should start increasing the Calmag a bit more (was only doing a 1/2 tsp in one gallon to start)... or just increase everything up a bit more. Was doing a light feed cut in half the amts listed in the cannagardening guide.

let me know!
:::scooby am trying to keep it to posting every 2 days or so.... ha ha as if that'll work!:::
  • plant boy, Lucky_Cat, HD96 and 4 others like this

#23 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2250 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

hey poet forgot to mention iv got a hydro grow goin in current grow journals (big buddha cheese) its a little vague but im new to the grow journal :) silly newb :) bonghead
  • plant boy, Lucky_Cat, HD96 and 4 others like this

#24 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

hey poet forgot to mention iv got a hydro grow goin in current grow journals (big buddha cheese) its a little vague but im new to the grow journal :) silly newb :)
bonghead

got it and am subscribed to follow along!!! wishing you a phenomenal journey..... don't ya just love growing your own? love it love it love it! :)

hugs!
  • plant boy, Lucky_Cat, HD96 and 5 others like this

#25 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

Woohooo... grow babies grow!! So good to see you up and running again!!! Wishin you the best for a great run. HUgs!
  • plant boy, Lucky_Cat, PoeticLife and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hempy, Coco

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users